Heroscapers
Go Back   Heroscapers > Custom HeroScape Creations > Custom Units & Army Cards
Custom Units & Army Cards Fan-created HS army cards for units, glyphs, and equipment

Old July 14th, 2015, 12:18 AM
PuppetMaster & #2 Ranked CoNner

Dysole is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Dysole is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Dysole is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Dysole is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Dysole is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Dysole is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Dysole is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Dysole is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Dysole is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Dysole is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Dysole is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Dysole is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Dysole is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Dysole is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Dysole is a wielder of the Ban Hammer
Swap

Swap the attack and range on the special.

~Dysole, noting the figure is a bit wonky (not sure if that's a bad thing)
Old July 14th, 2015, 12:26 AM
Last :-(

Smithy Winfred wears ripped pants of awesomeness Smithy Winfred wears ripped pants of awesomeness Smithy Winfred wears ripped pants of awesomeness Smithy Winfred wears ripped pants of awesomeness Smithy Winfred wears ripped pants of awesomeness Smithy Winfred wears ripped pants of awesomeness
Re: Swap

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dysole View Post
Swap the attack and range on the special.

~Dysole, noting the figure is a bit wonky (not sure if that's a bad thing)
Thanks, forgot about that order. And ya, he is a bit wonky, but I kind of like a wonky unit every once in a while.
Old July 14th, 2015, 01:10 AM
My six-year-old sister-in-law calls the shots

caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth
Re: The Pre-SoV Workshop

I like it, but Hunter's Howl looks painful to keep track of.

Not sure about the modding part. Racheim takes about 10 minutes, but he doesn't really require any modding supplies (glue, good cutting knives, etc.)

Formerly known as capsocrates
--
Remixed Master Sets - challenge yourself with new terrain combinations!
--
Colorado Fall 2023 Multiplayer Madness
--
caps's Customs Redux - caps's multiplayer maps - caps's maps - Seagate

--
Continuing Classic Heroscape: C3V SoV
Old July 14th, 2015, 10:26 AM

Smithy Winfred wears ripped pants of awesomeness Smithy Winfred wears ripped pants of awesomeness Smithy Winfred wears ripped pants of awesomeness Smithy Winfred wears ripped pants of awesomeness Smithy Winfred wears ripped pants of awesomeness Smithy Winfred wears ripped pants of awesomeness

Quote:
Originally Posted by capsocrates View Post
I like it, but Hunter's Howl looks painful to keep track of.

Not sure about the modding part. Racheim takes about 10 minutes, but he doesn't really require any modding supplies (glue, good cutting knives, etc.)
I was thinking of making Hunters Howl a X OM power. As for the mod, I did it with a utility knife and a hot glue gun, not exactly foreign things in an everyday household. The skill involved is minimal, the most difficult thing to do is cut the gun off of the second marro, which involves actually cutting into the body itself. All the other cuts and glues are very simple. I'd consider myself an absolute novice when it comes to crafts, arts, or anything requiring a steady hand, but you can see that it did turn out well.

In the long run, I think most people would rather put a little work in, or even go out and buy crafting materials, than repaint a figure, which effectively ruins a very valuable squad. I just feel like the precedent is there, and it is a unit that almost every single person who plays Heroscape already has.
Old July 14th, 2015, 10:56 AM
Thanksgiving Custom Contest Champion

Scytale is a man of the cloth Scytale is a man of the cloth Scytale is a man of the cloth Scytale is a man of the cloth Scytale is a man of the cloth Scytale is a man of the cloth Scytale is a man of the cloth Scytale is a man of the cloth Scytale is a man of the cloth Scytale is a man of the cloth Scytale is a man of the cloth Scytale is a man of the cloth Scytale is a man of the cloth Scytale is a man of the cloth Scytale is a man of the cloth

Modding will be a no. Racheim's instructions to bend a figure to fit it on a base are one thing, cutting and gluing is something else entirely, even if the mod is simple.
Old July 14th, 2015, 11:55 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Scytale View Post
Modding will be a no. Racheim's instructions to bend a figure to fit it on a base are one thing, cutting and gluing is something else entirely, even if the mod is simple.
I understand that it hasn't been done before, but if the only reason that it can't be done is that it hasn't been done, that seems a bit odd to me. Tyrian is a much more difficult repaint, and requires a figure most would be loath to give up, not to mention most people don't have the skill or supplies to repaint figures. I totally agree that any figure using modding should be looked at with even more scrutiny on that ground, but there has been some modified figures in the past, and this mod, while more extensive than those in the past, uses figures no one would mind losing and requires little to no work, a figure that all people already have given 5 minutes of their time.

I'm not going to complain and you're in charge, so its not my place to argue, I just wish you would give it a chance, instead of throwing it away just on precedent. I have all of the respect for your work in SoV and I mean no disrespect, I'm just trying to speak my opinion on the matter.
Old July 14th, 2015, 11:56 AM
Silly quozl, dinosaurs are for orcs!

quozl is a wielder of the Ban Hammer quozl is a wielder of the Ban Hammer quozl is a wielder of the Ban Hammer quozl is a wielder of the Ban Hammer quozl is a wielder of the Ban Hammer quozl is a wielder of the Ban Hammer quozl is a wielder of the Ban Hammer quozl is a wielder of the Ban Hammer quozl is a wielder of the Ban Hammer quozl is a wielder of the Ban Hammer quozl is a wielder of the Ban Hammer quozl is a wielder of the Ban Hammer quozl is a wielder of the Ban Hammer quozl is a wielder of the Ban Hammer quozl is a wielder of the Ban Hammer

Scytale is not in charge. Each member has a vote, just like everything else submitted to the SoV.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Craig Van Ness View Post
I highly recommend C3V and C3G customs!
Old July 14th, 2015, 12:07 PM
3-Time Online HS Champion & Diplomacy Winner of Land Wars in Asia

Kinseth is hot lava death! Kinseth is hot lava death! Kinseth is hot lava death! Kinseth is hot lava death! Kinseth is hot lava death! Kinseth is hot lava death! Kinseth is hot lava death! Kinseth is hot lava death! Kinseth is hot lava death! Kinseth is hot lava death! Kinseth is hot lava death! Kinseth is hot lava death! Kinseth is hot lava death! Kinseth is hot lava death!

Do you have a tutorial on how to "Mod" this figure?

Have you tried Hexscape? 3D Heroscape Multiplayer Battle program!

Looking for a C3V/SOV miniature? Try one of these sites.
Old July 14th, 2015, 12:10 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kinseth View Post
I'm waiting for an extra Ne-Gok-Sa figure, and then I'm going to post it as I make a second copy. It requires three of the Marro Warriors (the one with the gun pointing up used as the base, the other two use the guns and heads), and Ne-Gok-Sa, using his feet, head and arm guard, then the blade as the bayonet.
Old July 14th, 2015, 12:16 PM
Dad_Scaper Dad_Scaper is offline. Isn't that smurfy?
Enjoy the Sausage

Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth

Quote:
Originally Posted by Smithy Winfred View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by Scytale View Post
I understand that it hasn't been done before, but if the only reason that it can't be done is that it hasn't been done, that seems a bit odd to me. Tyrian is a much more difficult repaint, and requires a figure most would be loath to give up, not to mention most people don't have the skill or supplies to repaint figures. I totally agree that any figure using modding should be looked at with even more scrutiny on that ground, but there has been some modified figures in the past, and this mod, while more extensive than those in the past, uses figures no one would mind losing and requires little to no work, a figure that all people already have given 5 minutes of their time.

I'm not going to complain and you're in charge, so its not my place to argue, I just wish you would give it a chance, instead of throwing it away just on precedent. I have all of the respect for your work in SoV and I mean no disrespect, I'm just trying to speak my opinion on the matter.
No one person is "in charge." There is no need to repaint Tyrian unless you want to, because he is a repaint of an existing Heroscape figure. Repaints aside, I do not care for modding, and I (as a guy who gets to vote at the C3V stage of SoV candidates) would oppose a nominee requiring as much as you describe.

The designs of the Age of Annihilation, and their ACES compatibility with VC
C3V "Easily the best quality classic customs I have ever seen."
= =
Old July 14th, 2015, 12:20 PM
3-Time Online HS Champion & Diplomacy Winner of Land Wars in Asia

Kinseth is hot lava death! Kinseth is hot lava death! Kinseth is hot lava death! Kinseth is hot lava death! Kinseth is hot lava death! Kinseth is hot lava death! Kinseth is hot lava death! Kinseth is hot lava death! Kinseth is hot lava death! Kinseth is hot lava death! Kinseth is hot lava death! Kinseth is hot lava death! Kinseth is hot lava death! Kinseth is hot lava death!

Quote:
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kinseth View Post
I'm waiting for an extra Ne-Gok-Sa figure, and then I'm going to post it as I make a second copy. It requires three of the Marro Warriors (the one with the gun pointing up used as the base, the other two use the guns and heads), and Ne-Gok-Sa, using his feet, head and arm guard, then the blade as the bayonet.
My concern(just as someone who places VC figures), is that the required modding has a chance that someone could slip-up and injure themselves with. If I saw a tutorial, maybe that concern would go away.

I have Rachiem and I fixed his wings, that wasn't too hard, and didn't require me to cut anything.

Have you tried Hexscape? 3D Heroscape Multiplayer Battle program!

Looking for a C3V/SOV miniature? Try one of these sites.
Old July 14th, 2015, 12:24 PM
Thanksgiving Custom Contest Champion

Scytale is a man of the cloth Scytale is a man of the cloth Scytale is a man of the cloth Scytale is a man of the cloth Scytale is a man of the cloth Scytale is a man of the cloth Scytale is a man of the cloth Scytale is a man of the cloth Scytale is a man of the cloth Scytale is a man of the cloth Scytale is a man of the cloth Scytale is a man of the cloth Scytale is a man of the cloth Scytale is a man of the cloth Scytale is a man of the cloth

Quote:
Personally I am not against simple modding. In general I'm pretty loose about figure availability issues, and I have no fear of doing mods (I've done a few myself). But I can say with relative certainty it won't fly with United Fanscape. I could always be surprised, but as a general rule UF wants figures that are easily available for people to pick up. Any "do it yourself" aspect beyond basing is almost certainly crossing the line for most.

Go Back   Heroscapers > Custom HeroScape Creations > Custom Units & Army Cards