Heroscapers
Go Back   Heroscapers > Custom HeroScape Creations > Maps & Scenarios
Maps & Scenarios Battlegrounds and scenarios

Old October 27th, 2010, 09:17 PM

Killer Lawnmower knows what's in an order marker Killer Lawnmower knows what's in an order marker Killer Lawnmower knows what's in an order marker
Re: Jschild's Map Thread

Quote:
Originally Posted by jschild View Post
Added Jungle Run, download link at the top...

EDIT: Think my next map will be something very small and intense - I'm being too nice to ranged armies.
Nice, very nice!
Old October 27th, 2010, 09:33 PM
Is a Tingly Soldier of Valhalla

Killometer is hot lava death! Killometer is hot lava death! Killometer is hot lava death! Killometer is hot lava death! Killometer is hot lava death! Killometer is hot lava death! Killometer is hot lava death! Killometer is hot lava death! Killometer is hot lava death! Killometer is hot lava death! Killometer is hot lava death! Killometer is hot lava death! Killometer is hot lava death!

This one doesn't look as mean to melee-there aren't a lot of elevation changes to slow them down or water to get in their way, and Jungle does wonders keeping units alive. The your-side-my-side hills are a little concerning, though.

132-98-0 (4/13/09-4/15/24)
38-17-0 (10/17/09-3/9/24)
Old October 27th, 2010, 10:19 PM

Lamaclown is hot lava death! Lamaclown is hot lava death! Lamaclown is hot lava death! Lamaclown is hot lava death! Lamaclown is hot lava death! Lamaclown is hot lava death! Lamaclown is hot lava death! Lamaclown is hot lava death! Lamaclown is hot lava death! Lamaclown is hot lava death! Lamaclown is hot lava death! Lamaclown is hot lava death! Lamaclown is hot lava death!

This one looks nice as well, js. Definitely more friendly to melee.

As killometer noted, the location of the hills might encourage ranged turtling. Maybe move the hills in a little closer to the center. I would think even one or two spaces might help. Of course, some people see turtling as a good strategy so if that is what you are going for, well designed.

The straight shot down the sides of the map are a nice addition for melee to travel; no pesky height for them to climb over. plus the fact that they have some jungle vegetation to boost them really helps.

Take this with a grain of salt though. My computer is not letting me dload the pdf so I can't take a real close look; this is all based just on the pic.
Old October 28th, 2010, 02:37 PM
Dr Feelgood

jschild is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla jschild is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla jschild is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla jschild is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla jschild is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla jschild is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla jschild is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla jschild is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla jschild is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla jschild is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla

My latest map....went for a smaller map with lots of LoS blockers - might just remove the higher area in the middle and add the large tree there. Thoughts?

http://www.heroscapers.com/community...o=file&id=2845

Now through May 28th, the Louisville region is in desperate need of platelets - call the Red Cross if you are interested in donating!
Old October 28th, 2010, 08:06 PM

Lamaclown is hot lava death! Lamaclown is hot lava death! Lamaclown is hot lava death! Lamaclown is hot lava death! Lamaclown is hot lava death! Lamaclown is hot lava death! Lamaclown is hot lava death! Lamaclown is hot lava death! Lamaclown is hot lava death! Lamaclown is hot lava death! Lamaclown is hot lava death! Lamaclown is hot lava death! Lamaclown is hot lava death!

You do well with small maps. I have often sat down with intentions of making a smaller map but it almost always ends up bigger than I mean for it to be. Kudos on being able to keep it small.

Its size definitely lends itself well to a bare-knuckle brawl and those are always fun. Sometimes my friends and I play "no range allowed" games and this would be a fun one for that.

The ruins definitely give melee the cover they would need to not get torn to shreds. I also like that the highest point is a single hex; it precludes Q9 or dragons from perching up there.

One suggestion might be (R is range and M is melee; I'm sure you would have figured that out anyway)...

This still keeps melee moving in a single file towards the opponent's high ground but there are at least two avenues to do so now without totally becoming sitting ducks in the water.

Anyhow, keep them coming. I enjoy the looks of your maps!
Old October 28th, 2010, 08:33 PM
Dr Feelgood

jschild is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla jschild is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla jschild is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla jschild is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla jschild is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla jschild is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla jschild is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla jschild is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla jschild is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla jschild is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lamaclown View Post
You do well with small maps. I have often sat down with intentions of making a smaller map but it almost always ends up bigger than I mean for it to be. Kudos on being able to keep it small.

Its size definitely lends itself well to a bare-knuckle brawl and those are always fun. Sometimes my friends and I play "no range allowed" games and this would be a fun one for that.

The ruins definitely give melee the cover they would need to not get torn to shreds. I also like that the highest point is a single hex; it precludes Q9 or dragons from perching up there.

One suggestion might be (R is range and M is melee; I'm sure you would have figured that out anyway)...

This still keeps melee moving in a single file towards the opponent's high ground but there are at least two avenues to do so now without totally becoming sitting ducks in the water.

Anyhow, keep them coming. I enjoy the looks of your maps!
I like your sugesstion for adding the 2 rock hexes to help out melee a bit more. I'll play around with that and see how it works. Thanks!

Now through May 28th, the Louisville region is in desperate need of platelets - call the Red Cross if you are interested in donating!
Old October 28th, 2010, 08:36 PM
Online HS Season 12 Champ, But Still Three-N-Two

MegaSilver is a man of the cloth MegaSilver is a man of the cloth MegaSilver is a man of the cloth MegaSilver is a man of the cloth MegaSilver is a man of the cloth MegaSilver is a man of the cloth MegaSilver is a man of the cloth MegaSilver is a man of the cloth MegaSilver is a man of the cloth MegaSilver is a man of the cloth MegaSilver is a man of the cloth MegaSilver is a man of the cloth MegaSilver is a man of the cloth MegaSilver is a man of the cloth MegaSilver is a man of the cloth

And if that change to that map, I think I'll use it in the tourney! (If that's okay with you.)

MegaSilver
Old October 28th, 2010, 08:39 PM
Dr Feelgood

Quote:
Originally Posted by MegaSilver View Post
And if that change to that map, I think I'll use it in the tourney! (If that's okay with you.)

MegaSilver
Well, I've guess I've got incentive to do that then

Old October 28th, 2010, 08:43 PM

MegaSilver is a man of the cloth MegaSilver is a man of the cloth MegaSilver is a man of the cloth MegaSilver is a man of the cloth MegaSilver is a man of the cloth MegaSilver is a man of the cloth MegaSilver is a man of the cloth MegaSilver is a man of the cloth MegaSilver is a man of the cloth MegaSilver is a man of the cloth MegaSilver is a man of the cloth MegaSilver is a man of the cloth MegaSilver is a man of the cloth MegaSilver is a man of the cloth MegaSilver is a man of the cloth

Quote:
Quote:

MegaSilver
Sorry, I've messed up: (Was going to edit, but you beat me to the punch, so

And if you like that change to that map, I think I'll use it in the tourney! (If that's okay with you.)
Old October 28th, 2010, 08:49 PM
Dr Feelgood

Quote:
Quote:
Quote:

MegaSilver
Sorry, I've messed up: (Was going to edit, but you beat me to the punch, so

And if you like that change to that map, I think I'll use it in the tourney! (If that's okay with you.)
No it's actually a good suggestion. Not making the change official until I build the map for real though and check it out, but it seems like a great one. Family is coming up this weekend so I've been busy cleaning and worked that one up while waiting for the floor to dry. I really like the program but seeing it actually built makes it much easier for me to understand the flow of the map.

Old November 1st, 2010, 09:43 PM
Dr Feelgood

Ok, here is my latest map, A Well to Die for....

http://www.heroscapers.com/community...o=file&id=2870

Old November 1st, 2010, 09:52 PM

Looks pretty neat.

Quick access to your opponent, but they can do the same to you...

MegaSilver

Go Back   Heroscapers > Custom HeroScape Creations > Maps & Scenarios