Heroscapers
Go Back   Heroscapers > Custom HeroScape Creations > Custom Units & Army Cards > C3V and SoV Customs
C3V and SoV Customs A place for C3V and SoV customs

Notices

Old November 16th, 2010, 01:00 PM
Is a Tingly Soldier of Valhalla

Killometer is hot lava death! Killometer is hot lava death! Killometer is hot lava death! Killometer is hot lava death! Killometer is hot lava death! Killometer is hot lava death! Killometer is hot lava death! Killometer is hot lava death! Killometer is hot lava death! Killometer is hot lava death! Killometer is hot lava death! Killometer is hot lava death! Killometer is hot lava death!
Re: Soldiers of Valhalla-nominations and discussion

All of krysto2002's nominations except for the Swarm Gruts have received at least 3 NOs and are therefore removed from the process.

robbdaman's Gor'Vath has received more than the required 4 YES votes needed to move on to being reviewed. Congrats!

130-96-0 (4/13/09-1/14/24)
36-16-0 (10/17/09-12/9/23)

Last edited by Killometer; December 4th, 2010 at 02:13 PM.
Old November 16th, 2010, 01:10 PM
The Guy That Thinks Runa is Good (and has actually won games with her)

killercactus is hot lava death! killercactus is hot lava death! killercactus is hot lava death! killercactus is hot lava death! killercactus is hot lava death! killercactus is hot lava death! killercactus is hot lava death! killercactus is hot lava death! killercactus is hot lava death! killercactus is hot lava death! killercactus is hot lava death! killercactus is hot lava death! killercactus is hot lava death! killercactus is hot lava death!

In regards to the Addver Venom hate:

Remember that Venom ONLY works against multi-life heroes, though, and he still has to push a wound through with his attack of 3, and he has to actually make it into engagement without Disengage. Against squads, it's completely useless and, on top of that, his paralyzing stare isn't very effective against squad figures either. Plus, if he poisons a hero with a Special Attack, the range and attack nerfs don't even work.

With just 3 life and 3 defense, squads are going to rip this guy to shreds long before he can engage a big hero to use his powers. Raelin will help, his it's tough since he's melee to keep her around, plus I think she has better things to do than boost a 50 Point hero.

I still don't think the Arrow Gruts need the bonding, though. Swogs, Krug, Mimring and the Ice Troll are more than enough IMO.

Like battle reports? Click Tourney Reports (New 10/21/2012 - Cutters / Brutes!)
KC's Maps
Click KC's Customs
Scaper of the Week #57
Old November 16th, 2010, 02:09 PM
Sally Struthers' other brother

robbdaman is a penguin with a machine gun robbdaman is a penguin with a machine gun robbdaman is a penguin with a machine gun robbdaman is a penguin with a machine gun robbdaman is a penguin with a machine gun robbdaman is a penguin with a machine gun robbdaman is a penguin with a machine gun robbdaman is a penguin with a machine gun robbdaman is a penguin with a machine gun robbdaman is a penguin with a machine gun robbdaman is a penguin with a machine gun robbdaman is a penguin with a machine gun

Don't forget Gor'vath's Character Bio: Reveling in destruction and driven to ensue chaos Gor'Vath was a double edged sword discovery for Utgar. Gor'Vath's mere presense to his enemies and allies make them sick to their stomach. For this reason alone few in Utgar's army wish to battle along side of him though they understand his purpose and usefulness. Gor'Vath wades into battle his only pleasure is in crushing all who he opposes.

I think the Arrow Gruts could use him well, in my own playtesting he made them more effective with his Fetid ability. Their one dice of attack more often allowed them to kill off other squad units. Squads like Krav Maga, Stingers, 4th and 10th still tear them up and jack up Gor'vath too.

C3V and SoV! Fanscape r0xxorz!!
Old November 16th, 2010, 02:24 PM
Online HS Season 1 Champion & 'scape's foremost 'scapegoat

Filthy the Clown is a penguin with a machine gun Filthy the Clown is a penguin with a machine gun Filthy the Clown is a penguin with a machine gun Filthy the Clown is a penguin with a machine gun Filthy the Clown is a penguin with a machine gun Filthy the Clown is a penguin with a machine gun Filthy the Clown is a penguin with a machine gun Filthy the Clown is a penguin with a machine gun Filthy the Clown is a penguin with a machine gun Filthy the Clown is a penguin with a machine gun Filthy the Clown is a penguin with a machine gun

I would like to nominate my own Priscus, Gladiator Hero.

Soldiers of Valhalla Induction Reports for Priscus

Spoiler Alert!

Criteria
Spoiler Alert!

Additional information in regards to Priscus (including a painting guide, suggested armies, and other playtesting feedback) can be found at my customs thread.

NOTE: I originally playtested Priscus by painting a red crest on the helmet of one of my Capuans. For those wanting to only slightly alter their chosen Capuan sculpt, this could be an easy way to 'create' Priscus, while still using the sculpt as a Capuan squad member (you can always swap out the sculpt for your first casualty of the game).

Thanks in advance for the consideration!

Last edited by Filthy the Clown; February 14th, 2011 at 09:16 AM. Reason: Added Induction Reports for reference.
Old November 16th, 2010, 02:34 PM
Tickle Pickle

tcglkn is a man of the cloth tcglkn is a man of the cloth tcglkn is a man of the cloth tcglkn is a man of the cloth tcglkn is a man of the cloth tcglkn is a man of the cloth tcglkn is a man of the cloth tcglkn is a man of the cloth tcglkn is a man of the cloth tcglkn is a man of the cloth tcglkn is a man of the cloth tcglkn is a man of the cloth tcglkn is a man of the cloth tcglkn is a man of the cloth tcglkn is a man of the cloth

I think all nominations should be like this, explaining the costing and how he is usable and not just a copy of another hero.
Old November 16th, 2010, 02:37 PM

Lamaclown is hot lava death! Lamaclown is hot lava death! Lamaclown is hot lava death! Lamaclown is hot lava death! Lamaclown is hot lava death! Lamaclown is hot lava death! Lamaclown is hot lava death! Lamaclown is hot lava death! Lamaclown is hot lava death! Lamaclown is hot lava death! Lamaclown is hot lava death! Lamaclown is hot lava death! Lamaclown is hot lava death!

Quote:
Originally Posted by tcglkn View Post
I think all nominations should be like this, explaining the costing and how he is usable and not just a copy of another hero.
Check out FtC's thread. He goes even further there. He does a very good job of thinking through his creations.

NOTE:
This is not a Yes to review vote, yet. Just lauding FtC's attention to detail.
Old November 16th, 2010, 03:23 PM
quoting myself - insanity beckons

nyys is a man of the cloth nyys is a man of the cloth nyys is a man of the cloth nyys is a man of the cloth nyys is a man of the cloth nyys is a man of the cloth nyys is a man of the cloth nyys is a man of the cloth nyys is a man of the cloth nyys is a man of the cloth nyys is a man of the cloth nyys is a man of the cloth nyys is a man of the cloth nyys is a man of the cloth nyys is a man of the cloth

Priscus by Filthy

Simple = better. Yes to review.

My only reservation is that I would have to 'destroy' one of my Capuan squads to use him. Would love to see some alternative sculpts if they're out there.

-insert signature here-
Old November 16th, 2010, 03:35 PM
Dad_Scaper Dad_Scaper is offline. Isn't that smurfy?
Enjoy the Sausage

Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth

NYYS, I was wondering if a little paint might be enough to satisfy the needs of both cards. Skip the scissors, paint with a light touch, and you have a sculpt that maybe could go both ways.

Anyway, a big to review from me for Priscus.

The designs of the Age of Annihilation, and their ACES compatibility with VC
C3V "Easily the best quality classic customs I have ever seen."
= =
Old November 16th, 2010, 03:45 PM
Fully Baked

krysto2002 knows what's in an order marker krysto2002 knows what's in an order marker

This is what happens when I turn my back for a few seconds...
Sorry about Gordyrr, he is actually supposed to be around 185-195, that's a typo I'm glad someone caught.

As for the argument to Asmodeus' name... people, go out and read more! Asmodeus Poisonteeth is the giant adder (by comparison) from Redwall, so take that up with Brian Jaques, not me. The cards do all need rewording, but since I only get 1-2 comments on my actual cards that's pretty tough to do. He's also very fragile, considering he's smaller, slower and weaker all around the MBS, so if he even get close enough to a hero to poison it, then it's probably the fault of the player for allowing themselves to fall in such a position... that's just me.

Next, as for the AG bonding, that is something I pointed out, but it is not the intent of the units (even though someone just pointed out that another nominated unit would do well with AGs...). I was not looking to fill a niche, it is the class I best thought fit the unit, in fact I have another squad coming (eventually).
Not to mention the majority of the NO's came from the exact same people, multiple times, who were well mistaken on quite a few points. I'm willing to reword, the core function is what I'm proposing to you guys. You're walls of text simplified down to the no just seem a bit off to me.

The Einar's Centurions I decided to rename Einar's Finest and change the ability name, as well as reduce the effect of some abilities.

The blood raptors are meant to be a cheap easy to collect unit that would be fun to play. Their only function aside from the normal ability of moving and attacking is their ability to call other raptors to their side, which doesn't HAVE to be the attacked unit, just one the attacker is engaged with.

I don't see why some of you still seem to hate some of these units, if yu want me to touch them up, that is my purpose for showing them to you, since with no feedback I have no way of doing so. Now I know, so if any of you like the general unit, just say so and I'll fix it as need be.

Sorry for the rant, this is, yet again, another terrible day for me.

Sometimes, you just have to start over.
Old November 16th, 2010, 04:03 PM

Lamaclown is hot lava death! Lamaclown is hot lava death! Lamaclown is hot lava death! Lamaclown is hot lava death! Lamaclown is hot lava death! Lamaclown is hot lava death! Lamaclown is hot lava death! Lamaclown is hot lava death! Lamaclown is hot lava death! Lamaclown is hot lava death! Lamaclown is hot lava death! Lamaclown is hot lava death! Lamaclown is hot lava death!

I took a closer look at Priscus...
to review.

If an alternate fig is out there it would be nice as I am gladiatorally challenged (I only have one squad). If not, DS' solution works fine. However, great job on giving instructions for the repaint!
Old November 16th, 2010, 04:40 PM
Dad_Scaper Dad_Scaper is offline. Isn't that smurfy?
Enjoy the Sausage

Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth

Krysto, please don't worry too much about criticism your units have received here.

My sense is there is something else going on outside your 'Scape customs right now, and that something is bothering you a fair bit. I hope whatever it is resolves in the right way and in a good way for you.

I think your customs were good and each one had some very interesting mechanics.

It's good to see you are aware that the language needs to be tightened on some of them. I wonder whether you weren't also in places putting too many good ideas on one card.

Anyway, you mustn't, mustn't, mustn't feel bad. As I wrote earlier in the thread, the board is loaded with quality, fun customs that might just not make the cut here because we are looking for something else. You *had* interesting mechanics and good sculpts. What I think you hadn't done sufficiently, in broad terms, is edit.

Peel away the extra stuff to make a card that is more sleek and easier to understand. Or, in the alternative, keep doing what you're doing and have fun with it, because your customs are fun and should not be a chore. Don't let us get in the way of doing what brings you satisfaction.

Don't feel bad, for heaven's sake.

Cheers!

The designs of the Age of Annihilation, and their ACES compatibility with VC
C3V "Easily the best quality classic customs I have ever seen."
= =

Last edited by Dad_Scaper; November 16th, 2010 at 05:27 PM.
Old November 16th, 2010, 05:14 PM
Is a Tingly Soldier of Valhalla

Killometer is hot lava death! Killometer is hot lava death! Killometer is hot lava death! Killometer is hot lava death! Killometer is hot lava death! Killometer is hot lava death! Killometer is hot lava death! Killometer is hot lava death! Killometer is hot lava death! Killometer is hot lava death! Killometer is hot lava death! Killometer is hot lava death! Killometer is hot lava death!

YES to review Priscus.

Filthy the Clown's Priscus has received 4 YES votes, so it moves on to being reviewed. Congrats.

Quote:
Originally Posted by krysto2002 View Post
Not to mention the majority of the NO's came from the exact same people, multiple times, who were well mistaken on quite a few points. I'm willing to reword, the core function is what I'm proposing to you guys. You're walls of text simplified down to the no just seem a bit off to me.
I'm sorry if you misunderstood the purpose of the SoV, krysto, but it is not to help refine works-in-progress. We are here to identify custom units that are ready to play.

As far as judges voting no multiple times, you nominated multiple units, and each judge has to vote on each one.

130-96-0 (4/13/09-1/14/24)
36-16-0 (10/17/09-12/9/23)

Last edited by Killometer; December 4th, 2010 at 02:12 PM.

Go Back   Heroscapers > Custom HeroScape Creations > Custom Units & Army Cards > C3V and SoV Customs