Heroscapers
Go Back   Heroscapers > Official Valhalla HeroScape > HeroScape General Discussion
HeroScape General Discussion General discussions of packaging, terrain, components, etc. If it doesn't fit in any other official category, put it here.

Notices

Old August 24th, 2009, 06:03 PM
Caretaker of the Custom Realm

GreyOwl is a penguin with a machine gun GreyOwl is a penguin with a machine gun GreyOwl is a penguin with a machine gun GreyOwl is a penguin with a machine gun GreyOwl is a penguin with a machine gun GreyOwl is a penguin with a machine gun GreyOwl is a penguin with a machine gun GreyOwl is a penguin with a machine gun GreyOwl is a penguin with a machine gun GreyOwl is a penguin with a machine gun GreyOwl is a penguin with a machine gun GreyOwl is a penguin with a machine gun
Re: A Moderated D&D Heroscape Debate

The problem with doing occassional releases for Marvel would be that it wouldn't generate enough profit to make the licensing fees worthwile.
Old August 24th, 2009, 07:59 PM

Temprit is surprisingly tart

Quote:
Originally Posted by Toad Rocket View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by Grungebob View Post
Which general would Bruce Lee fight for?

Einar
New Idea. I think WOTC need to release an "Enter the Dragon" Master Set, You could have Lee, Han, Roper, Williams, O'Hara, and Bolo. Three "Bad Guys" and three "good guys". I'm not going to lie, I'd buy it...

"Showing off is the fool's idea of glory."
Old August 27th, 2009, 02:32 PM
Web Wader

Fallen Templar is surprisingly tart

I think this whole argument can be solved if we can get a straight answer on the fate of the futuristic units and Kyrie with the evolution of DnD-scape. Has WOTC ruled out Soulborgs and Marro in the 2 upcoming waves of figures or for that matter forever? I don't understand why Wizards can never give detailed explanation on a company decision and the direction of one of their products like Heroscape or SW Mini (the other stepchild albeit better treated) Unless I here otherwise, I don't mind DnD as long as the occasional classic-scape type figure appears (like a kyrie or soulborg)

"The fact is that a man who wants to act virtuously in every way necessarily comes to grief among so many who are not virtuous."- Niccolo Machiavelli

Old August 27th, 2009, 02:54 PM
Wrecker of Wednesdays

clancampbell is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla clancampbell is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla clancampbell is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla clancampbell is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla clancampbell is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla clancampbell is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla clancampbell is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla clancampbell is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla clancampbell is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fallen Templar View Post
I think this whole argument can be solved if we can get a straight answer on the fate of the futuristic units and Kyrie with the evolution of DnD-scape. Has WOTC ruled out Soulborgs and Marro in the 2 upcoming waves of figures or for that matter forever? I don't understand why Wizards can never give detailed explanation on a company decision and the direction of one of their products like Heroscape or SW Mini (the other stepchild albeit better treated) Unless I here otherwise, I don't mind DnD as long as the occasional classic-scape type figure appears (like a kyrie or soulborg)
Exactly, I've said this before, just give us a straight answer.

Not to start a whole other debate, but I think I know why we won't get a straight answer.
1. They don't want to tell us that "classic" is no more for fear of an even futher backlash than we already have, and reduced sales.
2. Their waiting to see if sales are good, so they can keep cramming DnD down our throats.
2a. If sales are bad, they could go back to classic scape (unlikely, but would prove my theory correct)
2b. If sales are bad, scape gets the axe.

I personally belive we will never see any offical "classic scape" again. (Marro, Kyrie, soulborgs)

And don't trot out a warforged and call it a soulborg either.

73 tournaments. 175 - 145 - 1 overall record. 6 tournament wins.
Old August 27th, 2009, 02:56 PM
Best There Is! - C3G Con 2020 Champ

IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer

I think they quite simply haven't decided if they'll be producing classic scape in the future or not. The door's not shut, but I doubt anything specific is in the works either. They're likely waiting to make any future decisions until after the DnD Masterset sales figures come out and they've started pushing the first DnD wave or two.

C3G can be played with official Heroscape, but it's not recommended.

DISCLAIMER: C3G claims no ownership of the characters or artwork used for C3G customs. All rights for the characters belong to their respective publishers/creators. C3G cards are not intended for sale, and C3G does not authorize any party to profit from C3G cards.

Old August 27th, 2009, 03:44 PM

Hogg is a man of the cloth Hogg is a man of the cloth Hogg is a man of the cloth Hogg is a man of the cloth Hogg is a man of the cloth Hogg is a man of the cloth Hogg is a man of the cloth Hogg is a man of the cloth Hogg is a man of the cloth Hogg is a man of the cloth Hogg is a man of the cloth Hogg is a man of the cloth Hogg is a man of the cloth Hogg is a man of the cloth Hogg is a man of the cloth

Quote:
Originally Posted by Temprit View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by Toad Rocket View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by Grungebob View Post
Which general would Bruce Lee fight for?

Einar
New Idea. I think WOTC need to release an "Enter the Dragon" Master Set, You could have Lee, Han, Roper, Williams, O'Hara, and Bolo. Three "Bad Guys" and three "good guys". I'm not going to lie, I'd buy it...
In a heartbeat.
Old August 27th, 2009, 04:05 PM
Caretaker of the Custom Realm

GreyOwl is a penguin with a machine gun GreyOwl is a penguin with a machine gun GreyOwl is a penguin with a machine gun GreyOwl is a penguin with a machine gun GreyOwl is a penguin with a machine gun GreyOwl is a penguin with a machine gun GreyOwl is a penguin with a machine gun GreyOwl is a penguin with a machine gun GreyOwl is a penguin with a machine gun GreyOwl is a penguin with a machine gun GreyOwl is a penguin with a machine gun GreyOwl is a penguin with a machine gun

Quote:
Originally Posted by IAmBatman View Post
I think they quite simply haven't decided if they'll be producing classic scape in the future or not. The door's not shut, but I doubt anything specific is in the works either. They're likely waiting to make any future decisions until after the DnD Masterset sales figures come out and they've started pushing the first DnD wave or two.
I agree. There's really no reason for them to decide right now.
Old August 27th, 2009, 04:49 PM
Snot Yo Mama

Snotwalker 8000 wears ripped pants of awesomeness Snotwalker 8000 wears ripped pants of awesomeness Snotwalker 8000 wears ripped pants of awesomeness Snotwalker 8000 wears ripped pants of awesomeness Snotwalker 8000 wears ripped pants of awesomeness Snotwalker 8000 wears ripped pants of awesomeness Snotwalker 8000 wears ripped pants of awesomeness

1st rule in business: under-promise and over-deliver. They'll want to be careful to not start making promises they might be unable to keep. WotC is understandably tight-lipped in this matter as they're dipping their toes in unchartered water.

However:

1st rule in life: Let the wookie win. Just as it's never wise to upset a wookie, it's also unwise to cause potentially unnecessary angst in your consumer base. In other words, to generate unfettered enthusiasm and positive word-of-mouth for the new D&D Scape, reassure us (if possible) that D&D Scape is a wonderful addition to, and not complete replacement of, Classic Heroscape - The Battle of All Time.

SW8K

"The Democracy will cease to exist when you take away from those who are willing to work and give to those who would not." ~ Thomas Jefferson

Old August 27th, 2009, 05:12 PM
Best There Is! - C3G Con 2020 Champ

IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer

Which is why I think it's not possible for them to reassure us of that at this time. The best they can do is let us know it's still a possibility.

C3G can be played with official Heroscape, but it's not recommended.

DISCLAIMER: C3G claims no ownership of the characters or artwork used for C3G customs. All rights for the characters belong to their respective publishers/creators. C3G cards are not intended for sale, and C3G does not authorize any party to profit from C3G cards.

Old August 27th, 2009, 05:18 PM
Heroscape Architect Extraordinaire

caravaggio is surprisingly tart

Quote:
Originally Posted by IAmBatman View Post

i would bet that this theory is pretty close to reality. nothing's off the table, but there seems to be a clear focus on dungeon-scape for the foreseeable future.
Old August 27th, 2009, 05:32 PM
Prickly Cactus

Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth

The economy is in the crapper and I don't blame WOTC for keeping things close to the vest regarding the future of Heroscape. Like a lot of people these days, I don't know if I'm going to buy this or that, or when I'll finish my basement. I'm not saying that I'm not doing these certain things but I can't say for sure that I am or when. I don't have people waiting with baited breath for my decisions, but a company like WOTC can't promise one way or the other what's going to happen regarding future releases because they may not know themselves. I'm sure if the economy was strong, they could give us a better answer, but they, like many people these days might be making it month to month. They, like many people and businesses are probably just able to tread water through these hard times and not incur any extra expenses that could ruin them or seriously do them harm.

I understand why WOTC can't give answers and I'll just have to wait like everyone else to see if the economy picks up and WOTC can get bring us new Classic Scape stuff.

Hand of fate is moving and the finger points to you
...Iron Maiden - The Wicker Man

TUTORIAL FOR RE-BASING FIGURES

3hrs 43mins 32secs = 1242nd of 8808 overall - 1988 Honolulu Marathon
Old November 29th, 2009, 05:03 PM

Brewster rolls all skulls baby! Brewster rolls all skulls baby! Brewster rolls all skulls baby! Brewster rolls all skulls baby! Brewster rolls all skulls baby! Brewster rolls all skulls baby!

Heroscape classic has to make it as a stand-alone product, and WotC knows it. A DnD crutch isn't going to save it, so I leave it up to them, and I'm holding them accountable for 'Scape's fate. We all know this is a great game, now it's up to WotC to really give it some initiative, or pass along the torch to somebody who's actually got the will to get this game out there.

Heroscape has pushing power, I know that. There are some OLD minis games that I doubt have Heroscape's following, and they've probably been trucking for a good 25 or so years. You know those games, what with the old dudes playing civil war style battles. But never before have I whitnessed such a fanbase as heroscape. Young kids love it, and the passion keeps with age. My nephews all love 'scape to death.

There's no reason Heroscape can't stand alone if it's given enough push. Wotc just needs to treat it like a respectable game and not skimp on it so they can keep pushing DnD and Magic. Nothing's going to kill those. 'Scape is dying, that's where the focus needs to be.

Seriously, even if the profit is not HUGE like DnD or Magic, Wizards should be able to market enough 'Scape to keep the fans happy. There's no need for 'Scape to become a mega-hit when the profits from DnD and Magic are already overwhelming. If Wizards makes ANY profit from 'Scape, even if it is just a buck a pack, that should be incentive to keep at it.

Last edited by Brewster; November 29th, 2009 at 05:18 PM.

Go Back   Heroscapers > Official Valhalla HeroScape > HeroScape General Discussion