Heroscapers
Go Back   Heroscapers > Custom HeroScape Creations > Custom Units & Army Cards > HoME Customs
HoME Customs A place for Heroes of Middle Earth Customs

Notices

Old July 2nd, 2020, 12:54 AM

Shiftrex is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Shiftrex is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Shiftrex is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Shiftrex is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Shiftrex is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Shiftrex is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Shiftrex is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Shiftrex is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Shiftrex is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla
Workbook of Orc Archer of Moria - Design (Fellowship A)

(CARD IMAGE)

NAME = ORC ARCHERS OF MORIA

GENERAL = UTGAR
UNIQUENESS = COMMON SQUAD
CLASS = ARCHER
PERSONALITY = VIOLENT
SIZE/HEIGHT = MEDIUM/5?

LIFE = 1 (3 figures)
MOVE = 5
RANGE = 6
ATTACK = 1
DEFENSE = 2
POINTS = 30

CAVE DWELLER 1
If an Orc Archer of Moria moves over at least three contiguous dungeon or shadow spaces, you may add an additional 1 space to his move. An Orc Archer of Moria rolls 1 additional attack dice when attacking an adjacent figure or destructible object on at least one dungeon or shadow space.

ORCISH VIOLENCE
After taking a turn with the Orc Archers of Moria, you must roll the 20-sided die. If you roll a 1-4, destroy a common Orc squad figure you control adjacent to an Orc Archer of Moria you control(, if possible). If you roll an 18 or higher, inflict one wound on an opponent's figure adjacent to an Orc Archer of Moria you control(, if possible).

Character Bio: (taken from Tolkien Gateway)

Eventually Balin and his followers reached and entered the Dimrill Dale. Battle soon ensued that day leaving many orcs dead, and Flói killed a chieftain, but was killed soon after. The Dwarves subsequently took the East-gate and First Hall.

Afterward Flói was buried under the grass near Mirrormere, and the Dwarves continued systematically taking the eastern parts of the city which chiefly included the Twenty-first Hall. The Colony also managed to find many old treasures such as mithril, gold, Durin's Axe, and a helm. Balin set up his throne in the Chamber of Mazarbul, proclaiming himself Lord of Moria.

For five years the colony explored and thrived, even sending messengers to Erebor to inform their kin of their doings.

This all changed on 10 November T.A. 2994. As Lord Balin went to go look in Mirrormere, an orc archer fatally shot him from behind a rock. The Dwarves killed the archer, but many more orcs came up the Silverlode river. After a short battle, and with Balin’s body rescued, the surviving Dwarves retreated back into the First Hall and barred the East-gate.

-RULINGS and CLARIFICATIONS-
N/A

-COMBINATIONS and SYNERGIES-

Synergy Benefits Received
Ornak - Red Flag of Fury

Synergy Benefits Offered
N/A

Last edited by Shiftrex; September 16th, 2020 at 05:37 PM.
Old July 2nd, 2020, 10:22 AM

MasterScaper1 rolls all skulls baby! MasterScaper1 rolls all skulls baby! MasterScaper1 rolls all skulls baby! MasterScaper1 rolls all skulls baby!
Re: Workbook of Orc Archer of Moria - Design (Fellowship A)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shiftrex View Post

LIFE = 1 (3 figures)
MOVE = 6
RANGE = 1
ATTACK = 1
DEFENSE = 2
POINTS = 30
I think that you have a little error, in the range of this figure. It should be 5 or 6 to be in par with original Scape figures. But the stats and abilities are really nice. I also think that the cost of the figures are pretty low, it should be 60+ points.

Currently Working with the Explores of Valhalla Team.

Old July 2nd, 2020, 10:39 AM

Shiftrex is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Shiftrex is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Shiftrex is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Shiftrex is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Shiftrex is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Shiftrex is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Shiftrex is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Shiftrex is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Shiftrex is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla

Weird, must have made a mistake in my copy/paste. Range updated.

Not sure they should cost that much though, 65 points puts them way above the cost of Arrow gruts who have Disengage and a bonding option. I think the goal was to make them comparable.
Old July 2nd, 2020, 11:11 AM

MasterScaper1 rolls all skulls baby! MasterScaper1 rolls all skulls baby! MasterScaper1 rolls all skulls baby! MasterScaper1 rolls all skulls baby!

I see what you mean but then it should cost between 50-55 points to match with other archer units that Heroscape have.

Old July 3rd, 2020, 04:15 PM

Ok, so the best analog to compare them to would probably be the Roman Archers.

https://www.heroscapers.com/communit...ead.php?t=8120

These guys are slower and have less defense, but they have higher attack unless our Cave Dweller ability triggers. They also have a strong attack that lets them break down big targets while our Orcs have a chance of getting one killed each time we take a turn with them, which I see as a big downside.

At 3 figures... I could see going to 40?
Old July 3rd, 2020, 08:12 PM
My six-year-old sister-in-law calls the shots

caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth

Quote:
Originally Posted by MasterScaper1 View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by Shiftrex View Post

LIFE = 1 (3 figures)
MOVE = 6
RANGE = 1
ATTACK = 1
DEFENSE = 2
POINTS = 30
I think that you have a little error, in the range of this figure. It should be 5 or 6 to be in par with original Scape figures. But the stats and abilities are really nice. I also think that the cost of the figures are pretty low, it should be 60+ points.
Quote:
Originally Posted by MasterScaper1 View Post
I see what you mean but then it should cost between 50-55 points to match with other archer units that Heroscape have.
Hey MasterScaper1, thanks for your comments. This design is the responsibility of Fellowship A (Shiftrex, Chris Perkins, and myself) and we are not done yet. Please hold your comments until we post it for review.

In the meantime maybe you could create one or two of the threads for Fellowship B and get the ball rolling with Shiftrex and Chris Perkins?

--

For my part I think 30 points is a fine starting point. Let's copy the power text from the other Orc squads though. I think both cards need to be updated with the Cave Dweller text we settled on for the Cave Troll.

Formerly known as capsocrates
--
Remixed Master Sets - challenge yourself with new terrain combinations!
--
Colorado Fall 2023 Multiplayer Madness
--
caps's Customs Redux - caps's multiplayer maps - caps's maps - Seagate

--
Continuing Classic Heroscape: C3V SoV
Old July 4th, 2020, 08:40 AM

OK, copy that! Will be posting something this weekend.

Old July 10th, 2020, 04:04 PM

Chris Perkins is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Chris Perkins is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Chris Perkins is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Chris Perkins is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Chris Perkins is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Chris Perkins is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Chris Perkins is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Chris Perkins is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Chris Perkins is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Chris Perkins is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla

I'm also fine with 30 points as a starting point. The Roman Archers are not good, but their best benefit is their SA which has the potential to put a big hit on a hero; these guys won't have such a SA, so they're almost useless against heroes and just good against low-defense commons.

I really love orcish violence as a power.
Old July 12th, 2020, 02:05 PM

Updated OP to reflect changes to Cave Dweller wording, I stuck these guys with Cave Dweller 1 so that they still fit the 30 point starting total that we want to try for.
Old September 15th, 2020, 10:48 AM

caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth

Let's change the move to 5. These archers don't need to have 7 move.

Then I think we're ready for public review, yes? @Chris Perkins @Shiftrex

--
--
--

--
Old September 15th, 2020, 11:43 AM

Chris Perkins is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Chris Perkins is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Chris Perkins is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Chris Perkins is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Chris Perkins is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Chris Perkins is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Chris Perkins is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Chris Perkins is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Chris Perkins is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Chris Perkins is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla

I'm fine with the Move -> 5 change.

I have one other wording change I'd like to see. Based on my re-read just now, "Orcish Violence" can require you to take an action that may be impossible with it's current wording. I think we should change it to:

ORCISH VIOLENCE
After taking a turn with the Orc Archers of Moria, you must roll the 20-sided die. If you roll a 1-4, destroy a common Orc squad figure you control adjacent to an Orc Archer of Moria you control, if possible. If you roll an 18 or higher, inflict one wound on an opponent's figure adjacent to an Orc Archer of Moria you control, if possible.

(Underline added to show my addition).
Old September 16th, 2020, 11:01 AM

I'm not sure that's necessary, but we can put it in. I would be curious what similar powers say.

--
--
--

--

Go Back   Heroscapers > Custom HeroScape Creations > Custom Units & Army Cards > HoME Customs