Heroscapers
Go Back   Heroscapers > Off-Topic > Other Games > Other Miniatures
Other Miniatures Miniatures games besides Heroscape.

Notices

Old February 11th, 2018, 09:04 PM
A Man of Taste

japes is a wielder of the Ban Hammer japes is a wielder of the Ban Hammer japes is a wielder of the Ban Hammer japes is a wielder of the Ban Hammer japes is a wielder of the Ban Hammer japes is a wielder of the Ban Hammer japes is a wielder of the Ban Hammer japes is a wielder of the Ban Hammer japes is a wielder of the Ban Hammer japes is a wielder of the Ban Hammer japes is a wielder of the Ban Hammer japes is a wielder of the Ban Hammer japes is a wielder of the Ban Hammer japes is a wielder of the Ban Hammer japes is a wielder of the Ban Hammer
Re: Frostgrave, Halo Ground Command and other tabletop minis

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hahma View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by TREX View Post
ARV is a new map building group dedicated to making Heroscape maps that are tournament worthy. We hold contests that people can participate in. We use their maps in our tournaments, test them, give feed back on them and put the most balanced and worthy in our tournament pool. I mainly started helping them because I made their logo in photoshop and have been doing all but one of the contest prizes for the group. I since have lost interest in really playing heroscape but decided I'd throw in one more prize. It turned out beautiful. My wife told me not to give it away. Its an Ullar themed dice tower. I'm actually going to get in a frostgrave game in tonight. Possibly a 3 way game. I'm going to post this tower pics and get setting it up.
That sounds neat Trex. I look forward to seeing it.

Quote:
Originally Posted by japes View Post
Quote:
I do have to come up with a scenario for the game mat that I will choose to demo The Walking Dead on at a convention in a few weeks. I may end up using Emma's Diner and go from there with cars, barricades, scatter etc. Want to make it co-op for 2 players trying it out and keep it manageable so that they can play a full game, but not be overly long, because I want as many people as possible to try it that want to. The convention goes from 8am to 10pm on March 2nd, so it will be a long day. But it's for a great cause, as the proceeds from entry fee and other things are going to help veterans in adjusting to life after they get out of the service. 22 veterans kill themselves every day.

Here's a quote from the convention organizer on the ArctiCon page:

Quote:
This is why we do ArctiCon. Not just for you, our excellent gaming community friends, but also to support those who protects us all. This is what 22 Project is all about. An average of 22 service members suffering from PTSD take their lives daily. Every penny we raise goes to helping then get the support they need to integrate back to life at home afterwards. Thank you for your support!
Also - U.S. Military deaths since 1999 is 5,273, while veteran suicides since 1999 is 128,480!

Yes, that is a ton! So I'm happy to contribute in whatever way to help with this great cause.
I don't mean to derail this thread but I wanted to personally thank you for this. My youngest brother is a Vet of Afghanistan. He was awarded the Bronze Star with Valor for his action that saved several soldiers. My brother was later injured in country and came home to be reunited with the surviving men from his platoon. Of the handful that survived at least two that I know of have committed suicide. My brother tried to do it the slow way with drugs and alcohol. He's now been clean for about six months but I worried many nights that he would follow his "brothers" and I don't know if I'll ever fully stop worrying.
Hey Japes, derail away

First of all, thank your brother for his service for me. I was fortunate enough to be in the service from '85-'89 and stationed in Hawaii for 3 1/2 years, so I know how good I had it compared to these folks that had to go to war.

I can only imagine that the veteran suicide issue has been going on for a lot longer, as there have been plenty of terrible wars and experiences for people to have to endure and then have to come home and try to adjust. But perhaps with social media and more openness to talk about it, maybe that's why there's more awareness. Also, maybe these days, it's harder to come by jobs since there isn't as much non-skilled jobs available that there used to be, where people could make a decent living over time.

A guy that has joined our game group maybe 6-10 months ago is a vet on disability. I'm not sure what his disability is, because he appears fine, but I know he was wounded a couple times and don't know him well enough yet to ask what his disability is. I've gamed with him on a handful of occasions, went to his place last Saturday and will play Concordia with him tomorrow night at our group's meeting place. He's married and is moving into a house next month, so hopefully things work out for him, because while he seems alright, you just don't know. His wife is a nurse in Chicago, so at least the income part is okay. A few weeks ago, a buddy of his from the service was in trouble and had a Go Fund Me page, as he needed help paying for rent. He had had problems with jobs and his wife and kids had moved to a new place for her job, but he needed help getting the last month's rent paid where he was at before he move, as he didn't want an eviction on his record for finding work or whatever. I helped out with what I could, as did my friend.

It's tough and sad. My friend Brian V. commented, "a lot of people say they care, but they really don't". That may be directed towards some in government that brag about how they care about our vets, but when it comes down to action, it seems lacking.

As for me running a demo of a game at this convention, that's nothing really. There are a lot of people involved in this convention, and the organizer, Ben Starkey is the one really making a difference. He's got people to run gaming events, artists there too and a lot of prize support from various gaming companies. He's done this for maybe 7 years now, though last year they didn't have one for some reason. I worked/demoed one they had 2 years ago at Valparaiso University, as that was the first time I had learned of it's mission. I had heard of ArctiCon before, but didn't know what it was really about until then.

A bonus for this years convention, is that my nephew Tyler is going to be demoing his game Cube Hog there. It will actually work out to be a Kickstarter launch event for him, as his Kickstarter for Cube Hog is starting on March 1st. I told him toward the end of last year, that he should make it to the convention and demo his game to help both his Kickstarter, as well as to provide an extra thing for people to check out there, helping support the mission. So he's coming up from Purdue University that weekend for it, though Purdue is only a little over an hour away.

So back to your brother Japes. I really, really hope things work out for him. To think that there are so many brothers and sisters, fathers and mothers out there that have to share your worry, is really sad. Thanks for telling us about him, because others will know of his heroism, and it personalizes it for anyone who reads it.
Your new game buddy is the ones that really need care. My brother falls into the same group, the soldiers on disability that "look" fine. My brother does have visible scars but they are covered by clothing. His TBI (Traumatic Brain Injury) is what put him on disability. He looks and acts like a normal person, most of the time. But he can't function "right" all the time. Short term memory loss and issues with numbers mostly to go along with the PTSD and occasional disassociate moments where he doen't know where he is. My brother also is engaged to a nurse from San Diego that taught him how to surf. He also had/has a Gofund me to help pay for Drug Abuse Treatment and a special study at UCLA for Brain Injuries.

Would I want it to be everything I love...sure...but that's just not realistic so I'm going to focus on finding things that will make me unhappy and work on fixing those.
Old February 11th, 2018, 11:43 PM
Prickly Cactus

Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth

Quote:
Your new game buddy is the ones that really need care. My brother falls into the same group, the soldiers on disability that "look" fine. My brother does have visible scars but they are covered by clothing. His TBI (Traumatic Brain Injury) is what put him on disability. He looks and acts like a normal person, most of the time. But he can't function "right" all the time. Short term memory loss and issues with numbers mostly to go along with the PTSD and occasional disassociate moments where he doen't know where he is. My brother also is engaged to a nurse from San Diego that taught him how to surf. He also had/has a Gofund me to help pay for Drug Abuse Treatment and a special study at UCLA for Brain Injuries.
Wow Japes! I'll keep an eye out for anything I can do for my gaming buddy, though I don't even know what that would I could do.

Hopefully things with your brother work out and his fiance' can help.

Hand of fate is moving and the finger points to you
...Iron Maiden - The Wicker Man

TUTORIAL FOR RE-BASING FIGURES

3hrs 43mins 32secs = 1242nd of 8808 overall - 1988 Honolulu Marathon
Old February 12th, 2018, 09:31 AM
A Man of Taste

japes is a wielder of the Ban Hammer japes is a wielder of the Ban Hammer japes is a wielder of the Ban Hammer japes is a wielder of the Ban Hammer japes is a wielder of the Ban Hammer japes is a wielder of the Ban Hammer japes is a wielder of the Ban Hammer japes is a wielder of the Ban Hammer japes is a wielder of the Ban Hammer japes is a wielder of the Ban Hammer japes is a wielder of the Ban Hammer japes is a wielder of the Ban Hammer japes is a wielder of the Ban Hammer japes is a wielder of the Ban Hammer japes is a wielder of the Ban Hammer

Quote:
Quote:
Wow Japes! I'll keep an eye out for anything I can do for my gaming buddy, though I don't even know what that would I could do.

Hopefully things with your brother work out and his fiance' can help.
The way my brother has put it to me...If he was missing a limb at least people could see his injury and "accept" him more but since his disability is "invisible" people just look at him and wonder what's wrong with him...and that can come across to him as judgement of some kind. I think just acknowledging that he's hurting and being there will help your friend.

Would I want it to be everything I love...sure...but that's just not realistic so I'm going to focus on finding things that will make me unhappy and work on fixing those.
Old February 12th, 2018, 06:31 PM
"like" happy

TREX is hot lava death! TREX is hot lava death! TREX is hot lava death! TREX is hot lava death! TREX is hot lava death! TREX is hot lava death! TREX is hot lava death! TREX is hot lava death! TREX is hot lava death! TREX is hot lava death! TREX is hot lava death! TREX is hot lava death! TREX is hot lava death! TREX is hot lava death!

Alrighty guys, heres a few shots of our last 3 player frostgrave , when I'd set up a ghost archipelago map. We basically just ran around in the water instead of using the boats per the randomly rolled keep scenario.

I have custom Jedi/Sith rules spelldeck that were utilized by my one brother in our game. He was a Jedi Master, I was a Summoner, and my Brother in Law was an elementalist. It was a super fun game. Turned into a blood bath. My favorite was when my brother lined up 3 archers and his apprentice to rain down hell fire on my brother in laws wizard and some thugs. He ran his thugs away and shot an elemental ball in the middle of them. He rolled an 18 with a +5 shoot attack on his roll after he cast it. My brother lost two full life archers and his apprentice in one shot. His own fault since he lined up the firing squad. Another great one was when my brother used his force lightning to shock a group of me and my brother in laws troops. Killig one of his and wounding my wizard and apprentice. The force lightning ability like many others was borrowed from another spell and tweaked to serve a force user. This was my bro in laws first game. He loved it. My brother had a blast, and so did I. I lost almost all my figures in game but all recovered 100%. My brother lost a soldier and his wizard Jedi lost an eye. My bro in law lost 2 soldiers. My brother got the most gold off with 5 treasures, I got 3 and my bro in law didn't get any. My brother ended up with over 400 pts, I only got 190pts of xp, and my bro in law got over 200 xp with just kills with his wizard. Most from his one great dragonballzesk ball of the elementals. Glad I could finally share some pics.

Check out my ebay where you can find my custom dice trays and dicetowers:
https://www.ebay.com/usr/captainamazing_jerdo
Old February 12th, 2018, 08:39 PM

keglo rolls all skulls baby! keglo rolls all skulls baby! keglo rolls all skulls baby! keglo rolls all skulls baby! keglo rolls all skulls baby! keglo rolls all skulls baby!

Wow @TREX , that is an awesome looking board. Did you build all of that? That sounds like a super fun time.

Great trades with Onacara, Gypsy, SirGalahad, elltrain, generalgina, Concord, Just_a_Bill, LongHeroscaper, janus19390, and the very generous obfuscatedhippo.
Old February 12th, 2018, 08:57 PM
"like" happy

TREX is hot lava death! TREX is hot lava death! TREX is hot lava death! TREX is hot lava death! TREX is hot lava death! TREX is hot lava death! TREX is hot lava death! TREX is hot lava death! TREX is hot lava death! TREX is hot lava death! TREX is hot lava death! TREX is hot lava death! TREX is hot lava death! TREX is hot lava death!

Quote:
Originally Posted by keglo View Post
Wow @TREX , that is an awesome looking board. Did you build all of that? That sounds like a super fun time.
Thanks Keglo, and Yeah. It didn't even use 1/4 of my terrain either. I have a ton of terrain nowadays. I was thinking of posting all the individual pieces I've made. That would be cool to see. I need to update my terrain thread. Most isn't heroscape terrain nowadays though.

Old February 12th, 2018, 10:36 PM
C3G's First Fan

Spidey'tilIDie is a man of the cloth Spidey'tilIDie is a man of the cloth Spidey'tilIDie is a man of the cloth Spidey'tilIDie is a man of the cloth Spidey'tilIDie is a man of the cloth Spidey'tilIDie is a man of the cloth Spidey'tilIDie is a man of the cloth Spidey'tilIDie is a man of the cloth Spidey'tilIDie is a man of the cloth Spidey'tilIDie is a man of the cloth Spidey'tilIDie is a man of the cloth Spidey'tilIDie is a man of the cloth Spidey'tilIDie is a man of the cloth Spidey'tilIDie is a man of the cloth Spidey'tilIDie is a man of the cloth

Quote:
Quote:
Thanks Keglo, and Yeah. It didn't even use 1/4 of my terrain either. I have a ton of terrain nowadays. I was thinking of posting all the individual pieces I've made. That would be cool to see. I need to update my terrain thread. Most isn't heroscape terrain nowadays though.
Yeah, I saw your post about not playing Heroscape anymore, which is a shame. But I also stopped playing for a while and have recently gone back to it, so there is hope yet!

As far as your custom terrain for Frostgrave, etc. I feel like you could start your own board you have so much! This is one of the few threads on here that I am subscribed to that I just can't keep up with! I love your enthusiasm though and every once in a while I see something that inspires me to try and duplicate it (most of your stuff is well beyond my ability to duplicate or even come close to.)

Semi-Retired C3G Hero
(and first Official Member of the C3G Target Audience!)

The correct way to add C3G playtests to posts.
My favorite day EVER on heroscapers.

DISCLAIMER: C3G claims no ownership of the characters or artwork used for C3G customs. All rights for the characters belong to their respective publishers/creators. C3G cards are not intended for sale, and C3G does not authorize any party to profit from C3G cards.
RIP George Perez
Old February 12th, 2018, 10:56 PM
"like" happy

Quote:
Originally Posted by Spidey'tilIDie View Post
Quote:
Quote:
Yeah, I saw your post about not playing Heroscape anymore, which is a shame. But I also stopped playing for a while and have recently gone back to it, so there is hope yet!

As far as your custom terrain for Frostgrave, etc. I feel like you could start your own board you have so much! This is one of the few threads on here that I am subscribed to that I just can't keep up with! I love your enthusiasm though and every once in a while I see something that inspires me to try and duplicate it (most of your stuff is well beyond my ability to duplicate or even come close to.)
We use all the terrain for multiple games. I have terrain that plays for:
-Frostgrave
-Frostgrave: Ghost Archipelago
-Off the Grid Heroscape
-Off the Grid Imperial Assault skirmish
-Coming soon (Walking dead all out war)
-Off the Grid Zombicide/Black Plague
-Off the Grid Massive Darkness
-Off the Grid Rum and Bones(alternate ways to play with my tons of expansions)
-Off the Grid Starwars miniatures game
-Arcane Legions
-Kings of war. Building my armies with all my miniatures soonish.
We haven't got into DND yet, but I'm loaded to the max with stuff we could use.
I haven't really made off the grid rules for my TMNT shadows of the past game yet. Not sure there. You'd have to duplicate all the play areas..meh.

The rules for turning the zones into off the grid for those CMON games actually turned out pretty cool. Haven't printed anything up for them yet. Its just written and revised on paper. Quite fun though. I still have a mile long list of stuff I wanna do.

Old February 13th, 2018, 07:09 AM
Prickly Cactus

Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth

Thanks for sharing those Trex! Looks like a fun board to play on. I take it that no random creatures showed up, they have a way of changing things up for those whose board edge the enter from.

As usual, you have a blood bath going on.

Hand of fate is moving and the finger points to you
...Iron Maiden - The Wicker Man

TUTORIAL FOR RE-BASING FIGURES

3hrs 43mins 32secs = 1242nd of 8808 overall - 1988 Honolulu Marathon
Old February 13th, 2018, 10:14 AM
"like" happy

Yeah. We didnt get not one creature to spawn. Sad really considering all the creatures I had painted up all pretty. Ill have to shoot pics of those too.

Old February 13th, 2018, 12:32 PM
Fan Fiction Prompt Master

Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth

Wow, that looks incredible.

Love the structure with the winding staircase!
How did you do that one?
Old February 13th, 2018, 04:33 PM
"like" happy

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tornado View Post
Wow, that looks incredible.

Love the structure with the winding staircase!
How did you do that one?
Thanks. That ones completely from scratch out of my head. I could try to put a tutorial together. The steps are so cool on that wizard tower.

Go Back   Heroscapers > Off-Topic > Other Games > Other Miniatures