Heroscapers
Go Back   Heroscapers > Custom HeroScape Creations > Custom Units & Army Cards
Custom Units & Army Cards Fan-created HS army cards for units, glyphs, and equipment

Old March 19th, 2019, 10:02 PM
"our design team knows what it's doing"

NecroBlade is a man of the cloth NecroBlade is a man of the cloth NecroBlade is a man of the cloth NecroBlade is a man of the cloth NecroBlade is a man of the cloth NecroBlade is a man of the cloth NecroBlade is a man of the cloth NecroBlade is a man of the cloth NecroBlade is a man of the cloth NecroBlade is a man of the cloth NecroBlade is a man of the cloth NecroBlade is a man of the cloth NecroBlade is a man of the cloth NecroBlade is a man of the cloth NecroBlade is a man of the cloth
Re: The Pre-SoV Workshop

Quote:
Originally Posted by Astroking112 View Post
"At any point" in the turn is very different from "at any point while moving," and I suspect that Scytale was referring to the former interpretation's potential to disrupt the normal structure of a turn in HeroScape.
Agreed. I don't think it needs to be limited to "before" or "after" moving, though. The only other thing I'd add is that "At any point while moving" would actually preclude after he's spent all 5 of his Movement, I believe (otherwise TKN could have infinite Move as long as there were figures to keep Stomping), and thus weirdly not allow the normal Tactical Switch timing. So, "At any point before, during, or after moving" would probably be appropriate.

Oh, and I'd love to see that Doom figure as a Warforged Wizard.

Arena of the Valkyire - Help create Heroscape's next Master Set!
Trade List
C3V Brainstorm
never not funny
Pepperony - 14/09/13
Old March 20th, 2019, 09:48 AM
Thanksgiving Custom Contest Champion

Scytale is a man of the cloth Scytale is a man of the cloth Scytale is a man of the cloth Scytale is a man of the cloth Scytale is a man of the cloth Scytale is a man of the cloth Scytale is a man of the cloth Scytale is a man of the cloth Scytale is a man of the cloth Scytale is a man of the cloth Scytale is a man of the cloth Scytale is a man of the cloth Scytale is a man of the cloth Scytale is a man of the cloth Scytale is a man of the cloth

Quote:
Originally Posted by Leaf_It View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by NecroBlade View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by Scytale View Post
Exactly this. The Heroscape ruleset just isn't robust enough to handle an "at any point" power.
Not with that attitude:
Spoiler Alert!
Trample Stomp still has text dictating where it belongs during the turn. Specifically "at any point while moving". Advanced Tactical Switch could be given a similar wording of "at any point while moving" and we would know, this action takes place during the movement phase of the turn. It also wouldn't really function any differently than just using "before or after Moving" since it's not an attack, and it doesn't wound anything.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Astroking112 View Post
I agree with Leaf_It here. "At any point" in the turn is very different from "at any point while moving," and I suspect that Scytale was referring to the former interpretation's potential to disrupt the normal structure of a turn in HeroScape.
Exactly this.
Old March 22nd, 2019, 12:17 PM
A Happy Extradimensional Horror

Pumpkin_King is hot lava death! Pumpkin_King is hot lava death! Pumpkin_King is hot lava death! Pumpkin_King is hot lava death! Pumpkin_King is hot lava death! Pumpkin_King is hot lava death! Pumpkin_King is hot lava death! Pumpkin_King is hot lava death! Pumpkin_King is hot lava death! Pumpkin_King is hot lava death! Pumpkin_King is hot lava death! Pumpkin_King is hot lava death! Pumpkin_King is hot lava death!

How does this version hit people? Looking for @dok 's input too.
Old March 22nd, 2019, 12:39 PM

Scytale is a man of the cloth Scytale is a man of the cloth Scytale is a man of the cloth Scytale is a man of the cloth Scytale is a man of the cloth Scytale is a man of the cloth Scytale is a man of the cloth Scytale is a man of the cloth Scytale is a man of the cloth Scytale is a man of the cloth Scytale is a man of the cloth Scytale is a man of the cloth Scytale is a man of the cloth Scytale is a man of the cloth Scytale is a man of the cloth

"Can only attack" is still dangerous, "may not move" is the way to go.

Is Clayton supposed to be able to take a turn with Shootout? Because a figure is not in clear sight of itself.
Old March 22nd, 2019, 04:03 PM
Night of the Living Plastic

Leaf_It is a penguin with a machine gun Leaf_It is a penguin with a machine gun Leaf_It is a penguin with a machine gun Leaf_It is a penguin with a machine gun Leaf_It is a penguin with a machine gun Leaf_It is a penguin with a machine gun Leaf_It is a penguin with a machine gun Leaf_It is a penguin with a machine gun Leaf_It is a penguin with a machine gun Leaf_It is a penguin with a machine gun Leaf_It is a penguin with a machine gun Leaf_It is a penguin with a machine gun

Quote:

Is Clayton supposed to be able to take a turn with Shootout? Because a figure is not in clear sight of itself.
Would adding "Clayton can be one of the figures taking a turn with Shootout." fix that?
Old March 22nd, 2019, 04:07 PM
This is merely a joke.

superfrog is a man of the cloth superfrog is a man of the cloth superfrog is a man of the cloth superfrog is a man of the cloth superfrog is a man of the cloth superfrog is a man of the cloth superfrog is a man of the cloth superfrog is a man of the cloth superfrog is a man of the cloth superfrog is a man of the cloth superfrog is a man of the cloth superfrog is a man of the cloth superfrog is a man of the cloth superfrog is a man of the cloth superfrog is a man of the cloth

Quote:
Originally Posted by Leaf_It View Post
Quote:

Would adding "Clayton can be one of the figures taking a turn with Shootout." fix that?
Probably would need a Sonlen-style callout in that fashion, yes.
Old March 24th, 2019, 09:06 AM

Airballshooter knows what's in an order marker Airballshooter knows what's in an order marker Airballshooter knows what's in an order marker

I reworked the card, so i increased his life and points, but dropped his defense from 3 to 2. and i changed the mini since the old one is apparently pretty rare.
the new mini is the " Marvel Heroclix Clobberin' Time Doombot" there are multiple versions but i didnt notice any diffrences, apart one beeing dr. doom himself.
this mini is available on ebay (currently at 12) and trollandtoad (around 8 in stock). amazon got 1 but more expensive.

the mini comes on a transparant base which means it would need to get rebased. but i dont think thats a big problem.
Old March 24th, 2019, 11:11 AM
A Happy Extradimensional Horror

Pumpkin_King is hot lava death! Pumpkin_King is hot lava death! Pumpkin_King is hot lava death! Pumpkin_King is hot lava death! Pumpkin_King is hot lava death! Pumpkin_King is hot lava death! Pumpkin_King is hot lava death! Pumpkin_King is hot lava death! Pumpkin_King is hot lava death! Pumpkin_King is hot lava death! Pumpkin_King is hot lava death! Pumpkin_King is hot lava death! Pumpkin_King is hot lava death!

I think that this guy might be too close to looking like Doctor Doom unfortunately.
Old March 24th, 2019, 01:53 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pumpkin_King View Post
I think that this guy might be too close to looking like Doctor Doom unfortunately.
Yeah, definitely looks like Doc Doom.
Old March 24th, 2019, 02:50 PM
Sir Formerly Known As adoney

Sir Heroscape is a man of the cloth Sir Heroscape is a man of the cloth Sir Heroscape is a man of the cloth Sir Heroscape is a man of the cloth Sir Heroscape is a man of the cloth Sir Heroscape is a man of the cloth Sir Heroscape is a man of the cloth Sir Heroscape is a man of the cloth Sir Heroscape is a man of the cloth Sir Heroscape is a man of the cloth Sir Heroscape is a man of the cloth Sir Heroscape is a man of the cloth Sir Heroscape is a man of the cloth Sir Heroscape is a man of the cloth Sir Heroscape is a man of the cloth

Got a couple units here I'm working on that I've playtested a few times and pretty happy with how they're turning out. Interested to see some broader feedback.

Veguzza is tied to the lore of the Divining Rod that was hidden in the Durgeth Swamps and his mini fits the Ravagers perfectly. He also brings in the Comfrey Plants from lore.

Agrith-Naar is simply a crazy scary demon that requires the lives of others to sustain him while he resides in the mortal plane after he's been summoned.

Sir Heroscape's Content
Customs, Maps, Battle Reports
YouTube Channel, Trade List,
'Scaper of the Month, Burnout Format
Tourney Record: 309 - 141
Online Record: 19 - 22
Old March 25th, 2019, 09:55 AM

Veguzza looks like a pretty solid addition to the Durgeth faction. +3 is really high, though. +1 is the norm, and +2 really good. I think +3 is a bit too far.

Agrith-Naar is a neat idea. Hard to say how good or bad he is without playing him.
Old March 25th, 2019, 11:35 AM
Sir Formerly Known As adoney

Sir Heroscape is a man of the cloth Sir Heroscape is a man of the cloth Sir Heroscape is a man of the cloth Sir Heroscape is a man of the cloth Sir Heroscape is a man of the cloth Sir Heroscape is a man of the cloth Sir Heroscape is a man of the cloth Sir Heroscape is a man of the cloth Sir Heroscape is a man of the cloth Sir Heroscape is a man of the cloth Sir Heroscape is a man of the cloth Sir Heroscape is a man of the cloth Sir Heroscape is a man of the cloth Sir Heroscape is a man of the cloth Sir Heroscape is a man of the cloth

Quote:
Veguzza looks like a pretty solid addition to the Durgeth faction. +3 is really high, though. +1 is the norm, and +2 really good. I think +3 is a bit too far.

Agrith-Naar is a neat idea. Hard to say how good or bad he is without playing him.
I was thinking I wanted him to stand out from the norm and there’s a “only once per turn” restriction that it should balance out the higher buff. Any particular reason that would be frowned upon? If I did go with the standard +1 is probably just go the SBN route and allow it to activate whenever, since it’s a lower buff.

For Agrith he’s done okay. Hasn’t filled his points yet in games, mainly because he hasn’t been playing with a certain squad yet. But I imagine that will change once that certain squad moves on with a solidified design.

Sir Heroscape's Content
Customs, Maps, Battle Reports
YouTube Channel, Trade List,
'Scaper of the Month, Burnout Format
Tourney Record: 309 - 141
Online Record: 19 - 22

Go Back   Heroscapers > Custom HeroScape Creations > Custom Units & Army Cards