Heroscapers
Go Back   Heroscapers > HeroScapers Community > Events
Events Post your HS event or find an event near you

Old March 6th, 2011, 06:39 PM

Adalwolf the Destroyer Woo who?
Re: Louisville Monthly Tournament - March 5th!

lol, idc, its pretty funny though, unfortunatly my mother would of said worse about me. (seriously)

If there is any time that tries man souls, its when you are being Zerg Rushed.
Old March 7th, 2011, 12:04 AM

Tribunal Power Woo who?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Adalwolf the Destroyer View Post
And we will see Tribunal, we shall see, it kinda sucked that i didn't get to battle you, or someone with greenscales so i could see how well they worked, that and they would be zombie fodder, instead of fighting Deroche and him causing, as he put it, a soul crushing defeat.
Oops, I thought you were someone else! I played a fellow what went by the name of Sawyer (on the High Towers map) who was using zombies, so I thought that was you.

I was running Greenscales and Charos and I did alright. My army didn't have many surprises (although Charos' counter strike did earn a few "oh, oops" kills) but it certainly did have a lot of Greenscales. The zombies weren't very effective because of the way I had them trapped; height advantage + Charos bonus to troops kept my dudes alive in addition to the fact that his zombies couldn't get their 3-on-1 attack bonus because they were on different leves of ground.

Most of it was luck, but I was NOT expecting to win that game.

Anyhow, Necro, I think I've got a good grasp of the game now. It's not as deep as Warhammer or other tabletop games like that, but that's what I like about it-- not a huge learning curve, and the simplicity makes it flow very well.

Is there a date for the next tourney?
Old March 7th, 2011, 12:09 AM
"our design team knows what it's doing"

NecroBlade is a man of the cloth NecroBlade is a man of the cloth NecroBlade is a man of the cloth NecroBlade is a man of the cloth NecroBlade is a man of the cloth NecroBlade is a man of the cloth NecroBlade is a man of the cloth NecroBlade is a man of the cloth NecroBlade is a man of the cloth NecroBlade is a man of the cloth NecroBlade is a man of the cloth NecroBlade is a man of the cloth NecroBlade is a man of the cloth NecroBlade is a man of the cloth NecroBlade is a man of the cloth

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tribunal Power View Post
Anyhow, Necro, I think I've got a good grasp of the game now. It's not as deep as Warhammer or other tabletop games like that, but that's what I like about it-- not a huge learning curve, and the simplicity makes it flow very well.

Is there a date for the next tourney?
That's part of the brilliance of it.

And to answer your question, yes: tournaments will be the first Saturday of each month.

Arena of the Valkyire - Help create Heroscape's next Master Set!
Trade List
C3V Brainstorm
never not funny
Pepperony - 14/09/13
Old March 7th, 2011, 01:14 AM
What A Daseline

Deroche wears ripped pants of awesomeness Deroche wears ripped pants of awesomeness Deroche wears ripped pants of awesomeness Deroche wears ripped pants of awesomeness Deroche wears ripped pants of awesomeness Deroche wears ripped pants of awesomeness Deroche wears ripped pants of awesomeness Deroche wears ripped pants of awesomeness

El Diabolo and I were having a conversation about this today -- the nature of games with complicated rules vs simple, strategic abstracts, like chess or backgammon. Some complicated games are more about following the instructions: the rules are the game and you merely experience them, and your decisions are relatively simple (he mentioned Arkham Horror as an example). Where as in something like chess, the game can be explained in minutes, yet it can often take a lifetime to master; Your decisions are anything but simple and you success or failure hinge entirely on your choices. He likens Heroscape to backgammon, where you can make the right decision every single time and yet on occasion still lose because that's the nature of having to roll dice. I think he's correct, but you need to throw chess into the mix as well: different heroes and squads have their roles to play (pawns, or the queen), as well as the advantage one has if they can successfully control the board.

Chess has withstood the test of time. I'd like to think Heroscape could as well. Anyone have a plastic injection mold factory handy?

Go Back   Heroscapers > HeroScapers Community > Events