Heroscapers
Go Back   Heroscapers > HeroScapers Community > Events > ScapeCon
ScapeCon Forum for events related to Scapecon

Notices

Old April 10th, 2021, 06:00 PM
Sleeps with Monkeys

Hendal wears ripped pants of awesomeness Hendal wears ripped pants of awesomeness Hendal wears ripped pants of awesomeness Hendal wears ripped pants of awesomeness Hendal wears ripped pants of awesomeness Hendal wears ripped pants of awesomeness Hendal wears ripped pants of awesomeness
Re: Announcing ScapeCon: July 29th-August 1st

I will probably end up hitting Ohio once before SCon to get my shots ( easy in Ohio, not in the frontier of CR ). Eventually I feel you will need to have it to fly, and I like flying, so I am getting it when I can.
If we can have tables closer if we are all vaccinated, I am fine with that, but am not worried, To be honest I wondered if we where all vaccinated would we have to wear masks in the game room? I can see in the food area when the staff is there behind the lines, but I am guessing that is silly thinking?

Heroscape - The Game I Have Waited My Whole Life For!
GenCon - a must for any true Scaper!
Old April 10th, 2021, 06:31 PM

Dragon Ruler rolls all skulls baby! Dragon Ruler rolls all skulls baby! Dragon Ruler rolls all skulls baby! Dragon Ruler rolls all skulls baby! Dragon Ruler rolls all skulls baby! Dragon Ruler rolls all skulls baby!

I think we can have tables closer together, and more attendees, if all are vaccinated which is exactly what we were thinking, particularly given that we would like tables for other games (and @Deroche wants half the room for his little toy car game -- which looks very cool by the way.)
Not being required to wear masks while gaming would be a real bonus.
Old April 10th, 2021, 06:41 PM
Scapecon 2021 Main Event Champion

Major Q23 knows what's in an order marker Major Q23 knows what's in an order marker Major Q23 knows what's in an order marker

I'm in. This is going to be the Mecca of Heroscape in 2021! I can't wait and hope to see a ton of people there!

Don't cry because the tournament is over, smile because it happened

Last edited by Major Q23; April 10th, 2021 at 06:58 PM.
Old April 10th, 2021, 07:10 PM
Cooking Rice is Hard

OEAO is a penguin with a machine gun OEAO is a penguin with a machine gun OEAO is a penguin with a machine gun OEAO is a penguin with a machine gun OEAO is a penguin with a machine gun OEAO is a penguin with a machine gun OEAO is a penguin with a machine gun OEAO is a penguin with a machine gun OEAO is a penguin with a machine gun OEAO is a penguin with a machine gun OEAO is a penguin with a machine gun OEAO is a penguin with a machine gun

After a 3.5 hour Skype call with my crew, we've come to the realization that we need 24 hours to mull a few last specifics over. We plan to release events tomorrow.
Old April 11th, 2021, 10:27 AM
Huge Fanboy

Hahnarama is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Hahnarama is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Hahnarama is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Hahnarama is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Hahnarama is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Hahnarama is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Hahnarama is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Hahnarama is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Hahnarama is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Hahnarama is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla

I want to thank all of you in advance for the work you've put into this

Curious about the hotel....is a nicer place like a Hilton or Sheraton? or a dive like a Motel 6?

LOL

GAME OVER Moon Pie!
Old April 11th, 2021, 10:59 AM

Dragon Ruler rolls all skulls baby! Dragon Ruler rolls all skulls baby! Dragon Ruler rolls all skulls baby! Dragon Ruler rolls all skulls baby! Dragon Ruler rolls all skulls baby! Dragon Ruler rolls all skulls baby!

Closer to Hilton/Sheridan than Motel 6. Most hotels like Motel 6 do not have restaurants/ballrooms. I think everyone will be pleased with the hotel. The hotels we are waiting for quotes from are similar quality.
Old April 11th, 2021, 11:00 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by OEAO View Post
After a 3.5 hour Skype call with my crew, we've come to the realization that we need 24 hours to mull a few last specifics over. We plan to release events tomorrow.
Somebody from that crew needs to take charge and be a decider.
Old April 11th, 2021, 12:47 PM
Huge Fanboy

Hahnarama is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Hahnarama is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Hahnarama is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Hahnarama is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Hahnarama is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Hahnarama is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Hahnarama is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Hahnarama is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Hahnarama is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Hahnarama is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dragon Ruler View Post
Closer to Hilton/Sheridan than Motel 6. Most hotels like Motel 6 do not have restaurants/ballrooms. I think everyone will be pleased with the hotel. The hotels we are waiting for quotes from are similar quality.
Cool!

:fingers crossed Drury Inn: LOL

Hey my one piece of free advice in helping with a local Con for the past 12 years, you guys should spend the $99 and set up an LLC ASAP! I would also suggest that you set up a separate bank account and PayPal account

Can't wait for details!

GAME OVER Moon Pie!
Old April 11th, 2021, 02:11 PM

I appreciate the advice. I thought about setting up an LLC. In Connecticut, it's $120 to the state (not a big deal) with an annual fee of $20, but then we need to get a tax ID number and file a tax return. Until recently every LLC had to pay a minimum tax of $250 even if you didn't make any money or even if you lost money. Although that fee is now gone (which is a miracle in and of itself in that the State of CT never reduces taxes) it could come back at any time (particularly once the feds stop giving the states COVID money and people decide it's safe to move back to NYC thereby taking their high incomes that we tax heavily with them.) The bank I use charges $20 a month for a business account unless you keep at least $1,000 in the account at all times. Major PIA. If this is successful and becomes an annual event, then maybe we set up the LLC and build the charges in.
Old April 11th, 2021, 02:23 PM

Shiftrex is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Shiftrex is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Shiftrex is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Shiftrex is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Shiftrex is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Shiftrex is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Shiftrex is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Shiftrex is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Shiftrex is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla

Seems really awesome and a lot of stuff has gone into this. I noticed that there were variable room sizes (1 king or 2 queen). I was wondering what happens to pricing if a family group uses a room (for example 3 people). I know you guys were trying really hard to condense it down to a one ticket price and didn't want to ask a complicated question but that's probably one that matters to a few
Old April 11th, 2021, 02:29 PM
Cooking Rice is Hard

OEAO is a penguin with a machine gun OEAO is a penguin with a machine gun OEAO is a penguin with a machine gun OEAO is a penguin with a machine gun OEAO is a penguin with a machine gun OEAO is a penguin with a machine gun OEAO is a penguin with a machine gun OEAO is a penguin with a machine gun OEAO is a penguin with a machine gun OEAO is a penguin with a machine gun OEAO is a penguin with a machine gun OEAO is a penguin with a machine gun

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shiftrex View Post
Seems really awesome and a lot of stuff has gone into this. I noticed that there were variable room sizes (1 king or 2 queen). I was wondering what happens to pricing if a family group uses a room (for example 3 people). I know you guys were trying really hard to condense it down to a one ticket price and didn't want to ask a complicated question but that's probably one that matters to a few
So there are two different costs: the cost to book a room, and the cost for the badge.

You could split the room cost three-ways (barring COVID restrictions); you'll pay that to the hotel.

However, just like at GenCon, everyone has to buy their own badge (there's no splitting of that cost); you'll send that to us.

Hope that helps, and hope to see you out there!
Old April 11th, 2021, 02:29 PM

Sorry if I wasn't clear on this -- hotel rooms are independent of badge price. You book your hotel room directly with the hotel which is a per room price for your family at $129 per night (I presume you would get two queens.) But let's say it's a couple coming, or just a single person, they might want a king bed.
You'll buy your badge from us, which is a per person charge and includes everything we detailed. So, if there were 3 of you, and if we could get 40 attendees your badges would total $870 ($290 x 3.)

Go Back   Heroscapers > HeroScapers Community > Events > ScapeCon