Heroscapers
Go Back   Heroscapers > Marvel Legends HeroScape > Comic Hero Custom Creations
Comic Hero Custom Creations Any comic book customs and the discussions surrounding them

Old July 11th, 2008, 09:13 PM

crispy66 Woo who?
Re: Crispy's Custom Cards: Sunfire, Nighthawk, Executioner

I have played with the Moon Night card, and I find it unsatisfying (no offense, GreyOwl - I really love your cards) - I always forget to put the token on/take the token off. I think it is a brilliant way to try to make a night-based character playable in this game, but I am more of a simulation-guy. I want a night fight, with limited visibility, rain pouring down in sheets as thick as lead, lightnin' flashin' and thunder crashin' - sorry, got carried away.

Anyway. my point. A night fight. Where night-fighters have an advantage, and day-fighters are hindered. Not really gonna work for Heroscape, as the point values will not be as useful on a tilted battlefield, but think how much fun Batman, Moon Night, Blade, Daredevil and Nighthawk could have in their home environment.

I would have a die roll at the start of the game for overall conditions (full moon, overcast, no moon), then a roll each round for visibility (e.g. as clouds cover the moon, visibility drops, etc.) then use the visibility number to limit the line of sight for ranged attacks. Streetlights, flares, fires, etc will have a halo of light that allows anyone inside the halo to be seen, but prevents them from seeing out of.

Probably too involved for most people. I cut my teeth on Squad Leader, and I never really lost the taste for that kind of detail.

The best solution is to just let every hero be 'in his environment' at all times. So, for Nighthawk, it is always night. Just not for his enemies.

I'll shut up now.
Old July 12th, 2008, 07:37 PM
"Mr. Zettian Handshake"

Jonathan knows what's in an order marker Jonathan knows what's in an order marker

Hey, man, it's your thread

As to the night rules, if you come up with them and post them, I'll most likely try them out, I just can't wrap my brain around coming up with some myself right now. Still a good idea - don't get discouraged - please make some rules
Old July 29th, 2008, 10:18 AM

crispy66 Woo who?

Did a fun night fight last night. I'll start a thread on it separately.

Here is a new card, and I am interested, as always, in feedback.

These would be your typical faceless followers of the supervillain of the day.
Old July 30th, 2008, 07:21 AM
C3G Hero

whitestuff is a penguin with a machine gun whitestuff is a penguin with a machine gun whitestuff is a penguin with a machine gun whitestuff is a penguin with a machine gun whitestuff is a penguin with a machine gun whitestuff is a penguin with a machine gun whitestuff is a penguin with a machine gun whitestuff is a penguin with a machine gun whitestuff is a penguin with a machine gun whitestuff is a penguin with a machine gun whitestuff is a penguin with a machine gun
Re: Crispy's Custom Cards: Henchmen

I like your Henchmen.

I think that a d20 roll for the 'Loyal Lackeys' would make more sense. (11 or higher would give you the same percentage chance)

'Better In Groups' is an odd sort of name for a special. What about Henchmen Onslaught or Gang Warfare?

Non-Valiant is a bit odd as well.

Everything else is great.
Old July 30th, 2008, 08:36 AM

crispy66 Woo who?

Whitestuff,

Thanks for the great feedback!

"Better in Groups" is an odd name. I agree. I was unconscious when I wrote that. Or it was my evil twin. Take your pick.
"Gang Warfare". Nice. I'll change it.

"Non-valiant"? Eh. Likewise, this is weak. I looked at the list of possibilities, and nothing really caught my interest. I know that "...criminals are a cowardly, superstitious lot" (Batman 3:16), but "cowardly" and "superstitious" was not available. (Maybe I missed it.) "Loyal" also comes to mind, and I could have the owner link each squad of Henchmen to a certain Unique Hero, who then becomes the one activated by "Loyal Lackeys 11".

I skipped the D20 roll 'cause I am lazy, and writing all that out for a 50% chance that a Skull will give you made me want to puke.

Yeah, I'm at work today, and I've got an attitude.
Old July 30th, 2008, 08:40 AM
C3G Hero

whitestuff is a penguin with a machine gun whitestuff is a penguin with a machine gun whitestuff is a penguin with a machine gun whitestuff is a penguin with a machine gun whitestuff is a penguin with a machine gun whitestuff is a penguin with a machine gun whitestuff is a penguin with a machine gun whitestuff is a penguin with a machine gun whitestuff is a penguin with a machine gun whitestuff is a penguin with a machine gun whitestuff is a penguin with a machine gun

Cool, you have a doppelganger? I always wanted one of those...

Why would "cowardly" and "superstitious" be unavailable? Pick the word that best suits I say.

Write in the d20 roll bit, you'll feel better about yourself if you do.
Old July 30th, 2008, 10:13 AM

crispy66 Woo who?

OK, I updated it. Uploading the new image.
Old July 30th, 2008, 10:18 AM

crispy66 Woo who?

...but I didn't do the d20 thing yet.

Hey, I know we are trying to emulate the 'official' language and all, but I get a bit shaky when I have to type '..the 20-sided die...' instead of 'd20' on a card where text space is at a premium. Can we agree that 'd20' is acceptable? Then I'll be OK with the change.

Mostly kidding here, you know. But I do guard my space on the card.

The doppleganger thing is cool, but you have to work out signals with the wife to avoid, um, embarrassing situations. She quizzes me every week or so to make sure I haven't been 'replaced'.
Old August 2nd, 2008, 08:15 AM

crispy66 Woo who?

I updated the card today after a disastrous playtest last night. Essentially, they were slaughtered, and the main effect of the 'Loyal Lackeys' ability was the inability of the Unique Hero to support them. I decided to make this an automatic turn with the 'Boss' Hero. Increased move to 5 and attack to 3, so that they can have some punch when attacking as a group. Probably too strong now.
Old August 2nd, 2008, 09:05 AM
C3G Hero

Quote:
Originally Posted by crispy66 View Post
I updated the card today after a disastrous playtest last night. Essentially, they were slaughtered, and the main effect of the 'Loyal Lackeys' ability was the inability of the Unique Hero to support them. I decided to make this an automatic turn with the 'Boss' Hero. Increased move to 5 and attack to 3, so that they can have some punch when attacking as a group. Probably too strong now.
Having them slaughtered is the point though isn't it? With an attack of 3, their combined gang attack would be 9 which is too big. I'd leave it at 2 and give them a +1 bonus (attack and defense) if they are adjacent to the 'boss', but if they have the +1, they couldn't use the gang attack. The move of 5 is OK. If anything, I'd drop their point cost and leave their stats as is.
Old August 2nd, 2008, 11:50 AM

crispy66 Woo who?

Yeah, probably right. They got slaughtered, and they did manage to inflict a wound or two. I'll post it soon. Thanks for the good feedback!
Old August 3rd, 2008, 10:34 AM

hi1hi1hi1hi1 wears ripped pants of awesomeness hi1hi1hi1hi1 wears ripped pants of awesomeness hi1hi1hi1hi1 wears ripped pants of awesomeness hi1hi1hi1hi1 wears ripped pants of awesomeness hi1hi1hi1hi1 wears ripped pants of awesomeness hi1hi1hi1hi1 wears ripped pants of awesomeness hi1hi1hi1hi1 wears ripped pants of awesomeness

HENCHMEN
Ok it's my turn. I like the Loyal Lackeys and Cannon Fodder abilities, but Gang Warefare may get a little tricky not being a special attack. For instance, how do you determine height advantage if 2 Lackey is higher and 1 is lower. Likewise in that situation, their combined attacks would be a 8 instead of a six, because technically two of the figures have height advantage and so roll an extra die. If you add other attack bonuses, like Glyphs and other Special Abilities, Gang Warefare could easily become insanely good. At the very least, determining height advantage needs to be addressed.

With Cannon Fodder, I would suggest slight rewording to make it more official. "If the Boss is adjacent to a Henchman and is attacked, roll the 20-sided die. If you roll a 13 or higher, the Henchman may defend the attack."

Go Back   Heroscapers > Marvel Legends HeroScape > Comic Hero Custom Creations