Heroscapers
Go Back   Heroscapers > Official Valhalla HeroScape > HeroScape General Discussion
HeroScape General Discussion General discussions of packaging, terrain, components, etc. If it doesn't fit in any other official category, put it here.

Notices

Old August 14th, 2014, 06:18 PM
Saving the world - one lonely Marro at a time

mac122 is a man of the cloth mac122 is a man of the cloth mac122 is a man of the cloth mac122 is a man of the cloth mac122 is a man of the cloth mac122 is a man of the cloth mac122 is a man of the cloth mac122 is a man of the cloth mac122 is a man of the cloth mac122 is a man of the cloth mac122 is a man of the cloth mac122 is a man of the cloth mac122 is a man of the cloth mac122 is a man of the cloth mac122 is a man of the cloth
Re: HyGroundTiles- 3D printing custom terrain

Nice pics. That helps.

@Brease - Looks like the bottom of the HG tiles are concave so the raised portion of the Scape tiles nest inside. Am I seeing at that correctly? If so, then that would help them stay in position on top of official Scape tiles.

My Customs HoSS HoSS Sortable Index
Looking for the Codex?
My Trade List
Tourney Record: 2-11 I4031
Old August 14th, 2014, 07:47 PM

Brease is surprisingly tart

Yes, that is correct.
Old August 14th, 2014, 08:33 PM
C3G Landlord

Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth

Good to know as I'm pretty interested in adding those trees to my collection. It looks like I'll be able to set the tree caps right on my board full of scape tree for one epic forest.
Old August 14th, 2014, 09:53 PM

G1shark rolls all skulls baby! G1shark rolls all skulls baby! G1shark rolls all skulls baby! G1shark rolls all skulls baby!

Hey Brease, I've seen this before on Kickstarter several times, where if a person donates a large sum of money they can design there own piece of terrain, so maybe 5,000? and they can make there own piece/design along with getting 6-8 sets/pledge copies. Just an Idea.

You may get a taker or two.

Kickstarter exclusives are also a good incentive, but make sure those primary are in decent price affordable range for the most part, an example would be a Crystal Cluster, Crystal Arch Gateway, Slime Pool or something fancy but simple like that, you could also do a repaint of the Large Fantasy Flower, and make it look like a Rafflesia arnoldii (red peddles instead of blue)

Just throwing around Ideas...

"There's a fine line between genius and insanity, I have erased that line."

Last edited by G1shark; August 14th, 2014 at 10:13 PM.
Old August 15th, 2014, 01:38 AM

Talking Re: HyGroundTiles- 3D printing custom terrain

Quote:
Originally Posted by G1shark View Post
Hey Brease, I've seen this before on Kickstarter several times, where if a person donates a large sum of money they can design there own piece of terrain, so maybe 5,000? and they can make there own piece/design along with getting 6-8 sets/pledge copies. Just an Idea.

You may get a taker or two.

Kickstarter exclusives are also a good incentive, but make sure those primary are in decent price affordable range for the most part, an example would be a Crystal Cluster, Crystal Arch Gateway, Slime Pool or something fancy but simple like that, you could also do a repaint of the Large Fantasy Flower, and make it look like a Rafflesia arnoldii (red peddles instead of blue)

Just throwing around Ideas...
Great Ideas! Not sure if you saw but we actually have a Name your own set pledge level for $800 which is for someone to help design a 3 piece mini set or specialty tile! This pledge level also receives 6 base sets.
Old August 15th, 2014, 02:03 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by mac122 View Post
Nice pics. That helps.

@Brease - Looks like the bottom of the HG tiles are concave so the raised portion of the Scape tiles nest inside. Am I seeing at that correctly? If so, then that would help them stay in position on top of official Scape tiles.
Check out this quick video showing how hyground tiles fit on top of heroscape tiles. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hwPA-LuG3uQ
Old August 15th, 2014, 02:04 AM
SLAYER OF GRUNGEBOB

Tmac2200 wears ripped pants of awesomeness Tmac2200 wears ripped pants of awesomeness Tmac2200 wears ripped pants of awesomeness Tmac2200 wears ripped pants of awesomeness Tmac2200 wears ripped pants of awesomeness Tmac2200 wears ripped pants of awesomeness Tmac2200 wears ripped pants of awesomeness Tmac2200 wears ripped pants of awesomeness

I must say that as someone who owns in the neighborhood of 15 master sets, this project is intriguing. Though outside of a few specialty tiles I can't see myself investing much unless you guys to an urban set up to go along with superscape. But all in all this is a fantastic project and I may throw in $100 or something to pick up enough of it to try out. Those stretch goals are beautiful though, tree fort? I say yes!
Old August 15th, 2014, 10:42 AM
Fan Fiction Prompt Master

Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth

I saw the advertisement in the Gen Con booklet. Very impressive. Smart marketing.

A cloud can change its semblance, yet retain its will
With the intimacy of destruction, One knows what it is to be alive
The empty sky holds no reflection, for sorrow
- Eslo Rudkey
Old August 15th, 2014, 04:05 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tornado View Post
I saw the advertisement in the Gen Con booklet. Very impressive. Smart marketing.
So glad someone noticed! We are trying really hard to get the word out!
Old August 15th, 2014, 04:33 PM
Saving the world - one lonely Marro at a time

mac122 is a man of the cloth mac122 is a man of the cloth mac122 is a man of the cloth mac122 is a man of the cloth mac122 is a man of the cloth mac122 is a man of the cloth mac122 is a man of the cloth mac122 is a man of the cloth mac122 is a man of the cloth mac122 is a man of the cloth mac122 is a man of the cloth mac122 is a man of the cloth mac122 is a man of the cloth mac122 is a man of the cloth mac122 is a man of the cloth

Quote:
Originally Posted by Brease View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by mac122 View Post
Nice pics. That helps.

Check out this quick video showing how hyground tiles fit on top of heroscape tiles. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hwPA-LuG3uQ
Very nice. If this gets funded, it looks very promising for the tree fort set.

Edit: I backed this at the single set pledge level. Now just hoping that the project gets funded and raises enough to unlock the tree fort add-on pack.

My Customs HoSS HoSS Sortable Index
Looking for the Codex?
My Trade List
Tourney Record: 2-11 I4031
Old August 15th, 2014, 05:54 PM
Middle Earth's Saddest Plumber

Son of Arathorn is hot lava death! Son of Arathorn is hot lava death! Son of Arathorn is hot lava death! Son of Arathorn is hot lava death! Son of Arathorn is hot lava death! Son of Arathorn is hot lava death! Son of Arathorn is hot lava death! Son of Arathorn is hot lava death! Son of Arathorn is hot lava death! Son of Arathorn is hot lava death! Son of Arathorn is hot lava death! Son of Arathorn is hot lava death! Son of Arathorn is hot lava death!

I'll lend my voice to the crowd. This project looks amazing, and could be a great way for 'Scapers to introduce new players to the hobby without anyone getting gouged by ebay just because they want lava or forest sets. Those pics with the chasm mat and tree fort have me thinking of modular battlefields of HeroScape and Hyground pushed/bridged together.

I'll be pledging for sure.
Old August 15th, 2014, 06:19 PM
...Something unique

Ninja Status is hot lava death! Ninja Status is hot lava death! Ninja Status is hot lava death! Ninja Status is hot lava death! Ninja Status is hot lava death! Ninja Status is hot lava death! Ninja Status is hot lava death! Ninja Status is hot lava death! Ninja Status is hot lava death! Ninja Status is hot lava death! Ninja Status is hot lava death! Ninja Status is hot lava death! Ninja Status is hot lava death!

I didn't really get a good look at this till now but, wow. This is definitely something I'd consider merging with Heroscape. Some of the expansion sets are a little bit too cartoony for my taste but I'm sure that'll pass once I get used to the feel.

If only I had some cash, this project is definitely worth the cost.

Go Back   Heroscapers > Official Valhalla HeroScape > HeroScape General Discussion