Heroscapers
Go Back   Heroscapers > Arena of the Planeswalkers: MtG > AotP General Discussion
AotP General Discussion General discussions of packaging, terrain, components, etc. If it doesn't fit in any other official category, put it here.

Old October 17th, 2014, 08:27 PM
Online HS Seasons 3 and 7 Champion

Foudzing is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Foudzing is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Foudzing is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Foudzing is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Foudzing is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Foudzing is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Foudzing is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Foudzing is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Foudzing is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Foudzing is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla
Re: Magic: the Gathering Strategy Board Game (Looks HeroScap

Here's where I am getting:

13 pages in one day on a topic which isn't even about Heroscape whereas the forum has never been so quiet.

You alls talk about "this will revive Heroscape blahblah" but gentlemen the reason why Heroscape (and this site) is dying is not because it's not produced anymore. It's because you need more new stuff to buy or you stop playing.

You all think Heroscape needs new stuff to regularly come out to survive. More than that I think Heroscape needs players...
You all think about buying this thing whereas I am pretty sure you haven't explored 30% of your collection possibilities yet. One over two games I still find some new stuff (synergies, strategies etc..) which can be about a figure released 8 years ago.

Would you buy this thing if Heroscape was still produced? I am pretty sure it's a no for the majority of you.
You are all excited and impatient to buy it because you're in need.

Any drug dealer will tell you that once a junkie is in need, you can sell him cat's herb at 500$ the ounce and he'll be happy. That's exactly what WotC are doing.

I don't see any downside of this for Heroscape neither but hey there is just a new about a game that will look like Heroscape and boom everyone is back on the site like it's magic.

It would be better if, instead of hoping that Heroscape will be revived with new stuff, you keep Heroscape alive yourself.

Last edited by Foudzing; October 17th, 2014 at 08:43 PM.
Old October 17th, 2014, 08:38 PM
Online HS Season 12 Champ, But Still Three-N-Two

MegaSilver is a man of the cloth MegaSilver is a man of the cloth MegaSilver is a man of the cloth MegaSilver is a man of the cloth MegaSilver is a man of the cloth MegaSilver is a man of the cloth MegaSilver is a man of the cloth MegaSilver is a man of the cloth MegaSilver is a man of the cloth MegaSilver is a man of the cloth MegaSilver is a man of the cloth MegaSilver is a man of the cloth MegaSilver is a man of the cloth MegaSilver is a man of the cloth MegaSilver is a man of the cloth

Excellent post, Foudzing.

(For those not familiar with Foudzing outside of the OHS forums, while his posts may seem brash, that's not his intention most of the time.)
Old October 17th, 2014, 08:47 PM

fomox is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla fomox is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla fomox is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla fomox is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla fomox is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla fomox is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla fomox is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla fomox is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla fomox is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla fomox is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla

Quote:
Originally Posted by Foudzing View Post
13 pages in one day on a topic which isn't even about Heroscape whereas the forum was never so quiet.

You alls talk about "this will revive Heroscape blahblah" but gentlemen the reason why Heroscape (and this site) is dying is not because it's not produced anymore. It's because you need more new stuff to buy or you stop playing.

You all think Heroscape needs new stuff to regularly come out to survive. More than that I think Heroscape needs players...
You all think about buying this thing whereas I am pretty sure you haven't explored 30% of your collection possibilities yet. One over two games I still find some new stuff (synergies, strategies etc..) which can be about a figure released 8 years ago.

Any drug dealer will tell you that once a junkie is in need, you can sell him cat's herb at 500$ the once and he'll be happy. That's exactly what WotC are doing.
Dude, who are you talking about? Is there a single poster in this thread that, as you say, has stopped playing?

Look, this is news. It may be bad news, it may be good news, but it's news. And we haven't had any news of this type in a long time. Of course people are interested in discussing it.

Just because people are active in different threads than you are, you get to judge how they play? Or if they play enough to be allowed an opinion? Wow.... just.... wow....

I don't see a single person who has suggested the things you're saying. Can you help me find the "needs new product to survive" comments? The "I've stopped playing" comments?

As far as people enjoying buying new product. Yes. Most of us on here do enjoy that! Did you stop after wave 1 or something? Where is the appropriate place to stop buying so we can be "true heroscapers" like you and only explore the old units?
(Some of the most active parts of this site are the customs...which is people interested in new stuff, isn't it?)

If you're still upset with the way WotC (or Hasbro) handled Heroscape, hey, get in line. But why are you ripping on people for simply talking? If it's not your thing, cool. I just don't get the anger. No one is killing heroscape or this site by posting here. Goosfraba, man....goosfraba...
Old October 17th, 2014, 08:49 PM

MegaSilver is a man of the cloth MegaSilver is a man of the cloth MegaSilver is a man of the cloth MegaSilver is a man of the cloth MegaSilver is a man of the cloth MegaSilver is a man of the cloth MegaSilver is a man of the cloth MegaSilver is a man of the cloth MegaSilver is a man of the cloth MegaSilver is a man of the cloth MegaSilver is a man of the cloth MegaSilver is a man of the cloth MegaSilver is a man of the cloth MegaSilver is a man of the cloth MegaSilver is a man of the cloth

Quote:
Originally Posted by fomox View Post
If it's not your thing, cool. I just don't get the anger. No one is killing heroscape or this site by posting here. Goosfraba, man....goosfraba...
He's not angry. This is his usual tone. You get used to it. It's partly language barrier and partly his personality. It's usually not personal.
Old October 17th, 2014, 08:52 PM

fomox is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla fomox is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla fomox is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla fomox is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla fomox is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla fomox is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla fomox is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla fomox is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla fomox is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla fomox is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla

Quote:
Originally Posted by MegaSilver View Post
Quote:
If it's not your thing, cool. I just don't get the anger. No one is killing heroscape or this site by posting here. Goosfraba, man....goosfraba...
He's not angry. This is his usual tone. You get used to it. It's partly language barrier and partly his personality. It's usually not personal.
Ouais, c'est ca, peut-etre.
Old October 17th, 2014, 08:56 PM

Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
Ouais, c'est ca, peut-etre.
You got me; had to google that.
Old October 17th, 2014, 09:03 PM
The Dark Lord on his dark throne

Sherman Davies is a man of the cloth Sherman Davies is a man of the cloth Sherman Davies is a man of the cloth Sherman Davies is a man of the cloth Sherman Davies is a man of the cloth Sherman Davies is a man of the cloth Sherman Davies is a man of the cloth Sherman Davies is a man of the cloth Sherman Davies is a man of the cloth Sherman Davies is a man of the cloth Sherman Davies is a man of the cloth Sherman Davies is a man of the cloth Sherman Davies is a man of the cloth Sherman Davies is a man of the cloth Sherman Davies is a man of the cloth

Quote:
(For those not familiar with Foudzing outside of the OHS forums, while his posts may seem brash, that's not his intention most of the time.)
You misspelled the word "rude."

Yes, this news has brought out a few previously-dormant posters and lurkers. So what? As fomox said, this community doesn't require a loyalty oath and just because people don't post often (or as often as they used to) doesn't mean the game isn't alive for them.
Old October 17th, 2014, 09:04 PM
Et tu, Jaxet?

Jexik is a man of the cloth Jexik is a man of the cloth Jexik is a man of the cloth Jexik is a man of the cloth Jexik is a man of the cloth Jexik is a man of the cloth Jexik is a man of the cloth Jexik is a man of the cloth Jexik is a man of the cloth Jexik is a man of the cloth Jexik is a man of the cloth Jexik is a man of the cloth Jexik is a man of the cloth Jexik is a man of the cloth Jexik is a man of the cloth

Like a lot of you, I'm cautiously optimistic. I'm mostly confused by the multi-life squad figures. I hope the points line up. I'm fine with Chandra summoning Grimnak to swallow Jace Beleren whole.

Even Soulborgs could pretty much fit into the types of things you can find on MtG worlds, like Mirrodin.

(And for what it's worth, I was on this site about 3 or 4 days ago and making some posts. )

Quote:
(I've also played many matches with great, fun people who were using Q9. So using Q9 doesn't make you a tool. But being a tool sure seems to make you use Q9.)
Old October 17th, 2014, 09:04 PM

bacchus knows what's in an order marker bacchus knows what's in an order marker bacchus knows what's in an order marker

The summoning units to the board aspect sounds like another game I hazily recall, but never played. Maybe it was Dreamblade? So it sounds like primarily Hersocape elements as a base, but different enough that it will probably not make it directly compatible with Heroscape.

As others have alluded to, should be easy to adapt though, it just won't be anything 'official'.
Old October 17th, 2014, 09:08 PM
Et tu, Jaxet?

Jexik is a man of the cloth Jexik is a man of the cloth Jexik is a man of the cloth Jexik is a man of the cloth Jexik is a man of the cloth Jexik is a man of the cloth Jexik is a man of the cloth Jexik is a man of the cloth Jexik is a man of the cloth Jexik is a man of the cloth Jexik is a man of the cloth Jexik is a man of the cloth Jexik is a man of the cloth Jexik is a man of the cloth Jexik is a man of the cloth

Quote:
Originally Posted by bacchus View Post
The summoning units to the board aspect sounds like another game I hazily recall, but never played. Maybe it was Dreamblade? So it sounds like primarily Hersocape elements as a base, but different enough that it will probably not make it directly compatible with Heroscape.
To be honest, it sounds like Summoner Wars with a 3-d board. Not that Summoner Wars was the most unique concept, and it doesn't have points, but...

I also feel bad for not ever picking up any Dungeon Command stuff. It sounded like a neat game. I wonder if it's dead.

Quote:
(I've also played many matches with great, fun people who were using Q9. So using Q9 doesn't make you a tool. But being a tool sure seems to make you use Q9.)
Old October 17th, 2014, 09:09 PM
Online HS Seasons 3 and 7 Champion

Foudzing is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Foudzing is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Foudzing is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Foudzing is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Foudzing is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Foudzing is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Foudzing is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Foudzing is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Foudzing is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Foudzing is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla

Fomox, I didn't tell you to stop buying or to not talk here and like I said this news has no downside for Heroscape. I just find sad that this topic has more activity than all the forum in the last month even if I understand the excitment.

You say no one stopped playing so how do you explain all the blank hex I see on the main page of the forum? Let's face it: new stuff seems to be the main factor for Heroscape survival and I am really concerned about it.

All I say is if Heroscape needs this kind of news to get activity it'll not last long (as you said we hadn't any news of this type in a very long time).

As often I am exaggerating and like Sherman says: post =/= play. I Groosfraba.

Old October 17th, 2014, 09:32 PM
I could go

flameslayer93 is a penguin with a machine gun flameslayer93 is a penguin with a machine gun flameslayer93 is a penguin with a machine gun flameslayer93 is a penguin with a machine gun flameslayer93 is a penguin with a machine gun flameslayer93 is a penguin with a machine gun flameslayer93 is a penguin with a machine gun flameslayer93 is a penguin with a machine gun flameslayer93 is a penguin with a machine gun flameslayer93 is a penguin with a machine gun flameslayer93 is a penguin with a machine gun flameslayer93 is a penguin with a machine gun
Im sure this holds true for many players. ^_^

@Foudzing : Im still plenty excited about the game. I just don't have a lot of time to play anymore.

My customs.
NE Ohio Tourney - TBA
SW Ohio Tourney - NHSD 550 points
AotV - Colliding the minis of AotP with the world of HS.

Last edited by flameslayer93; October 17th, 2014 at 09:33 PM. Reason: I've spent a small fortune this year alone on upgrading my collection too! More stuff! <3

Go Back   Heroscapers > Arena of the Planeswalkers: MtG > AotP General Discussion