Heroscapers
Go Back   Heroscapers > Custom HeroScape Creations > Custom Units & Army Cards
Custom Units & Army Cards Fan-created HS army cards for units, glyphs, and equipment

Old September 15th, 2008, 06:09 PM

FADE has disabled reputation
FADE's Customs

So i was thinking about making my own Agent Skahen, and i realized i had a lot of other uniques i wasn't using. These are my first attempts at what I'm gonna try and make out of them.

And i wanted to see what people thought of them before i went ahead and made them completely with figures and complete cards.

Morin: A ranged unit for Jandar, i was thinking about chopping up Syvarris's bow and putting it on a repainted Finn.

Zettian Beacon: A crazy idea i had for artillery using figures already in the game. Basically the ability I'm trying to have it have is one where you can send out the Beacon, and any Unique Utgar Soulborg you have regardless of where is can make a attack into a area around the beacon as if it where in its natural range.

I have this tiny satellite dish form another toy set and was thinking af putting it on a spare Zettian guard.

More to come after some constructive brainstorming of my inventory.

Me talking to my friend in lecture:
"Grimnak will eat your head" - Me
"What" - Him
"He's a orc who rides a T-Rex"
"WHAT!" - Him

Last edited by FADE; September 15th, 2008 at 11:03 PM.
Old September 15th, 2008, 07:15 PM

Blazemane has disabled reputation
Re: FADE's Customs

Your Zettian beacon sounds cool, but I'm a tad bit confused on hiw wording. Who needs line of sight with him, and does the used Soulborg have range limits?

Veeerrrrrrrrrrry nice Morin. I want him in my army, now! Why?

Stealth Dodge modified to defend against special attacks as well. And yet, with a base of two defense, it isn't an excessive power.

Penetrating shot it half of Mimring's power. It seems fitting.

And the guy is VALIANT. I love valiant cards. My problem with using the 4th Massachusetts, is that there aren't any many ranged Valiant people.

I would definetely consider using him. And 120 points seems fitting. He isn't indestructable.

Look, I'm sorry, but if you don't have the commom sense to be afraid of the Marro Warriors, someone's gonna have to teach you a lesson in humility, and it's probably going to be them who do it.
Old September 15th, 2008, 08:23 PM

okay for Beacon thats something that needs to change. I think it would have been worded better if i had said "into" instead of "within".

My idea for him was to like, go out and allow the often neglected soulborgs to long range bombard the area around him.

"What" - Him
"WHAT!" - Him
Old September 15th, 2008, 09:42 PM

pti8 is surprisingly tart

Quote:
Originally Posted by Blazemane View Post
Your Zettian beacon sounds cool, but I'm a tad bit confused on hiw wording. Who needs line of sight with him, and does the used Soulborg have range limits?

Stealth Dodge modified to defend against special attacks as well. And yet, with a base of two defense, it isn't an excessive power.

And the guy is VALIANT. I love valiant cards. My problem with using the 4th Massachusetts, is that there aren't any many ranged Valiant people.

I would definetely consider using him. And 120 points seems fitting. He isn't indestructable.
Stealth Dodge works against special attacks already.
Old September 15th, 2008, 09:48 PM

wk4c knows what's in an order marker wk4c knows what's in an order marker

Morin should really have 4 defense, otherwise he's going to be cut down rather easily.

Quadraphonic(x2), Hilo-Scaper, SuperflyTNT

1-4/3-1/3-2/3-2
10-9 = 53% Win pct.
Old September 15th, 2008, 10:02 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by pti88888888 View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by Blazemane View Post

Stealth Dodge works against special attacks already.
Oh. Right, my mistake.

Fade, I believe the main source of my confusion is this:

"The target does not line of site nor range on the target, but needs clear line of sight on Zettian Beacon."

Look, I'm sorry, but if you don't have the commom sense to be afraid of the Marro Warriors, someone's gonna have to teach you a lesson in humility, and it's probably going to be them who do it.
Old September 15th, 2008, 10:34 PM

Majai of Dreams is surprisingly tart

I love the concept behind the beacon. I think the deathwalkers need something like that to encourage more use from them.

I think your costs are priced very well. 9 times out of 10 a custom figure is undercosted in my opinion.

Well done!

Make sound effects when you play Heroscape! It is sometimes annoying, but always more fun!
Old September 15th, 2008, 10:39 PM

Alright i changed the wording on the Zettian Beacon, hopefully its clearer now. It kinda easy to type something that you will automatically understand but other wouldn't. Which is why i wanted to post it here so people can tell me whats wrong.

As for Morin i kinda wanted to add a ranged jandar unit with a little bit of a trick. He has stealth dogde with a different name to keep him alive as long as you keep him at range.

Like Syvarris though if you get in close with most things he would fall fast. I also gave him the special power to give him the ability to deal with swarms, but its not designed to keep him alive if you just rush the opponent. Sorta like how Mimrings works.

"What" - Him
"WHAT!" - Him
Old September 16th, 2008, 03:05 AM
Et tu, Jaxet?

Jexik is a man of the cloth Jexik is a man of the cloth Jexik is a man of the cloth Jexik is a man of the cloth Jexik is a man of the cloth Jexik is a man of the cloth Jexik is a man of the cloth Jexik is a man of the cloth Jexik is a man of the cloth Jexik is a man of the cloth Jexik is a man of the cloth Jexik is a man of the cloth Jexik is a man of the cloth Jexik is a man of the cloth Jexik is a man of the cloth

I like both of these ideas, especially the beacon.

One thing you might do with the Zettian Beacon is allow it to work for an entire Utgar Soulborg card (or just say Unique Squad or Hero)... if you want it to work for the Zettian Guards.

Another possible twist would be to increase its defense a bit, but then lower its life to 1 and make it into a Common Hero, and make it so that after you move a beacon, you can attack with someone that has clear sight to any of the beacons.

For the Range Enhancement, it'd probably be a good idea to correct the mistake of the Deathwalker 9000 card, and put in the words 'you control.'

Quote:
Originally Posted by fomox View Post
(I've also played many matches with great, fun people who were using Q9. So using Q9 doesn't make you a tool. But being a tool sure seems to make you use Q9.)
Old September 16th, 2008, 02:44 PM

I read your revision. It makes a lot more sense, and it's really cool.

Good job!

Go Back   Heroscapers > Custom HeroScape Creations > Custom Units & Army Cards