Heroscapers
Go Back   Heroscapers > Marvel Legends HeroScape > Comic Hero Custom Creations > C3G Project
C3G Project A Place to gather C3G threads without interfering with other Marvel Customs creation

Old September 23rd, 2018, 10:24 AM
First Lady of C3G

Lazy Orang is a penguin with a machine gun Lazy Orang is a penguin with a machine gun Lazy Orang is a penguin with a machine gun Lazy Orang is a penguin with a machine gun Lazy Orang is a penguin with a machine gun Lazy Orang is a penguin with a machine gun Lazy Orang is a penguin with a machine gun Lazy Orang is a penguin with a machine gun Lazy Orang is a penguin with a machine gun Lazy Orang is a penguin with a machine gun Lazy Orang is a penguin with a machine gun
Re: New 52 And DC Rebirth Workshop

Quote:
Originally Posted by LordVenoc View Post
I think the important thing is to maintain the order of the trigrams. Kenan had to master them in order and the culmination of him getting flight was a big moment. Him being able to cherry-pick powers just seems anti-thematic.
Fair enough - putting numbers on the markers and specifying an order should be fairly simple.

My Classic Customs
- The Maneater
=====================
Old September 23rd, 2018, 11:57 AM
Never CoN a CoN man

johnny139 is a man of the cloth johnny139 is a man of the cloth johnny139 is a man of the cloth johnny139 is a man of the cloth johnny139 is a man of the cloth johnny139 is a man of the cloth johnny139 is a man of the cloth johnny139 is a man of the cloth johnny139 is a man of the cloth johnny139 is a man of the cloth johnny139 is a man of the cloth johnny139 is a man of the cloth johnny139 is a man of the cloth johnny139 is a man of the cloth johnny139 is a man of the cloth

For LordVenoc - my thoughts on how many Markers to start with is dependent on how the mini looks. If it's his original look (octagonal S), I'd do what you suggested, start him off with 4 Markers and let him build up if he needs to. If the miniature is his final look (yin-yang S) I'd start him with all 8. Would definitely impact his final price, but I'm good with that.

I'm hoping they go with his old outfit - I think it looks a lot better and would make for a more interesting push-pull gameplay.

If we wanted to go for individual powers, I'd probably do something like this...

Trigram 0: Add 3 to his Defense against adjacent attacks
Trigram 1: Add 3 to his Attack, has Super Strength
Trigram 2: Add 3 to his Defense against non-adjacent attacks
Trigram 3: Before moving, you can look at any Glyph or any Order Marker
Trigram 4: Add 3 to his Move, can move over water without stopping
Trigram 5: Add 3 to his Range
Trigram 6: Adjacent figures subtract 2 from their Defense
Trigram 7: Has the Flying special power

Trigram 3 might be a bit too wordy - I'd want to keep them as simple as possible. It's better than standard Superman's X-Ray Vision because his is more magical in nature. He can see through illusions and deceit and stuff.

And I really like Ronin's Kryptonian Qi, I was a bit iffy on including the Kryptonian species here (since he's vulnerable to Kryptonite and the like, but not as badly as a "real" Kryptonian), but that's a really elegant and thematic way to tie them together.
Old September 23rd, 2018, 02:29 PM
Just A Head

MrNobody knows what's in an order marker MrNobody knows what's in an order marker MrNobody knows what's in an order marker

As someone who had literally never heard of this guy before, I honestly prefer Johnny’s first take. On that design, it seemed simple and fairly easy to remember what powers he does/doesn’t have at any particular moment. Here, I feel like I’d have to double-check every turn to remind myself. It sounds more fun to me to have a simplified card with less text that captures the idea versus cramming a bunch of text on the card in order to represent everything he does.
Old September 23rd, 2018, 02:36 PM
Has Bigger Cockles

IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer

Agreed with that design aesthetic in general!

C3G can be played with official Heroscape, but it's not recommended.

DISCLAIMER: C3G claims no ownership of the characters or artwork used for C3G customs. All rights for the characters belong to their respective publishers/creators. C3G cards are not intended for sale, and C3G does not authorize any party to profit from C3G cards.

Old September 24th, 2018, 06:04 PM

ALEXAN2507 knows what's in an order marker ALEXAN2507 knows what's in an order marker

Great to see this thread has been acitive in my absence- I'll update the OP when I'm next on

Go Back   Heroscapers > Marvel Legends HeroScape > Comic Hero Custom Creations > C3G Project