Heroscapers
Go Back   Heroscapers > Marvel Legends HeroScape > Comic Hero Custom Creations > C3G Project
C3G Project A Place to gather C3G threads without interfering with other Marvel Customs creation

Old August 6th, 2018, 02:53 PM
Just A Head

MrNobody is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla MrNobody is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla MrNobody is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla MrNobody is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla MrNobody is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla MrNobody is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla MrNobody is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla MrNobody is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla MrNobody is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla MrNobody is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla
Re: Ronin's Public Workshopping Thread

What about removing the unblockable attack die and instead giving him a backstab special attack he can only use if you revelead the face marker at the start of his turn?
Old August 6th, 2018, 02:57 PM
Looking where the light is better

Ronin is hot lava death! Ronin is hot lava death! Ronin is hot lava death! Ronin is hot lava death! Ronin is hot lava death! Ronin is hot lava death! Ronin is hot lava death! Ronin is hot lava death! Ronin is hot lava death! Ronin is hot lava death! Ronin is hot lava death! Ronin is hot lava death! Ronin is hot lava death!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Qualizium View Post
Has anyone mentioned that neither version really accounts for the possibility of the suspect taking wounds or being destroyed?
Huh. You know, I definitely had that in an older version, but it seems to be missing from the current one, yeah. That's worth addressing.

Quote:
Originally Posted by MrNobody View Post
What about removing the unblockable attack die and instead giving him a backstab special attack he can only use if you revelead the face marker at the start of his turn?
That could definitely be cool.

I'll try to put together a new version to address some of the gaps in a bit here. Gotta run some Scorpion tests first, and there are a couple things I want to take a look at in some other workshopping threads.
Old August 7th, 2018, 03:10 PM

Ronin is hot lava death! Ronin is hot lava death! Ronin is hot lava death! Ronin is hot lava death! Ronin is hot lava death! Ronin is hot lava death! Ronin is hot lava death! Ronin is hot lava death! Ronin is hot lava death! Ronin is hot lava death! Ronin is hot lava death! Ronin is hot lava death! Ronin is hot lava death!

Okay, playing around with some slightly different takes on it... what do people think about this?

Quote:

The figure used for this unit is a Heroclix figure from the Superior Foes of Spider-Man set.
Its model number and name are #056 / Chameleon.
NAME = CHAMELEON
SECRET IDENTITY = DMITRI KRAVINOFF

SPECIES = HUMAN
UNIQUENESS = UNIQUE HERO
CLASS = CRIMINAL
PERSONALITY = UNSTABLE

SIZE/HEIGHT = MEDIUM 5

LIFE = 5

MOVE = 6
RANGE = 1
ATTACK = 4
DEFENSE = 4

POINTS = ???

CHAMELEON INFILTRATION
At the end of any round, if Chameleon is on the battlefield and unenaged, you may choose up to six medium enemy Unique Heroes that are in play. Place Chameleon on this card and place a white Chameleon Marker face-down on each chosen Hero's card. Each Hero with one of your Chameleon Markers on its card is considered a Suspect.

CHAMELEON REVEALED (basically a whole new version)
Any time a numbered Order Marker is revealed on any Army Card, you must turn one Chameleon Marker on a Suspect's card face up. If that Chameleon Marker:
-does not have Chameleon's face on it, remove that marker from the Suspect's card.
-has Chameleon's face on it and the Suspect is not in play, place Chameleon on an empty space in your Start Zone.
-has Chameleon's face on it and the Suspect is in play, immediately switch Chameleon and that Suspect, roll 2 unblockable attack dice against any figure adjacent to Chameleon, and then place the switched Suspect on an empty space within 6 clear sight spaces of Chameleon. That Suspect will not take any leaving engagement attacks and may not move or attack for the rest of this player turn.

After placing Chameleon on the battlefield with this special power, remove all Chameleon Markers from the cards of all Suspects.
Slight Life tweak to help with survivability, since I don't think this version has room for smoke pellets. He's lightly-enhanced like Kraven, so it seems justifiable.
Old August 7th, 2018, 03:14 PM
Best There Is! - C3G Con 2020 Champ

IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer

It's unclear in the initial placement whether Chameleon's player knows which markers are being placed where or whether they're supposed to be placed randomly. I'm guessing it's meant to be the former, though, in which case I'm not sure how to better clarify that.

In the last bullet for Chameleon revealed, right now he's rolling an unblockable attack die against all adjacent figures, which would include his allies. It seems like that should be opponent's figures only.

C3G can be played with official Heroscape, but it's not recommended.

DISCLAIMER: C3G claims no ownership of the characters or artwork used for C3G customs. All rights for the characters belong to their respective publishers/creators. C3G cards are not intended for sale, and C3G does not authorize any party to profit from C3G cards.

Old August 7th, 2018, 03:15 PM
Silly quozl, dinosaurs are for orcs!

quozl is a wielder of the Ban Hammer quozl is a wielder of the Ban Hammer quozl is a wielder of the Ban Hammer quozl is a wielder of the Ban Hammer quozl is a wielder of the Ban Hammer quozl is a wielder of the Ban Hammer quozl is a wielder of the Ban Hammer quozl is a wielder of the Ban Hammer quozl is a wielder of the Ban Hammer quozl is a wielder of the Ban Hammer quozl is a wielder of the Ban Hammer quozl is a wielder of the Ban Hammer quozl is a wielder of the Ban Hammer quozl is a wielder of the Ban Hammer quozl is a wielder of the Ban Hammer

Interesting. Do you want to add a bit of randomness by having whoever revealed the OM to also reveal a Chameleon Marker?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Craig Van Ness View Post
I highly recommend C3V and C3G customs!
Old August 7th, 2018, 03:17 PM

IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer

Quote:
Originally Posted by quozl View Post
Interesting. Do you want to add a bit of randomness by having whoever revealed the OM to also reveal a Chameleon Marker?
Hmm, yeah, that's interesting. The design went to being "other players have to find him to reveal him" to "only he can reveal himself, pretty much whenever he wants" (assuming the markers aren't placed randomly). Seems like both sides should have a chance at making the reveal.

DISCLAIMER: C3G claims no ownership of the characters or artwork used for C3G customs. All rights for the characters belong to their respective publishers/creators. C3G cards are not intended for sale, and C3G does not authorize any party to profit from C3G cards.

Old August 7th, 2018, 03:19 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by IAmBatman View Post
It's unclear in the initial placement whether Chameleon's player knows which markers are being placed where or whether they're supposed to be placed randomly. I'm guessing it's meant to be the former, though, in which case I'm not sure how to better clarify that.
Definitely not meant to be random. Not sure if it can be better clarified - I always took Mirror Master's to let you choose which marker you were putting where.

Quote:
In the last bullet for Chameleon revealed, right now he's rolling an unblockable attack die against all adjacent figures, which would include his allies. It seems like that should be opponent's figures only.
Poor wording on my part. Meant to be just be one figure that you choose.

Quote:
We could go that route as long as we keep it concise. I thought about adding a wrinkle like that, but I didn't go for it in this draft because I was still trying to work out how the rest of the power unfolded.
Old August 7th, 2018, 03:20 PM

Quote:
Quote:
Hmm, yeah, that's interesting. The design went to being "other players have to find him to reveal him" to "only he can reveal himself, pretty much whenever he wants" (assuming the markers aren't placed randomly). Seems like both sides should have a chance at making the reveal.
Well, I'd argue the original version was technically "he reveals himself" in theme, even though it was being driven by what the opponent was doing. The Chameleon player wasn't controlling it, but from an in-universe perspective, Chameleon would be.
Old August 7th, 2018, 03:21 PM

quozl is a wielder of the Ban Hammer quozl is a wielder of the Ban Hammer quozl is a wielder of the Ban Hammer quozl is a wielder of the Ban Hammer quozl is a wielder of the Ban Hammer quozl is a wielder of the Ban Hammer quozl is a wielder of the Ban Hammer quozl is a wielder of the Ban Hammer quozl is a wielder of the Ban Hammer quozl is a wielder of the Ban Hammer quozl is a wielder of the Ban Hammer quozl is a wielder of the Ban Hammer quozl is a wielder of the Ban Hammer quozl is a wielder of the Ban Hammer quozl is a wielder of the Ban Hammer

Placing the markers seems clear to me.

For the other change, it should be pretty simple:

Quote:
Any time a numbered Order Marker is revealed on any Army Card, the owner of that card must turn one Chameleon Marker on a Suspect's card face up.

Quote:
Old August 7th, 2018, 03:30 PM

Edit: Nvm, I need reading classes. I like that.

Edit 2: So in three or more player games the suspects would be moved through quickly, even if the Player in question has no reason to look for suspects.

Old August 7th, 2018, 05:37 PM

Quote:
Edit 2: So in three or more player games the suspects would be moved through quickly, even if the Player in question has no reason to look for suspects.
Yeah, that's an issue I'd like to patch. Maybe just give him more markers per opponent? Otherwise I'd be fine with quozl's tweak.
Old August 7th, 2018, 05:50 PM

It's the same issue whether you use my tweak or not.

Quote:

Go Back   Heroscapers > Marvel Legends HeroScape > Comic Hero Custom Creations > C3G Project