Heroscapers
Go Back   Heroscapers > HeroScapers Community > Contests and Forum Games
Contests and Forum Games Create, Participate, or Vote in a contest or Forum game here

Notices

Old April 27th, 2021, 12:07 AM
GenCon Main Event Champion - 2019 & The Doom of Man

infectedsloth is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla infectedsloth is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla infectedsloth is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla infectedsloth is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla infectedsloth is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla infectedsloth is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla infectedsloth is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla infectedsloth is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla infectedsloth is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla
Re: ScapeCon Map Contest: Deadline May 8th

Quote:
Originally Posted by OEAO View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sir Heroscape View Post
Just to confirm....only 1 of the maps (the map that wins the contest) will be playtested to be included in the ScapeCon map pool, correct?
Nathan can correct me if I’m wrong, but we’re only guaranteeing that the wining map gets playtested. Other maps may be playtested and included if we like them! A non-winning map could make it in the pool while the winning map may not.
OEAO is correct on all accounts.
Old April 27th, 2021, 03:47 PM

Chris Perkins is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Chris Perkins is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Chris Perkins is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Chris Perkins is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Chris Perkins is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Chris Perkins is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Chris Perkins is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Chris Perkins is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Chris Perkins is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Chris Perkins is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla

Submission: Steer into the Skid

Ok, here's my submission. This is the first tournament map I've posted on heroscapers.com, so I'm new to all this, but I wanted to contribute a map to this competition since I'm excited for ScapeCon.

It uses:
1 BftU
1 TT
1 RttFF

I put the requested map images & build instructions on a public Dropbox location that's viewable here:
https://www.dropbox.com/sh/ykydnbb82...tGWrfctka?dl=0

And here's a link to an online board for the map:
https://docs.google.com/drawings/d/1...5xYsfFhsY/edit

Any feedback is welcome; I'm looking to improve my (fledgling) map-making skills.

------------------------------

Thanks to @superfrog for helping me get numbers appearing on the top-down view, posting the image on Discord so I could add it, and making the google doc link for the map.

Last edited by Chris Perkins; May 3rd, 2021 at 10:06 PM. Reason: Added Image & Online Board Links Courtesy of Superfrog
Old April 28th, 2021, 01:53 PM
This is merely a joke.

superfrog is a man of the cloth superfrog is a man of the cloth superfrog is a man of the cloth superfrog is a man of the cloth superfrog is a man of the cloth superfrog is a man of the cloth superfrog is a man of the cloth superfrog is a man of the cloth superfrog is a man of the cloth superfrog is a man of the cloth superfrog is a man of the cloth superfrog is a man of the cloth superfrog is a man of the cloth superfrog is a man of the cloth superfrog is a man of the cloth

Two submissions from me: I made six drafts, but did manage to cut it down to these two.

The Jabberwock

Build Instructions (with optional instructions for adding water to the outside)
Online Heroscape board

This map uses 2 BftU and 1 TJ, with 2 random glyphs. It is inspired by Typhon2222’s The Borogoves, and is named to reflect that.

Styx and Stones

Build Instructions
Online Heroscape Board

This map uses 1 BftU, 1 FotA, and 1 VW, with 2 random glyphs. All rock outcrop bases are used as shadow tiles.
Old April 28th, 2021, 02:24 PM
This is merely a joke.

superfrog is a man of the cloth superfrog is a man of the cloth superfrog is a man of the cloth superfrog is a man of the cloth superfrog is a man of the cloth superfrog is a man of the cloth superfrog is a man of the cloth superfrog is a man of the cloth superfrog is a man of the cloth superfrog is a man of the cloth superfrog is a man of the cloth superfrog is a man of the cloth superfrog is a man of the cloth superfrog is a man of the cloth superfrog is a man of the cloth

@Chris Perkins you just need to get the image address from Dropbox and then post that with [IMG] tags.
Old April 28th, 2021, 10:10 PM

Chris Perkins is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Chris Perkins is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Chris Perkins is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Chris Perkins is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Chris Perkins is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Chris Perkins is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Chris Perkins is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Chris Perkins is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Chris Perkins is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Chris Perkins is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla

Quote:
Originally Posted by superfrog View Post

@Chris Perkins you just need to get the image address from Dropbox and then post that with [IMG] tags.
I've done that before but the same problem happens to me that did to your post: Dropbox removes the link after some given time (which then breaks the post). I can't get Dropbox to create a permanent link to the image, just temporary ones that last less than a day.

So my problem is really that I use Dropbox to host them, but I don't know another good provider for free hosting.
Old April 28th, 2021, 11:18 PM
This is merely a joke.

Ah, weird.

Imgur is a good site, and I also have a private discord server that I use to host images.
Old May 2nd, 2021, 11:23 PM
Frank Lloyd Wright of Scape

Flash_19 is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Flash_19 is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Flash_19 is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Flash_19 is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Flash_19 is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Flash_19 is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Flash_19 is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Flash_19 is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla

Are maps due by this Thursday, or by May 8th (this Saturday)? The OP says Thursday, May 8th...

Maps | OHS Maps | Customs
"I think you're absolutely correct in your logic and reasoning and couldn't agree more." ~BiggaBullfrog

Old May 3rd, 2021, 12:18 AM
now with morh frostrating pun-ishment

Typhon2222 is hot lava death! Typhon2222 is hot lava death! Typhon2222 is hot lava death! Typhon2222 is hot lava death! Typhon2222 is hot lava death! Typhon2222 is hot lava death! Typhon2222 is hot lava death! Typhon2222 is hot lava death! Typhon2222 is hot lava death! Typhon2222 is hot lava death! Typhon2222 is hot lava death! Typhon2222 is hot lava death! Typhon2222 is hot lava death!

Quote:
Originally Posted by superfrog View Post
The Jabberwock

Build Instructions (with optional instructions for adding water to the outside)
Online Heroscape board

This map uses 2 BftU and 1 TJ, with 2 random glyphs. It is inspired by Typhon2222’s The Borogoves, and is named to reflect that.
Awwww, I'm flattered..... This made my day. Thank you.

Gorgeous aesthetics on this baby, superfrog!

Last edited by Typhon2222; May 3rd, 2021 at 09:39 AM.
Old May 3rd, 2021, 01:04 AM
Sir Formerly Known As adoney

Sir Heroscape is a man of the cloth Sir Heroscape is a man of the cloth Sir Heroscape is a man of the cloth Sir Heroscape is a man of the cloth Sir Heroscape is a man of the cloth Sir Heroscape is a man of the cloth Sir Heroscape is a man of the cloth Sir Heroscape is a man of the cloth Sir Heroscape is a man of the cloth Sir Heroscape is a man of the cloth Sir Heroscape is a man of the cloth Sir Heroscape is a man of the cloth Sir Heroscape is a man of the cloth Sir Heroscape is a man of the cloth Sir Heroscape is a man of the cloth

My 2 Entries for the ScapeCon Map Contest! These 2 maps are built to be able to be constructed together with 1 full RotV, 1 full SotM, 1 FotA, 1 RttFF

Mausoleum Ruin
Sets: 1/2 RotV, 1/2 SotM, FotA

Off the Beaten Path
Sets: 1/2 RotV, 1/2 SotM, RttFF

Sir Heroscape's Content
Customs, Maps, Battle Reports
YouTube Channel, Trade List,
'Scaper of the Month, Burnout Format
Tourney Record: 309 - 141
Online Record: 19 - 22
Old May 3rd, 2021, 06:50 AM
GenCon Main Event Champion - 2019 & The Doom of Man

infectedsloth is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla infectedsloth is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla infectedsloth is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla infectedsloth is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla infectedsloth is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla infectedsloth is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla infectedsloth is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla infectedsloth is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla infectedsloth is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla

Less then a week left! We have a great group of maps so far, lets keep it going!

@Typhon2222 Will we be seeing a new Typhoon map this contest?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Flash_19 View Post
Are maps due by this Thursday, or by May 8th (this Saturday)? The OP says Thursday, May 8th...
They're due on May 8th. I'm looking forward to seeing the maps you've been working on.
Old May 3rd, 2021, 12:11 PM
was heroscaper2010. Now Beep, Beep, I'm a Sheep

Sheep is hot lava death! Sheep is hot lava death! Sheep is hot lava death! Sheep is hot lava death! Sheep is hot lava death! Sheep is hot lava death! Sheep is hot lava death! Sheep is hot lava death! Sheep is hot lava death! Sheep is hot lava death! Sheep is hot lava death! Sheep is hot lava death! Sheep is hot lava death!

Map submission 1:

Mire's Rift
Requires: 1 SotM, 1 BftU, 1 TJ
Old May 3rd, 2021, 01:23 PM
Cooking Rice is Hard

OEAO is a penguin with a machine gun OEAO is a penguin with a machine gun OEAO is a penguin with a machine gun OEAO is a penguin with a machine gun OEAO is a penguin with a machine gun OEAO is a penguin with a machine gun OEAO is a penguin with a machine gun OEAO is a penguin with a machine gun OEAO is a penguin with a machine gun OEAO is a penguin with a machine gun OEAO is a penguin with a machine gun OEAO is a penguin with a machine gun

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chris Perkins View Post
Submission: Steer into the Skid

Ok, here's my submission. This is the first tournament map I've posted on heroscapers.com, so I'm new to all this, but I wanted to contribute a map to this competition since I'm excited for ScapeCon.

It uses:
1 BftU
1 TT
1 RttFF

I'm not sure how to get the pictures inline in this post, but I put the requested map images & build instructions on a public Dropbox location that's viewable here:
https://www.dropbox.com/sh/ykydnbb82...tGWrfctka?dl=0

Any feedback is welcome; I'm looking to improve my (fledgling) map-making skills.

------------------------------

Thanks to @superfrog for helping me get numbers appearing on the top-down view.
The easiest way is to send it in discord and then copy that image link and post it using the "insert image" feature here!

Go Back   Heroscapers > HeroScapers Community > Contests and Forum Games