Heroscapers
Go Back   Heroscapers > Custom HeroScape Creations > Maps & Scenarios
Maps & Scenarios Battlegrounds and scenarios

Notices

Old February 2nd, 2021, 10:20 PM
Frank Lloyd Wright of Scape

Flash_19 is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Flash_19 is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Flash_19 is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Flash_19 is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Flash_19 is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Flash_19 is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Flash_19 is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Flash_19 is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla
Re: Flash_19's Maps: New Map 6/27/20

Here are a bunch of maps I've been working on over the course of the last year or so! Unfortunately, these maps have not been playtested as extensively as I would have hoped. Because of that, there is a fairly good chance that at least a few, if not all of them, will see updates with time and more extensive playtesting in the future (likely when things are back to normal covid-wise). Consider that my fair-warning disclaimer if you decide to download or use any of them.

Additionally, all of the maps, with the exception of Hunted, are designed with tournament standards in mind. Your feedback (either based on playtesting or theoryscaping) is always appreciated!

Aeon
Requires 1x RotV, 1x RttFF

Feverstone Keep
Requires 1x RotV, 1x FoA, 1x VW

Hunted
Requires 2x RotV, 2x RttFF, 1x TJ, (optional battlements/ladders from FoA)

Raodor
Requires 1x SotM, 1x TJ, 1x FoA
Insignificant note - the name is pronounced Ray-uh-door

Unclaimed
Requires 1x RotV, 1x FoA, 1x TT

Valley of Skulls
Requires 1x SotM, 1x VW, 1x TJ
Note - this is my take on the location within Heroscape lore referred to as the Valley of Skulls. Others have used this name for their works and I really hope I don't offend you by using the same name...

Where the Streets Have No Name
Requires 1x RotV, 1x RttFF, 1x FoA
Fun Facts - a previous iteration of this map was featured on 10 Points Under with the esteemed @BiggaBullfrog . We go through and talk about strengths and weaknesses of the previous version while playing a game on it using the OHS format. You can watch that using the link below. Also, the name of the map is a tribute to the band U2.

Maps | OHS Maps | Customs
"I think you're absolutely correct in your logic and reasoning and couldn't agree more." ~BiggaBullfrog

Old February 2nd, 2021, 10:41 PM
Cooking Rice is Hard

OEAO is a penguin with a machine gun OEAO is a penguin with a machine gun OEAO is a penguin with a machine gun OEAO is a penguin with a machine gun OEAO is a penguin with a machine gun OEAO is a penguin with a machine gun OEAO is a penguin with a machine gun OEAO is a penguin with a machine gun OEAO is a penguin with a machine gun OEAO is a penguin with a machine gun OEAO is a penguin with a machine gun OEAO is a penguin with a machine gun
Re: Flash_19's Maps: Map Overload 2/2/2021

Holy crap. Great stuff, man! Looking forward to trying all these.
Old February 3rd, 2021, 12:33 AM

Flash_19 is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Flash_19 is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Flash_19 is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Flash_19 is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Flash_19 is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Flash_19 is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Flash_19 is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Flash_19 is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla

Quote:
Originally Posted by OEAO View Post
Holy crap. Great stuff, man! Looking forward to trying all these.
Thanks so much! I'll be excited to hear any potential thoughts or insights you might have for improvement!

"I think you're absolutely correct in your logic and reasoning and couldn't agree more." ~BiggaBullfrog

Old February 11th, 2021, 10:56 AM
Baron of Beantown V

Cleon is a penguin with a machine gun Cleon is a penguin with a machine gun Cleon is a penguin with a machine gun Cleon is a penguin with a machine gun Cleon is a penguin with a machine gun Cleon is a penguin with a machine gun Cleon is a penguin with a machine gun Cleon is a penguin with a machine gun Cleon is a penguin with a machine gun Cleon is a penguin with a machine gun Cleon is a penguin with a machine gun

Sick stuff Flash. I freakin love Unclaimed...the name, the desolate look, all the level 2 grass border, man I gotta try that one. Really digging Aeon too, that one looks so solid and has a cool tree layout.
Old February 12th, 2021, 09:46 AM
"our design team knows what it's doing"

NecroBlade is a man of the cloth NecroBlade is a man of the cloth NecroBlade is a man of the cloth NecroBlade is a man of the cloth NecroBlade is a man of the cloth NecroBlade is a man of the cloth NecroBlade is a man of the cloth NecroBlade is a man of the cloth NecroBlade is a man of the cloth NecroBlade is a man of the cloth NecroBlade is a man of the cloth NecroBlade is a man of the cloth NecroBlade is a man of the cloth NecroBlade is a man of the cloth NecroBlade is a man of the cloth

These all look great, as usual. I have RotV terrain out, so I may grab an RttFF and try out Aeon soon.

Arena of the Valkyire - Help create Heroscape's next Master Set!
Trade List
C3V Brainstorm
never not funny
Pepperony - 14/09/13
Old February 13th, 2021, 01:57 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cleon View Post
Sick stuff Flash. I freakin love Unclaimed...the name, the desolate look, all the level 2 grass border, man I gotta try that one. Really digging Aeon too, that one looks so solid and has a cool tree layout.
Quote:
Originally Posted by NecroBlade View Post
These all look great, as usual. I have RotV terrain out, so I may grab an RttFF and try out Aeon soon.
Thanks guys! I appreciate you both passing that on to me. If you feel like it, I'd love to hear any thoughts if you do play on them!

Old February 20th, 2021, 02:58 PM
Don't Need Range in the Knight-time & Gencon Main Event Champion - 2018

Matthias Maccabeus is hot lava death! Matthias Maccabeus is hot lava death! Matthias Maccabeus is hot lava death! Matthias Maccabeus is hot lava death! Matthias Maccabeus is hot lava death! Matthias Maccabeus is hot lava death! Matthias Maccabeus is hot lava death! Matthias Maccabeus is hot lava death! Matthias Maccabeus is hot lava death! Matthias Maccabeus is hot lava death! Matthias Maccabeus is hot lava death! Matthias Maccabeus is hot lava death! Matthias Maccabeus is hot lava death! Matthias Maccabeus is hot lava death!

I noticed on Raodor the glyph is next to a jungle bush. Just wondering your thought process on that?

Dragon Dice - (the 2nd best game there is) Learn to Play!
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1h3q6...wujcr8vVf8e21G
Old February 20th, 2021, 06:27 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Matthias Maccabeus View Post
I noticed on Raodor the glyph is next to a jungle bush. Just wondering your thought process on that?
Yeah - great question. It seems from my experience that glyphs on level 0 can give range even more of an advantage in terms of contesting or controlling a glyph because they'll almost always have height advantage on the glyph holder - it just feels really exposed. I think there's a balance between a glyph that can be contested and a glyph that nobody takes because the chances are they won't hold it (especially in melee vs range).

Having said that, it is worth pointing out that the glyph/jungle placement on this map might be problematic because there are only two adjacent hexes allowing melee units to contest the glyph... this may also allow the glyph to be defended easier by rats and stuff.

So, those are my thoughts. I'd love to hear your thoughts as well.

Old February 20th, 2021, 06:40 PM
Don't Need Range in the Knight-time & Gencon Main Event Champion - 2018

Matthias Maccabeus is hot lava death! Matthias Maccabeus is hot lava death! Matthias Maccabeus is hot lava death! Matthias Maccabeus is hot lava death! Matthias Maccabeus is hot lava death! Matthias Maccabeus is hot lava death! Matthias Maccabeus is hot lava death! Matthias Maccabeus is hot lava death! Matthias Maccabeus is hot lava death! Matthias Maccabeus is hot lava death! Matthias Maccabeus is hot lava death! Matthias Maccabeus is hot lava death! Matthias Maccabeus is hot lava death! Matthias Maccabeus is hot lava death!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Flash_19 View Post
Quote:
Yeah - great question. It seems from my experience that glyphs on level 0 can give range even more of an advantage in terms of contesting or controlling a glyph because they'll almost always have height advantage on the glyph holder - it just feels really exposed. I think there's a balance between a glyph that can be contested and a glyph that nobody takes because the chances are they won't hold it (especially in melee vs range).

Having said that, it is worth pointing out that the glyph/jungle placement on this map might be problematic because there are only two adjacent hexes allowing melee units to contest the glyph... this may also allow the glyph to be defended easier by rats and stuff.

I just played 2 RtW games on it with (wait a minute, good try...)
It (the glyph placement) felt very ranged friendly. The glyph could only be contested on level ground from 2 spaces which was fairly easy to bottleneck. You could work your way around the long way, but that felt very laborious and you were giving up height most of the time. I’m by no means a map aficionado so take that with a grain of salt. I did like the rest of the map, lots of los blockers and just enough road to make it interesting. I just felt the glyph placements definitely weren’t melee friendly, not that that’s something necessary on all maps...well maybe...

I’m sure I’ll get a few more games on it before moving on. I’ll let you know if my thoughts change.

I also got some games in on Aeon earlier this month.

Dragon Dice - (the 2nd best game there is) Learn to Play!
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1h3q6...wujcr8vVf8e21G
Old February 20th, 2021, 07:54 PM

Quote:
Quote:
Originally Posted by Flash_19 View Post
Quote:

I just played 2 RtW games on it with (wait a minute, good try...)
It (the glyph placement) felt very ranged friendly. The glyph could only be contested on level ground from 2 spaces which was fairly easy to bottleneck. You could work your way around the long way, but that felt very laborious and you were giving up height most of the time. I’m by no means a map aficionado so take that with a grain of salt. I did like the rest of the map, lots of los blockers and just enough road to make it interesting. I just felt the glyph placements definitely weren’t melee friendly, not that that’s something necessary on all maps...well maybe...

I’m sure I’ll get a few more games on it before moving on. I’ll let you know if my thoughts change.

I also got some games in on Aeon earlier this month.
That's awesome feedback! Thanks so much for that. I'll work on smoothing that out.

Old February 20th, 2021, 10:10 PM

Last edited by Dysole; February 21st, 2021 at 02:09 AM. Reason: This and the following conversation were related to some spam bots that have since been destroyed off the face of the site
Old February 21st, 2021, 12:19 AM
Baron of Beantown V

Cleon is a penguin with a machine gun Cleon is a penguin with a machine gun Cleon is a penguin with a machine gun Cleon is a penguin with a machine gun Cleon is a penguin with a machine gun Cleon is a penguin with a machine gun Cleon is a penguin with a machine gun Cleon is a penguin with a machine gun Cleon is a penguin with a machine gun Cleon is a penguin with a machine gun Cleon is a penguin with a machine gun

Wow you have a lot of new maps that are really hot. All use VW?

Go Back   Heroscapers > Custom HeroScape Creations > Maps & Scenarios