Heroscapers
Go Back   Heroscapers > Marvel Legends HeroScape > Comic Hero Custom Creations > C3G SuperScape > C3G Legacy > C3G Legacy Library
C3G Legacy Library This is the archive for all the designs released in the original era of C3G. Feel free to post any figure specific questions in their individual books.

Notices

Old May 29th, 2010, 02:01 AM
Founding Member of C3G and C3V

Griffin rolls all skulls baby! Griffin rolls all skulls baby! Griffin rolls all skulls baby! Griffin rolls all skulls baby!
Re: She-Hulk - Brainstorming Phase

Quote:
Originally Posted by IAmBatman View Post
I thought we were following Brainstorming standards for these threads, not having an entire discussion?
I thought of that, but honestly, this entire project is just so casual, and the threads are only going to be in the "Brainstorming" phase for a week, so I don't think a little private chatter will hurt anything.
Old May 29th, 2010, 05:30 AM
"Let's Nut this Unit Out!"

A3n is a man of the cloth A3n is a man of the cloth A3n is a man of the cloth A3n is a man of the cloth A3n is a man of the cloth A3n is a man of the cloth A3n is a man of the cloth A3n is a man of the cloth A3n is a man of the cloth A3n is a man of the cloth A3n is a man of the cloth A3n is a man of the cloth A3n is a man of the cloth A3n is a man of the cloth A3n is a man of the cloth

Well if her strength increase is fear base we could have an ability that gives her extra dice based on the skulls rolled in attack against her. Just to set her apart from the Rage Smash??

~ I was holding actual comments because I to thought it was to work like our normal brainstorming thread.

Cheers
Old May 29th, 2010, 07:35 AM

Griffin rolls all skulls baby! Griffin rolls all skulls baby! Griffin rolls all skulls baby! Griffin rolls all skulls baby!

Quote:
Originally Posted by A3n View Post
Well if her strength increase is fear base we could have an ability that gives her extra dice based on the skulls rolled in attack against her. Just to set her apart from the Rage Smash??

~ I was holding actual comments because I to thought it was to work like our normal brainstorming thread.

Cheers
Are you suggesting that she receive +1 to her defense for each skull rolled against her from an attack? That is an interesting mechanic, and I like it, but I am not sure that grasps the theme just right. She doesn't Defend better the more frightened she becomes, she simply becomes stronger and less reserved.
Old May 29th, 2010, 08:46 AM
Prickly Cactus

Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth

Quote:
Originally Posted by Griffin View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by A3n View Post

Cheers
Are you suggesting that she receive +1 to her defense for each skull rolled against her from an attack? That is an interesting mechanic, and I like it, but I am not sure that grasps the theme just right. She doesn't Defend better the more frightened she becomes, she simply becomes stronger and less reserved.
I'm just guessing here, but maybe A3n is suggesting that She-Hulk gets +1 to her attack for each skull rolled against her in the previous attack, as that would show her getting stronger with fear. The only thing that I wouldn't like about that is that if Hulk rolls 9 skulls against her out of an 11 die attack, then she'd get +9 to her attack. That would put her stronger than Hulk and not thematic IMO. I also wouldn't think that it would be too thematic if her attack boost would fluctuate from attack to attack against her and it would be a pain to keep track of. If there was a cap of 2 or 3, then she'd get the boost pretty quickly and it would be nearly an automatic boost.

The Regenerative Healing power that Griff suggested could set her apart as could a limited Leap w/o penalty to attack.

Hand of fate is moving and the finger points to you
...Iron Maiden - The Wicker Man

TUTORIAL FOR RE-BASING FIGURES

3hrs 43mins 32secs = 1242nd of 8808 overall - 1988 Honolulu Marathon
Old May 29th, 2010, 12:51 PM
Best There Is! - C3G Con 2020 Champ

IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer

I think it would be far too confusing to translate a bonus across turns. What if you got attacked multiple times in the turn? Do the bonuses stack? Confusing.
I do really like the idea of her improving her defense the more skulls you roll against her, though. I don't like the idea of her playing like "mini Hulk" at all, so a creative twist like that would really help her shine in a unique way, IMO.
That, and the Regenerative power are steps in the right direction, I think.

C3G can be played with official Heroscape, but it's not recommended.

DISCLAIMER: C3G claims no ownership of the characters or artwork used for C3G customs. All rights for the characters belong to their respective publishers/creators. C3G cards are not intended for sale, and C3G does not authorize any party to profit from C3G cards.

Old May 29th, 2010, 05:45 PM
"Let's Nut this Unit Out!"

A3n is a man of the cloth A3n is a man of the cloth A3n is a man of the cloth A3n is a man of the cloth A3n is a man of the cloth A3n is a man of the cloth A3n is a man of the cloth A3n is a man of the cloth A3n is a man of the cloth A3n is a man of the cloth A3n is a man of the cloth A3n is a man of the cloth A3n is a man of the cloth A3n is a man of the cloth A3n is a man of the cloth

No I was meaning defence, but just spit-balling & seeing if anybody else wanted to make something of it that might stick.

On a side I personally don't see strength always related to the attack. I don't think we have to jump in & increase somebody's attack just because they have super strength (not the HS term). Defence is strength also as they have to be strong enough to withstand attacks & if it's a melee fight then they are in in it blow-for-blow so defence is just part of the total fight.

Cheers
Old May 29th, 2010, 05:56 PM

IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer

I'm with you all the way on this one, A3n! And I think the + 1 defense die for each skull rolled in the attack against her mechanic sounds really fun and promising.
I think her base defense would have to be pretty low to make it work, though, like 3 or 4.

DISCLAIMER: C3G claims no ownership of the characters or artwork used for C3G customs. All rights for the characters belong to their respective publishers/creators. C3G cards are not intended for sale, and C3G does not authorize any party to profit from C3G cards.

Old May 29th, 2010, 05:57 PM

Oh, and also, you'd want a cap on it, probably (though are you really ever likely to get more than 6 skulls thrown at you?).

Old May 29th, 2010, 06:34 PM

I love the mechanic, I do, but in the comics She-Hulk doesn't get angry or scared and just defend well, she usually goes on a rampage and destroys everything in sight....
Old May 29th, 2010, 09:42 PM

Some notes from Wikipedia:

The character's personality has changed over the years: originally ill-tempered and violent, she is now depicted as a fun-loving, kind, empathetic, yet still feisty woman who frequently uses humor when fighting. She has stated that she does not want to kill her foes, especially ones that she has already subdued.[43] She also felt great remorse for almost destroying a small town (due to her transformed state briefly turning uncontrollable from radiation), and helped construction workers to rebuild it.[44]

As a generally idealistic lawyer, the character has a history of defending the rights of minorities,[45] the mentally ill,[46] civil liberties,[47] including the right for criminals to not be unduly mistreated and get a proper defense,[48] or individuals to not be victimised by certain less ethical corporations,[49] but also a belief in the necessity of law and order.[50] These priorities have sometimes made her personally conflicted, such as reversing her stance regarding the "Superhuman Registration Act";[51] and being disillusioned when her more famous cousin (whom she considers as a brother)[52] was shot into space without due process,[53] or when what she thought to be a torturer and murderer of children was cleared from all charges.[54]

In an interview former She-Hulk writer Peter David describes her as follows: "She-Hulk has the potential to be our Wonder Woman. A powerful female with a strong moral center and a determination to do what's right. She's also a unique combination of brains and brawn. The ideal She-Hulk story is one that plays on both aspects of her make-up, the intelligence combined with her strength."[55]

[edit] Powers and abilities

A transfusion of gamma-irradiated blood from her cousin Bruce Banner (the Hulk) granted Jennifer Walters superhuman powers. In her She-Hulk form, she possesses immense superhuman strength, which makes her one of the strongest known women in the Marvel Universe.[56] Although She-Hulk's strength originally remained at a set level and did not increase, later in her history her strength has sporadically been stated to increase further from fear,[52] or anger,[57] similar to her cousin. In addition the character possesses superhuman speed, agility, stamina, and reflexes.[58] Unlike Hulk, her personality and intelligence are less affected when she transforms into She-Hulk, although she becomes more self-confident and assertive. For a long time, She-Hulk could not revert to her original human form.

As She-Hulk, Walters is exponentially stronger than she is in her Jennifer Walters form; therefore any extra strength gained as Jennifer Walters through intense physical training will be amplified, making her She-Hulk form even stronger. After being defeated by the Champion of the Universe, She-Hulk exercised for several months in her Jennifer Walters form, resulting in a significant gain in strength and muscular mass in her She-Hulk form and allowing her to soundly defeat the Champion in a rematch. At this time she was able to effortlessly sustain the Thing's maximum weight with a single arm, while her strength was greatly restrained by a "Jupiter suit," and she was shown as considerably stronger than Hercules.[59] Her base strength level has since receded.

She-Hulk's body is superhumanly durable and impervious to high levels of force, pain, and disease: her skin can withstand extremes of temperature, as well as tremendous stresses and impacts without puncture wounds or lacerations. Her enhanced physiology renders her immune to all terrestrial diseases. She-Hulk also possesses a healing factor, which enabled her to completely recover, within minutes, from a skewering by the Wendigo.[60]

- From me again - I'd say she sounds a lot less angry and rampaging than her cousin by far.

Old May 30th, 2010, 12:11 AM
C3G Hero

whitestuff is a penguin with a machine gun whitestuff is a penguin with a machine gun whitestuff is a penguin with a machine gun whitestuff is a penguin with a machine gun whitestuff is a penguin with a machine gun whitestuff is a penguin with a machine gun whitestuff is a penguin with a machine gun whitestuff is a penguin with a machine gun whitestuff is a penguin with a machine gun whitestuff is a penguin with a machine gun whitestuff is a penguin with a machine gun

She seems like she could be a good candidate for a 'one shield defense' type of power...
Old June 15th, 2010, 08:12 AM
"our design team knows what it's doing"

NecroBlade is a man of the cloth NecroBlade is a man of the cloth NecroBlade is a man of the cloth NecroBlade is a man of the cloth NecroBlade is a man of the cloth NecroBlade is a man of the cloth NecroBlade is a man of the cloth NecroBlade is a man of the cloth NecroBlade is a man of the cloth NecroBlade is a man of the cloth NecroBlade is a man of the cloth NecroBlade is a man of the cloth NecroBlade is a man of the cloth NecroBlade is a man of the cloth NecroBlade is a man of the cloth

I hate She-Hulk.

Arena of the Valkyire - Help create Heroscape's next Master Set!
Trade List
C3V Brainstorm
never not funny
Pepperony - 14/09/13

Go Back   Heroscapers > Marvel Legends HeroScape > Comic Hero Custom Creations > C3G SuperScape > C3G Legacy > C3G Legacy Library