Heroscapers
Go Back   Heroscapers > Custom HeroScape Creations > Custom Units & Army Cards > C3V and SoV Customs
C3V and SoV Customs A place for C3V and SoV customs

Notices

Old November 13th, 2010, 04:46 PM
Sally Struthers' other brother

robbdaman is a penguin with a machine gun robbdaman is a penguin with a machine gun robbdaman is a penguin with a machine gun robbdaman is a penguin with a machine gun robbdaman is a penguin with a machine gun robbdaman is a penguin with a machine gun robbdaman is a penguin with a machine gun robbdaman is a penguin with a machine gun robbdaman is a penguin with a machine gun robbdaman is a penguin with a machine gun robbdaman is a penguin with a machine gun robbdaman is a penguin with a machine gun
Re: Soldiers of Valhalla nominations and discussion

You'll have to add Games Workshop to the list Lama. I know they aren't well loved by some but the stuff they put out works great for what we need.

C3V and SoV! Fanscape r0xxorz!!
Old November 15th, 2010, 11:31 AM
Is a Tingly Soldier of Valhalla

Killometer is hot lava death! Killometer is hot lava death! Killometer is hot lava death! Killometer is hot lava death! Killometer is hot lava death! Killometer is hot lava death! Killometer is hot lava death! Killometer is hot lava death! Killometer is hot lava death! Killometer is hot lava death! Killometer is hot lava death! Killometer is hot lava death! Killometer is hot lava death!
Re: Soldiers of Valhalla-ready for nominations!

The Soldiers of Valhalla is ready for nominations.

Just as a reminder, these are the general features that we will be judging on, so keep them in mind for your nominations:
  • Balance-Are the points correct?
  • Playability-Are the powers clear and understandable? Are its master stats appropriate?
  • Creativity-Does it add something new to the game?
  • Theme-Does it fit in the HS universe?
  • Accessibility-Is the sculpt, or sculpts, available, at a reasonable price, and with limited modification? To help with this, it is encouraged that a link to the mini is included with the nomination (check out Lamaclown's list of mini sites for help with that)

130-96-0 (4/13/09-1/14/24)
36-16-0 (10/17/09-12/9/23)
Old November 15th, 2010, 11:54 AM
Silly quozl, dinosaurs are for orcs!

quozl is a wielder of the Ban Hammer quozl is a wielder of the Ban Hammer quozl is a wielder of the Ban Hammer quozl is a wielder of the Ban Hammer quozl is a wielder of the Ban Hammer quozl is a wielder of the Ban Hammer quozl is a wielder of the Ban Hammer quozl is a wielder of the Ban Hammer quozl is a wielder of the Ban Hammer quozl is a wielder of the Ban Hammer quozl is a wielder of the Ban Hammer quozl is a wielder of the Ban Hammer quozl is a wielder of the Ban Hammer quozl is a wielder of the Ban Hammer quozl is a wielder of the Ban Hammer
Re: Soldiers of Valhalla-READY FOR NOMINATIONS!

I nominate Deathwalker 10000 by Krysto2002:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Craig Van Ness View Post
I highly recommend C3V and C3G customs!
Old November 15th, 2010, 11:55 AM
quoting myself - insanity beckons

nyys is a man of the cloth nyys is a man of the cloth nyys is a man of the cloth nyys is a man of the cloth nyys is a man of the cloth nyys is a man of the cloth nyys is a man of the cloth nyys is a man of the cloth nyys is a man of the cloth nyys is a man of the cloth nyys is a man of the cloth nyys is a man of the cloth nyys is a man of the cloth nyys is a man of the cloth nyys is a man of the cloth

Card?
Mini information?

-insert signature here-
Old November 15th, 2010, 12:18 PM

Killometer is hot lava death! Killometer is hot lava death! Killometer is hot lava death! Killometer is hot lava death! Killometer is hot lava death! Killometer is hot lava death! Killometer is hot lava death! Killometer is hot lava death! Killometer is hot lava death! Killometer is hot lava death! Killometer is hot lava death! Killometer is hot lava death! Killometer is hot lava death!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Paronychodon View Post
krysto2002's Deathwalker 10000. Krysto brought up the point that this custom is not based on a real available figure
Unless this has been corrected, I vote NO to review DW10K.

Old November 15th, 2010, 12:49 PM

Therrian rolls all skulls baby! Therrian rolls all skulls baby! Therrian rolls all skulls baby! Therrian rolls all skulls baby! Therrian rolls all skulls baby! Therrian rolls all skulls baby!

I'm not generally the type to nominate my own items, but I think in the case of customs it's going to be hard to get lots of nominations by other folks due to the vast number of threads out there.

Given the above, I am putting forward one of my own customs for nomination. I have playtested these guys a number of times (a couple of which are recorded in my custom thread) and have made a number of tweaks to their original design. I think it's a solid figure, but I would not be surprised at all if you guys felt it needed a tweak or two as I don't have the strategic mind for this game that I know alot of you guys do

As such, I humbly put forward 'The Nightwalker' and his 'Bodaks' for nomination into the Soldiers of Valhalla.

The Nightwalker - D&D Mini - Link To Buy - http://store02.prostores.com/servlet...Detail?no=3406
Alternative Model - http://store02.prostores.com/servlet...Detail?no=5958

Bodak - D&D Mini - Link To Buy - http://store02.prostores.com/servlet...Detail?no=5938

My Customs
Winter Olympics = $6,000,000,000
Gold Medal Hockey Tickets = $2,000
Seeing an American Politician forced to wear a Canadian Jersey = Priceless
Old November 15th, 2010, 12:56 PM

Lamaclown is hot lava death! Lamaclown is hot lava death! Lamaclown is hot lava death! Lamaclown is hot lava death! Lamaclown is hot lava death! Lamaclown is hot lava death! Lamaclown is hot lava death! Lamaclown is hot lava death! Lamaclown is hot lava death! Lamaclown is hot lava death! Lamaclown is hot lava death! Lamaclown is hot lava death! Lamaclown is hot lava death!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Killometer View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by Paronychodon View Post
krysto2002's Deathwalker 10000. Krysto brought up the point that this custom is not based on a real available figure
Unless this has been corrected, I vote NO to review DW10K.
The unavailability of the figure leads me to have to vote NO to review as well for DW10K.
Old November 15th, 2010, 01:12 PM
The Spartans of HS Tourneys

ZBeeblebrox is a man of the cloth ZBeeblebrox is a man of the cloth ZBeeblebrox is a man of the cloth ZBeeblebrox is a man of the cloth ZBeeblebrox is a man of the cloth ZBeeblebrox is a man of the cloth ZBeeblebrox is a man of the cloth ZBeeblebrox is a man of the cloth ZBeeblebrox is a man of the cloth ZBeeblebrox is a man of the cloth ZBeeblebrox is a man of the cloth ZBeeblebrox is a man of the cloth ZBeeblebrox is a man of the cloth ZBeeblebrox is a man of the cloth ZBeeblebrox is a man of the cloth

Deathwalker 10,000
OK it looks like a Thor II from Battletech...but if you try to find that figure in minature form...its almost impossible. I thought I would look up alternatives and offer them, but Mechwarrior miniature are sold out everywhere.

So with this in mind, I am voting No to reveiw

C3V Current Broadcast 4/29/2015
C3V Testimonial from " Easily the best quality classic customs I have ever seen"
MY MINIATURE COLLECTION -- NEW VALHALLA
Old November 15th, 2010, 01:14 PM

I think that every figure that can hit the board needs to have an explicit point cost, so I vote NO to review the Nightwalker and Bodaks.

Edit: With ZB's NO vote for krysto2002's Deathwalker 10000, it has recieved 3 NOs and is removed from the process.

Last edited by Killometer; December 4th, 2010 at 02:15 PM.
Old November 15th, 2010, 01:21 PM

Lamaclown is hot lava death! Lamaclown is hot lava death! Lamaclown is hot lava death! Lamaclown is hot lava death! Lamaclown is hot lava death! Lamaclown is hot lava death! Lamaclown is hot lava death! Lamaclown is hot lava death! Lamaclown is hot lava death! Lamaclown is hot lava death! Lamaclown is hot lava death! Lamaclown is hot lava death! Lamaclown is hot lava death!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Killometer View Post
I think that every figure that can hit the board needs to have an explicit point cost, so I vote NO to review the Nightwalker and Bodaks.
I have to agree; even the Rechets have a point cost. I like the concept but must vote NO to review The Nightwalker and Brodak because of one being a non-costed unit (it is hard to determine the balance of a figure that has no cost, even if its cost is "inherent" in another figure's cost).
Old November 15th, 2010, 01:50 PM

Therrian rolls all skulls baby! Therrian rolls all skulls baby! Therrian rolls all skulls baby! Therrian rolls all skulls baby! Therrian rolls all skulls baby! Therrian rolls all skulls baby!

Thanks for the feedback guys, and I understand what you guys mean.

The one thing I would ask however is try not to look at the Bodak as it's own figure...because it really isn't in the traditional sense.

The Bodak is really a special power of the Nightwalker, and as such, was built directly into the points of The Nightwalker. Having to spend points on the Bodak's wouldn't really work as you never know how many you are going to have and it's largely dependant on the type of battle going on. There may be battles where it makes no sense to create a Bodak due to the tactics being used by your enemy (and the inherent risk in creating them). Regardless, you can never have more then 3, and I never found it to be overpowered. (at least not in my hands, hehe). Those decisions are what I was hoping would make the figure interesting to use as well as balanced.

I 100% understand if this new mechanic will not work for you guys, just wondering if looking at it from a different perspective changes your thoughts at all?

My Customs
Winter Olympics = $6,000,000,000
Gold Medal Hockey Tickets = $2,000
Seeing an American Politician forced to wear a Canadian Jersey = Priceless

Last edited by Therrian; November 15th, 2010 at 01:56 PM.
Old November 15th, 2010, 01:55 PM

Sorry, but no (at least for me). I understood that they are "part" of the Nightwalker, but since they have their own card and their own figure(s), they need their own price, imo. Lamaclown's example of the Rechets is perfect-you have no idea if you'll get to use them, but you have to pay seperately for them anyways.

They're a cool idea, but I'm not ready to break so far away from HS convention yet (Fanscape might take us there eventually, though ).

Go Back   Heroscapers > Custom HeroScape Creations > Custom Units & Army Cards > C3V and SoV Customs