Heroscapers
Go Back   Heroscapers > Custom HeroScape Creations > Custom Units & Army Cards
Custom Units & Army Cards Fan-created HS army cards for units, glyphs, and equipment

Notices

Old January 21st, 2007, 06:56 AM

JpX has disabled reputation
Heroscape Baseball Cards....

Everyones doing it and i felt left out.... so I made one myself. Its 200x300 pixels, just slightly larger then a normal baseball card (2.5''x3.5'' or 179x251 pixels). I think it turned out good I just want to add 3 more things (by the time you read this I should have added them)...
1) some kinda boarder to seperate the red and white parts...
2) Glow (and mybe a holo like pokemon =P)
3) The mist thats on the offical cards...

EDIT: I got these done, but I kinda missed some stuff (height, stuff like that) so if you want it ill resize the card for it... or filp it and make the baseball card size but horazontaly.

Old January 21st, 2007, 08:01 AM

ArchonShiva has disabled reputation
Re: Heroscape Baseball Cards....

These are one of the better layouts I've seen (a lot are missing the targeting) but you'll probably run out of space on powers for some figures.

The stuff you forgot, obviously, is quite important.

One neat idea would be for the card's reverse to contain FAQ info and rules precisions, such as who is affected by his Range Enhancement, and the fact that Explosion does affect Drake. On a simple white background, of course. But it'd be much faster than looking it up, and for figures with powers like this and bonding, you would quickly know your candidates.

Also, couldn't someone make a printer-friendly (as in, ink-friendly, and this is coming fomr a guy with a laser color) layout? Like, something that doesn't overuse solid colors for no apparent reason?

Quote:
Originally Posted by JpX
Everyones doing it and i felt left out.... so I made one myself. Its 200x300 pixels, just slightly larger then a normal baseball card (2.5''x3.5'' or 179x251 pixels). I think it turned out good I just want to add 3 more things (by the time you read this I should have added them)...
1) some kinda boarder to seperate the red and white parts...
2) Glow (and mybe a holo like pokemon =P)
3) The mist thats on the offical cards...

EDIT: I got these done, but I kinda missed some stuff (height, stuff like that) so if you want it ill resize the card for it... or filp it and make the baseball card size but horazontaly.

By respect for your fellow posters, please refrain from gratuitous use of the terms "******", "****", "****", "*****", "***", "****", "***", "******", "******" and "GenCon exclusive".
Old January 21st, 2007, 09:14 AM

yea that inks gonna kill.... theres no way to make it look good and printer friendly =(

idk ill work on it just give me time. I gtg out so ill get back on it soon. Illl take you idea and make it so you can fold the two together and make the card, like glue each side to a side of the card. I will also try other sizes and lengths, dont worry ill get a good one down =P

EDIT: I could get people to write out stradageys and stuff and I can put them on the back for the Faq.. Save me time and we can make sure nothings missing.

Old January 21st, 2007, 11:16 AM

Ok Heres what I got so far....

And heres a printer friendly version, no drop shadows, no glows, as little graphics as possable....

I added the height and stuff to the frount next to the characters (in this case deathwalkers) picture. On the back there is a bio of the character, his set and what number of the set. Anything else i can squize onto it?

Old January 21st, 2007, 11:48 AM

Draconious rolls all skulls baby! Draconious rolls all skulls baby! Draconious rolls all skulls baby! Draconious rolls all skulls baby!
If your creative enough to do two sided cards... lineing the printer up right, or close enough to at least cut them out right... the "photo" of the figure is not nessessary while gaming, just the hit zones is... so you could move the photo to the other side, and or not even print it... move the red hit zones as the primary image or something...
Old January 21st, 2007, 11:53 AM

Yea I know you dont need the figure but it helps when the cards are everywhere. For the PF version I could take him off the back (and the frount too).

Old January 21st, 2007, 02:08 PM
GW Bush's

Billtog rolls all skulls baby! Billtog rolls all skulls baby! Billtog rolls all skulls baby! Billtog rolls all skulls baby! Billtog rolls all skulls baby!
I found one very minor mistake, there should be a hyphen between ill and advised (ill-advised).

Go Back   Heroscapers > Custom HeroScape Creations > Custom Units & Army Cards