Heroscapers
Go Back   Heroscapers > Off-Topic > General
General Random thoughts and ideas. "General" does not mean random drivel, nonsense or inane silliness.

Old June 28th, 2010, 03:46 PM
GW Bush's

Billtog rolls all skulls baby! Billtog rolls all skulls baby! Billtog rolls all skulls baby! Billtog rolls all skulls baby! Billtog rolls all skulls baby!
Re: Apple screws up - Iphone 4 loses reception when you hold

Quote:
Originally Posted by jschild View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by Billtog View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by Claws of Death View Post
*Sniff*

Smell that? Smells like a scam to make more $$. CONSPIRACY!!!!
Welcome to Apple.
Well, you do have to honestly consider the timing of the Bumper - Apples first official case for the Iphone came out exactly in time for this, it costs 30 bucks and if pretty much 100% required if you are left handed or use it like the people in all the Apple adds do.
It really wouldn't surprise me at all if this were some kind of ploy by Apple. Personally, I find it hilarious. Besides, if you're going to drop $Godknowshowmuch on an iPhone of all things, what's stopping you from getting a $29 case?

Edit- I was trying to find out how much one costs, and found this:
http://news.cnet.com/8301-31021_3-20009027-260.html
The phone itself costs a mere $188 to make, compared to the $599 they're charging for it. Not surprised at all.

Last edited by Billtog; June 28th, 2010 at 03:54 PM.
Old June 28th, 2010, 03:48 PM
Dr Feelgood

jschild is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla jschild is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla jschild is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla jschild is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla jschild is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla jschild is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla jschild is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla jschild is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla jschild is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla jschild is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla

Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
Originally Posted by Claws of Death View Post
*Sniff*

Smell that? Smells like a scam to make more $$. CONSPIRACY!!!!
Welcome to Apple.
Well, you do have to honestly consider the timing of the Bumper - Apples first official case for the Iphone came out exactly in time for this, it costs 30 bucks and if pretty much 100% required if you are left handed or use it like the people in all the Apple adds do.
It really wouldn't surprise me at all if this were some kind of ploy by Apple. Personally, I find it hilarious. Besides, if you're going to drop $Godknowshowmuch on an iPhone of all thigns, what's stopping you from getting a $29 case?
What amazes me is how the media still loves it soo much. If any other company did this. They'd be up in arms. Hell, if M$ tried half the stuff Apple does they'd be flamed to death.

Now through May 28th, the Louisville region is in desperate need of platelets - call the Red Cross if you are interested in donating!
Old June 29th, 2010, 09:05 PM
GW Bush's

Billtog rolls all skulls baby! Billtog rolls all skulls baby! Billtog rolls all skulls baby! Billtog rolls all skulls baby! Billtog rolls all skulls baby!

Quote:
What amazes me is how the media still loves it soo much. If any other company did this. They'd be up in arms. Hell, if M$ tried half the stuff Apple does they'd be flamed to death.
I'm guessing Apple gets eaten up by the media because they're the underdog. Microsoft could get away with the stuff Apple does. The media would tear them to pieces about it, and they'd still get by. When it comes to companies that are so ingrained in our lives as Microsoft and Apple, media opinion doesn't have a lot of sway.
Old July 17th, 2010, 09:20 AM
Dr Feelgood

jschild is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla jschild is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla jschild is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla jschild is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla jschild is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla jschild is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla jschild is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla jschild is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla jschild is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla jschild is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla

Quote:
Quote:
I'm guessing Apple gets eaten up by the media because they're the underdog. Microsoft could get away with the stuff Apple does. The media would tear them to pieces about it, and they'd still get by. When it comes to companies that are so ingrained in our lives as Microsoft and Apple, media opinion doesn't have a lot of sway.
I hate to tell you this, but you have it the other way around. Smaller companies get to do things all the time that bigger companies cannot. If MS pulled all the stuff that Apple did, they would be fried 10x as bad. There ARE things the top dogs can get away with more in a legal sense, but rarely in a pop-culture or critical sense.

For a great example, see all the Wal-mart bashing across the country (some of it justified) and then look for the same bashing for Kmart or Target - both pay their employees even less on average, both sell just as much foreign cheap junk as Wal-mart, but because they are smaller they get a pass.

http://gizmodo.com/5589004/this-is-a...oblem-solution

Apple finally got enough fire on their feet - Having Consumer Reports refusing to recommend their IPhone was apparently a big enough shame to finally do what should have been standard to fix a physical defect in their product in the first place.

Now through May 28th, the Louisville region is in desperate need of platelets - call the Red Cross if you are interested in donating!

Go Back   Heroscapers > Off-Topic > General