Heroscapers
Go Back   Heroscapers > Custom HeroScape Creations > Custom Units & Army Cards
Custom Units & Army Cards Fan-created HS army cards for units, glyphs, and equipment

Notices

Old February 19th, 2009, 04:03 PM
Wrecker of Wednesdays

clancampbell is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla clancampbell is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla clancampbell is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla clancampbell is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla clancampbell is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla clancampbell is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla clancampbell is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla clancampbell is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla clancampbell is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla
Re: Lamaclown's Customs Updated 02/19/09

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lamaclown View Post
Posted a new figure for Aquilla- Brearban.
This guy is awesome. I really like him. Very creative special ability.

73 tournaments. 175 - 145 - 1 overall record. 6 tournament wins.
Old February 23rd, 2009, 03:37 PM

Lamaclown is hot lava death! Lamaclown is hot lava death! Lamaclown is hot lava death! Lamaclown is hot lava death! Lamaclown is hot lava death! Lamaclown is hot lava death! Lamaclown is hot lava death! Lamaclown is hot lava death! Lamaclown is hot lava death! Lamaclown is hot lava death! Lamaclown is hot lava death! Lamaclown is hot lava death! Lamaclown is hot lava death!
Re: Lamaclown's Customs Updated 02/23/09

@ melwing and clancampbell:
Thanks for the kind and encouraging words.

I have posted Vynn Thera- an elven assassin. He is an expert in trap lore. He is an ambitious project for me, he is still not complete. Hopefully as time goes by he will be refined. To this end, any constructive criticism will be very much appreciated.

Thanks for looking!
Old February 23rd, 2009, 04:25 PM
Wrecker of Wednesdays

clancampbell is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla clancampbell is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla clancampbell is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla clancampbell is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla clancampbell is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla clancampbell is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla clancampbell is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla clancampbell is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla clancampbell is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla

Ok, I checked him out. You weren't kidding, that is a pretty ambitious project. It introduces equipment cards, which I've never been a fan of, but I think you may be able to pull it off. I'll give you my thoughts on Vynn himself and then his traps. Please forgive me if any of it sounds negative or harsh, its not intended that way. I'm a fan of your work.

Vynn Thera- The man himself. I think you need to lower his attack and def. He has a 4/4 for 80 points, which is awesome, without his specials. Since his main offense is through the traps, I just don't feel an attack of 4 is warranted. Perhaps 2/3 for atck. and def.
Also, appraoch with caution needs to be re-worded. Does the ability still work when he runs out of traps? If no, say so.

Spike trap, Fire storm, and Battle Fog, are all good.

Snare trap, Hallucinogen, and Acid Splash, are ok, however they are all pretty powerful, and at class B, he can take 2 for free. Up them to Class A, and perhaps up the points.

Angstrom Net, it may be overpriced, perhaps lower the points to 5 and maybe make class B.

Blinding, the wording is odd, not to mention it adds the concept of the 6 sided die. Perhaps just split up the 20 sider. Also, why would you ignore elevations when your blind.

Poison mist- I may need to take another look at, it kind of confused me.

Those are my first observations, I hope it doesn't seem to harsh. Take it for what it is, friendly observations.

Old February 24th, 2009, 08:43 AM

Lamaclown is hot lava death! Lamaclown is hot lava death! Lamaclown is hot lava death! Lamaclown is hot lava death! Lamaclown is hot lava death! Lamaclown is hot lava death! Lamaclown is hot lava death! Lamaclown is hot lava death! Lamaclown is hot lava death! Lamaclown is hot lava death! Lamaclown is hot lava death! Lamaclown is hot lava death! Lamaclown is hot lava death!

Quote:
Originally Posted by clancampbell View Post
Please forgive me if any of it sounds negative or harsh, its not intended that way.
Not at all. I appreciate your consistent advice on my creations.

Quote:
Vynn Thera- The man himself. I think you need to lower his attack and def. He has a 4/4 for 80 points, which is awesome, without his specials. Since his main offense is through the traps, I just don't feel an attack of 4 is warranted. Perhaps 2/3 for atck. and def.
That seems to be sound advice. I'll drop his defense to 3, I may drop his attack to 3 however. If the game goes for several rounds he may run out of traps... of course that is part of the need for strategically using him... hmmm... maybe an attack of 2 would produce a more strategic use of him. I'll have to mull that over.

Quote:
Also, appraoch with caution needs to be re-worded. Does the ability still work when he runs out of traps? If no, say so.
Thanks for the insight on that, I'll change it accordingly.

Quote:
Snare trap, Hallucinogen, and Acid Splash, are ok, however they are all pretty powerful, and at class B, he can take 2 for free. Up them to Class A, and perhaps up the points.
I had considered this as well, especially with snare and hallucinogen. I would like to have at least 3 Class B traps to initially choose from. Maybe if I drop the snare's attack from 3 to 2 that would make it less powerful and justify the Class B designation. Acid and Hallucinogen I can move to Class A and give them points accordingly.

Quote:
Angstrom Net, it may be overpriced, perhaps lower the points to 5 and maybe make class B.
I'll think this one over. Since it has the potential for an "instant kill" I figured it should be higher priced (of course I've been known to be wrong before).

Quote:
Blinding, the wording is odd, not to mention it adds the concept of the 6 sided die. Perhaps just split up the 20 sider. Also, why would you ignore elevations when your blind.
Yeah, this one is my favorite concept but my least favorite text. I'll explain the effect I'm going for and maybe I can get some help on the wording.

Basically once the figure is blinded they have to wander in a random direction for a random number of spaces. The direction is determined by using the Blind Glyph. The directional arrows correspond with the numbers on the die. A blinded figure wanders the proper number of spaces unless it "runs into" a friendly figure or terrain feature. It then stops in front of and adjacent to the figure or terrain feature. The blinded figure may not end its wandering adjacent to an enemy figure. If the number of spaces rolled end on or adjacent to an enemy figure, the blind figure must continue moving in a straight line until it does not end its wandering adjacent to an enemy figure. The blinded figure will receive any leaving wounds when moving past enemy figures.

So, that's what I'm going for-- any thoughts on wording?
As for not counting elevations, my original thought was to make sure the figure suffered the full brunt of the blinding powder- as in having to move, possibly, very far from its owner's intended direction. But, you are right, there is no logical or thematic justification for this so I will probably drop that (and thereby make more text space). I'm also totally open to using the 20-sided die instead of a 6-sided die.

Quote:
Poison mist- I may need to take another look at, it kind of confused me.
I'll explain the effect I was going for and get some input on wording...
The chosen figure and all adjacent figures are affected by the poison mist.
You roll 3 attack dice once for all figures.

After defending figures roll defense dice and place wound markers on their cards, you roll 2 attack dice. Only figures who received a wound from the first roll of 3 attack dice need to defend against this second attack.

After defending figures roll defense against the second attack and place wound markers on their cards, you roll 1 attack die. Only figures who received a wound from the second roll of 2 attack dice need to defend against this third attack.

I will go back to the drawing board and start making changes per your advice. Thank you again for your thoughtful help.

And it wasn't harsh in the least (but even if it was, if I ask for input I need to be willing to accept whatever input is given, harsh or not).
Old February 24th, 2009, 01:40 PM

Re: Lamaclown's Customs Updated 02/24/09

Changes to Vynn Thera have been made.
Still looking for input on Blinding Powder and Poison Mist.
Any thoughts anyone?

BTW, I will be play testing Brearban tonight along with Vynn Thera. Vynn still has a long way to go but at least I'll have some preliminary testing to go on.

Last edited by Lamaclown; February 24th, 2009 at 02:26 PM.
Old March 18th, 2009, 09:37 AM

Re: Lamaclown's Customs Updated 03/18/09

Vynn performed really well. He didn't make it to the end of the game but he held his own for quite a while against a few Hivelords and did some damage. His spike traps came in very handy in protecting the castle door. As far as game play he seemed pretty balanced.

Brearban, well... I need to test him again. Unfortunately he was targeted for immediate destruction by the enemy. He still lasted a few rounds but my scheming opponent sent only huge figures against him and attacked him with only special attacks (I guess some would call that good strategy, I call it diabolical scheming ). He was still able to do some damage but not enough. My opponent had several squads of marro and the rest were huge figures (except for Q9 and some shades) so Brearban couldn't make full use of his Giant Appetite Special Attack.

Also added Lord Talen to my list of customs. Let me know what you think.

Thanks for looking!
Old March 18th, 2009, 10:57 AM
Wrecker of Wednesdays

Lord Talen, I love this guy. You've really outdone yourself this time Lamaclown. The figure is stunning as well.

The only thing that I might consider would be to lower his def to 4. Shake it off is awesome, but combined with a def 5, this guy may never take a wound at all. Of couse, he is melee, so perhaps it should stay as is.

I'd love to hear how he performs in playtesting.

Great job man.

Old March 18th, 2009, 11:38 AM

Quote:
Lord Talen, I love this guy. You've really outdone yourself this time Lamaclown. The figure is stunning as well.

The only thing that I might consider would be to lower his def to 4. Shake it off is awesome, but combined with a def 5, this guy may never take a wound at all. Of couse, he is melee, so perhaps it should stay as is.

I'd love to hear how he performs in playtesting.

Great job man.
Thank you for the great encouragement!

Right before I posted him I thought about lowering his defense. I'll consider your comment confirmation for that.

I can't wait to playtest him! Hopefully I'll get to this week.
Old March 31st, 2009, 04:44 PM

Re: Lamaclown's Customs Updated 03/31/09

The playtest with Lord Talen went OK. I only got to test him in one game so a few more games are needed before I'm sure about him.

Erithyn is the newest addition to my collection of customs.

With 1 squad of Aubrien Archers (and their Frenzy) adjacent to him on height he was devastating to the advancing enemy army before being taken out. The game came down to 1 Aubrien Archer and 1 Roman Legionnaire. The Legionnaire won. More games will be necessary to determine his final point cost.
Old March 31st, 2009, 08:18 PM

Skeletor knows what's in an order marker Skeletor knows what's in an order marker Skeletor knows what's in an order marker

I like the archer turn rule but the attack of 3+ the 1 extra with no enemies in site + hieght may be a little too much for a 120. I would up his cost a little or bring down the attack or health. Just MHO.
Old April 1st, 2009, 01:53 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Skeletor View Post
I like the archer turn rule but the attack of 3+ the 1 extra with no enemies in site + hieght may be a little too much for a 120. I would up his cost a little or bring down the attack or health. Just MHO.
Thanks for the input, Skeletor.
I wasn't sure about his point cost so I think you are right. I upped it 10 points, dropped his life by 1, and increased the elven focus CS range to 4 (making it less usable, not more).
Hopefully I didn't over do it in trying to balance him.
Old April 6th, 2009, 02:10 PM

Re: Lamaclown's Customs Updated 04/06/09

Fido attacks!
Just havin' some fun with a vending machine toy. A friend and I had fun joking about the different abilities of this horrific Utgar figure as well as a squad of aliens my friend got from the vending machine.

The creative juices really got flowing but I had to narrow it down to the ones on the card. When you're goofing off it's easy to think of creative abilities.

Go Back   Heroscapers > Custom HeroScape Creations > Custom Units & Army Cards