Heroscapers
Go Back   Heroscapers > Official Valhalla HeroScape > HeroScape News
HeroScape News Sightings, HeroScape.com updates, official news, etc.

Old October 10th, 2007, 02:15 PM

Ikari has disabled reputation
100pt. Hatamoto Taro?

It looks like either the designers decided to change the point cost for the flagbearers or there is an error in the new site. Hamtaro is now 100 points.
THere are also minor changes to Gilbert and I think Laglor

http://www.hasbro.com/common/images/...CBA8F2E804.jpg

By the way this is "news" to me cuase i like samurai, but the topic may be moved elsewhere.
Old October 10th, 2007, 02:18 PM

AgentX-127 Woo who?
Re: 100pt. Hatamoto Taro?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ikari
It looks like either the designers decided to change the point cost for the flagbearers or there is an error in the new site. Hamtaro is now 100 points.
THere are also monor changes to Gilbert and I think Laglor

http://www.hasbro.com/common/images/...CBA8F2E804.jpg

By the way this is "news" to me cuase i like samurai, but the topic may be moved elsewhere.
Looks like an "Oops!" on their part. That card image is obviously pre-production (notice the die cut guideline along the edges of the card.)
Old October 10th, 2007, 02:20 PM

Ikari has disabled reputation
Wait I do see the dice now.
Man that got my hopes up for the Samurai squads.
Old October 10th, 2007, 02:23 PM

STAROCEAN980 knows what's in an order marker STAROCEAN980 knows what's in an order marker
Doesn't Hamoto have 2 attack as well?

My maps:

R.I.P. Ugly-Caco
Old October 10th, 2007, 03:03 PM

AgentX-127 Woo who?
Checked them all, and confirmed that points for Sir Gilbert, Laglor, and Hatamoto are all incorrect. I didn't check every stat, just the point cost.

Character_ Incorrect Correct
Gilbert____ 100______ 105
Laglor_____120______110
Hatamoto__100______130

This may be useful in providing some insight in the way the designers assign and tweak point costs. Looking at the change made to Hatamoto as the most dramatic, but it included a slight bump in attack power too.
Old October 10th, 2007, 03:58 PM
quoting myself - insanity beckons

nyys is a man of the cloth nyys is a man of the cloth nyys is a man of the cloth nyys is a man of the cloth nyys is a man of the cloth nyys is a man of the cloth nyys is a man of the cloth nyys is a man of the cloth nyys is a man of the cloth nyys is a man of the cloth nyys is a man of the cloth nyys is a man of the cloth nyys is a man of the cloth nyys is a man of the cloth nyys is a man of the cloth
One of the flag bearers is also listed twice. Guess we'll be doing the torture testing.
Old October 10th, 2007, 03:59 PM
GenCon 2014 Main Event Champ / Obsessive-Compulsive HS Storage Organizer

R˙chean is a man of the cloth R˙chean is a man of the cloth R˙chean is a man of the cloth R˙chean is a man of the cloth R˙chean is a man of the cloth R˙chean is a man of the cloth R˙chean is a man of the cloth R˙chean is a man of the cloth R˙chean is a man of the cloth R˙chean is a man of the cloth R˙chean is a man of the cloth R˙chean is a man of the cloth R˙chean is a man of the cloth R˙chean is a man of the cloth R˙chean is a man of the cloth
Also check the wording on the Taro Defense Aura special. It makes no reference to only being for adjacent, normal attacks.

He would truly rock if he worked that way; they should have left him like that.

I wonder if maybe possibly...they are changing the flag bearers?

I know this is highly unlikely, but this is a brand new site and you would think the site designers would have had the most up to date information.

Laglor going up in price makes sense to me as does Taro's special being less restrictive.

A must read for all 'Scapers!
Old October 10th, 2007, 04:11 PM
Baron of Beantown V

Cleon is a penguin with a machine gun Cleon is a penguin with a machine gun Cleon is a penguin with a machine gun Cleon is a penguin with a machine gun Cleon is a penguin with a machine gun Cleon is a penguin with a machine gun Cleon is a penguin with a machine gun Cleon is a penguin with a machine gun Cleon is a penguin with a machine gun Cleon is a penguin with a machine gun Cleon is a penguin with a machine gun
It seems to me like they made each flag bearer what they should be, and more fair.
Old October 10th, 2007, 05:01 PM
The Guy That Thinks Runa is Good (and has actually won games with her)

killercactus is hot lava death! killercactus is hot lava death! killercactus is hot lava death! killercactus is hot lava death! killercactus is hot lava death! killercactus is hot lava death! killercactus is hot lava death! killercactus is hot lava death! killercactus is hot lava death! killercactus is hot lava death! killercactus is hot lava death! killercactus is hot lava death! killercactus is hot lava death! killercactus is hot lava death!
Quote:
Originally Posted by R˙chean
Also check the wording on the Taro Defense Aura special. It makes no reference to only being for adjacent, normal attacks.

He would truly rock if he worked that way; they should have left him like that.

I wonder if maybe possibly...they are changing the flag bearers?

I know this is highly unlikely, but this is a brand new site and you would think the site designers would have had the most up to date information.

Laglor going up in price makes sense to me as does Taro's special being less restrictive.
I would really love that - Taro needs that to give him any chance of being playable and i would still pay 120 for Laglor anyday. Plus, that extra 5 on Gilbert is just........ meh.

Like battle reports? Click Tourney Reports (New 10/21/2012 - Cutters / Brutes!)
KC's Maps
Click KC's Customs
Scaper of the Week #57
Old October 10th, 2007, 05:13 PM

Junge Roman has disabled reputation
Yeah, and the way Mr. Yee talks about Hatamoto being so critical makes me wonder even more.

One more thought, as the only exclusives on the offical website, the designers may have plans to make the flagbearers more integral to the game (more use of the flagbearer dice in the future?).
Old October 10th, 2007, 05:23 PM

thehandofzarquon is a puppet of Ne-Gok-Sa
Other differences I noticed:

Ornak's bonding ability also takes place on Order Marker 3 rather than the first.
Orc Battle Cry is adjacent only.

Glory to the Many.
Old October 10th, 2007, 05:49 PM

STAROCEAN980 knows what's in an order marker STAROCEAN980 knows what's in an order marker
Quote:
Originally Posted by Junge Roman
Yeah, and the way Mr. Yee talks about Hatamoto being so critical makes me wonder even more.

One more thought, as the only exclusives on the offical website, the designers may have plans to make the flagbearers more integral to the game (more use of the flagbearer dice in the future?).
I hope so.

My maps:

R.I.P. Ugly-Caco

Go Back   Heroscapers > Official Valhalla HeroScape > HeroScape News