Heroscapers
Go Back   Heroscapers > Off-Topic > Other Games > Other Board Games
Other Board Games Board games that are not Heroscape.

Old July 13th, 2011, 05:23 PM

Omahavice is surprisingly tart
Re: What Board Game Are You Currently Playing?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hahma View Post
Well I just put my order in for Defenders of the Realm and Battleship Galaxies. Can't wait!
Awhile back I played a two player game of Defenders of the Realm with Raider30 and really enjoyed it. We really had to work together and talk about our strategy to pull out a win. I own both Pandemic and Forbidden Island and although my family likes those games and they are fun, I enjoyed Defenders of the Realm better than both of them. I think you can look forward to some fun gaming with your nephew and daughters.

Can I come visit you when you get Battleship Galaxies? That really looks like it will be a fun game, flying around blowing up the other guys space ships! Those minature ships look AWESOME. Let us know how you like it.

Today I got in a few games of Thunderstoneragonspire and Ascension. I am really enjoying both of these games. Off to try my luck on a solo adventure of quest 3 on Lord of the Rings The Card Game. Wish me lots of luck, I will NEED it!

Tournament Record
Good Trades List

DaBoyzRule 5 Time Super Bowl Champions Working on Number 6
Old July 13th, 2011, 05:44 PM
Prickly Cactus

Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth

Quote:
Originally Posted by Omahavice View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hahma View Post
Well I just put my order in for Defenders of the Realm and Battleship Galaxies. Can't wait!
Awhile back I played a two player game of Defenders of the Realm with Raider30 and really enjoyed it. We really had to work together and talk about our strategy to pull out a win. I own both Pandemic and Forbidden Island and although my family likes those games and they are fun, I enjoyed Defenders of the Realm better than both of them. I think you can look forward to some fun gaming with your nephew and daughters.

Can I come visit you when you get Battleship Galaxies? That really looks like it will be a fun game, flying around blowing up the other guys space ships! Those minature ships look AWESOME. Let us know how you like it.

Today I got in a few games of Thunderstoneragonspire and Ascension. I am really enjoying both of these games. Off to try my luck on a solo adventure of quest 3 on Lord of the Rings The Card Game. Wish me lots of luck, I will NEED it!
Good to hear another good comment about Defenders of the Realm, makes me feel better about spending the $$

Sure, come on up for some Battleship Galaxies. I'm kind of excited about the minis and the gameplay from what I've read. I'll let you know how it goes.

I wish you the very best of luck for quest 3 for LOTR. I haven't played it for a little while as I kind of played the heck out of it early on and wanted a break from it to play some other stuff. But I may try to bust it out this weekend perhaps for a go.

Sunday I'm going to participate in a 15mm Napoleonic miniatures war game with some guys in the gaming group. One of the guys has a huge table at his house with all the terrain and whatnot and asked us if we wanted to try the Napoleonics out. I used to play 15mm American Civil War miniatures war games when I was a teenager back in the 80's, so this should be cool to try again even if it's a different era.

Hand of fate is moving and the finger points to you
...Iron Maiden - The Wicker Man

TUTORIAL FOR RE-BASING FIGURES

3hrs 43mins 32secs = 1242nd of 8808 overall - 1988 Honolulu Marathon
Old July 14th, 2011, 07:07 AM
Dr Feelgood

jschild is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla jschild is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla jschild is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla jschild is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla jschild is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla jschild is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla jschild is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla jschild is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla jschild is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla jschild is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla

Great gaming night at the household. Had ironman and Brownsfan82 over to game with the family.

We started off with a 5 player Small World, which I believe Brownsfan82 won, though ironman did very well for a first game.

We then followed up with a 5 player 7 Wonders, which either Alisa or Brownsfan82 also won. After that Josh dropped out and we played 2 more games of it. Starting to get really frustrated with the Mayfair sleeves I bought for the game as the cards are sticking really bad to each other. Might need to buy some talcum powder to give the cards something to absorb some moisture and slide a little bit easier.

After that we finished up with 2 games of Dominion, both of which I won, though Brownsfan82 caused my wife no end of misery with his Tribute cards which constantly made her discard her golds and probably allowed me to win the game. It was a blast and can't wait to do it again!

Now through May 28th, the Louisville region is in desperate need of platelets - call the Red Cross if you are interested in donating!
Old July 14th, 2011, 09:47 AM

B:T:L Matt knows what's in an order marker B:T:L Matt knows what's in an order marker

Quote:
Originally Posted by jschild View Post
Starting to get really frustrated with the Mayfair sleeves I bought for the game as the cards are sticking really bad to each other. Might need to buy some talcum powder to give the cards something to absorb some moisture and slide a little bit easier.
I've never seen this before... Are you using the premium sleeves? I use the standard sleeves for my card games and if anything, I can't keep the decks from sliding into a lean.

It takes a revolution to begin evolution...
www.myspace.com/theautimis - Check out the Heroscape inspired song, "Valhalla's On Fire" at this link!!! (lyrics included)
Old July 14th, 2011, 10:10 AM
Dr Feelgood

jschild is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla jschild is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla jschild is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla jschild is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla jschild is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla jschild is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla jschild is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla jschild is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla jschild is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla jschild is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla

Quote:
Originally Posted by B:T:L Matt View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by jschild View Post
Starting to get really frustrated with the Mayfair sleeves I bought for the game as the cards are sticking really bad to each other. Might need to buy some talcum powder to give the cards something to absorb some moisture and slide a little bit easier.
I've never seen this before... Are you using the premium sleeves? I use the standard sleeves for my card games and if anything, I can't keep the decks from sliding into a lean.
It was the standard sleeves for 7 Wonders, it was a major hassle dealing with them last night.

Now through May 28th, the Louisville region is in desperate need of platelets - call the Red Cross if you are interested in donating!
Old July 14th, 2011, 10:51 AM

Jormi_Boced wears ripped pants of awesomeness Jormi_Boced wears ripped pants of awesomeness Jormi_Boced wears ripped pants of awesomeness Jormi_Boced wears ripped pants of awesomeness Jormi_Boced wears ripped pants of awesomeness Jormi_Boced wears ripped pants of awesomeness Jormi_Boced wears ripped pants of awesomeness

Played a bit of Summoner Wars last night.
Old July 15th, 2011, 11:51 PM
Chewer of Cats

akden wears ripped pants of awesomeness akden wears ripped pants of awesomeness akden wears ripped pants of awesomeness akden wears ripped pants of awesomeness akden wears ripped pants of awesomeness akden wears ripped pants of awesomeness akden wears ripped pants of awesomeness

Played three games of Space Hulk yesterday and today. I have to say it was well worth the price. Very intense from the opening turns. I can feel my heart rate speed up as the space marines start firing down corridors at the genestealers. The entire time I'm hoping for just one more lucky roll without my bolter jamming and my marine being ripped to pieces. My son completely obliterated me in 20 minutes today and then managed to hold out for over an hour in the same scenario with me as the genestealers. Definitely one of our favorite games.

Also, I received a complete set of custom Summoner Wars dice today, so we'll be breaking those in this week-end.
Old July 16th, 2011, 12:10 AM

Rodriquez has disabled reputation

Defenders is well worth it, esp if ye like co ops.
though I will admit we've never won it yet, but its fun.

Played a game of powerboats...light game, but was fun corny dicefest.

than up came powergrid,
fun game as always. 2 player, we ended up in a semi stalemate, than ending the game rather quickly, with both of us going from 7-9 cites to over 21 but only able to power 13 and 14 each.

cheers
Rod

good trades:Caravaggio, Gabbi, Drfeelgood,aljovin,vydar,rrhino,boom, Pallindromemaster, spidysox, Eckels, wytefang, Rym, Armegeddon, Fatboy Chubby, Forgehammer, Grison
Old July 16th, 2011, 12:37 AM

Su-Bak-Na knows what's in an order marker Su-Bak-Na knows what's in an order marker

Curently only Heroscape for me. I stopped playing for a few years and I've come back and figured out I've never loved playing it more.

Back when I first started I was 12, now I am nearly 18 and strategy comes into play much more than it once did. I'm just glad that I was smart enough to get multiple commons even when I was young. :P

I actually have more friends interested in it now than I did when I was young. Go figure.

Never negotiate the truth. - Serj Tankian

Trade List: Please contact with offers. http://www.heroscapers.com/community...ostcount=10010
Old July 16th, 2011, 01:00 AM

Elginb has disabled reputation

Chess! Lots and lots of glorious Chess! And I'm loving it! The internet is a wonderful thing. If only we could get a good on-line Heroscape game working, though I'm still getting plenty of that in, too...
Old July 16th, 2011, 01:57 AM
Don't Need Range in the Knight-time & Gencon Main Event Champion - 2018

Matthias Maccabeus is hot lava death! Matthias Maccabeus is hot lava death! Matthias Maccabeus is hot lava death! Matthias Maccabeus is hot lava death! Matthias Maccabeus is hot lava death! Matthias Maccabeus is hot lava death! Matthias Maccabeus is hot lava death! Matthias Maccabeus is hot lava death! Matthias Maccabeus is hot lava death! Matthias Maccabeus is hot lava death! Matthias Maccabeus is hot lava death! Matthias Maccabeus is hot lava death! Matthias Maccabeus is hot lava death! Matthias Maccabeus is hot lava death!

Gaming with Raider30 today.

HeroScape x 2 - I actually beat redcoats...

Dragon Dice - My Toll / Dragonne army took a hit early from Mammoth Riders with Burning Hands, but my gold medallion and Regenerate power from my trolls slowly brought me back in it.

Ascension - We played with the new set (Revenge of the Fallen?). The art is a tad better.

Yggdrasil - We pretty much got smoked.

DotR - We won pretty easily. I was the Wizard and Raider30 was the Sorcerer.

Omen came today (finally). I'll hopefully get it to the table this weekend.

Dragon Dice - (the 2nd best game there is) Learn to Play!
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1h3q6...wujcr8vVf8e21G
Old July 16th, 2011, 06:42 AM
Prickly Cactus

Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rodriquez View Post
Defenders is well worth it, esp if ye like co ops.
though I will admit we've never won it yet, but its fun.

Played a game of powerboats...light game, but was fun corny dicefest.

than up came powergrid,
fun game as always. 2 player, we ended up in a semi stalemate, than ending the game rather quickly, with both of us going from 7-9 cites to over 21 but only able to power 13 and 14 each.

cheers
Rod
I've played Power Grid only one time and it was with 5 people. I never thought I'd like a game like that, but after playing, I was like "Wow! That's such a great game." Fortunately there are people in my gaming group that have so many different games that I wouldn't normally think about buying. I get to try different things and it's cool to try something outside of my "norm" or comfort zone, and then find out that I really like it.

Hand of fate is moving and the finger points to you
...Iron Maiden - The Wicker Man

TUTORIAL FOR RE-BASING FIGURES

3hrs 43mins 32secs = 1242nd of 8808 overall - 1988 Honolulu Marathon

Go Back   Heroscapers > Off-Topic > Other Games > Other Board Games