Heroscapers
Go Back   Heroscapers > Marvel Legends HeroScape > Comic Hero Custom Creations > C3G SuperScape > C3G Legacy
C3G Legacy Archive of all the original discussions and workshops from the first stage of C3G.

Notices

Old July 22nd, 2020, 05:58 PM
Forum Moderator

Dr. Jekyll wears ripped pants of awesomeness Dr. Jekyll wears ripped pants of awesomeness Dr. Jekyll wears ripped pants of awesomeness Dr. Jekyll wears ripped pants of awesomeness Dr. Jekyll wears ripped pants of awesomeness Dr. Jekyll wears ripped pants of awesomeness Dr. Jekyll wears ripped pants of awesomeness
Re: Dr. Jekyll's Thinking Room

I don't want to seem like I am just tweaking to tweak. I just feel like in the case of characters like Batman and Night Thrasher, why would everyone know what they have in their pockets/belt. Batman is known to prep for every occasion, how could anyone possible know what he has on his belt. That is, until it is too late.
Old July 22nd, 2020, 05:59 PM
C3G Landlord

Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth

Unless their is a theme issue with the word Belt in the title, I would just re-use the power from Batman II as is. Re-used powers are encouraged when applicable as it's easier for users to quick glance at the power name and know what it does. Minor changes to well known powers can often go over looked & misplayed.
Old July 28th, 2020, 04:11 PM
Forum Moderator

Dr. Jekyll wears ripped pants of awesomeness Dr. Jekyll wears ripped pants of awesomeness Dr. Jekyll wears ripped pants of awesomeness Dr. Jekyll wears ripped pants of awesomeness Dr. Jekyll wears ripped pants of awesomeness Dr. Jekyll wears ripped pants of awesomeness Dr. Jekyll wears ripped pants of awesomeness

Super Soldier Paint Tutorial

Step 1: Acquire the three figures used to assemble greatness.

Step 2: Use an Xacto Knife to cut the top off of Captain America and Doc Samson right above the brow. Don’t worry if it’s not perfect, use a file to flatten out the cut. This is not easy, be careful not to cut yourself.

Step 3: Remove Captain America’s shield (be sure to keep as much of the shield straps as you can) and glue Doc Samson’s hair onto Cap’s head.

Step 4: Remove Captain America’s kite shield and cut it into a diamond shape.

Step 5: Paint the shield to resemble the “Symbol of Hope”.(I used Reaper Bones Heraldic Red and Pale Saffron Yellow. Not the greatest, but it works.)

Step 6: Using a red, paint just below Cap’s belt front and back. Paint Cap’s new hairdo a yellow. As the final touch, glue his new shield on where his previous one was. Now you have your very own Super Soldier!

Edit: I gotta figure out how to put the images here.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg The Three.jpg (3.75 MB, 143 views)
File Type: jpg Cut the Tops.jpg (3.50 MB, 140 views)
File Type: jpg Put the top on.jpg (4.34 MB, 143 views)
File Type: jpg Cut the Shield.jpg (4.92 MB, 142 views)
File Type: jpg Shield.jpg (3.94 MB, 136 views)
File Type: jpg Finished.jpg (3.59 MB, 136 views)

Last edited by Dr. Jekyll; August 8th, 2020 at 11:40 PM.
Old August 8th, 2020, 07:03 PM
Forum Moderator

This is where I'm at with Night Thrasher. You guys are right, let's keep it simple and familiar. I changed Utility Pack to Utility Belt. I really need to get this guy going.

Quote:

NAME = NIGHT THRASHER
SECRET IDENTITY = DWAYNE TAYLOR

SPECIES = HUMAN
UNIQUENESS = UNIQUE HERO
CLASS = CRIME FIGHTER
PERSONALITY = DEDICATED

SIZE/HEIGHT = MEDIUM 5

LIFE = 4

MOVE = 7
RANGE = 1
ATTACK = 4
DEFENSE = 5

POINTS = 220

NEW WARRIORS
After revealing an Order Marker on the card of a Crime Fighter you control and taking a turn with that figure, you may remove an Order Marker from the card of another Crime Fighter you control to take a turn with that figure, adding 1 to its attack number if it has a Reckless personality. You may not take any additional turns with other figures you control.

UTILITY BELT 3
At the start of the game, after Order Markers are placed and before initiative is rolled, you may place up to three Utility Equipment Glyphs of different types on this card. Night Thrasher can equip a Utility Equipment Glyph even if there are other Utility Equipment Glyphs on this card, up to a maximum of 3. Night Thrasher cannot lose these glyphs by receiving wounds unless he is destroyed.

BATTLE STAVES SPECIAL ATTACK
Range 1. Attack 3.
Choose up to two figures to attack. Roll 3 attack dice once for all affected figures. Each figure rolls defense dice separately, and rolls one fewer defense die for each skull rolled. After attacking with Battle Staves, Night Thrasher may attack with this special attack one additional time.

Last edited by Dr. Jekyll; August 8th, 2020 at 08:46 PM.
Old August 8th, 2020, 07:34 PM
Just A Head

MrNobody is a penguin with a machine gun MrNobody is a penguin with a machine gun MrNobody is a penguin with a machine gun MrNobody is a penguin with a machine gun MrNobody is a penguin with a machine gun MrNobody is a penguin with a machine gun MrNobody is a penguin with a machine gun MrNobody is a penguin with a machine gun MrNobody is a penguin with a machine gun MrNobody is a penguin with a machine gun MrNobody is a penguin with a machine gun MrNobody is a penguin with a machine gun

Here's the updated NW text.
Quote:
NEW WARRIORS
After revealing an Order Marker on the card of a Crime Fighter you control and taking a turn with that figure, you may remove an Order Marker from this card to take a turn with a Crime Fighter you control within 6 clear sight spaces of Night Thrasher, adding 1 to its attack number if it has a Reckless personality. You may not take any additional turns with other figures you control.
I'd probably bump him down to Utility Belt 2. I think him having as many Glyphs as Batman himself is going to be a hard sell for people. Might also bump Battle Staves down to 2 attack as well, just so it's not a total upgrade to Nightwing's SA, but that one is more of a personal opinion thing.

Are you still planning on doing the skateboard Glyph? if so, probably makes sense for his move to be 5.

Super excited for him!
Old August 8th, 2020, 08:45 PM
Forum Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by MrNobody View Post
Here's the updated NW text.
Quote:
NEW WARRIORS
After revealing an Order Marker on the card of a Crime Fighter you control and taking a turn with that figure, you may remove an Order Marker from this card to take a turn with a Crime Fighter you control within 6 clear sight spaces of Night Thrasher, adding 1 to its attack number if it has a Reckless personality. You may not take any additional turns with other figures you control.
I'd probably bump him down to Utility Belt 2. I think him having as many Glyphs as Batman himself is going to be a hard sell for people. Might also bump Battle Staves down to 2 attack as well, just so it's not a total upgrade to Nightwing's SA, but that one is more of a personal opinion thing.

Are you still planning on doing the skateboard Glyph? if so, probably makes sense for his move to be 5.

Super excited for him!
Thanks for the update. I didn't know if you were okay with me LDing the Skate Board. If you are that would be great. Also if I run Thrasher and the Board concurrently do I put them both in the same thread or two separate threads?

Quote:
NAME = NIGHT THRASHER
SECRET IDENTITY = DWAYNE TAYLOR

SPECIES = HUMAN
UNIQUENESS = UNIQUE HERO
CLASS = CRIME FIGHTER
PERSONALITY = DEDICATED

SIZE/HEIGHT = MEDIUM 5

LIFE = 4

MOVE = 5
RANGE = 1
ATTACK = 4
DEFENSE = 5

POINTS = 220

NEW WARRIORS

UTILITY BELT 2
At the start of the game, after Order Markers are placed and before initiative is rolled, you may place up to two Utility Equipment Glyphs of different types on this card. Night Thrasher can equip a Utility Equipment Glyph even if there are other Utility Equipment Glyphs on this card, up to a maximum of 2. Night Thrasher cannot lose these glyphs by receiving wounds unless he is destroyed.

BATTLE STAVES SPECIAL ATTACK
Range 1. Attack 2.
Choose up to two figures to attack. Roll 2 attack dice once for all affected figures. Each figure rolls defense dice separately, and rolls one fewer defense die for each skull rolled. After attacking with Battle Staves, Night Thrasher may attack with this special attack one additional time.
Old August 8th, 2020, 10:12 PM
C3G Landlord

Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth

You can keep them in one thread until it's time to do testing, then you spin out the glyph to it's own thread where play tests can be posted and linked for it.
Old August 8th, 2020, 10:17 PM
Just A Head

MrNobody is a penguin with a machine gun MrNobody is a penguin with a machine gun MrNobody is a penguin with a machine gun MrNobody is a penguin with a machine gun MrNobody is a penguin with a machine gun MrNobody is a penguin with a machine gun MrNobody is a penguin with a machine gun MrNobody is a penguin with a machine gun MrNobody is a penguin with a machine gun MrNobody is a penguin with a machine gun MrNobody is a penguin with a machine gun MrNobody is a penguin with a machine gun

I'm pretty sure nobody (Not even I, Nobody) has a problem with you running the Skateboard! And yeah, what YK said about the Glyph.
Old August 8th, 2020, 10:29 PM
Tickle Pickle

tcglkn is a man of the cloth tcglkn is a man of the cloth tcglkn is a man of the cloth tcglkn is a man of the cloth tcglkn is a man of the cloth tcglkn is a man of the cloth tcglkn is a man of the cloth tcglkn is a man of the cloth tcglkn is a man of the cloth tcglkn is a man of the cloth tcglkn is a man of the cloth tcglkn is a man of the cloth tcglkn is a man of the cloth tcglkn is a man of the cloth tcglkn is a man of the cloth

Yep Skateboard is fine, it was the bullet proof vest stacking with other defensive powers and Smoke Pellets that we weren’t a fan of.
Old August 8th, 2020, 11:38 PM
Forum Moderator

Sweet!! Thanks guys. I'll post the thread tomorrow night. Some time after 8pm, I should be in TX by then.
Old August 18th, 2020, 10:13 AM
Forum Moderator

Quote:
NAME = SUPER SOLDIER
SECRET IDENTITY = CLARK KENT

SPECIES = HUMAN
UNIQUENESS = UNIQUE HERO
CLASS = SOLDIER
PERSONALITY = PATRIOTIC

SIZE/HEIGHT = MEDIUM 5

LIFE = 7

MOVE = 8
RANGE = 1
ATTACK = 7
DEFENSE = 6

POINTS = 450?

HEAT VISION SPECIAL ATTACK
Range 4. Attack 2 + Special.
Choose a figure to attack and roll 2 attack dice, or 3 attack dice if the chosen figure is an Android or Destructible Object. For each skull rolled, roll one additional attack die. Continue rolling an additional attack die for each additional skull rolled until no skulls are rolled. The defending figure rolls defense normally.

MAN OF WAR
When rolling attack dice for a normal attack, all blanks rolled count as extra skulls.

VIBRANIUM ALLOY SHIELD
When defending against an attack, Super Soldier always adds one automatic shield to whatever is rolled.

FLYING
SUPER STRENGTH
CHECK THIS OUT TOO!!

Last edited by Dr. Jekyll; October 6th, 2020 at 07:44 PM. Reason: dropping defense
Old August 18th, 2020, 11:54 AM
Just A Head

Looks simple and solid. 7 Defense with the auto-shield is going to be really hard to get through, but not unbeatable.

Go Back   Heroscapers > Marvel Legends HeroScape > Comic Hero Custom Creations > C3G SuperScape > C3G Legacy