Heroscapers
Go Back   Heroscapers > Custom HeroScape Creations > Maps & Scenarios
Maps & Scenarios Battlegrounds and scenarios

Old May 23rd, 2006, 05:07 PM

gibberish_47 Woo who?
Sweet map! I hope I can try it out some time. I'll add it to my immense list of maps to try.

Old May 24th, 2006, 10:29 AM
Spin Master

GaryLASQ is a penguin with a machine gun GaryLASQ is a penguin with a machine gun GaryLASQ is a penguin with a machine gun GaryLASQ is a penguin with a machine gun GaryLASQ is a penguin with a machine gun GaryLASQ is a penguin with a machine gun GaryLASQ is a penguin with a machine gun GaryLASQ is a penguin with a machine gun GaryLASQ is a penguin with a machine gun GaryLASQ is a penguin with a machine gun GaryLASQ is a penguin with a machine gun
Quote:
Originally Posted by Oogie_Da_Bruce
This is a GREAT idea, Gary. Very Creative.
Quote:
Originally Posted by cavie
As said...very creative and awesome idea - I look forward to following it over time!
Quote:
Originally Posted by SyvarrisX
I just realized-I like the use of the ae letter.
Quote:
Originally Posted by gibberish_47
Sweet map! I hope I can try it out some time. I'll add it to my immense list of maps to try.
thanks for the praise and feedback guys. i'm revising and playtesting an older scenario for Muspellgata that i'll post in a few days.

more maps on the way...(two of 'em are on my site but not in this download thread yet.)
Old May 29th, 2006, 11:26 PM
Spin Master

GaryLASQ is a penguin with a machine gun GaryLASQ is a penguin with a machine gun GaryLASQ is a penguin with a machine gun GaryLASQ is a penguin with a machine gun GaryLASQ is a penguin with a machine gun GaryLASQ is a penguin with a machine gun GaryLASQ is a penguin with a machine gun GaryLASQ is a penguin with a machine gun GaryLASQ is a penguin with a machine gun GaryLASQ is a penguin with a machine gun GaryLASQ is a penguin with a machine gun
if you have at least 1 of everything up to the Road to the Forgotten Forest expansion set then check out Part 5 of "The Growing Expćnse"

also made some tiny terrain adjustments to Muspellgata. still no scenario for that map just yet.
Old June 4th, 2006, 11:05 PM
Admin & Site Supporter

mrbistro rolls all skulls baby! mrbistro rolls all skulls baby! mrbistro rolls all skulls baby! mrbistro rolls all skulls baby!
I played your Brusymlund map this weekend. Actually, after we made it, my friend and I couldn't help but tinker with it, mainly just because we wanted it to be bigger. Here's a pic of we ended up with. Normally I don't care for symmetric maps, but this was fun. Thanks!

Old June 29th, 2006, 02:42 AM
Spin Master

Quote:
Originally Posted by mrbistro
I played your Brusymlund map this weekend. Actually, after we made it, my friend and I couldn't help but tinker with it, mainly just because we wanted it to be bigger. Here's a pic of we ended up with. Normally I don't care for symmetric maps, but this was fun. Thanks!
i love it! tinker away...
and yep, i favor non-symmetrical maps as well but i still like to build symmetrical ones occasionally.

actually, i did something similar to one of my other maps, Muspellgata. i had it set up after making some improvements and was about to tear it down in order to make a bigger map. then i got the bright idea to just add onto it and went from this

to this

anyhow, i'm back to this thread of mine to mention that i finally got around to putting a scenario on my Muspellgata map. here it is.
Bring Me Some Orcs
http://heroscape.glasq.com/battlefie...f0018.html#s01

it's an old map/scenario of mine with plenty of recent improvements. the rules for the scenario are much easier to follow. i've done some playtesting and would like to do more. i'm still trying to figure out what glyphs (if any) to use and where to put them...

if anyone tries it out, post the results here please! thanks.

btw, this map uses quite a bit of booster terrain. but hell, most of us have plenty of it so we might as well use it

Last edited by GaryLASQ; May 25th, 2012 at 02:36 AM.
Old June 29th, 2006, 03:23 AM

shakey_snake has disabled reputation
woah! How many MS for the whole thing?
Old June 29th, 2006, 03:47 AM
Spin Master

the original map is 2 masters, 3 road/forest, 2 lava and a moderate amount of booster terrain. (terrain from 1 of each unique pack and 2 of each common pack. Malliddon to Zanafor)

the bigger one adds on 2 more masters (4 total), 2 more road/forest (5 total) and 2 more of each common booster pack.

i'll get around to posting the PDF from LS for the bigger one. but i don't expect many to be able to build it due to the amount of booster terrain.
Old July 12th, 2006, 08:03 PM
Spin Master

Q: What's a MOP?
A: It's a MOdular maP.

click HERE to find out more.

Last edited by GaryLASQ; May 25th, 2012 at 02:38 AM.
Old July 13th, 2006, 05:26 AM
Quest Quitter

Agent Minivann is hot lava death! Agent Minivann is hot lava death! Agent Minivann is hot lava death! Agent Minivann is hot lava death! Agent Minivann is hot lava death! Agent Minivann is hot lava death! Agent Minivann is hot lava death! Agent Minivann is hot lava death! Agent Minivann is hot lava death! Agent Minivann is hot lava death! Agent Minivann is hot lava death! Agent Minivann is hot lava death! Agent Minivann is hot lava death! Agent Minivann is hot lava death!
Nice page on MOPs. I think I will start playing around with making some and tell my son about it so he can work on some of his own. And I always like your gif's.
Old July 13th, 2006, 01:11 PM
Spin Master

thanks! the 6 i've made so far is just the tip of the iceberg. i hope to build 3 or 4 a week until i have enough.

my son always laughs when i tell him they are mops, not maps. they become a map when you put 3 or 4 of them together and play on it. (or play a mini-game on just 1 of them.)

for a number of reasons i like the MOP5 size (5 spaces on an edge) rather than MOP7. although the smaller size can be a challenge when it comes to the whopping 24-hex tiles.
Old July 14th, 2006, 03:44 AM
Quest Quitter

Agent Minivann is hot lava death! Agent Minivann is hot lava death! Agent Minivann is hot lava death! Agent Minivann is hot lava death! Agent Minivann is hot lava death! Agent Minivann is hot lava death! Agent Minivann is hot lava death! Agent Minivann is hot lava death! Agent Minivann is hot lava death! Agent Minivann is hot lava death! Agent Minivann is hot lava death! Agent Minivann is hot lava death! Agent Minivann is hot lava death! Agent Minivann is hot lava death!
I may experiment with this over the weekend (no promises, the wife is out of town for the weekend, and I have to make sure the kids survive). Maybe I'll post some mops I make, probably in a community mop thread so I'm not stealing your thunder.
Old July 15th, 2006, 04:08 PM
Spin Master

added a couple more MOPs to the collection. MOP5107 and MOP5108

Last edited by GaryLASQ; May 25th, 2012 at 02:41 AM.

Go Back   Heroscapers > Custom HeroScape Creations > Maps & Scenarios