Heroscapers
Go Back   Heroscapers > Official Valhalla HeroScape > Official Rules & FAQ's
Official Rules & FAQ's Compilation and discussion of official HeroScape Rules and Frequently Asked Questions. **Special attacks never receive any bonuses.**

Old October 22nd, 2016, 11:58 AM
Dad_Scaper Dad_Scaper is offline. Isn't that smurfy?
Enjoy the Sausage

Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth
Re: Question Dump: Post Your Questions Here.

One thing we used to do in big games is give both players two x markers. After the 3's are done, played, each player may select and use one unit with an x marker.

I'm pretty sure I got the idea here somewhere. It was a long time ago and I don't remember.

The designs of the Age of Annihilation, and their ACES compatibility with VC
C3V "Easily the best quality classic customs I have ever seen."
= =
Old October 22nd, 2016, 12:17 PM

09167 knows what's in an order marker 09167 knows what's in an order marker

thank you all for the awesome information! Now I have a better idea of how it may work and more!
Old October 24th, 2016, 04:57 PM

obfuscatedhippo has disabled reputation

Do figures only see 'forward' from their targeting point?

I know this can be an issue for Q-9 since his head is in front of his chest, but can Braxas look over the back of her wings?

Working on a custom that gives a bonus to the attacker if the defender cannot "see" the attack coming. Facing normally doesn't matter as much as target hit zones .. but the custom would get a bonus if you don't turn your figures to face him after your turn.
Old October 24th, 2016, 05:48 PM
This is merely a joke.

superfrog is a man of the cloth superfrog is a man of the cloth superfrog is a man of the cloth superfrog is a man of the cloth superfrog is a man of the cloth superfrog is a man of the cloth superfrog is a man of the cloth superfrog is a man of the cloth superfrog is a man of the cloth superfrog is a man of the cloth superfrog is a man of the cloth superfrog is a man of the cloth superfrog is a man of the cloth superfrog is a man of the cloth superfrog is a man of the cloth

A figure can look any direction through their own head. But any other part of their body can block that line of sight.
Old October 24th, 2016, 06:01 PM
On vacation...

Dr.Goomonkey is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Dr.Goomonkey is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Dr.Goomonkey is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Dr.Goomonkey is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Dr.Goomonkey is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Dr.Goomonkey is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Dr.Goomonkey is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Dr.Goomonkey is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Dr.Goomonkey is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla

I think technically you are right, @superfrog , but I also think that for that specially power it would be acceptable to play so they can't look behind them.

Maybe they can see 180° in front of them?

Repaints My Maps Online Maps Customs
Q3C Custom Contests
How can you tell which kid at the playground is going to grow up to be a trombone player?
Spoiler Alert!
CoN is FuN
Old October 24th, 2016, 06:09 PM
Quest Quitter

Agent Minivann is hot lava death! Agent Minivann is hot lava death! Agent Minivann is hot lava death! Agent Minivann is hot lava death! Agent Minivann is hot lava death! Agent Minivann is hot lava death! Agent Minivann is hot lava death! Agent Minivann is hot lava death! Agent Minivann is hot lava death! Agent Minivann is hot lava death! Agent Minivann is hot lava death! Agent Minivann is hot lava death! Agent Minivann is hot lava death! Agent Minivann is hot lava death!

I remember a contentious discussion somewhere about Q9 targeting and a free flip, but I can't think of where it is. I'll have to see if I can find it later tonight.
Old October 25th, 2016, 03:08 PM
Spandau Ballet Fanboy

The B.I.V. is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla The B.I.V. is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla The B.I.V. is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla The B.I.V. is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla The B.I.V. is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla The B.I.V. is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla The B.I.V. is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla The B.I.V. is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla The B.I.V. is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla

Q9 can "free flip" any time during his movement. No controversy there...

I'm HipHoppa on Urban Rivals! Get cool rewards for your first credit purchase with my invitation code 6360776!
The B.I.V.'s Big Bad Custom Creations
The B.I.V.'s Big Bad Heroic Creations
Old October 25th, 2016, 03:56 PM
Thanksgiving Custom Contest Champion

Scytale is a man of the cloth Scytale is a man of the cloth Scytale is a man of the cloth Scytale is a man of the cloth Scytale is a man of the cloth Scytale is a man of the cloth Scytale is a man of the cloth Scytale is a man of the cloth Scytale is a man of the cloth Scytale is a man of the cloth Scytale is a man of the cloth Scytale is a man of the cloth Scytale is a man of the cloth Scytale is a man of the cloth Scytale is a man of the cloth

He can flip freely during the movement phase, but he cannot flip around during the attack phase. That is, once he starts firing, he can't turn around. This is stated in the FAQ:
Quote:
Can Major Q9's shoulder pads block his own line of sight?
Yes. When checking to see if you have a clear line of sight with Q9, you may want to look behind the targeted figure’s Hit Zone to see if you can see Q9’s head, or the side of his face. He cannot fire directly behind himself.
Old October 25th, 2016, 04:02 PM
PDFin' sweet self spammer

lefton4ya is a man of the cloth lefton4ya is a man of the cloth lefton4ya is a man of the cloth lefton4ya is a man of the cloth lefton4ya is a man of the cloth lefton4ya is a man of the cloth lefton4ya is a man of the cloth lefton4ya is a man of the cloth lefton4ya is a man of the cloth lefton4ya is a man of the cloth lefton4ya is a man of the cloth lefton4ya is a man of the cloth lefton4ya is a man of the cloth lefton4ya is a man of the cloth lefton4ya is a man of the cloth

@obfuscatedhippo & @Agent Minivann - From a few pages back on this thread:
Quote:
Originally Posted by lefton4ya View Post
@DocBlizz , that is a very good question, as this has even been debated among the rule team here. The rules do not agree with @TREX , but that doesn't necessarily mean you cannot attack in your situation. From the FAQ:
Quote:
Originally Posted by Page 5
When can you flip a double-space figure?
You can flip a double-space figure any point before, during, or at the end of that figure's movement.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Page 11
Can Major Q9‟s shoulder pads block his own line of sight?
Yes. When checking to see if you have a clear line of sight with Q9, you may want to look behind the targeted figure’s Hit Zone to see if you can see Q9’s head, or the side of his face. He cannot fire directly behind himself.
So from this, you cannot flip a double-spaced figure during your attack phase, and the figure's own body can obstruct its view, and Q9 has an even tougher time as his shoulder pads block his view to the side. However, the question is more if you can see from the back of Q10s head and/or use the head as a target point, not just the eyes. From the rulebook:
Quote:
To determine if there is a clear Line of Sight, check the Target Point (the green dot on your figure’s Army Card) and the Hit Zone (the red area on the targeted figure’s Army Card). Then get behind your figure and look to see if its Target Point can “see” any part of the targeted figure’s Hit Zone. If so, there is a clear Line of Sight.
There was also a recent debate on this topic on the Book of Nerak thread, although it was about his aura and not his attack. I saw and reposted what was said on a very old thread on Define Clear Line Sight, but it both cleared things up and confused me.
Quote:
Originally Posted by lefton4ya View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by LilNewbie View Post
All figures can see 360 except Major Q9. A figure can block it's on LOS (Line of Sight) though so check those LOSs through wings, etc.

Newb.
Quote:
Originally Posted by R˙chean View Post
head on a swivel, like exorcist
I see - so the green target point can go through a person's head but not other parts of their body? I am not even sure if I am sarcastic or not when I made that statement, so please correct me either way.
I was answered Yes to my question, but not 100% sure if all agree. But Q10's head is even more of a question because even if his "head on a swivel, like exorcist" his neck is sticking out and down so even his body could prevent his LOS if you take that literally. I would venture on the side of being able swivel your neck along with your head and take the spirit of @R˙chean 's (who is on the rules team) point and therefore be able to attack behind you, but I could see another rules stickler say no.

Any other people want to debate this inane topic? Maybe move it to the Major Q10 thread.
Old October 25th, 2016, 04:31 PM
PDFin' sweet self spammer

lefton4ya is a man of the cloth lefton4ya is a man of the cloth lefton4ya is a man of the cloth lefton4ya is a man of the cloth lefton4ya is a man of the cloth lefton4ya is a man of the cloth lefton4ya is a man of the cloth lefton4ya is a man of the cloth lefton4ya is a man of the cloth lefton4ya is a man of the cloth lefton4ya is a man of the cloth lefton4ya is a man of the cloth lefton4ya is a man of the cloth lefton4ya is a man of the cloth lefton4ya is a man of the cloth

I took the above question off this thread to the The Book of Major Q10 thread - discuss there.
Old October 25th, 2016, 11:28 PM
GenCon 2014 Main Event Champ / Obsessive-Compulsive HS Storage Organizer

R˙chean is a man of the cloth R˙chean is a man of the cloth R˙chean is a man of the cloth R˙chean is a man of the cloth R˙chean is a man of the cloth R˙chean is a man of the cloth R˙chean is a man of the cloth R˙chean is a man of the cloth R˙chean is a man of the cloth R˙chean is a man of the cloth R˙chean is a man of the cloth R˙chean is a man of the cloth R˙chean is a man of the cloth R˙chean is a man of the cloth R˙chean is a man of the cloth

Ok, first off "head on a swivel" comment was made in 2007 before the rules team even existed and it is referring to single hex figures as it was in response to a post just above it asking about human figures.

I don't see how this entry in the FAQ doesn't cover it:
If a single space figure is not facing another figure that he is attacking, does he have line of sight?
Facing does not matter when determining Line of Sight for the single spaced figures. The best way to tell if your Attacker has a clear Line of Sight is to get behind its head and look at the targeted figure. If you can see any part of the targeted figures Hit Zone from its head, you have a clear Line of Sight. The facing of the attacker's head does not matter.
With double-space figures, facing does matter, as certain areas of the body may block Line of Sight. Remember that you can flip your figure anytime during a double-space figures move, so keep Line of Sight in mind when you are moving.

A must read for all 'Scapers!
Old October 26th, 2016, 10:44 AM
guy who got blown up over Yavin, The

Porkins is a man of the cloth Porkins is a man of the cloth Porkins is a man of the cloth Porkins is a man of the cloth Porkins is a man of the cloth Porkins is a man of the cloth Porkins is a man of the cloth Porkins is a man of the cloth Porkins is a man of the cloth Porkins is a man of the cloth Porkins is a man of the cloth Porkins is a man of the cloth Porkins is a man of the cloth Porkins is a man of the cloth Porkins is a man of the cloth

Moltenclaw is a single hex figure and his wings stick pretty far up

Go Back   Heroscapers > Official Valhalla HeroScape > Official Rules & FAQ's