Heroscapers
Go Back   Heroscapers > Arena of the Planeswalkers: MtG > AotP General Discussion
AotP General Discussion General discussions of packaging, terrain, components, etc. If it doesn't fit in any other official category, put it here.

Notices

Old October 16th, 2014, 10:59 AM
Online HS Season 12 Champ, But Still Three-N-Two

MegaSilver is a man of the cloth MegaSilver is a man of the cloth MegaSilver is a man of the cloth MegaSilver is a man of the cloth MegaSilver is a man of the cloth MegaSilver is a man of the cloth MegaSilver is a man of the cloth MegaSilver is a man of the cloth MegaSilver is a man of the cloth MegaSilver is a man of the cloth MegaSilver is a man of the cloth MegaSilver is a man of the cloth MegaSilver is a man of the cloth MegaSilver is a man of the cloth MegaSilver is a man of the cloth
Re: Magic: the Gathering Strategy Board Game (Looks HeroScap

Visiting other sites talking about it, everyone else it saying it looks like a variation of Heroscape. So at least Heroscape it well known elsewhere.
Old October 16th, 2014, 11:11 AM

IshMEL is a penguin with a machine gun IshMEL is a penguin with a machine gun IshMEL is a penguin with a machine gun IshMEL is a penguin with a machine gun IshMEL is a penguin with a machine gun IshMEL is a penguin with a machine gun IshMEL is a penguin with a machine gun IshMEL is a penguin with a machine gun IshMEL is a penguin with a machine gun IshMEL is a penguin with a machine gun IshMEL is a penguin with a machine gun

Quote:
Originally Posted by chas View Post
A physical cookie, or a computer 'cookie?'
Either is fine, but I prefer Oreos.
Old October 16th, 2014, 11:18 AM
Baron of Beantown V

Cleon is a penguin with a machine gun Cleon is a penguin with a machine gun Cleon is a penguin with a machine gun Cleon is a penguin with a machine gun Cleon is a penguin with a machine gun Cleon is a penguin with a machine gun Cleon is a penguin with a machine gun Cleon is a penguin with a machine gun Cleon is a penguin with a machine gun Cleon is a penguin with a machine gun Cleon is a penguin with a machine gun

Quote:
Originally Posted by Grishnakh View Post
I'm just not a fan of Magic the Gathering.

I really hate it when they slap a big named, super successful line on something new (well, in this case, it just seems like heroscape) or innovative and destroys the opportunity of it being its own thing. Like how many things just turn into Star Wars oriented; I'm not a Star Wars fan (it goes without saying the original 3 movies are great, the recent 3 and pretty much everything else is terrible, it just ruins it for me) so I'm just not into it. In this case it seems like it's just riding any heroscape popularity and pushing Magic. So it's not really new, but they still are tagging a big name to it. Like really, does Magic need more things? How about try to come up with a new universe or story or characters, etc. to use fresh game mechanics/ideas.

However, it's pretty awesome for custom Heroscape. C3V will like this indeed.
Old October 16th, 2014, 11:21 AM
Dad_Scaper Dad_Scaper is offline. Isn't that smurfy?
Enjoy the Sausage

Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth

I'm not a fan of Magic, either, though I used to be. Heck, I used to run tournaments. But I'm excited for this, partly because it'll raise the profile of Heroscape and thus (hopefully) the Heroscape competitive scene. I love me some tournaments.

The designs of the Age of Annihilation, and their ACES compatibility with VC
C3V "Easily the best quality classic customs I have ever seen."
= =
Old October 16th, 2014, 11:27 AM

Scaper Nerd is surprisingly tart
Re: Scape-ish Relaunch?

So this is what WotC was going for when they took over Heroscape...

I hope this sells relatively well because I have a ton of terrain that has been collecting dust in my room for a couple years. The maps that could be make with the excess terrain will look really nice. I am cautiously optimistic .

Scaper Nerd is Sharwin Wildborn...
in the Tower of Agony..

Last edited by Scaper Nerd; October 17th, 2014 at 10:59 AM.
Old October 16th, 2014, 11:28 AM
Titleless

Grishnakh is a man of the cloth Grishnakh is a man of the cloth Grishnakh is a man of the cloth Grishnakh is a man of the cloth Grishnakh is a man of the cloth Grishnakh is a man of the cloth Grishnakh is a man of the cloth Grishnakh is a man of the cloth Grishnakh is a man of the cloth Grishnakh is a man of the cloth Grishnakh is a man of the cloth Grishnakh is a man of the cloth Grishnakh is a man of the cloth Grishnakh is a man of the cloth Grishnakh is a man of the cloth

All good points Cleon and Dad_Scaper. Let's hope, in a funny sort of way, that Magic becomes the gateway game to Heroscape. We'll get new players into the game and get figures to use as customs. Or the Magic players will look down on Heroscape as a kids game and the figures will be crappy. I guess it's way too soon to be either optimistic, or pessimistic here.
Old October 16th, 2014, 11:33 AM
Archie

Arch-vile is a man of the cloth Arch-vile is a man of the cloth Arch-vile is a man of the cloth Arch-vile is a man of the cloth Arch-vile is a man of the cloth Arch-vile is a man of the cloth Arch-vile is a man of the cloth Arch-vile is a man of the cloth Arch-vile is a man of the cloth Arch-vile is a man of the cloth Arch-vile is a man of the cloth Arch-vile is a man of the cloth Arch-vile is a man of the cloth Arch-vile is a man of the cloth Arch-vile is a man of the cloth

A ton of my college friends are big into magic, so maybe this is what's needed to get them into Heroscape.
Old October 16th, 2014, 11:49 AM

Serenity wears ripped pants of awesomeness Serenity wears ripped pants of awesomeness Serenity wears ripped pants of awesomeness Serenity wears ripped pants of awesomeness Serenity wears ripped pants of awesomeness Serenity wears ripped pants of awesomeness

Not a fan of the solid color miniatures. I wish they'd charge more and include painted minis.
Old October 16th, 2014, 12:03 PM
Online HS Season 12 Champ, But Still Three-N-Two

MegaSilver is a man of the cloth MegaSilver is a man of the cloth MegaSilver is a man of the cloth MegaSilver is a man of the cloth MegaSilver is a man of the cloth MegaSilver is a man of the cloth MegaSilver is a man of the cloth MegaSilver is a man of the cloth MegaSilver is a man of the cloth MegaSilver is a man of the cloth MegaSilver is a man of the cloth MegaSilver is a man of the cloth MegaSilver is a man of the cloth MegaSilver is a man of the cloth MegaSilver is a man of the cloth

Quote:
Originally Posted by Serenity View Post
Not a fan of the solid color miniatures. I wish they'd charge more and include painted minis.
Those are mainly mock-ups, as far as I'm aware.
Old October 16th, 2014, 12:04 PM
Trainer of n00bs

Cavalier is a man of the cloth Cavalier is a man of the cloth Cavalier is a man of the cloth Cavalier is a man of the cloth Cavalier is a man of the cloth Cavalier is a man of the cloth Cavalier is a man of the cloth Cavalier is a man of the cloth Cavalier is a man of the cloth Cavalier is a man of the cloth Cavalier is a man of the cloth Cavalier is a man of the cloth Cavalier is a man of the cloth Cavalier is a man of the cloth Cavalier is a man of the cloth

Quote:
Originally Posted by Serenity View Post
There is a painted mini in the set. I the unpainted ones are supposed to be fiery, like the Fire Elemental.
Old October 16th, 2014, 12:07 PM
Can not ignore himself because of typo - Online HS Season 2 Champion

awesomeunleashed is a penguin with a machine gun awesomeunleashed is a penguin with a machine gun awesomeunleashed is a penguin with a machine gun awesomeunleashed is a penguin with a machine gun awesomeunleashed is a penguin with a machine gun awesomeunleashed is a penguin with a machine gun awesomeunleashed is a penguin with a machine gun awesomeunleashed is a penguin with a machine gun awesomeunleashed is a penguin with a machine gun awesomeunleashed is a penguin with a machine gun awesomeunleashed is a penguin with a machine gun

Yeah @Serenity :
Spoiler Alert!

Old October 16th, 2014, 12:09 PM
Dad_Scaper Dad_Scaper is offline. Isn't that smurfy?
Enjoy the Sausage

Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth

Look at those cards. It's @#$%ing Heroscape! Squads, hit zones, everything!

The designs of the Age of Annihilation, and their ACES compatibility with VC
C3V "Easily the best quality classic customs I have ever seen."
= =

Go Back   Heroscapers > Arena of the Planeswalkers: MtG > AotP General Discussion