Heroscapers
Go Back   Heroscapers > Custom HeroScape Creations > Maps & Scenarios
Maps & Scenarios Battlegrounds and scenarios

View Poll Results: Do you think this scenario is fun, or looks good?
Yah, sounds fun! 5 83.33%
Not really 1 16.67%
Voters: 6. You may not vote on this poll

Old February 16th, 2008, 04:19 PM

zappy has disabled reputation
My custom skirmish

Well, me and my friends invented this great way to play skirmish and use glyphs in a whole nother way!
in this way of playing, there is no difference if you have 2 players, or 3, or 4 or so on.

here are the rules:

You first make a 3 hex tile form on the map of castle stone walk way, make 2 of them if 2 players, 3 if 3 players and so on.Place them in the ground anywhere on the board, far apart so players can't get to one another as fast.

Dish out the characters.
Once all the players have their characters, pick one unique hero to be your general, if he dies, you die as well!
Only start with your general, and put him in the 3 road hex we made earlier, each player picks the home base that they wish to be theirs.
Now that all of the home bases are esigned, you start to play with just your single general, you have no other people out on the board except your general , and your opponents generals, right?

Now, take one glyph, randomly place it near the middle of everyone's home bases, glyphs in this game are used to take out people!
once it's flipped, Who ever is going first goes now (duh) They move their spaces, trying to get the glyph before their opponent. Once you have gotten to the glyph, step on it to pick it up, now try and carrie it to your base, when carrieing, you move one less space then your characters normally moves. Once you have gotten to your home base, you re-flip the token near the middle, and can bring out a person! Or you can save it to bring out a god (Huge characters) save up three tokens to bring out your god, to see home many you have saved up, put the order marker on it (1 for having 1 token saved,2 for two, 3 for three, 3 and 1 for 4, 3 and 2 for 5 and so on, max amount too store is 6)

Can you stop a plaer from carrieing a glyph? Yes, why yes you can, just attack him, if you kill him, you roll the 20-sided die:
1-5 = You keep carrieing the glyph
6-15 = you drop the glyph, put it in any open adjacent spot
16-20 = The Glyph breaks and gets reflipped

And thats pretty much that part, here are the last little peices you need to know:

When summoning a new hero or squad, you name if you want it to be peasants or warriors (yes, you can call seperate squad figures peasants and the others warriors)
The class for each type of character is:

Peasant - This type can't attack, but can carry glyphs
Warrior - This type can attack, but can't carry glyphs
General - This is you, it can carry glyphs and attack, but if he gets destroyed, you lose the game, he has to be a unique hero.

And last but not least, the rules for home bases:

Each characters home base is a safe zone, he cannot attack in it, but
can't be attacked either. The home bases are where you take the glyhs to, and you create units, a new unit can be placed in, or around the home base, if there is no room around or in it, move a character, and put it there!

thats me and my friends way of playing the game, try it some time, it's pretty fun!
EDIT: Oh, i forgot to mention the moving rules:

water, lava swamp is terrain you cannot walk on, it's like a flat wall
Elevations higher then two layers are not climbable, climb a ladder, or find a way to get up by climping layer by layer.

(you don't have to play this way, it's just more fun in my eyes makes more sense too)
Old February 16th, 2008, 04:49 PM

DarkDino Woo who?
I'd say yes, but the general idea needs some work. Maybe make him immune to Mitonsoul for one thing. The other, you shouldn't totally lose when your General dies. I'd say if your General dies, something would happen like you lose 1 attk. die and 1 def. for all the rest of your figures, and -5 on your intiative roll.

Old February 16th, 2008, 06:02 PM

Well, this was the first version, wanna here the rest?
I just thought that my scenario would be something you could use as a base for your own custom one

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~Rest of rules~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

When your general dies, you cannot bring out anymore characters, you cannot pick up anymore glyphs, and peasants are now switched to warriors

you can also play with bases:
there are 4 bases (add more if you don't have tiny boards like mine, god i need to buy some more perices)
Once one player has captured all of the bases on the map, his opponent cannot make anymore characters, or pick up glyphs.

Bases:

Do whatever you want to show who's captured what base (we use glyphs to represent who has which base) Once a player has made it to a base that has not been captured yet, take the bases specific glyph (remember what glyph represents which base) But if you are trying to capture a base that is owned by another player, you need to do the following:

- Destroy all of the owner's characters who are around or in the base
- If you have destroyed all the owners characters, roll the 20- sided die when standing in the base, if you roll a 10 or higher, take the base's glyph from the owner, and now it's yours.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

all done, thats how we play!
Old February 16th, 2008, 06:29 PM

fred the bug has disabled reputation
Cool idea, but...

Any chance of an example of a battlefield you've played this on?

I'm James Murphy in the
Volcanic Island-Hangout
And the Arbiter (Halo 3) in the prismatic manor
Old February 16th, 2008, 06:32 PM

I'll do that, once i find the camera, and the thing that lets me plug it onto the com!

i totally agree that :

WAR!!!!

Old February 16th, 2008, 11:09 PM

Darkomen57 has disabled reputation
Tip: binary polls are frowned upon. And don't let Rev find it.
Anyways.... in sounds interesting. Just seems like it would take a while to learn.

Bitefight!
Quote:
Originally Posted by guido
...good grammar will get you far on this site. (at least a lot farther than the reverse).

Go Back   Heroscapers > Custom HeroScape Creations > Maps & Scenarios