Heroscapers
Go Back   Heroscapers > Off-Topic > Other Media > Music
Music Not Heroscape-related.

Old February 7th, 2007, 03:36 AM
Hotdoghead-Molesterface

kenjib rolls all skulls baby! kenjib rolls all skulls baby! kenjib rolls all skulls baby! kenjib rolls all skulls baby! kenjib rolls all skulls baby! kenjib rolls all skulls baby!
Quote:
Originally Posted by jaques
I had the misfortune of hearing "Rainfall" as my first Apples in Stereo song. Terrific aggressive power-pop with a female vocal, an amazing guitar hook, and instantly effective lyrics. In other words, seemingly nothing like the great majority of their other songs.

Maybe you can correct my misimpression, because I'd love to buy a CD by a band that consistently made songs like that one!
Bummer that's the only album from them that I don't have. From the little sample I can hear on Amazon it sounds a little atypical of most of their recent music, yeah, but you might like some of their first album if you have a chance to hear it. Some of it was more raw and traditional guitar-indie-rock sounding than the later albums have been. Still, though, there are a bunch of slower less-distorted songs even there and I don't think the hooks were as strong on that album as they were later after they matured a bit. It's probably just not your thing.

Sidenote: Funny after I wrote what I did I found out that the album was produced by a guy who also produced some Pavement albums and that one of the big influences on the album was ELO. Sounds like Pavement? New new wave-ish synth sounds? Check and check. :P
Old February 7th, 2007, 07:55 PM
Site Admin

netherspirit is a wielder of the Ban Hammer netherspirit is a wielder of the Ban Hammer netherspirit is a wielder of the Ban Hammer netherspirit is a wielder of the Ban Hammer netherspirit is a wielder of the Ban Hammer netherspirit is a wielder of the Ban Hammer netherspirit is a wielder of the Ban Hammer netherspirit is a wielder of the Ban Hammer netherspirit is a wielder of the Ban Hammer netherspirit is a wielder of the Ban Hammer netherspirit is a wielder of the Ban Hammer netherspirit is a wielder of the Ban Hammer netherspirit is a wielder of the Ban Hammer netherspirit is a wielder of the Ban Hammer netherspirit is a wielder of the Ban Hammer
CellDweller - Switchback
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=knV1H163ISE
Old February 7th, 2007, 08:03 PM

Screaming Eagle has disabled reputation
Boulevard of Broken Dreams~Green Day

that reminds me, I have to do a new $E top ten...

$E

He removed his helmet, for it blurred his vision. He dropped his shield, for it threw him off balance, he let fly his spear.
Old February 7th, 2007, 08:04 PM

blindmiceinboots has disabled reputation
KoRn -- Coming Undone

http://www.myspace.com/korn

Never argue with stupid people, they drag you down to their level and beat you with experience.
Old February 7th, 2007, 08:15 PM

ferzle has disabled reputation
Epic -- Faith No More
Old February 7th, 2007, 08:19 PM
Hotdoghead-Molesterface

kenjib rolls all skulls baby! kenjib rolls all skulls baby! kenjib rolls all skulls baby! kenjib rolls all skulls baby! kenjib rolls all skulls baby! kenjib rolls all skulls baby!
Neutral Milk Hotel - In the Aeroplane Over the Sea
Old February 8th, 2007, 09:36 AM
Master Custom Creator

Euryon is surprisingly tart
Buckethead - Jordan

Had never bothered listening to this guy, thought it was too camp to wear a KFC bucket on your head - arrogant and pretencious like Slipknot - but heard this song on Guitar Hero 2, and jesus h christ, thats some geetar.

On my command, fix bayonets.
Old February 8th, 2007, 11:55 AM
Master Custom Creator & HS Codex Editor-in-Chief

atmospro rolls all skulls baby! atmospro rolls all skulls baby! atmospro rolls all skulls baby! atmospro rolls all skulls baby! atmospro rolls all skulls baby! atmospro rolls all skulls baby!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Euryon
Buckethead - Jordan

Had never bothered listening to this guy, thought it was too camp to wear a KFC bucket on your head - arrogant and pretencious like Slipknot - but heard this song on Guitar Hero 2, and jesus h christ, thats some geetar.
Totally agree Euryon - Buckethead (or Brian Carroll, his real name) is one of the best guitar players around and very few know it. He constantly rates among the top ten in the player magazines, however he is a very stranger avantgarde fellow. Other than his own albums, he's mainly a studio player working with lots a big names from just about very genre of music, from thrash metal, funk, jazz, electronica and everything inbetween.

The Meaning of Life is to Give Life Meaning!

The More I learn, the Less I know.
Old February 8th, 2007, 01:47 PM

Jormi_Boced wears ripped pants of awesomeness Jormi_Boced wears ripped pants of awesomeness Jormi_Boced wears ripped pants of awesomeness Jormi_Boced wears ripped pants of awesomeness Jormi_Boced wears ripped pants of awesomeness Jormi_Boced wears ripped pants of awesomeness Jormi_Boced wears ripped pants of awesomeness
http://www.pandora.com/music/song/57d6c093b193b282

Dispatch
Who Are We Living For?
Open Up
Old February 8th, 2007, 02:00 PM
Site Admin

netherspirit is a wielder of the Ban Hammer netherspirit is a wielder of the Ban Hammer netherspirit is a wielder of the Ban Hammer netherspirit is a wielder of the Ban Hammer netherspirit is a wielder of the Ban Hammer netherspirit is a wielder of the Ban Hammer netherspirit is a wielder of the Ban Hammer netherspirit is a wielder of the Ban Hammer netherspirit is a wielder of the Ban Hammer netherspirit is a wielder of the Ban Hammer netherspirit is a wielder of the Ban Hammer netherspirit is a wielder of the Ban Hammer netherspirit is a wielder of the Ban Hammer netherspirit is a wielder of the Ban Hammer netherspirit is a wielder of the Ban Hammer
Quote:
Originally Posted by Euryon
Buckethead - Jordan

Thought I would check this out.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=iyaBnIkub4A

Holy freaking crap...thats an amazing peice of guitar playing.

There are some live videos of the song on there but that says its ripped from the game.
Old February 8th, 2007, 03:06 PM

Jormi_Boced wears ripped pants of awesomeness Jormi_Boced wears ripped pants of awesomeness Jormi_Boced wears ripped pants of awesomeness Jormi_Boced wears ripped pants of awesomeness Jormi_Boced wears ripped pants of awesomeness Jormi_Boced wears ripped pants of awesomeness Jormi_Boced wears ripped pants of awesomeness
http://www.pandora.com/music/song/523827f5563e8a9b

Iron & Wine
The Sea & The Rhythm
Jesus The Mexican Boy
Old February 8th, 2007, 03:13 PM

deadeyedan42 has disabled reputation
Factory girls- FLogging molly

FINISH HIM!

Go Back   Heroscapers > Off-Topic > Other Media > Music