Heroscapers
Go Back   Heroscapers > Custom HeroScape Creations > Maps & Scenarios
Maps & Scenarios Battlegrounds and scenarios

Old June 13th, 2010, 10:04 AM
Caster of Crying

Warlord Alpha is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Warlord Alpha is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Warlord Alpha is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Warlord Alpha is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Warlord Alpha is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Warlord Alpha is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Warlord Alpha is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Warlord Alpha is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla
Re: Modular Maps: MOPs

Quote:
Originally Posted by GaryLASQ View Post
I have yet to use that terrain in a modular map, but this inspires me to try yours out and make some of my own. I'm hoping to play a few games with my son tonight or tomorrow. And I plan to experiment with add-on start zones using small-expansion terrain.
Here are some other Marvel MOPs that somebody posted. They are actually really nice, I especially like the road ones on the 4th or 5th post.

Last edited by Warlord Alpha; June 13th, 2010 at 10:34 AM.
Old June 13th, 2010, 06:48 PM

odbo255 has disabled reputation

Quote:
Originally Posted by Warlord Alpha View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by GaryLASQ View Post
I have yet to use that terrain in a modular map, but this inspires me to try yours out and make some of my own. I'm hoping to play a few games with my son tonight or tomorrow. And I plan to experiment with add-on start zones using small-expansion terrain.
Here are some other Marvel MOPs that somebody posted. They are actually really nice, I especially like the road ones on the 4th or 5th post.
I agree these are awesome, and make mine look ugly at best.

I had forgotten that I had seen these before, I hope there are build instructions, I'd really like to try them out.

Should we start a "Modular Maps (MOPs) INDEX" thread?

Items for trade
Heroscape lives on: 3FG C3G C3V CHCG24 CMSP NM24 SoV
Tournament Maps: BoV WoV

Last edited by odbo255; June 13th, 2010 at 07:08 PM.
Old June 13th, 2010, 09:23 PM

Zexion is a puppet of Ne-Gok-Sa

Where are the rules for these MOPs again? They all look epic.
Old June 13th, 2010, 09:31 PM
Caster of Crying

Warlord Alpha is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Warlord Alpha is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Warlord Alpha is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Warlord Alpha is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Warlord Alpha is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Warlord Alpha is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Warlord Alpha is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Warlord Alpha is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zexion View Post
Where are the rules for these MOPs again? They all look epic.
Here. It is an excellent site, I would recommend poking around.

Also, here is Gary's collection of MOPs if you want to try this out.

Quote:
Originally Posted by odbo255 View Post
Should we start a "Modular Maps (MOPs) INDEX" thread?
We could. I could easily do it if you guys want.
Old June 13th, 2010, 09:37 PM

I meant the rules to use them, like how they're positioned to play on. Not rules on building them.

Like how do we place them? Premade by scenario? Take turns attaching a board to the main board?
Old June 13th, 2010, 09:41 PM
Caster of Crying

Ohhhh. There aren't really any set rules besides to position them with a clockwise twist.

Really you attach them in any manner you want. If you want to take turns placing them or whatever, you are free to. Some people determine it by die roll (like, if you are using 4 MOPs use the d20, 1-5 it goes in this space 6-10 it goes in that space, etc.) and then determine the rotation by die roll and such, although that isn't really necessary.
Old June 13th, 2010, 09:46 PM

Well I got 1 RotV, 1 SotM, 1 BftU and 2 Fortress sets. Wonder how many MOPs I can make.
Old June 13th, 2010, 09:50 PM
Caster of Crying

At most you would be able to get probably 8 or so. There wouldn't be a whole lot of height (Like, no level 5 or 6 hills), but you could definitely get 8 size 5 MOPs with that.
Old June 13th, 2010, 10:04 PM

With no help from my fortress sets

Maybe sometimes I can let the players make their own MOPs to a certain point value. Helps with replayability

How about deployment areas? How should we handle that?
Old June 13th, 2010, 10:12 PM
Caster of Crying

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zexion View Post
With no help from my fortress sets
Yeah. I have made 3 MOPs with just one RotV set before, and you can make 2 or 3 from a SotM. BtfU you can get two out of very easily, but 3 won't really work.

Quote:
Maybe sometimes I can let the players make their own MOPs to a certain point value. Helps with replayability
That's what I have done in the past. I set out several piles of terrain (Like a RotV and a SotM divided in half) and everyone grabbed one of those piles and a small expansion and made something out of it. Then at the end we slapped them all together and it made a map that we all had our hands in.

Quote:
How about deployment areas? How should we handle that?
Use leftover terrain to make start zones that go beyond the edges of the MOPs.

On the previous page I posted this:

Which works well if you are using 3 or more MOP hexes. Generally you have those 24 hex pieces left over, so it is easy to just add those in like any other MOP.

If you are only using two MOP hexes, somebody on the previous page posted this:

Which works equally well.
Old June 13th, 2010, 10:24 PM

I think using a spare 24 hex a player and letting them choose where to start is good enough.
Old June 13th, 2010, 11:41 PM

odbo255 has disabled reputation

Quote:
Originally Posted by Warlord Alpha View Post
If you are only using two MOP hexes, somebody on the previous page posted this:

Actually, I was trying to illustrate a general principal with the most trivial example possible.

To make things more clear, here is a 6 player, seven MOP example.

Items for trade
Heroscape lives on: 3FG C3G C3V CHCG24 CMSP NM24 SoV
Tournament Maps: BoV WoV

Last edited by odbo255; June 13th, 2010 at 11:56 PM.

Go Back   Heroscapers > Custom HeroScape Creations > Maps & Scenarios