Heroscapers
Go Back   Heroscapers > Marvel Legends HeroScape > Comic Hero Custom Creations > C3G SuperScape
C3G SuperScape A Place to gather C3G threads without interfering with other Marvel Customs creation

Notices

Old August 5th, 2016, 09:55 AM
Never CoN a CoN man

johnny139 is a man of the cloth johnny139 is a man of the cloth johnny139 is a man of the cloth johnny139 is a man of the cloth johnny139 is a man of the cloth johnny139 is a man of the cloth johnny139 is a man of the cloth johnny139 is a man of the cloth johnny139 is a man of the cloth johnny139 is a man of the cloth johnny139 is a man of the cloth johnny139 is a man of the cloth johnny139 is a man of the cloth johnny139 is a man of the cloth johnny139 is a man of the cloth
Re: The C3G Cave - Hangout

Quote:
Originally Posted by Smithy Winfred View Post
Just got back from Suicide Squad. Don't go see it, it's absolutely terrible. I went in really hoping it would be good despite what people were saying (I actually really enjoyed BvS despite its flaws). Its bad
Really disappointed in the negative reception there... I could smell the stink on BvS from the trailers, but Suicide Squad looked like a ton of fun. Good actors, cool style. I was hoping DC would finally have a hit. Guess I'm waiting on the Batfleck movie now.

I mean, maybe it'll be decent anyways. I'll be waiting for a rental, though... fool me twice and all that.
Old August 5th, 2016, 09:59 AM
Who ISN'T One of My Brothers??

TrollBrute is a penguin with a machine gun TrollBrute is a penguin with a machine gun TrollBrute is a penguin with a machine gun TrollBrute is a penguin with a machine gun TrollBrute is a penguin with a machine gun TrollBrute is a penguin with a machine gun TrollBrute is a penguin with a machine gun TrollBrute is a penguin with a machine gun TrollBrute is a penguin with a machine gun TrollBrute is a penguin with a machine gun TrollBrute is a penguin with a machine gun

Same. I was actually hopeful for Suicide Squad and thought it had a lot of potential. Reviews have not been good though. Critical reviews are bad, and fan reaction is mixed at best.

".... the Cambridge ladies do not care, above
Cambridge if sometimes in its box of
sky lavender and cornerless, the
moon rattles like a fragment of angry candy"
Old August 5th, 2016, 10:39 AM
Fan Fiction Prompt Master

Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth

Played our game(s) for my RPG.

Things went a bit screwy this year. What was supposed to be two 10 player games got listed as a 6 player and a 12 player game.
They both sold out months ago( I actually bought the 12th ticket).

All looked well until yesterday morning and we discovered that 5 out of 6 tickets for the day game were returned. The sixth person also did not show.
We did have one guy who has gamed with us both previous years who showed and we convinced him to play the scenario with just us GMs(we each ran two PCs).

That was actually pretty nice. The other GMs really needed a refresher on the scenario and we were done in about two hours(half the time) allowing some extra time to unwind before the big game.

Our regular returned for the night game, we had two no shows so our regular took the 10th spot which made for the perfect sized group.
It was cool because one group of five were on one side and another group of 4 plus our regular was on the other.

It was a blast. Great time had by all, well except maybe for the guy who got his leg shot off with a rune encrusted longbow(but we did allow him to come back as a wraith-like creature and I believe he killed at least 3 PCs).

I was leery of running such a role-play lite scenario but it worked out nicely. Wild magic was flying all over the place with hilarious effects at times. So many times someone would be on death's door only be saved by wild magic of course when everyone's gold turned to acid and melted holes in the ships, that was fairly bad.

Fun time, ended exactly on time also.

One player said we set the bar too high. "What are we going to now? Shots and play Magic?"
Great compliment.

A cloud can change its semblance, yet retain its will
With the intimacy of destruction, One knows what it is to be alive
The empty sky holds no reflection, for sorrow
- Eslo Rudkey
Old August 5th, 2016, 10:49 AM
Prickly Cactus

Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth

A friend just posted on Facebook that Suicide Squad sucked. That's too bad, because I wanted to take my 13 year old twin daughters to see it. My girls' favorite band, 21 Pilots did a song called Heathens for the soundtrack, and have a cool video for it. But if the movie is that bad, we'll maybe see something else and wait to rent SS, which might not be too long a wait if it stinks.

Kind of amazed at how DC can't seem to get that many good movies made. I still have hopes for Wonder Woman.

Hand of fate is moving and the finger points to you
...Iron Maiden - The Wicker Man

TUTORIAL FOR RE-BASING FIGURES

3hrs 43mins 32secs = 1242nd of 8808 overall - 1988 Honolulu Marathon
Old August 5th, 2016, 11:00 AM
Saving the world - one lonely Marro at a time

mac122 is a man of the cloth mac122 is a man of the cloth mac122 is a man of the cloth mac122 is a man of the cloth mac122 is a man of the cloth mac122 is a man of the cloth mac122 is a man of the cloth mac122 is a man of the cloth mac122 is a man of the cloth mac122 is a man of the cloth mac122 is a man of the cloth mac122 is a man of the cloth mac122 is a man of the cloth mac122 is a man of the cloth mac122 is a man of the cloth

Quote:
Originally Posted by japes View Post
It's easy if you've never had cable to be a "chord cutter" but curious if any of you became a chord cutter. We are debating cutting our DirecTV for monetary reasons and even though I was the one to suggest it I'm the one that is nervous about it. Growing up we didn't have much so when we weren't playing outside we watched TV...we didn't have games or much in the toy department. Now even though I don't watch much TV I do like the comfort of knowing that it's there when I want. Sports will be my biggest issue, mostly baseball, hockey, and college football. I am building a DVR for over the air broadcast which will cover Flash, Arrow and SHIELD which is 75% of what we watch anyways. We have a pretty decent Library system which is how we are watching Smallville now. I also have quite a movie collection which I have stored on a central server and streamed to my TV with a Raspberry Pi3 running OSMC (Kodi) I know there are shady plugins for Kodi but I'm trying to avoid those.

Basically is there anyone that switched that regretted it later?
We had Dish Network a few years ago, but after looking at how few channels we actually watched, the $50+ per month just didn't make sense. We have Netflix and Amazon Prime and can get a few over-the-air broadcast channels. The worst part of dropping it was not having reliable local channel reception, but the Internet has enough to cover our needs for local news and weather (especially considering Dish went out in bad weather when we needed it most).

My Customs HoSS HoSS Sortable Index
Looking for the Codex?
My Trade List
Tourney Record: 2-11 I4031
Old August 5th, 2016, 11:38 AM
A Man of Taste

japes is a wielder of the Ban Hammer japes is a wielder of the Ban Hammer japes is a wielder of the Ban Hammer japes is a wielder of the Ban Hammer japes is a wielder of the Ban Hammer japes is a wielder of the Ban Hammer japes is a wielder of the Ban Hammer japes is a wielder of the Ban Hammer japes is a wielder of the Ban Hammer japes is a wielder of the Ban Hammer japes is a wielder of the Ban Hammer japes is a wielder of the Ban Hammer japes is a wielder of the Ban Hammer japes is a wielder of the Ban Hammer japes is a wielder of the Ban Hammer

Quote:
Originally Posted by mac122 View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by japes View Post
It's easy if you've never had cable to be a "chord cutter" but curious if any of you became a chord cutter. We are debating cutting our DirecTV for monetary reasons and even though I was the one to suggest it I'm the one that is nervous about it. Growing up we didn't have much so when we weren't playing outside we watched TV...we didn't have games or much in the toy department. Now even though I don't watch much TV I do like the comfort of knowing that it's there when I want. Sports will be my biggest issue, mostly baseball, hockey, and college football. I am building a DVR for over the air broadcast which will cover Flash, Arrow and SHIELD which is 75% of what we watch anyways. We have a pretty decent Library system which is how we are watching Smallville now. I also have quite a movie collection which I have stored on a central server and streamed to my TV with a Raspberry Pi3 running OSMC (Kodi) I know there are shady plugins for Kodi but I'm trying to avoid those.

Basically is there anyone that switched that regretted it later?
We had Dish Network a few years ago, but after looking at how few channels we actually watched, the $50+ per month just didn't make sense. We have Netflix and Amazon Prime and can get a few over-the-air broadcast channels. The worst part of dropping it was not having reliable local channel reception, but the Internet has enough to cover our needs for local news and weather (especially considering Dish went out in bad weather when we needed it most).
Local reception should not be an issue for us since we are only a couple of miles from the towers. I don't even have an antenna and my TV scan gets about 15 channels. I'd say it's probably more the DVR and Sports angle that would be an issue.

We are pretty lucky with our DirecTV. Even in Florida we'd have reception except during tropical storm like weather. The best part was that even with storms we'd have it as soon as the weather broke whereas with Comcast it would be days for them to fix the lines.

Would I want it to be everything I love...sure...but that's just not realistic so I'm going to focus on finding things that will make me unhappy and work on fixing those.
Old August 5th, 2016, 03:49 PM
Fan Fiction Prompt Master

Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth

You can pick up a converter that acts like a DVR, just pop in a flashdrive.

A cloud can change its semblance, yet retain its will
With the intimacy of destruction, One knows what it is to be alive
The empty sky holds no reflection, for sorrow
- Eslo Rudkey
Old August 5th, 2016, 04:38 PM
A Man of Taste

japes is a wielder of the Ban Hammer japes is a wielder of the Ban Hammer japes is a wielder of the Ban Hammer japes is a wielder of the Ban Hammer japes is a wielder of the Ban Hammer japes is a wielder of the Ban Hammer japes is a wielder of the Ban Hammer japes is a wielder of the Ban Hammer japes is a wielder of the Ban Hammer japes is a wielder of the Ban Hammer japes is a wielder of the Ban Hammer japes is a wielder of the Ban Hammer japes is a wielder of the Ban Hammer japes is a wielder of the Ban Hammer japes is a wielder of the Ban Hammer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tornado View Post
You can pick up a converter that acts like a DVR, just pop in a flashdrive.
I'm going with a HDHomerun hooked to my network and streamed to my Pi with OSMC (Kodi) I'm learning about Virtual Machines for my UnRaid media server so I'm thinking about giving that a go.

Would I want it to be everything I love...sure...but that's just not realistic so I'm going to focus on finding things that will make me unhappy and work on fixing those.
Old August 5th, 2016, 04:48 PM
Archie

Arch-vile is a man of the cloth Arch-vile is a man of the cloth Arch-vile is a man of the cloth Arch-vile is a man of the cloth Arch-vile is a man of the cloth Arch-vile is a man of the cloth Arch-vile is a man of the cloth Arch-vile is a man of the cloth Arch-vile is a man of the cloth Arch-vile is a man of the cloth Arch-vile is a man of the cloth Arch-vile is a man of the cloth Arch-vile is a man of the cloth Arch-vile is a man of the cloth Arch-vile is a man of the cloth

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hahma View Post
A friend just posted on Facebook that Suicide Squad sucked. That's too bad, because I wanted to take my 13 year old twin daughters to see it. My girls' favorite band, 21 Pilots did a song called Heathens for the soundtrack, and have a cool video for it. But if the movie is that bad, we'll maybe see something else and wait to rent SS, which might not be too long a wait if it stinks.

Kind of amazed at how DC can't seem to get that many good movies made. I still have hopes for Wonder Woman.
I saw it yesterday. It wasn't good. It wasn't bad; it was fun seeing the characters as a big DC fan. But it had a lot of tonal problems and some head-scratching dialogue and plot choices. At least the DC television shows are good, because their cinematic universe is a stinker right now.
Old August 5th, 2016, 05:23 PM
Prickly Cactus

Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth

Quote:
Originally Posted by Arch-vile View Post
Quote:

I saw it yesterday. It wasn't good. It wasn't bad; it was fun seeing the characters as a big DC fan. But it had a lot of tonal problems and some head-scratching dialogue and plot choices. At least the DC television shows are good, because their cinematic universe is a stinker right now.
Thanks Arch-vile!

One more thing, would this be fun enough for my daughters to enjoy. They aren't looking for great dialogue, plot, etc. If going in with no, or low expectations, would it be at least somewhat enjoyable?

Hand of fate is moving and the finger points to you
...Iron Maiden - The Wicker Man

TUTORIAL FOR RE-BASING FIGURES

3hrs 43mins 32secs = 1242nd of 8808 overall - 1988 Honolulu Marathon
Old August 5th, 2016, 06:10 PM
Never Forgets

laughing matter rolls all skulls baby! laughing matter rolls all skulls baby! laughing matter rolls all skulls baby! laughing matter rolls all skulls baby! laughing matter rolls all skulls baby!

From what I heard, the biggest problems where that the bad guy wasn't that great, that some of the dialogue wasn't the best, that the Joker was under used, and sometimes people criticized it for being too much like a comic book (wtf).

I say, like with anything, go watch it and decide for yourself. Don't let someone decide for you.

That said, don't expect the second coming of Christ, or anything. There's been so much hype that no movie could possibly live up to all of it. Just go in expecting a decent, fun movie.

life's short, why not make an impact on the world? make some peoples lives better, have a few good laughs, and then when it's all over go out with BANG!
Old August 5th, 2016, 06:31 PM
Archie

Arch-vile is a man of the cloth Arch-vile is a man of the cloth Arch-vile is a man of the cloth Arch-vile is a man of the cloth Arch-vile is a man of the cloth Arch-vile is a man of the cloth Arch-vile is a man of the cloth Arch-vile is a man of the cloth Arch-vile is a man of the cloth Arch-vile is a man of the cloth Arch-vile is a man of the cloth Arch-vile is a man of the cloth Arch-vile is a man of the cloth Arch-vile is a man of the cloth Arch-vile is a man of the cloth

Quote:
Quote:
Originally Posted by Arch-vile View Post
Quote:

Thanks Arch-vile!

One more thing, would this be fun enough for my daughters to enjoy. They aren't looking for great dialogue, plot, etc. If going in with no, or low expectations, would it be at least somewhat enjoyable?
My sister (12) absolutely loved it. She's turning into a bit of a comic geek too. It's a fun enough movie if you aren't expecting anything more than some cool action scenes.

Go Back   Heroscapers > Marvel Legends HeroScape > Comic Hero Custom Creations > C3G SuperScape