Heroscapers
Go Back   Heroscapers > HeroScapers Community > Battle Reports
Battle Reports Reports of your Heroscape Battles

Old October 19th, 2008, 12:18 AM

wk4c knows what's in an order marker wk4c knows what's in an order marker
Gladiator Arena Report

The event:
A drafting tournament, in which each person selected 400 points worth of heroes. Hosted by Peterparkerh and Spidysox up in Reading. There was only one battle going on at once, and if you win a battle you proceed to the next one. The person with the most winds by the end of the day wins a dandy prize. A great time was had by all, and I feel my first official tournament was a succes!

My army was:
Charos - 210
Sujoah - 395

Game 1 vs Brian B(owvangaurd):
He had drafted a wicked army, consisting of Dund, Sudema, Ne-Gok-Sa, and Theracus. I won initative I beleive, and moved out Sujoah. He stung Dund to death with a wound, then a 12, then a 16, then a 14 first turn! He moved out Theracus carrying Sudema while I put a wound on Ne-Gok-Sa. I think he lost a turn he was going to use for Dund, and I disengaged from Ne-Gok-Sa with Sujoah and put two wounds on Theracus. He then somehow killed Sujoah after I had killed Theracus and Sudema(I forget...I was too excited ). So it was Charos vs Ne-Gok-Sa. Tank vs Tank. I flew up and failed to damage the strategically placed Goksa. He rolled an 18 for Mindshackle, and got a wound on Charos. I attacked and got a wound on Ne-Gok-Sa. He attacks and get's counterstruck for another wound. I attack, fail to wound him. He attacks, fails to wound me, but he rolls another 18...

I attacked, I think got another wound, but I'm not sure. It doesn't matter anyway...he rolled a 20 for mindshackle the next turn anyway!! I...was...so.........argh!!!! I had that game in the bag! Argh! Good game, Brian. He took third in the tourny, so in the end I didn't feel to bad about the loss.

0-1

Game 2 vs Matt B.(Brians Son, taomatt(?))
He brought up Thanos, Guilty McCreech, and Isamu. I won initative and immidiately sent in Sujoah, and inflicted two wounds on Thanos. He returned fire, and put some wounds on Sujoah. I attacked twice again that round with Sujoah and failed to put any wounds on anybody. By the end of that round, Sujoah had 4 wounds. Next round, I put 1/2 on Sujoah, with 3 on Charos. He wins initative and fails to do any damage. I also fail. He then kills Sujoah with Guilty McCreech from Height. I lose a turn, and he advances Isamu towards Charos. I won initative and attacked Isamu, he vanishes. Next turn he attacks Charos with Isamu and get's...counterstruck! I move Charos towards the middle, and Thanos meets me there. By the time I kill the miserable tank Thanos, I have 8 wounds on Charos, most of which have been inflicted by Guilty, and not Thanos. I lose the initative roll and fall into disdain...untill I block both attacks! I power my house towards the cowboy whom has height and figure it's over. Naw, it's never THAT easy. I put one wound on McCreech. He attacks once more...and get's himself....COUNTERSTRUCK!

Haha. An incredible game.

1-1.

Game 3 vs Spidysox:
He put together a menacing army containing Jotun, Venom, and Kyntella. Kyntella is so menacing. I sat there for a few minutes just getting scared out of my pants from Kyntella.

Anyway.

I employ my normal strategy of charging out Sujoah, and this time it fails harshly. I think I inflicted a wound on Jotun before the Giant completely ripped me apart. More disdain. Time for Charos to kick in, and he does. Killing Jotun in a fiercely fought battle between the two, he takes like...4 wounds? Now...for Venom. >_< He takes height and just waits for me to come to him. I do, and he attacks me, putting a wound or two on me. I attack and he vanishes, he comes back and attacks, I attack for 5 skulls! And the little bug vanishes! He attacks once more, and this time get's a helping of counter strike! I attack and put more wounds. He attacks and put's more wounds! I attack and I kill the bug!

My cousins and dad start their normal fist-pumping, but Spidy stays calm and says: "Well, the game isn't over yet." Of course, he's right. I have 7 wounds on Charos, and it's not completely impossible for Kyntella to kill me at this point in time. But, it was not to be, for as I win the initative roll and slaughter a helpless elven princess, he shakes my hand and I become very very happy.

2-1.

Game 4 vs ????:
I remember my opponents face, but not his name. I do remember his army though, and it was one that almost prevented me from drafting the way I did. Stupid fate. Cyprien, Zetacron, Retarius, and Geuri-Oni. Really, Cyprien was the one I was worried about. However, Retarius had killed The Hulk earlier, and although he eventually lost the game to Marcu, that was still impressive. In any case...he charges out Cyprien right into the middle of my two guys, on height. Chilling touches Charos and then attacks, etc. I won't bore you with details. By the time Cyprien was dead all there was left on my side of the board was a 3 or 4-life Sujoah, whom I sent towards Retarius. No wounds on the Gladiator, and he slaughters me with height and 5 attack.

Very good game, in any case. My worst loss all day, and also my longest game. Very worthy of a hearty handshake.

2-2.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
I came in 4th, and picked out the Ninjas/Samurai from the "Prize Table". I had a great time, espescially in some of the four player games we played while we were waiting. I hope to see everyone next month!

Quadraphonic(x2), Hilo-Scaper, SuperflyTNT

1-4/3-1/3-2/3-2
10-9 = 53% Win pct.
Old October 19th, 2008, 10:15 AM

holland227 is surprisingly tart
Re: Gladiator Arena Report

Good reports! Wish I lived close enough to attend a tournament!
Old October 20th, 2008, 04:53 PM
displays Schultzian haplessness

gorthan313 wears ripped pants of awesomeness gorthan313 wears ripped pants of awesomeness gorthan313 wears ripped pants of awesomeness gorthan313 wears ripped pants of awesomeness gorthan313 wears ripped pants of awesomeness gorthan313 wears ripped pants of awesomeness gorthan313 wears ripped pants of awesomeness gorthan313 wears ripped pants of awesomeness

That intro to Game 3 was so funny! +rep for the humorous report!

Your curiosity will be the death of you....
Old October 20th, 2008, 05:13 PM
quoting myself - insanity beckons

nyys is a man of the cloth nyys is a man of the cloth nyys is a man of the cloth nyys is a man of the cloth nyys is a man of the cloth nyys is a man of the cloth nyys is a man of the cloth nyys is a man of the cloth nyys is a man of the cloth nyys is a man of the cloth nyys is a man of the cloth nyys is a man of the cloth nyys is a man of the cloth nyys is a man of the cloth nyys is a man of the cloth

Any pics of the arena battles in action?

-insert signature here-
Old October 20th, 2008, 09:14 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by nyys View Post
Any pics of the arena battles in action?

http://www.heroscapers.com/community...l+arena+Battle

Scroll down to the bottom of the first post and you'll see a picture... The kid in the blue shirt and his hands squeezed akwardly into his jeans? Me. The guy right beside me in the grey-ish sweater is my cousin(who went 1-1, and beat Mad Wookie in the match that knocked him out of the title! He played Captian America/Major Q9), and the hand you see that's going "Yeaah!" is my father. He eventually lost the game, and went 0-2 for the tourny, but he had fun. Most of the reason he didn't win any is because he drafted poorly. Iron Man, Sir Denrick, and Iskra Esenwein were ripped apart from the likes of Sudema, Ne-Gok-Sa, the Hulk, and Marcu. The other reason was that he played both the 3rd place and 2nd place finishers.

My other cousin went 1-2, and drafted Mimring, Wo-Sa-Ga, and...erm..I forget who else. However, he whooped on Mad Wookies previously 5-0 Hulk army. So we had a 4-7 showing, with me having the best record(But in those 4 wins were 2 Hulk beat downs! The Sipling Clan strikes for the first time of many, hopefully ). However, we shall return in January as veterans, and we will be seeking our revenge.

But anyway...that was the only picture I could find. Spidysox and Peterparkerh might have more in their possession, but you'd have to ask them.

1-4/3-1/3-2/3-2
10-9 = 53% Win pct.
Old October 20th, 2008, 09:17 PM
quoting myself - insanity beckons

nyys is a man of the cloth nyys is a man of the cloth nyys is a man of the cloth nyys is a man of the cloth nyys is a man of the cloth nyys is a man of the cloth nyys is a man of the cloth nyys is a man of the cloth nyys is a man of the cloth nyys is a man of the cloth nyys is a man of the cloth nyys is a man of the cloth nyys is a man of the cloth nyys is a man of the cloth nyys is a man of the cloth

That thing is awesome.

-insert signature here-
Old October 20th, 2008, 09:24 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by nyys View Post
That thing is awesome.

Totally!

1-4/3-1/3-2/3-2