Heroscapers
Go Back   Heroscapers > Official Classic HeroScape > Competitive Armies Discussion
Competitive Armies Discussion Discuss, critique, and build ideas for tournament-caliber armies.

Old September 27th, 2008, 01:06 PM

Bigglesworth is a puppet of Ne-Gok-Sa
10 "Equal" Armies - Approx 1660pt values

• All army cards found in the masters sets, large expansions, & small expansions are used just once. Also using all of the promo characters from GENCON & Elite Vipers from WalMart set.
    • Exception of Marro Drones (using 3)
    • Exception of Fyorlag siders (using 2)
    • Sgt Drake & Raelin from Swarm of the Marro are designated as "Elite" since the heroes from both sets are used.
  • Heroes/squads in red have some sort of distance attack (tried to balance Armies as best as possible).
  • Each army has 1 Marvel Hero
  • Heroes are bold, squads are italics (also used in attempt to balance teams).
  • Incorporated as many beneficial relationships as possible
  • All armies are approx worth 1660 pts (+/- 5pts)
  • I actually store these armies together, for quick access
  • Cards are listed in each army by decreasing point total
Hopefully someone out here will find this useful....

Hive
Iron Man - Tor-Kul-Na - Braxas210 - Marro Hive - Wo-Sa-Ga - Deathwalker - Omnicron Snipers - Parmenio - Zetacron - Shiori - Sacred Band - Marro Drones - Marro Drones - Marro Drones - Marrden Nagrubs - Marrden Nagrubs

Samuri
Thanos - Kato Katsuro - Hatamota Taro - Kaemon Awa - Tagawa Samuri - Marcus Decimus Gallus - Major X17 - Kozuke Samuri - Finn The Viking Champion - Tagawa Samuri Archers - Ashigaru Harquebs - Marro Stingers - Izumi Samuri - Roman Legionnaires - Ashigaru Yari -Isamu

Marro
Taelord The Kyrie Warrior - Sgt. Drake Alexander "Elite" - Su-Bak-Na - Venom - Sudema - Grok Riders - Minions Of Utgar - Valguard - Deathwalker 7000 - Ne-Gok-Sa - Gladiatrons - Blastatrons - Marro Warriors - Me-Burq-Sa - Fyorlag Spiders - Fyorlag Spiders

Knights
Doctor Doom - Nilfheim - Sir Dupuis - Mimring - Templar Cavalry - Sir Gilbert - Sir Denrick - Sir Hawthorne - Raelin The Kyrie Warrior - Concan The Kyrie Warrior - Knights Of Weston - Zombies Of Morindan - Zombies Of Morindan - Deadeye Dan - Roman Archers - Marro Drudge

Guards & Ninja
Incredible Hulk - Cyprien Esenwein - Deathwalker 9000 - Krug - Sgt. Drake Alexander - Ninjas Of The Northern Wind - Moriko - Dund - Warden 816 - James Murphy - Zettian Guards - Marro Drudge - Sonya Esenwein - Arrow Gruts - Deathreavers - Swog Rider

Orcs
Captain America - Sujoah - Major Q9 - Grimnak - Raelin The Kyrie Warrior "Elite" - Brunak - Ornak - Obsidian Guards - Saylind The Kyrie Warrior - Thorgrim The Viking Champion - Dzu-Teh - 10th Regiment of Foot - Johnny 'Shotgun' Sullivan - Marro Stingers - Nerak The Glacian Swog Rider - Blade Gruts

Elves
Abomination Sonlen - Ulginesh - Sentinels Of Jandar - Acolarh - Morsbane - Syvarris - Jorhdawn - Deathstalkers - Chardris - Emirroon - Aubrien Archers - Tarn Viking Warriors - Arkmer - Warriors Of Ashra - Kyntel Gwyn

Agents & Monks
Jotun - Charos - Spider-Man - Master Win Chiu Woo - Alastair MacDirk - Laglor - Agent Carr - Shades of Bleakwoode - Krav Maga Agents - Microcorp Agents - Shaolin Monks - MacDirk Warriors - Iskra Esenwein - Rechets of Bogdan - Dumutef Guard - Marcu Esenwein

Gladiators & Wolves
Spartacus - Red Skull - Einar Imperium - Kee-Mo-Shi - Runa - Airborne Elites - Tornak - Crixus - Retiarius - Empress Kiova - Wolves of Badru - Anubian Wolves - Khosumet The Darklord - 4th Massachusetts Line - Heavy Gruts - Guilty McCreech

Vipers
Silver Surfer - Zelrig - Major Q10 - Nakita Agents - Venoc Warlord - Agent Skahen - Gurei-Oni - Elite Onyx Vipers - Marrden Hounds - Gorillinators - Kelda The Kyrie Warrior - Armoc Vipers - Theracus - Venoc Vipers - Eldgrim The Viking Champion - Otonashi
Old September 27th, 2008, 02:14 PM
No Soup or Happy Endings For You!

CheddarLimbo is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla CheddarLimbo is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla CheddarLimbo is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla CheddarLimbo is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla CheddarLimbo is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla CheddarLimbo is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla CheddarLimbo is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla CheddarLimbo is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla CheddarLimbo is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla CheddarLimbo is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla
Re: 10 "Equal" Armies - Approx 1660pt values

Welcome to the site, Bigglesworth! You've certainly put a lot of work into this, thanks for sharing.

Might I suggest switching Guilty McCreech and the Dumatef Guard? Dumatef has some good thematic and mechanic synergy with Khosumet and the wolves.

Old September 27th, 2008, 04:56 PM
Has A Ticket To Ride

EternalThanos86 is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla EternalThanos86 is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla EternalThanos86 is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla EternalThanos86 is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla EternalThanos86 is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla EternalThanos86 is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla EternalThanos86 is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla EternalThanos86 is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla

Wow, that must have taken some work.

My question to you, then, is which army is the strongest, in your opinion?

Quote:
Originally Posted by lwayman View Post
Classic-Scape is just the Frosting for the Marvel-Scape cake!
Old September 27th, 2008, 05:12 PM

fomox is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla fomox is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla fomox is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla fomox is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla fomox is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla fomox is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla fomox is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla fomox is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla fomox is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla fomox is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla

Fun idea. Silver Surfer with Eldgrim's spirt on him and Kelda for healing... Ouch!

Welcome to the site.

I don't always use custom units, but when I do I use Sherman Davies Marvel customs.
Old September 27th, 2008, 05:17 PM

Bigglesworth is a puppet of Ne-Gok-Sa

Quote:
Originally Posted by EternalThanos86 View Post
Wow, that must have taken some work.

My question to you, then, is which army is the strongest, in your opinion?
In my opinion it is impossible to say which army or armies are stronger than others. I certainly would favor some over others, but have seen battle success & failures with the same Armies.

I guess that little factor called luck is just too unpredictable!!!
Old September 27th, 2008, 06:01 PM

gkbeaner is a puppet of Ne-Gok-Sa

My friends and I saw your post this morning and decided to try out your competitive armies. We're still battling through and probably will be through the evening (YES!). I have to say I appreciate your ingenuity and hard work. It cuts down on time trying to figure out appropriate teams with balanced ranged warriors, etc. Keep the awesome posts coming Bigglesworth!!
Old September 27th, 2008, 07:14 PM

mrkurtb knows what's in an order marker mrkurtb knows what's in an order marker

gkbeaner and Bigglesworth, welcome to the site. Nice work with the armies and a battle report will be interesting.

Go Back   Heroscapers > Official Classic HeroScape > Competitive Armies Discussion