Heroscapers
Go Back   Heroscapers > Custom HeroScape Creations > Other Customization & HS Additions
Other Customization & HS Additions Everything from new ways to play to modded figures

Old October 6th, 2006, 11:35 PM

loseaturn has disabled reputation
Saberhagen's Song of Swords

Well needless to say I love Fred Saberhagen's Sword books. I thought it would be a fun way to play with glyphs. I haven't tried them yet but here goes.

"Sword" glyph rules:

The wielder's sculpt must allow for the wielder to wield the Sword. So units like Mimring or the Deathreavers or Marrden hounds can only carry the Swords but not wield them or use their powers. When a figure lands on a Sword place the sword glyph on that unit's card and activate any powers. If that unit is destroyed place the Sword glyph in the hex where the unit was last.

Here are my glyphs:

Of course you wouldn't want all the swords in one game. But maybe one or two scattered about. Can do several battles to see who can gather the most maybe
Old October 6th, 2006, 11:43 PM

Chimpy knows what's in an order marker Chimpy knows what's in an order marker
GLYPH OVERLOAD! GLYPH OVERLOAD!

Would you consider a gladitron able a hold a sword glyph?

"Clay lies still, but blood's a rover; / Breath's a ware that will not keep.
Up, lad: when the journey's over / There'll be time enough to sleep!"
~"Reveille", A.E. Housman
Old October 7th, 2006, 12:44 AM
Site Admin & Master Custom Creator

LilNewbie is a wielder of the Ban Hammer LilNewbie is a wielder of the Ban Hammer LilNewbie is a wielder of the Ban Hammer LilNewbie is a wielder of the Ban Hammer LilNewbie is a wielder of the Ban Hammer LilNewbie is a wielder of the Ban Hammer LilNewbie is a wielder of the Ban Hammer LilNewbie is a wielder of the Ban Hammer LilNewbie is a wielder of the Ban Hammer LilNewbie is a wielder of the Ban Hammer LilNewbie is a wielder of the Ban Hammer LilNewbie is a wielder of the Ban Hammer LilNewbie is a wielder of the Ban Hammer LilNewbie is a wielder of the Ban Hammer LilNewbie is a wielder of the Ban Hammer
Nice use of glyphs to represent the swords. I also enjoyed those books! My favorite was Stonecutter's book since it felt sort of like a fantasy Sherlock Holmes story.

The best scene in all the books, imo, was when the main antagonist escaped capture by an ingenious use of Woundhealer and jumping off a cliff.

Newb.
Old October 7th, 2006, 08:10 AM

loseaturn has disabled reputation
i would allow it Chimpy. since they hold those carrot swords already. Of course these are more just fun glyphs and are at the groups discretion since some of the powers are based on sculpts. And i messed up on them... Shieldbreaker, Townsaver and Dragonslicer should all be against adjacent units only. Syvarris shouldn't be able to pick up Dragonslicer and then shoot Mimring. Of course also you could get into heavy RP and game mechanic territory too, since some Swords in the Books cancelled the other Swords. Shieldbreaker can't destroy Coinspinner. Shieldbreaker and Sightblinder gave immunity to the Mindsword, etc. hehe. They are just I guess fun RP glyphs meant as a tribute to a great author.
Old October 8th, 2006, 01:26 AM
Which Team Am I On?...

Tiberius has disabled reputation
Pretty powerful, as they should be expecially soulcutter. Anyhow, I am a huge fan of hte books and have the whole series. I thought they were fantastic up until they ended the series, which I got pretty dissappointed with how that all went down. I felt he just threw the last book together after setting all this background up. It went from my suspension of disbeleif to over board.

Tiberius is Rogue...
aboard STARSHIP THETA...

Go Back   Heroscapers > Custom HeroScape Creations > Other Customization & HS Additions