Heroscapers
Go Back   Heroscapers > Official Classic HeroScape > HeroScape General Discussion
HeroScape General Discussion General discussions of packaging, terrain, components, etc. If it doesn't fit in any other official category, put it here.

Old February 14th, 2007, 03:34 PM

regdar has disabled reputation
card sleeves ???

on housemousegames.com are there sleeves hard or soft covers
thanks

if this is the wrong place please move it
Old February 14th, 2007, 03:47 PM
GenCon General Wars & DW9K Jumpstart Champ 2008

lonewolf is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla lonewolf is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla lonewolf is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla lonewolf is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla lonewolf is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla lonewolf is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla lonewolf is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla lonewolf is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla lonewolf is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla lonewolf is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla
Re: card sleeves ???

Quote:
Originally Posted by regdar
on housemousegames.com are there sleeves hard or soft covers
thanks

if this is the wrong place please move it
They are soft plastic sleeves. BTW Sandra usually throws in a couple extra if you order some from her. I tried several other ways to protect my cards and these are the best by far. Hextr1p and I both use them and I really like them. If you want to come to the game day on the 24th you can check them out for yourself.
Old February 14th, 2007, 04:26 PM

Xor has disabled reputation
I bought a pack of clear plastic CD sleeves. They are a soft, bendable plastic with a little flap that I fold inside. I bought them at Frys Electronics and they only cost me a couple of bucks for 50 (or was it a hundred?) of them! Not a bad deal and they are the perfect size.

I've also been thinking that a good container would be a CD/DVD box, similar to the old floppy disk boxes; I haven't had any luck finding one yet though.
Old February 14th, 2007, 04:34 PM

Draconious rolls all skulls baby! Draconious rolls all skulls baby! Draconious rolls all skulls baby! Draconious rolls all skulls baby!
I got some off ebay, was going back and forth weather to order from housemouse or the ebay one, the ebay one was cheap so I went with it...

The ones I got from ebay the size varied by 1/8" of an inch... so some the card would fit loose in and some snug, I took the ones that fit snug and put my cards in them and put hte rest in a pile that I will either use for a tourny prize, or ebay...

so I am curious if the ones from housemouse have any variation in the size? if they are more uniform...

What I got:

Old February 14th, 2007, 06:08 PM

K Wang has disabled reputation
Make sure your protectors are acid free.
Old February 14th, 2007, 09:51 PM
Arbiter of Peace

Ketch is a wielder of the Ban Hammer
I got 200 5x5 sleeves acid free for $4 on ebay.. there are tonnes of them.
Not to take shoppers from HMG, but she prolly doesn't make much on protectors anyway.

::Nathan Hoel::
Old February 14th, 2007, 10:51 PM

Elendithas has disabled reputation
Xor: Have a look at this:

http://cgi.ebay.ca/Vintage-APPLE-Com...QQcmdZViewItem
Old February 14th, 2007, 11:08 PM
Arbiter of Peace

heres the ones I got
http://search.stores.ebay.com/unique...16Q20oQQsofpZ0

Old February 14th, 2007, 11:37 PM

geddy lifeson has disabled reputation
The ones I got are the Budget Polypro, 100 for $5.00. Wife got me the 500 lot and I can't wait to fill them all up.

http://www.sleevetown.com/plastic-cd-sleeves.shtml

You can surrender without a prayer, but never really pray without surrender
You can fight without ever winning, but never ever win without a fight
Old February 15th, 2007, 12:00 AM

Draconious rolls all skulls baby! Draconious rolls all skulls baby! Draconious rolls all skulls baby! Draconious rolls all skulls baby!
could buy a tube of the plastic and a sealer and make your own too
Old February 20th, 2007, 11:21 PM
Arbiter of Peace

Okay, so my card sleeves arrived,

They were about a cm (thats like half an inch for you imperials) too wide and almost 2 cm too tall.

However, that made no difference to me because I had an idea.
I wanted to heat seal them from the start, so it would be like they were laminated, but I could always take them out by just cutting the edge off (but why would I want to take them out?).

Anyway, I tried a heat sealer, one of those ones you would find on an informercial my Grandmother had bought my mom a number of years ago.
That didn't work well AT ALL. It wrikled the sleeve like crazy, and it barely held it together. I figured it was just cheap.

Well, today I went to Michael's (the craft store) and looked for a good heat sealer. (Michaels has gone crazy lately, and they put 40 or 50% off coupons for one item in flyers EVERY WEEK! And you don't even need it, you can just go there and say I don't have one. We bought a $100 item for $50, it was like that commercial where the lady acts like she stole everything because it was so cheap... we like ran out of the store before they could take it back... anyway, I digress)

So I could not find a good heat sealer (or any heat sealer for that matter), but I did however find a wood burner. I wasn't sure it would work but after seeing IMax's Wood burning art for the dice tower he made, I wasn't opposed to paying for a $17 (which is now ~9$ with coupon) wood burning and try that out.

Got home, with relatively little expectations, and wow, I was surprised.
Worked perfectly. In fact the demo one I did on an empty sleeve... I couldn't break the seal it made, I ripped the side the factory had sealed instead, and only after quite some effort.

So, here are my card sleeves. Took a long time to cut both sides off to trim it down with the wood burner (like a few hours) but I won't ever have to do that many again.

Completely sealed, and air tight card sleeves... try and wreck these future children! *says the naive husband with no children yet*

Alastair McDirk... you've never looked so fine...

Old February 21st, 2007, 12:13 AM

Hmmm brain storm.. what if I made a custom TIP for a soldering iron/ wood burner, that was a 1mm larger outline of the card? seal it around the whoel card with out it being a square . Guess I will have to try get one machined... or two or three and sell them .

Go Back   Heroscapers > Official Classic HeroScape > HeroScape General Discussion