Heroscapers
Go Back   Heroscapers > Off-Topic > Other Games > Other Board Games
Other Board Games Board games that are not Heroscape.

Old June 26th, 2015, 08:31 AM

chas is a man of the cloth chas is a man of the cloth chas is a man of the cloth chas is a man of the cloth chas is a man of the cloth chas is a man of the cloth chas is a man of the cloth chas is a man of the cloth chas is a man of the cloth chas is a man of the cloth chas is a man of the cloth chas is a man of the cloth chas is a man of the cloth chas is a man of the cloth chas is a man of the cloth
Re: Kickstarter: What game(s) are you currently Kickstarting

Unfortunately, few of my current playing pals buy as many board games as I do. So games like The Great War which are in my 'wish I could play someone else's copy' category don't get checked out much for me these days.

I do have a pal who got Battle Lore 2.0 which I vowed not to buy, so maybe I'll get to check that out soon...
Old June 26th, 2015, 08:50 AM
Prickly Cactus

Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth

Actually, 2 others in my game group are also getting The Great War. So while I could have just gone with playing their copies, I wanted to get it because I don't have any of other Command and Colors systems and I wanted to get in on the ground floor with one. Several of my buddies have Memoir '44 and a couple of them have C&C Ancients and one of them has Battle Lore and Napoleonics (thought that guy has every C&C thing made), and I have played their copies of Memoir and Napoleonics.

We have dozens of people in our game group, so it never hurts to have multiple copies of games. In fact, there are at least 2 and maybe 4 of us getting Mare Nostrum Empires.

I haven't played Ancients, Battle Cry or Battle Lore yet, though I definitely would like to, so I'll have to bug one of my buddies to teach me those sometime.

Hand of fate is moving and the finger points to you
...Iron Maiden - The Wicker Man

TUTORIAL FOR RE-BASING FIGURES

3hrs 43mins 32secs = 1242nd of 8808 overall - 1988 Honolulu Marathon
Old June 26th, 2015, 09:21 AM

chas is a man of the cloth chas is a man of the cloth chas is a man of the cloth chas is a man of the cloth chas is a man of the cloth chas is a man of the cloth chas is a man of the cloth chas is a man of the cloth chas is a man of the cloth chas is a man of the cloth chas is a man of the cloth chas is a man of the cloth chas is a man of the cloth chas is a man of the cloth chas is a man of the cloth

When you're playing Memoir 44, don't forget to check out the Overlord and Breakthrough formats, if you've haven't already. And Memoir 44 D-Day Landings. And I want to get tgo the four new VE Day (1945) scenarios now up on the Days of Wonder site soon, one of which is Overlord.

The guy who's run the full DDL is now running my favorite Overlord game in
September: Operation Market Garden. Its possible to recreate it with a printout map and hex terrain tiles, but luckily he knows someone who has all the original maps...

C&C Napoleonics is about to be revolutionized by the upcoming Leadership and Grand Bataille formats. Its my main C&C focus right now.
Old June 26th, 2015, 12:06 PM
Prickly Cactus

Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth

I've played Overlord a couple times but haven't tried Breakthrough or D-Day Landings yet, but hope to sometime. It's often a matter of lots of people with lots of games and wanting to try many of them, so an Overlord or D-Day Landings will take some planning and commitment by all involved. Market Garden sounds cool.

I'm sure my buddy Brian (Colts Fan 76 on BGG) will be getting whatever new stuff comes out for Napleonics. So hopefully I'll get to see first hand those new additions sometime.

Old June 26th, 2015, 12:11 PM

For anyone interested, the new C&C Napoleonics Leadership Expansion rules and other contents are now up on the fansite, www.ccnapoleonics.net. I've given my first take on bgg on the Leadership Expansion 5 Forum.
Old June 26th, 2015, 04:07 PM
Site Admin

netherspirit is a wielder of the Ban Hammer netherspirit is a wielder of the Ban Hammer netherspirit is a wielder of the Ban Hammer netherspirit is a wielder of the Ban Hammer netherspirit is a wielder of the Ban Hammer netherspirit is a wielder of the Ban Hammer netherspirit is a wielder of the Ban Hammer netherspirit is a wielder of the Ban Hammer netherspirit is a wielder of the Ban Hammer netherspirit is a wielder of the Ban Hammer netherspirit is a wielder of the Ban Hammer netherspirit is a wielder of the Ban Hammer netherspirit is a wielder of the Ban Hammer netherspirit is a wielder of the Ban Hammer netherspirit is a wielder of the Ban Hammer

I was just going through my history and I'm backing and have backed way too many games.
Old June 26th, 2015, 04:14 PM
Dad_Scaper Dad_Scaper is offline. Isn't that smurfy?
Enjoy the Sausage

Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth

Are you in on Epic? Do I remember correctly that you used to play MtG? So Epic might be on your list. I'm looking forward to it.

The designs of the Age of Annihilation, and their ACES compatibility with VC
C3V "Easily the best quality classic customs I have ever seen."
= =
Old June 26th, 2015, 04:19 PM
Site Admin

netherspirit is a wielder of the Ban Hammer netherspirit is a wielder of the Ban Hammer netherspirit is a wielder of the Ban Hammer netherspirit is a wielder of the Ban Hammer netherspirit is a wielder of the Ban Hammer netherspirit is a wielder of the Ban Hammer netherspirit is a wielder of the Ban Hammer netherspirit is a wielder of the Ban Hammer netherspirit is a wielder of the Ban Hammer netherspirit is a wielder of the Ban Hammer netherspirit is a wielder of the Ban Hammer netherspirit is a wielder of the Ban Hammer netherspirit is a wielder of the Ban Hammer netherspirit is a wielder of the Ban Hammer netherspirit is a wielder of the Ban Hammer

I'm on the fence with that one. Not that I don't think I'd really like it, but my wife isn't in to those types of games, so my options to actually play it are limited.

I have it starred so I've got a few days to figure it out.
Old June 26th, 2015, 05:23 PM
Prickly Cactus

Wow...look who's here! Long time no see netherspirit. Though perhaps you've been around for a while and just in different threads

Old June 26th, 2015, 06:56 PM
Site Admin & Professional SideBoarder

Aldin is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Aldin is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Aldin is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Aldin is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Aldin is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Aldin is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Aldin is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Aldin is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Aldin is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Aldin is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Aldin is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Aldin is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Aldin is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Aldin is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Aldin is a wielder of the Ban Hammer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hahma View Post
Wow...look who's here! Long time no see netherspirit. Though perhaps you've been around for a while and just in different threads
@netherspirit is almost like a ghost!

~Aldin, wondering if he's been on since the @ thing previous to this

He either fears his fate too much
or his desserts are small
That dares not put it to the touch
to gain or lose it all
~James Graham
Old June 26th, 2015, 07:32 PM
Prickly Cactus

Yes, very ghost-like indeed.

Old June 26th, 2015, 07:50 PM
Site Admin

I've been lurking occasionally. Should be around more now.

Go Back   Heroscapers > Off-Topic > Other Games > Other Board Games