Heroscapers
Go Back   Heroscapers > Custom HeroScape Creations > Custom Units & Army Cards
Custom Units & Army Cards Fan-created HS army cards for units, glyphs, and equipment

Notices

Old February 20th, 2019, 01:28 PM

PaladinAtticus is surprisingly tart
Cool Point Value Calculator/Estimator

I have been developing a spread sheet and algorithm that estimates the point value of Army Cards.

I know the only real way to determine point value of a unit is to play test it, but this sheet gives you a ball park number +/- 20 points.

Of course some of it is guess work, but I have put a lot of the official units through the sheet, such as Krug and Isamu(which are on the extreme end of things) and they come pretty close.

https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets...it?usp=sharing
Old February 25th, 2019, 10:25 AM
"like" happy

TREX is hot lava death! TREX is hot lava death! TREX is hot lava death! TREX is hot lava death! TREX is hot lava death! TREX is hot lava death! TREX is hot lava death! TREX is hot lava death! TREX is hot lava death! TREX is hot lava death! TREX is hot lava death! TREX is hot lava death! TREX is hot lava death! TREX is hot lava death!
Re: Point Value Calculator/Estimator

This looks pretty interesting. The only thing that is really open ended that I could see is for newly created abilities that dont have any previous unit using them. It would be a cool resource if there was a way to dial it in to minimize the playtesting phase. Thanks for sharing.

Check out my ebay where you can find my custom dice trays and dicetowers:
https://www.ebay.com/usr/captainamazing_jerdo
Old February 25th, 2019, 03:07 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by TREX View Post
This looks pretty interesting. The only thing that is really open ended that I could see is for newly created abilities that dont have any previous unit using them. It would be a cool resource if there was a way to dial it in to minimize the playtesting phase. Thanks for sharing.
I don't think It's entirely possible to estimate powers that don't already exist. I attempted to rate certain abilities into Tiers, but I think there is no avoiding test playing.
Old February 25th, 2019, 08:17 PM
"our design team knows what it's doing"

NecroBlade is a man of the cloth NecroBlade is a man of the cloth NecroBlade is a man of the cloth NecroBlade is a man of the cloth NecroBlade is a man of the cloth NecroBlade is a man of the cloth NecroBlade is a man of the cloth NecroBlade is a man of the cloth NecroBlade is a man of the cloth NecroBlade is a man of the cloth NecroBlade is a man of the cloth NecroBlade is a man of the cloth NecroBlade is a man of the cloth NecroBlade is a man of the cloth NecroBlade is a man of the cloth

Reminds me of my formula, though a lot more complicated. Of course, mine is for comparing figures, not building them from scratch, which is an ambitious goal. Not saying that's good or bad, but like yours, mine is only intended as a ballpark (though I'd argue +/-10 points most of the time is good enough).

Arena of the Valkyire - Help create Heroscape's next Master Set!
Trade List
C3V Brainstorm
never not funny
Pepperony - 14/09/13
Old February 26th, 2019, 12:10 AM
"like" happy

TREX is hot lava death! TREX is hot lava death! TREX is hot lava death! TREX is hot lava death! TREX is hot lava death! TREX is hot lava death! TREX is hot lava death! TREX is hot lava death! TREX is hot lava death! TREX is hot lava death! TREX is hot lava death! TREX is hot lava death! TREX is hot lava death! TREX is hot lava death!

Quote:
Originally Posted by PaladinAtticus View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by TREX View Post
I don't think It's entirely possible to estimate powers that don't already exist. I attempted to rate certain abilities into Tiers, but I think there is no avoiding test playing.
I agree, there has to be some play testing because the combination of powers can flux how good/bad they can be.

Check out my ebay where you can find my custom dice trays and dicetowers:
https://www.ebay.com/usr/captainamazing_jerdo
Old February 26th, 2019, 12:41 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by NecroBlade View Post
Reminds me of my formula, though a lot more complicated. Of course, mine is for comparing figures, not building them from scratch, which is an ambitious goal. Not saying that's good or bad, but like yours, mine is only intended as a ballpark (though I'd argue +/-10 points most of the time is good enough).
How did you figure your formula?

My basic idea was (Move+Range+Attack+Defense)x Life +Special abilities.
Everything else was added to reduce guess work.
Old February 26th, 2019, 02:16 PM
"our design team knows what it's doing"

NecroBlade is a man of the cloth NecroBlade is a man of the cloth NecroBlade is a man of the cloth NecroBlade is a man of the cloth NecroBlade is a man of the cloth NecroBlade is a man of the cloth NecroBlade is a man of the cloth NecroBlade is a man of the cloth NecroBlade is a man of the cloth NecroBlade is a man of the cloth NecroBlade is a man of the cloth NecroBlade is a man of the cloth NecroBlade is a man of the cloth NecroBlade is a man of the cloth NecroBlade is a man of the cloth

Quote:
Originally Posted by PaladinAtticus View Post
How did you figure your formula?
Without going into the exact formula, every stat has a value between 5-30, every power has a value (usually 15-45 range), you take the difference between the official figure and custom figure and do a little more math, then add that to or subtract from the official point cost as appropriate for your custom cost.

Arena of the Valkyire - Help create Heroscape's next Master Set!
Trade List
C3V Brainstorm
never not funny
Pepperony - 14/09/13

Go Back   Heroscapers > Custom HeroScape Creations > Custom Units & Army Cards