Heroscapers
Go Back   Heroscapers > HeroScapers Community > Events
Events Post your HS event or find an event near you

Old January 23rd, 2019, 01:23 AM
I could go

flameslayer93 is a penguin with a machine gun flameslayer93 is a penguin with a machine gun flameslayer93 is a penguin with a machine gun flameslayer93 is a penguin with a machine gun flameslayer93 is a penguin with a machine gun flameslayer93 is a penguin with a machine gun flameslayer93 is a penguin with a machine gun flameslayer93 is a penguin with a machine gun flameslayer93 is a penguin with a machine gun flameslayer93 is a penguin with a machine gun flameslayer93 is a penguin with a machine gun flameslayer93 is a penguin with a machine gun
Re: Michigamers Heroscape Group Inaugural Tourney!

It's a 3 hour trip from Cleveland... that's a hike. We would be TBD at best. And certainly can't do it if we go to the one in New Philly OH the week before.

My customs.
NE Ohio Tourney - TBA
SW Ohio Tourney - NHSD 550 points
AotV - Colliding the minis of AotP with the world of HS.
Old January 23rd, 2019, 09:51 AM

itsbuzzi rolls all skulls baby! itsbuzzi rolls all skulls baby! itsbuzzi rolls all skulls baby! itsbuzzi rolls all skulls baby! itsbuzzi rolls all skulls baby! itsbuzzi rolls all skulls baby!

Hey just lurking, I'm no where near the area but just seeing how other tourney hosts do their thing when I came across this comment:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Marduk View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tiamat View Post
Whoa @Marduk ! I've never gone up against both Q9 AND Q10 in the same army. That would be some tough sledding trying to get through all of that Soulborg nastiness. I'm curious, what was able to take them out?
As I recall, it was a Roman legionnaire for Q10, and one or two Marro Warriors for Q9. Anything could have done it, though, with the Majors deciding that defense is for wimps. It would have helped if @Father Of Julian hadn't inflicted weather rules on us. We kept getting fog and cutting the Majors off from Raelins boost. Not to mention really limiting my target selection.
What weather rules are those? Could you link me to them, I fancy weather rules.

Keep doing what you're doing, but do it better. ~Self

Classic Card Scans & Tourney Map Building Requirements Excel Sheet
Old January 23rd, 2019, 01:01 PM
PDFin' sweet self spammer

lefton4ya is a man of the cloth lefton4ya is a man of the cloth lefton4ya is a man of the cloth lefton4ya is a man of the cloth lefton4ya is a man of the cloth lefton4ya is a man of the cloth lefton4ya is a man of the cloth lefton4ya is a man of the cloth lefton4ya is a man of the cloth lefton4ya is a man of the cloth lefton4ya is a man of the cloth lefton4ya is a man of the cloth lefton4ya is a man of the cloth lefton4ya is a man of the cloth lefton4ya is a man of the cloth

@Father Of Julian & @outforblood what time you leaving Dayton? Maybe I'll carpool as you are on the way. I am still tentative.

If I go I may replay what I brought to Gencon main event (was RTW so intentionally not the best army):
Phantom Knights * 3 = 210
Sir Dupuis 150
Mezzodemon Warmongers *2 = 130
Isamu = 10
Old January 23rd, 2019, 01:39 PM

outforblood rolls all skulls baby! outforblood rolls all skulls baby! outforblood rolls all skulls baby! outforblood rolls all skulls baby! outforblood rolls all skulls baby!

Quote:
Originally Posted by lefton4ya View Post
@Father Of Julian & @outforblood what time you leaving Dayton? Maybe I'll carpool as you are on the way. I am still tentative.

If I go I may replay what I brought to Gencon main event (was RTW so intentionally not the best army):
Phantom Knights * 3 = 210
Sir Dupuis 150
Mezzodemon Warmongers *2 = 130
Isamu = 10
We plan on leaving at 730am. I know @Big Oldprankster and Julian is riding... I think @Marduk is driving separately? I may end up riding with him if FoJ has a full car. I think @Mr. Mackie is also driving...

SCAPE OR DIE!
Great transactions with: Cavalier,Jim,rudyvalentine,Hilo Scaper,land.scape,Lord Pyre,Cosmo,Hogg,TheSilverSurfer,lefton4ya,Superfrog wargamingaddict87...
Old January 23rd, 2019, 03:25 PM

Tiamat rolls all skulls baby! Tiamat rolls all skulls baby! Tiamat rolls all skulls baby! Tiamat rolls all skulls baby! Tiamat rolls all skulls baby!

Hope you can make it @lefton4ya . Gotta mix up that army a little bit though for this Battle of the Giants format. Minimum 250pts needs to be Large and/or Huge. You could get more thematic by swapping out the Mezzodemons for the Templar Cavalry. It's tough to be competitive with the mounted knights, but if anyone can do it it'd be you.
Old January 23rd, 2019, 07:01 PM
PDFin' sweet self spammer

lefton4ya is a man of the cloth lefton4ya is a man of the cloth lefton4ya is a man of the cloth lefton4ya is a man of the cloth lefton4ya is a man of the cloth lefton4ya is a man of the cloth lefton4ya is a man of the cloth lefton4ya is a man of the cloth lefton4ya is a man of the cloth lefton4ya is a man of the cloth lefton4ya is a man of the cloth lefton4ya is a man of the cloth lefton4ya is a man of the cloth lefton4ya is a man of the cloth lefton4ya is a man of the cloth

Forgot about the Large figure restraint. I bet there will be a lot more Marrden Hounds, Grok Riders, and Deathstalkers than normal. I'll have to think more about my army (if I go)
Old January 23rd, 2019, 08:55 PM

Marduk has disabled reputation

Quote:
Originally Posted by outforblood View Post
We plan on leaving at 730am. I know @Big Oldprankster and Julian is riding... I think @Marduk is driving separately? I may end up riding with him if FoJ has a full car. I think @Mr. Mackie is also driving...
Whether I drive separately or not will depend on numbers. I am expecting to drive, though. Mazda 6, so decently roomy.

Malpractice makes malperfect!
Ohio Valley Association of Heroscapers

Art by Susan Van Camp, Copyright 2006. www.artbysvc.com
Old January 23rd, 2019, 09:01 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by itsbuzzi View Post
Hey just lurking, I'm no where near the area but just seeing how other tourney hosts do their thing when I came across this comment:

Quote:
It would have helped if @Father Of Julian hadn't inflicted weather rules on us. We kept getting fog and cutting the Majors off from Raelins boost. Not to mention really limiting my target selection.
I don't have a link, but from memory:

At the beginning of each turn, before placing order markers, roll a d20 for weather. We took it in turns going clockwise (4 player free-for-all).

1-5 - Sunny! Everything is wonderful and happy.
6-10 - Strong winds, no flying or stealth flying is allowed.
11-15 - Mist/Fog, range values (including normal range, special attack/power range, and even LOS ranges as for Raelins aura) are cut in half, rounded down. Presumably with the exception of melee-only figures, a range of 0 for them would be quite inconvenient.
16-20 - Flooding/Mud, grass, sand, swamp, and swamp water tiles cost an extra movement to enter.

Old January 24th, 2019, 01:51 AM

If you are still considering maps, I have noticed that the links in my map thread were broken. I've uploaded the files elsewhere and redone the links, including adding some maps I hadn't included before and adding my tournament rules cards for the maps where I had them.

The tournament rule cards are single page PDFs with two parts, each having an image of the map (with either an image of the map for the really old ones or a start zone layer for the "newer" ones) and any rules that apply for special terrain. These make good cheat sheets for the players, and my practice was to cut the parts to size and laminate them so they would be tournament-resistant and last a while.

I didn't do the rule cards at my first couple of tournaments, so a number of maps are missing them - eventually I will update all the VirtualScape files to a newer version and redo or create the tournament cards as well.

Marduk's Maps

Old January 24th, 2019, 02:57 AM

wargamingaddict87 knows what's in an order marker wargamingaddict87 knows what's in an order marker

Attention Commanders!
We are officially one month out; Feb 23rd!
Myself and the other tournament organizers are attempting to get a count. If you are planning to come to the event, paypal 5$ and reserve your spot.

PayPal 5$ to Wargamingaddict87@gmail.com. Add your username and your actual name

Your 5$ is refundable if you are unable to make it on Feb 23rd.
Old January 24th, 2019, 09:28 AM

itsbuzzi rolls all skulls baby! itsbuzzi rolls all skulls baby! itsbuzzi rolls all skulls baby! itsbuzzi rolls all skulls baby! itsbuzzi rolls all skulls baby! itsbuzzi rolls all skulls baby!

Quote:
Quote:
Originally Posted by itsbuzzi View Post

Quote:
It would have helped if @Father Of Julian hadn't inflicted weather rules on us. We kept getting fog and cutting the Majors off from Raelins boost. Not to mention really limiting my target selection.
I don't have a link, but from memory:

At the beginning of each turn, before placing order markers, roll a d20 for weather. We took it in turns going clockwise (4 player free-for-all).

1-5 - Sunny! Everything is wonderful and happy.
6-10 - Strong winds, no flying or stealth flying is allowed.
11-15 - Mist/Fog, range values (including normal range, special attack/power range, and even LOS ranges as for Raelins aura) are cut in half, rounded down. Presumably with the exception of melee-only figures, a range of 0 for them would be quite inconvenient.
16-20 - Flooding/Mud, grass, sand, swamp, and swamp water tiles cost an extra movement to enter.
Weather rules are always fun in multiplayer games. I made a very over-complicated weather system that tried to include every weather phenomenon. Check it out. I like the flooding/mud that you have here, I think I'll switch it with my Heavy Rain second ability.

Keep doing what you're doing, but do it better. ~Self

Classic Card Scans & Tourney Map Building Requirements Excel Sheet
Old January 24th, 2019, 12:13 PM

outforblood rolls all skulls baby! outforblood rolls all skulls baby! outforblood rolls all skulls baby! outforblood rolls all skulls baby! outforblood rolls all skulls baby!

Quote:
Originally Posted by wargamingaddict87 View Post
Attention Commanders!
We are officially one month out; Feb 23rd!
Myself and the other tournament organizers are attempting to get a count. If you are planning to come to the event, paypal 5$ and reserve your spot.

PayPal 5$ to Wargamingaddict87@gmail.com. Add your username and your actual name

Your 5$ is refundable if you are unable to make it on Feb 23rd.
So we can't just pay at the door then?

SCAPE OR DIE!
Great transactions with: Cavalier,Jim,rudyvalentine,Hilo Scaper,land.scape,Lord Pyre,Cosmo,Hogg,TheSilverSurfer,lefton4ya,Superfrog wargamingaddict87...

Go Back   Heroscapers > HeroScapers Community > Events