Heroscapers
Go Back   Heroscapers > Custom HeroScape Creations > Custom Units & Army Cards > AotV Customs
AotV Customs A place for Arena of the Valkyrie Customs

Notices

Old May 17th, 2020, 11:03 PM
My six-year-old sister-in-law calls the shots

caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth
Re: [Pod 0] Tetsuo Tyrell (Jace, Investigator) - Design

Ne-Gok-Sa and the warwitch are uncommon nameless mooks?

Formerly known as capsocrates
--
Remixed Master Sets - challenge yourself with new terrain combinations!
--
Colorado Fall 2023 Multiplayer Madness
--
caps's Customs Redux - caps's multiplayer maps - caps's maps - Seagate

--
Continuing Classic Heroscape: C3V SoV
Old May 17th, 2020, 11:08 PM
A Happy Extradimensional Horror

Pumpkin_King is hot lava death! Pumpkin_King is hot lava death! Pumpkin_King is hot lava death! Pumpkin_King is hot lava death! Pumpkin_King is hot lava death! Pumpkin_King is hot lava death! Pumpkin_King is hot lava death! Pumpkin_King is hot lava death! Pumpkin_King is hot lava death! Pumpkin_King is hot lava death! Pumpkin_King is hot lava death! Pumpkin_King is hot lava death! Pumpkin_King is hot lava death!

I’m talking about temporary control like Enslave, not permanent like the Marro.
Old May 17th, 2020, 11:22 PM

caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth

Regardless, I don't really buy the argument.

--
--
--

--
Old May 18th, 2020, 04:00 PM

All Your Pie is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla All Your Pie is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla All Your Pie is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla All Your Pie is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla All Your Pie is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla All Your Pie is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla All Your Pie is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla All Your Pie is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla All Your Pie is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla All Your Pie is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla

Here’s a thought for how to tie Overclock and Mind Jack together—raise the roll to 18 or 19, and give him +1 for each wound marker he has. Simple, easy to track, and ties both powers together without them interfering.
Old May 18th, 2020, 04:07 PM

I like that idea.

--
--
--

--
Old May 18th, 2020, 04:13 PM

Pumpkin_King is hot lava death! Pumpkin_King is hot lava death! Pumpkin_King is hot lava death! Pumpkin_King is hot lava death! Pumpkin_King is hot lava death! Pumpkin_King is hot lava death! Pumpkin_King is hot lava death! Pumpkin_King is hot lava death! Pumpkin_King is hot lava death! Pumpkin_King is hot lava death! Pumpkin_King is hot lava death! Pumpkin_King is hot lava death! Pumpkin_King is hot lava death!

I'm okay with it.
Old May 18th, 2020, 05:19 PM

Astroking112 is a penguin with a machine gun Astroking112 is a penguin with a machine gun Astroking112 is a penguin with a machine gun Astroking112 is a penguin with a machine gun Astroking112 is a penguin with a machine gun Astroking112 is a penguin with a machine gun Astroking112 is a penguin with a machine gun Astroking112 is a penguin with a machine gun Astroking112 is a penguin with a machine gun Astroking112 is a penguin with a machine gun Astroking112 is a penguin with a machine gun Astroking112 is a penguin with a machine gun

Quote:
Originally Posted by All Your Pie View Post
Here’s a thought for how to tie Overclock and Mind Jack together—raise the roll to 18 or 19, and give him +1 for each wound marker he has. Simple, easy to track, and ties both powers together without them interfering.
My first thought was that this is unnecessary and we can get away without it, but I'm willing to test it and see how big of an impact it makes on his gameplay. It certainly makes the card more exciting, IMO.

If we're giving +1 for each of his wounds, then I think that bumping up Mind Jack to 19 or higher is a good starting point.

It's worth noting that the current draft of the Soul-Guides revives characters with 1 Life, which is a big boost here. I'm not super concerned because if he loses initiative then that 2 defense probably isn't going to hold out, but the interaction is worth noting.

That leaves us with:
Quote:
Tetsuo Tyrell
Human
Unique Hero
Neuromancer
Tricky
Medium 5

LIFE 6
MOVE 5
RANGE 5
ATTACK 3
DEFENSE 2
110 Points

OVERCLOCK
Before attacking with Tetsuo Tyrell, you may place a wound marker on this Army Card to add 2 to his Attack value.

MIND JACK 19
When revealing an order marker on Tetsuo, after taking his turn, you may choose any opponent's Unique Hero figure within 5 clear sight spaces. Roll the 20-sided die. Add 1 to your roll for each wound marker on this card. If you roll a 19 or higher, take temporary control of the chosen Hero and immediately take a turn with that Hero. At the end of that turn, control of the chosen Hero returns to its previous owner. All order markers that were on the figure's Army Card will stay on the Army Card.
This version looks stronger than what we were toying around with previously, so I also bumped up the points a little as a starting point. It also helps justify him being a little better than the Mind Flayers at their niche, even if his glass jaw makes him tougher to use.

Any thoughts or objections to this? I'd be comfortable with sending this version back to Editing.
Old May 18th, 2020, 05:26 PM
I could go

flameslayer93 is a penguin with a machine gun flameslayer93 is a penguin with a machine gun flameslayer93 is a penguin with a machine gun flameslayer93 is a penguin with a machine gun flameslayer93 is a penguin with a machine gun flameslayer93 is a penguin with a machine gun flameslayer93 is a penguin with a machine gun flameslayer93 is a penguin with a machine gun flameslayer93 is a penguin with a machine gun flameslayer93 is a penguin with a machine gun flameslayer93 is a penguin with a machine gun flameslayer93 is a penguin with a machine gun

I think we’ll find him costing a bit more than 110, but this is a workable card.

My customs.
NE Ohio Tourney - TBA
SW Ohio Tourney - NHSD 550 points
AotV - Colliding the minis of AotP with the world of HS.
Old May 18th, 2020, 05:29 PM

I like the idea of moving forward with this. Hopefully it feels better in playtesting.

--
--
--

--
Old May 18th, 2020, 05:39 PM

All Your Pie is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla All Your Pie is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla All Your Pie is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla All Your Pie is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla All Your Pie is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla All Your Pie is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla All Your Pie is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla All Your Pie is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla All Your Pie is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla All Your Pie is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla

The soul guides actually prompted this thought from me. Since we’ll be testing them with some figures that care about wounds anyway, it might be fun to have some of that soft synergy in this set. I’m happy with the current proposed card.
Old May 18th, 2020, 05:45 PM

Yeah I'm willing to go ahead with this.
Old May 18th, 2020, 08:24 PM
"our design team knows what it's doing"

NecroBlade is a man of the cloth NecroBlade is a man of the cloth NecroBlade is a man of the cloth NecroBlade is a man of the cloth NecroBlade is a man of the cloth NecroBlade is a man of the cloth NecroBlade is a man of the cloth NecroBlade is a man of the cloth NecroBlade is a man of the cloth NecroBlade is a man of the cloth NecroBlade is a man of the cloth NecroBlade is a man of the cloth NecroBlade is a man of the cloth NecroBlade is a man of the cloth NecroBlade is a man of the cloth

Quote:
Originally Posted by Astroking112 View Post
That leaves us with:
Quote:
Tetsuo Tyrell
Human
Unique Hero
Neuromancer
Tricky
Medium 5

LIFE 6
MOVE 5
RANGE 5
ATTACK 3
DEFENSE 2
110 Points

OVERCLOCK
Before attacking with Tetsuo Tyrell, you may place a wound marker on this Army Card to add 2 to his Attack value.

MIND JACK 19
When revealing an order marker on Tetsuo, after taking his turn, you may choose any opponent's Unique Hero figure within 5 clear sight spaces. Roll the 20-sided die. Add 1 to your roll for each wound marker on this card. If you roll a 19 or higher, take temporary control of the chosen Hero and immediately take a turn with that Hero. At the end of that turn, control of the chosen Hero returns to its previous owner. All order markers that were on the figure's Army Card will stay on the Army Card.
I like that inter-power synergy. I'll even ignore the 5 Range in order to get him moving again.

Arena of the Valkyire - Help create Heroscape's next Master Set!
Trade List
C3V Brainstorm
never not funny
Pepperony - 14/09/13

Last edited by NecroBlade; May 18th, 2020 at 08:26 PM. Reason: OP

Go Back   Heroscapers > Custom HeroScape Creations > Custom Units & Army Cards > AotV Customs