Heroscapers
Go Back   Heroscapers > Marvel Legends HeroScape > Comic Hero Custom Creations > C3G SuperScape > C3G Legacy
C3G Legacy Archive of all the original discussions and workshops from the first stage of C3G.

Old July 17th, 2020, 01:14 AM

nyphot rolls all skulls baby! nyphot rolls all skulls baby! nyphot rolls all skulls baby! nyphot rolls all skulls baby!
Special Move Title Inconsistency

Hi everyone!

Thank you for the great work you do on the C3G customs! I don't play with many of them (yet) but I love that there are so many to choose from.

I couldn't find this question answered anywhere (though admittedly I didn't look that hard, so apologies if already answered) and I wasn't sure exactly where to ask, so hopefully this is the right place!

I was browsing through the cards and I noticed a frequent inconsistency between them on "special moves"... sometimes they are titled with the "range" of their special move and sometimes with the "height."

For example:

Spider-Man (Miles Morales): Swing Line 4. Move of 4, Height of 40.
Iceman: Ice Slide 4. Move of 4, Height of 20.

Black Panther: Stealth Leap 12. Move of 3, Height of 12.
Squirrel Girl: Squirrelly Leap 12. Move of 2, Height of 12.

Thanks for the clarification!

I need you to be awesome. Can you be awesome?

Thanks to AmishBurrito for a promo code and Gulp for sending wound markers!
Old July 17th, 2020, 11:48 AM
Just A Head

MrNobody is a penguin with a machine gun MrNobody is a penguin with a machine gun MrNobody is a penguin with a machine gun MrNobody is a penguin with a machine gun MrNobody is a penguin with a machine gun MrNobody is a penguin with a machine gun MrNobody is a penguin with a machine gun MrNobody is a penguin with a machine gun MrNobody is a penguin with a machine gun MrNobody is a penguin with a machine gun MrNobody is a penguin with a machine gun MrNobody is a penguin with a machine gun
Re: Special Move Title Inconsistency

Pretty sure most of it is just following Hasbro precedent. Hasbro Spider-Man had Swing Line 4, while I believe it was the Classic Monks who had Stealth Leap?
Old July 17th, 2020, 07:06 PM
Symbiotic

Ronin is hot lava death! Ronin is hot lava death! Ronin is hot lava death! Ronin is hot lava death! Ronin is hot lava death! Ronin is hot lava death! Ronin is hot lava death! Ronin is hot lava death! Ronin is hot lava death! Ronin is hot lava death! Ronin is hot lava death! Ronin is hot lava death! Ronin is hot lava death! Ronin is hot lava death!

Yeah, that aesthetic on the leap powers having a height number (while most others get a move number) is based on trying to follow precedents from Hasbro. We might not do it that way again if we started fresh today, but a lot of our architecture is inherited.
Old July 17th, 2020, 08:13 PM
Captain Underpants

Matt Helm is a penguin with a machine gun Matt Helm is a penguin with a machine gun Matt Helm is a penguin with a machine gun Matt Helm is a penguin with a machine gun Matt Helm is a penguin with a machine gun Matt Helm is a penguin with a machine gun Matt Helm is a penguin with a machine gun Matt Helm is a penguin with a machine gun Matt Helm is a penguin with a machine gun Matt Helm is a penguin with a machine gun Matt Helm is a penguin with a machine gun Matt Helm is a penguin with a machine gun

I think that even hasbro’s rationale can probably be figured out. The numbers in the power title are for ease in reference so that, when you know how the mechanic works, you don’t have to reread the card. You just peek at the number.

So which number do you display? Well, probably the one that gets needed the most.

On swing line the power might as well be flying yet the distance is shorter than the normal move. Meanwhile the height is ridiculous so it won’t need to be referenced often. Therefore, the length is the number to display.

On leap, you have varying heights depending on the character. And because of castle walls, the height of 12 is pretty significant. Therefore height became more important to distinguish than length.

Ultimately you ask yourself, will the exact power be used on a different card with a different length or a different height? Whichever one has a better chance of having variations should probably end up in the power.
Old July 17th, 2020, 09:22 PM
Best There Is! - C3G Con 2020 Champ

IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer

A few of us are working hard to make that Swing Line height number a lot more relevant.

C3G can be played with official Heroscape, but it's not recommended.

DISCLAIMER: C3G claims no ownership of the characters or artwork used for C3G customs. All rights for the characters belong to their respective publishers/creators. C3G cards are not intended for sale, and C3G does not authorize any party to profit from C3G cards.

Old July 17th, 2020, 10:55 PM
Captain Underpants

Matt Helm is a penguin with a machine gun Matt Helm is a penguin with a machine gun Matt Helm is a penguin with a machine gun Matt Helm is a penguin with a machine gun Matt Helm is a penguin with a machine gun Matt Helm is a penguin with a machine gun Matt Helm is a penguin with a machine gun Matt Helm is a penguin with a machine gun Matt Helm is a penguin with a machine gun Matt Helm is a penguin with a machine gun Matt Helm is a penguin with a machine gun Matt Helm is a penguin with a machine gun

Bust that ceiling, Bats.
Old July 17th, 2020, 10:59 PM
Fan Fiction Prompt Master

Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth

Raise the roof.
Old July 18th, 2020, 10:56 AM
Captain Underpants

Sky’s the limit.
Old July 23rd, 2020, 10:39 PM

nyphot rolls all skulls baby! nyphot rolls all skulls baby! nyphot rolls all skulls baby! nyphot rolls all skulls baby!

Thanks for the quick replies! I thought I had subscribed to replies, but apparently I didn't, and didn't get back to the site until now. That makes sense and I appreciate the insight, though I wish Hasbro might have simply listed both numbers in the title, or something like that.

I need you to be awesome. Can you be awesome?

Thanks to AmishBurrito for a promo code and Gulp for sending wound markers!

Go Back   Heroscapers > Marvel Legends HeroScape > Comic Hero Custom Creations > C3G SuperScape > C3G Legacy