Heroscapers
Go Back   Heroscapers > HeroScapers Community > Scapers Online
Scapers Online Discussing the online HS community

Old May 19th, 2006, 05:40 PM
has been BANNED

reapersaurus is a puppet of Ne-Gok-Sa
You mainly are right, truth, but just to give the benefit of the doubt, for kids....
maybe we could put the small text to the right of the warrior-guy that says Visit the Forums of something.

It would be obvious, visually, yet with the text blending in it would be tasteful, and non-dominating.

It would be a one-time variation of that official logo.

And BTW - could that logo PLEASE put a ' in front of scape?

So that it's "your source for all things 'scape"
the all-lower-case is extreme enough - at least put a apostrophe on an abbreviation...
Old May 19th, 2006, 06:20 PM
Beautiful Colby

truth is a wielder of the Ban Hammer truth is a wielder of the Ban Hammer truth is a wielder of the Ban Hammer truth is a wielder of the Ban Hammer truth is a wielder of the Ban Hammer truth is a wielder of the Ban Hammer truth is a wielder of the Ban Hammer truth is a wielder of the Ban Hammer truth is a wielder of the Ban Hammer truth is a wielder of the Ban Hammer truth is a wielder of the Ban Hammer truth is a wielder of the Ban Hammer truth is a wielder of the Ban Hammer truth is a wielder of the Ban Hammer truth is a wielder of the Ban Hammer
To quote myself from over on the HLD.com thread:

Quote:
Originally Posted by dlaw008

Seriously - this is the way it's been for ever on the HS fansite - why does it need to change?
I'm not feeling y'all's desperate need for a change on how things are done here?

From reading the comments on this thread it doesn't sound like anybody's desperate for change, and certainly not here. But just because something is the status quo doesn't mean it's the best... or only way to do things.

One size does not fit all. If I had never seen the HS Codex, I would never have looked in on HQ. From the outside it looked like a whole lot of noise. I read the codex and found distilled information in a deliverable format, which I love. Because the Codex I saw that something really was happenning at HQ.

-Doug

You see this is exactlly why I want to take things going on inside the forums and present them as clean crisp stories on the front page! And not just have the whole thing just be one GIANT link over to the forums. Visitors have to find content easily and then move there way from spoon feeding into the big bad forums.
Old May 19th, 2006, 06:26 PM
has been BANNED

reapersaurus is a puppet of Ne-Gok-Sa
truth - part of me agrees with you in concept.

The problem is - go imagine you are a newbie looking for HS online - look at the main page thru those eyes.

It looks like a HS blog, man.

It really does!
It looks so much like a HS blog that one guy put up, it is scary.

Because this is the design, I think the small capitulation of a REALLY obvious redirect to the forums (where 99% of the content and benefit of the site is) is a small price to pay for new people instantly finding what they're looking for, and not being disappointed and confused.
Old May 19th, 2006, 06:27 PM

dickflea Woo who?
Very nice work it certainly helps get up to date with the current topics.
Old May 19th, 2006, 07:06 PM

SyvarrisX has disabled reputation
OK, so I was a bit off sue me. But the link has changed to say forums!

This is a signature. This signature says that this is a signature. This signature is a waste of a signature!

-Syv
Old May 19th, 2006, 07:28 PM
Beautiful Colby

truth is a wielder of the Ban Hammer truth is a wielder of the Ban Hammer truth is a wielder of the Ban Hammer truth is a wielder of the Ban Hammer truth is a wielder of the Ban Hammer truth is a wielder of the Ban Hammer truth is a wielder of the Ban Hammer truth is a wielder of the Ban Hammer truth is a wielder of the Ban Hammer truth is a wielder of the Ban Hammer truth is a wielder of the Ban Hammer truth is a wielder of the Ban Hammer truth is a wielder of the Ban Hammer truth is a wielder of the Ban Hammer truth is a wielder of the Ban Hammer
Quote:
Originally Posted by reapersaurus

The problem is - go imagine you are a newbie looking for HS online - look at the main page thru those eyes.

It really does!

Because this is the design, I think the small capitulation of a REALLY obvious redirect to the forums (where 99% of the content and benefit of the site is) is a small price to pay for new people instantly finding what they're looking for, and not being disappointed and confused.
Why do you always have to make so much sense? It creates more work for me! Anyhow the deed is done. (You may have to refresh your browser to see it)
Old May 19th, 2006, 08:05 PM
Site Admin

netherspirit is a wielder of the Ban Hammer netherspirit is a wielder of the Ban Hammer netherspirit is a wielder of the Ban Hammer netherspirit is a wielder of the Ban Hammer netherspirit is a wielder of the Ban Hammer netherspirit is a wielder of the Ban Hammer netherspirit is a wielder of the Ban Hammer netherspirit is a wielder of the Ban Hammer netherspirit is a wielder of the Ban Hammer netherspirit is a wielder of the Ban Hammer netherspirit is a wielder of the Ban Hammer netherspirit is a wielder of the Ban Hammer netherspirit is a wielder of the Ban Hammer netherspirit is a wielder of the Ban Hammer netherspirit is a wielder of the Ban Hammer
Quote:
Originally Posted by truth
Quote:
Originally Posted by reapersaurus

It really does!

Why do you always have to make so much sense? It creates more work for me! Anyhow the deed is done. (You may have to refresh your browser to see it)
Very nice Truth. Keep up the awesomeness that is you.
Old May 19th, 2006, 08:15 PM

Sydcomebak Woo who?
Maybe if each person who posted on the front page mentioned the forum with a link?

"More information can be found if you read the Heroscapers.com forums"

That way, even if they don't see the community link, they have an alternate access road. (multiple even)
Old May 19th, 2006, 08:58 PM

SyvarrisX has disabled reputation
Communty, what community link?

This is a signature. This signature says that this is a signature. This signature is a waste of a signature!

-Syv

Go Back   Heroscapers > HeroScapers Community > Scapers Online