Heroscapers
Go Back   Heroscapers > Off-Topic > Other Games > Video Games
Video Games Computer and console games.

Old April 14th, 2011, 02:46 PM
Dr Feelgood

jschild is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla jschild is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla jschild is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla jschild is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla jschild is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla jschild is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla jschild is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla jschild is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla jschild is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla jschild is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla
Mass Effect 3 - Can't Wait....

Just finished reading Game Informer's sneak peak at ME3. Many great things in it.

1. Skill trees - Both styles from ME1 and ME2 are mostly gone. Instead, you will have a more branching system (think like the choices in the last level of any skill in ME2) that locks you out of other choices - making the powers more unique and varied.

2. Guns - I know alot of people hated the so-called lack of variety in guns in ME2. I personally loved that every gun actually felt like a different weapon (vs. ME1's guns where every sniper rifle was exactly the same, just the stats differed). In ME3, they blended them perfectly. Guns are in limited variety but very distinct, but, somewhat like the armor in ME2, they now have components that can modify them. Yeahhh!

3. Choices - They mentioned that just because a choice you made in ME1 was not really felt in ME2 (think Rachni) do not assume it will not be dealt with in 3. Many of those choices were purposeful and there will be dramatic differences this time around. Also, some (but not all) of your former teammates from both games will be back on your team, if they survived. However, even if not recruitable, all living prior teammates will be back.

4. There is no slow boil - everything hits the toilet from the start. You're not building a team, you literally have to unite the galaxy. Man, I cannot wait

EDIT: Added link to scans of the article...

http://gamingeverything.com/?p=3178

Now through May 28th, the Louisville region is in desperate need of platelets - call the Red Cross if you are interested in donating!

Last edited by jschild; April 14th, 2011 at 07:56 PM.
Old April 19th, 2011, 11:02 AM

Lank281 knows what's in an order marker Lank281 knows what's in an order marker
Re: Mass Effect 3 - Can't Wait....

Played the first one and enjoyed it.

I haven't played the second one yet. (Busy with other things.)

Having a third one come out is just a sign that I need to catch up.

Lank281 is Extreme Hawk
in HIS MIND!
Old April 19th, 2011, 11:12 AM
Dr Feelgood

jschild is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla jschild is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla jschild is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla jschild is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla jschild is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla jschild is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla jschild is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla jschild is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla jschild is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla jschild is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla

Indeed, I highly recommend the second one. Story is more personal but less epic, combat is far superior, weapons now are truly distinct.

It seems they are moving backwards a bit for 3, blending the elements of 1 and 2 to maximize the best of each game.

Now through May 28th, the Louisville region is in desperate need of platelets - call the Red Cross if you are interested in donating!
Old April 19th, 2011, 11:20 AM

Lank281 knows what's in an order marker Lank281 knows what's in an order marker

Sounds cool. I'm plan on looking into it, in the very near future.

Edit: But, yeah. Last Saturday morning I opened up my mail box, and the new issue of Game Informer was staring me in the face with Commander Shepard on the cover. With a sigh, I basically knew it was time to get my junk together.

Lank281 is Extreme Hawk
in HIS MIND!
Old April 19th, 2011, 11:39 AM
C3G Landlord

Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth

Quote:
Originally Posted by jschild View Post

3. Choices - They mentioned that just because a choice you made in ME1 was not really felt in ME2 (think Rachni) do not assume it will not be dealt with in 3. Many of those choices were purposeful and there will be dramatic differences this time around. Also, some (but not all) of your former teammates from both games will be back on your team, if they survived. However, even if not recruitable, all living prior teammates will be back.
I don't understand this part. If I go out and buy ME3 without ever having owned or played ME1 & ME2, what happens?
Old April 19th, 2011, 11:41 AM
Dr Feelgood

It'll be most likely similar to the PS3 version of ME2, where you are presented with a comic book style of "Previously on Mass Effect" which leads you through the biggest choices in the game (although not every choice, there is simply too many) and you get to choose what you would do for those.

Old April 19th, 2011, 12:05 PM
The New York Yankees are the greatest baseball team ever!

Mombo101 rolls all skulls baby! Mombo101 rolls all skulls baby! Mombo101 rolls all skulls baby! Mombo101 rolls all skulls baby! Mombo101 rolls all skulls baby!

I will state this, I am already planning on buying the special edition of ME3. This series has been my favorite game(s), and Bioware has done an incredible job on these games.

If this were Reddit, I'd totally upvote this thread

The cake is a lie.

-Insert Witty Signature Here-
Old April 19th, 2011, 12:14 PM

the incredible mate is surprisingly tart

I actually just deleted my mass effect 1 and 2 saved data to start all over again for three kinda like what I did with 2 so I can make sure I pick certain stuff that how I want it all to work out for 3.

Trades: 12
Selling my collection for 500 plus shipping, for a list or any interest please pm me asap
Old April 19th, 2011, 12:23 PM
markwars has a man-crush on me

Uprising wears ripped pants of awesomeness Uprising wears ripped pants of awesomeness Uprising wears ripped pants of awesomeness Uprising wears ripped pants of awesomeness Uprising wears ripped pants of awesomeness Uprising wears ripped pants of awesomeness Uprising wears ripped pants of awesomeness Uprising wears ripped pants of awesomeness

This is an instant Pre-Order for me. There were some things I didn't like about ME2 (companion outfits), but overall, it was a ridiculously good game. Played through it 3 times. Had some really good DLC as well. Looking forward to ME3 more than any other game this year.
Old April 19th, 2011, 12:59 PM
Dr Feelgood

Quote:
Originally Posted by the incredible mate View Post
I actually just deleted my mass effect 1 and 2 saved data to start all over again for three kinda like what I did with 2 so I can make sure I pick certain stuff that how I want it all to work out for 3.
Um...why delete it? You can have multiple character playthroughs.

Old June 2nd, 2011, 04:24 PM
Dr Feelgood

http://ps3.ign.com/articles/117/1172200p1.html

Awesome article talking about how much tighter and intense the combat in ME3 is now.

Old June 2nd, 2011, 04:45 PM
Site Admin & Professional SideBoarder

Aldin is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Aldin is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Aldin is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Aldin is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Aldin is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Aldin is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Aldin is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Aldin is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Aldin is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Aldin is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Aldin is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Aldin is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Aldin is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Aldin is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Aldin is a wielder of the Ban Hammer

I'm a decent chunk of the way through ME2 now. Definitely liking it enough to continue on to 3.

~Aldin, annoyed that he sometimes triggers renegade points and can't figure out how he did it

He either fears his fate too much
or his desserts are small
That dares not put it to the touch
to gain or lose it all
~James Graham

Go Back   Heroscapers > Off-Topic > Other Games > Video Games