Heroscapers
Go Back   Heroscapers > Off-Topic > Other Media > Movies
Movies Not Heroscape-related.

Notices

Old August 28th, 2018, 04:27 PM

chas is a man of the cloth chas is a man of the cloth chas is a man of the cloth chas is a man of the cloth chas is a man of the cloth chas is a man of the cloth chas is a man of the cloth chas is a man of the cloth chas is a man of the cloth chas is a man of the cloth chas is a man of the cloth chas is a man of the cloth chas is a man of the cloth chas is a man of the cloth chas is a man of the cloth
Avengers Infinity War: Speculation (Spoilers)

AVENGERS INFINITY WAR SPECULATION (Spoilers)

Recently I completed my Marvel DVD collection with most of the Marvel movies of the last year and a half or so. Re watching the six flics in order, I was enjoying connecting them up more directly. For Avengers Infinity War, I found that I wasn't remembering who had died in Thanos's "random half extinction" of humanity at the end of the picture. Also, another pal had noted that the original cinematic Avengers all survived, which is true. Now that we have half a hear to Captain Marvel and Avengers 4 (yet untitled), there's plenty of time to speculate on what we think might happen when the Avengers' Adventure continues.

Let's start out with the roster of which Avengers/Allies are still alive:

AVENGERS INFINITY WAR CASUALTIES
By Chas

ALIVE

Iron Man
Captain America
Thor
Hulk
Black Widow
Hawkeye (?)
War Machine
Rocket Raccoon
Nebula
Gamora (Child in Soul Gem)
Ant Man (Subatomic--see Ant Man and the Wasp)
(+) Captain Marvel

DEAD

Vision
Scarlet Witch
Dr. Strange
Falcon
Black Panther
Bucky
Spiderman
Nick Fury
Maria Hill
Wasp (?)
Loki
Starlord
Drax
Groot
Mantis
Odin (Thor Ragnarok)
Heimdal (TR)
Warriors Three (TR)

So that's where we are at for a basic cast for the next Avengers & Friends.

On the internet, they are saying that it will have an even larger cast of named characters. And it does seem that this movie will be in a sense the Grand Finale of the previous films, after which Guardians of the Galaxy 3 will introduce many more Marvel Cosmic characters not yet brought to the screen, and herald the coming of the Marvel Cosmic Universe (Adam Warlock, The High Evolutionary, Nova, The Eternals, etc.).

Will Lady Death show up for Thanos to woo? Will the original cinematic Avengers get their last blast of action as a group? What do you think?
Old August 28th, 2018, 05:06 PM
Fan Fiction Prompt Master

Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth
Re: Avengers Infinity War: Speculation (Spoilers)

Just going off how the comics played out, I suspect that somehow Nebula will get hold of the Gauntlet and reverse everything Thanos did. This will probably involve Ant-Man and Ms. Marvel in some way.

Many suspect that time will be reversed opening up the possibility of a re-match where the Avengers win.

I would be surprised if Lady Death shows up, I believe Red Skull sort of filled that position.
Old August 28th, 2018, 05:39 PM

Astroking112 is a penguin with a machine gun Astroking112 is a penguin with a machine gun Astroking112 is a penguin with a machine gun Astroking112 is a penguin with a machine gun Astroking112 is a penguin with a machine gun Astroking112 is a penguin with a machine gun Astroking112 is a penguin with a machine gun Astroking112 is a penguin with a machine gun Astroking112 is a penguin with a machine gun Astroking112 is a penguin with a machine gun Astroking112 is a penguin with a machine gun Astroking112 is a penguin with a machine gun

Quote:
Originally Posted by chas View Post
ALIVE
Gamora (Child in Soul Gem)
I haven't seen the movies in a while, but I don't remember anything like this other than the flashbacks to Gamora's childhood. Are you saying that the child is still alive in the Soul Gem (and if so, how do we know this)?

As for speculation, I'm certain that all of the people who died at the end will be brought back before the final battle (or perhaps during it), rallying to defeat Thanos as they escape from the Soul Gem. There are too many sequels and merchandising opportunities relying on these characters for me to believe that any major character (outside of ones with complete arcs like Tony Stark or Captain America) won't be in the franchise in the future.

The only iffy one who might not be revived is Gamora, since we saw her physical body die separately from the rest, but the recent controversy about Guardians Vol. 3 makes me think that her character is still intended to play a role in the final installment of that trilogy.
Old August 28th, 2018, 06:23 PM

chas is a man of the cloth chas is a man of the cloth chas is a man of the cloth chas is a man of the cloth chas is a man of the cloth chas is a man of the cloth chas is a man of the cloth chas is a man of the cloth chas is a man of the cloth chas is a man of the cloth chas is a man of the cloth chas is a man of the cloth chas is a man of the cloth chas is a man of the cloth chas is a man of the cloth

Toward the end of the movie, Thanos walks on liquid in a surreal yellowish environment, where the child asks him "Did you do it?" "Yes." "What did it cost?" "Everything."
Old August 28th, 2018, 06:29 PM

Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth

Orange, I believe. Many say they are in the Soul Gem.
Old August 28th, 2018, 07:42 PM

Astroking112 is a penguin with a machine gun Astroking112 is a penguin with a machine gun Astroking112 is a penguin with a machine gun Astroking112 is a penguin with a machine gun Astroking112 is a penguin with a machine gun Astroking112 is a penguin with a machine gun Astroking112 is a penguin with a machine gun Astroking112 is a penguin with a machine gun Astroking112 is a penguin with a machine gun Astroking112 is a penguin with a machine gun Astroking112 is a penguin with a machine gun Astroking112 is a penguin with a machine gun

Ah, I had completely forgotten about that scene. I interpreted it more as a representation of the sacrifices that he made, rather than a suggestion that Child Gamora might be returning from the Soul Gem (though it would be an interesting twist to bring her back instead of normal Gamora through reasoning that only the version Thanos most cared about was placed inside of the stone or something like that).

If that scene is indeed taking place inside of the Soul Stone, then that does open up more possibilities for the rest of the cast having a larger role in the next movie before getting revived, though.
Old August 28th, 2018, 08:28 PM

You will also notice that Thanos is not wearing the Gauntlet in that scene.
Old August 28th, 2018, 08:51 PM

Didn't we see the gauntlet broken at the end of the film, or something to that extent? I was under the impression that his snap expended most of its energy, but maybe the gems were simply somewhere else or I imagined things.
Old August 28th, 2018, 09:06 PM

That is before entering the Soul Gem.

A cloud can change its semblance, yet retain its will
With the intimacy of destruction, One knows what it is to be alive
The empty sky holds no reflection, for sorrow
- Eslo Rudkey
Old August 28th, 2018, 09:58 PM

shaolin knows what's in an order marker shaolin knows what's in an order marker shaolin knows what's in an order marker

Quote:
Originally Posted by Astroking112 View Post
Didn't we see the gauntlet broken at the end of the film, or something to that extent? I was under the impression that his snap expended most of its energy, but maybe the gems were simply somewhere else or I imagined things.
The gauntlet itself looked mangled. He was still able to teleport out of there though. Maybe they can’t be used at the same time again (at least with that gauntlet)?

Go Back   Heroscapers > Off-Topic > Other Media > Movies