Heroscapers
Go Back   Heroscapers > Official Valhalla HeroScape > HeroScape News
HeroScape News Sightings, HeroScape.com updates, official news, etc.

Old August 19th, 2009, 10:50 AM
regurgitation cynic

Eclipse wears ripped pants of awesomeness Eclipse wears ripped pants of awesomeness Eclipse wears ripped pants of awesomeness Eclipse wears ripped pants of awesomeness Eclipse wears ripped pants of awesomeness Eclipse wears ripped pants of awesomeness
Re: Pics of DnD Heroscape

Apologize for the blurry pictures, but a friend of mine gave me one of the new HS units last night from his collection after I recognized it to do some comparisons. Didn't get the time to get the quality camera, but you should still be able to get the idea:

Erevan Sunshadow vs Finn:

Well, so the human appears notably larger here. This makes me a little worried for Tandros, but it's probably not a fair comparison for Erevan. Here's the shot that eased a lot of my fears on the figure.

Erevan Sunshadow vs Chardis:

He doesn't look bad here at all. I should really go back and compare him to some more recent human figures as well, as it might just be a style change in post Wave 6 mold change, but I'll have to do more comparisons and see. I'm pretty happy to see this guy slips in with the elves pretty harmlessly though.

Erevan Sunshadow vs The Elf Wizards:

So, there you go. If anyone has any other figures to compare, I'd love to see how they stack up.
Old August 19th, 2009, 10:53 AM
Adrian Monk

1Mmirg is a man of the cloth 1Mmirg is a man of the cloth 1Mmirg is a man of the cloth 1Mmirg is a man of the cloth 1Mmirg is a man of the cloth 1Mmirg is a man of the cloth 1Mmirg is a man of the cloth 1Mmirg is a man of the cloth 1Mmirg is a man of the cloth 1Mmirg is a man of the cloth 1Mmirg is a man of the cloth 1Mmirg is a man of the cloth 1Mmirg is a man of the cloth 1Mmirg is a man of the cloth 1Mmirg is a man of the cloth

If you haven't already, check out this thread for more side by side comparisons (in the spoilers, near the bottom of the first post). Kepler took some nice shots.
Old August 19th, 2009, 10:54 AM
Caretaker of the Custom Realm

GreyOwl is a penguin with a machine gun GreyOwl is a penguin with a machine gun GreyOwl is a penguin with a machine gun GreyOwl is a penguin with a machine gun GreyOwl is a penguin with a machine gun GreyOwl is a penguin with a machine gun GreyOwl is a penguin with a machine gun GreyOwl is a penguin with a machine gun GreyOwl is a penguin with a machine gun GreyOwl is a penguin with a machine gun GreyOwl is a penguin with a machine gun GreyOwl is a penguin with a machine gun

Can we see a pic of Chardis next to Finn? It seems like there might be a size difference there, too.
Old August 19th, 2009, 10:58 AM
regurgitation cynic

Eclipse wears ripped pants of awesomeness Eclipse wears ripped pants of awesomeness Eclipse wears ripped pants of awesomeness Eclipse wears ripped pants of awesomeness Eclipse wears ripped pants of awesomeness Eclipse wears ripped pants of awesomeness

Quote:
Originally Posted by GreyOwl View Post
Can we see a pic of Chardis next to Finn? It seems like there might be a size difference there, too.
Not right now; I don't have my figures with me, but I could do it later.
Old August 19th, 2009, 10:59 AM
Caster of Crying

Warlord Alpha is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Warlord Alpha is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Warlord Alpha is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Warlord Alpha is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Warlord Alpha is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Warlord Alpha is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Warlord Alpha is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Warlord Alpha is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla

I have my figures next to me and they (that is, Finn and Chardris) are the exact same size.
Old August 19th, 2009, 11:02 AM
regurgitation cynic

Quote:
Originally Posted by 1Mmirg View Post
If you haven't already, check out this thread for more side by side comparisons (in the spoilers, near the bottom of the first post). Kepler took some nice shots.
Checked that thread last night before I took the pictures, didn't think to check it again before I posted. Thanks though, those are great.

I'll have to check on Finn more. He was the first human I saw, but he does appear to be a little larger than average.
Old August 19th, 2009, 11:05 AM

Kepler knows what's in an order marker Kepler knows what's in an order marker Kepler knows what's in an order marker

Quote:
Originally Posted by Eclipse View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by 1Mmirg View Post
Checked that thread last night before I took the pictures, didn't think to check it again before I posted. Thanks though, those are great.

I'll have to check on Finn more. He was the first human I saw, but he does appear to be a little larger than average.
There is already some variation ion sculpt size within HS. I know the NotNW are pretty skinny and I think shorter, but I will have to pull out the camera again when I have a chance.
Old August 19th, 2009, 11:10 AM
Mighty Mouse!

Grungebob is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Grungebob is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Grungebob is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Grungebob is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Grungebob is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Grungebob is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Grungebob is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Grungebob is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Grungebob is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Grungebob is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Grungebob is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Grungebob is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Grungebob is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Grungebob is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Grungebob is a wielder of the Ban Hammer

I'll join in the fun:

“Heroscapers is too old for that crap.”
~IamBatman

"Hahahah! You losers! I told you so!!"
~Clancampbell
Old August 19th, 2009, 11:12 AM

Sokol knows what's in an order marker Sokol knows what's in an order marker

Quote:
Originally Posted by Grungebob View Post
I'll join in the fun:

Nice photo! I don't see any scale problems at all.

One Game to rule them all, One Game to find them,
One Game to bring them all and in their wallets bind them
In the Land of Valhalla where the Valkyrie lie.
Old August 19th, 2009, 11:12 AM
Caretaker of the Custom Realm

GreyOwl is a penguin with a machine gun GreyOwl is a penguin with a machine gun GreyOwl is a penguin with a machine gun GreyOwl is a penguin with a machine gun GreyOwl is a penguin with a machine gun GreyOwl is a penguin with a machine gun GreyOwl is a penguin with a machine gun GreyOwl is a penguin with a machine gun GreyOwl is a penguin with a machine gun GreyOwl is a penguin with a machine gun GreyOwl is a penguin with a machine gun GreyOwl is a penguin with a machine gun

Those last two look almost identical in style and scale to me, especially if you were to put the D&D figure on a HS base.

I think people are forgetting that there are scale differences already in HS.
Old August 19th, 2009, 11:14 AM
Mighty Mouse!

Grungebob is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Grungebob is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Grungebob is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Grungebob is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Grungebob is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Grungebob is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Grungebob is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Grungebob is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Grungebob is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Grungebob is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Grungebob is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Grungebob is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Grungebob is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Grungebob is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Grungebob is a wielder of the Ban Hammer

I was talking to a couple of the Heroscape sculptors at Gencon and they were telling me that they had done some work for D&D minis in the past. There are plenty of connections.

“Heroscapers is too old for that crap.”
~IamBatman

"Hahahah! You losers! I told you so!!"
~Clancampbell
Old August 19th, 2009, 11:14 AM
Sheeple of the Codex of Ultimate Wisdom and Morality

SuperflyTNT is hot lava death! SuperflyTNT is hot lava death! SuperflyTNT is hot lava death! SuperflyTNT is hot lava death! SuperflyTNT is hot lava death! SuperflyTNT is hot lava death! SuperflyTNT is hot lava death! SuperflyTNT is hot lava death! SuperflyTNT is hot lava death! SuperflyTNT is hot lava death! SuperflyTNT is hot lava death! SuperflyTNT is hot lava death! SuperflyTNT is hot lava death!

The real scale issue, IMO, is that the "Black Dragon" is nowhere near the size of the REAL black dragon, Braxas. Dund could kick the new black dragon's ass!

I was famous, once...
http://www.heroscapers.com/community/blog.php?b=1715
Visit my site:
http://www.superflycircus.com
"I'm not cute...I'll mess you up!" ~Jake The Dog

Go Back   Heroscapers > Official Valhalla HeroScape > HeroScape News