Heroscapers
Go Back   Heroscapers > Marvel Legends HeroScape > Comic Hero Custom Creations > C3G SuperScape > C3G Legacy > C3G Legacy Library
C3G Legacy Library This is the archive for all the designs released in the original era of C3G. Feel free to post any figure specific questions in their individual books.

Notices

Old December 4th, 2020, 08:41 PM
Best There Is! - C3G Con 2020 Champ

IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer
Re: Cosmic Terrain Brainstorming Thread - Breathing

Quote:
Originally Posted by MrNobody View Post
Maybe, if they're lower than all other spaces, they should be -1?
Does that break the game? I can never tell.

Also, not sure if I want to stick with the lower than all other spaces thing. But it does seem if they're lower than a grass tile, they should be lower than a water tile for the same reason.

C3G can be played with official Heroscape, but it's not recommended.

DISCLAIMER: C3G claims no ownership of the characters or artwork used for C3G customs. All rights for the characters belong to their respective publishers/creators. C3G cards are not intended for sale, and C3G does not authorize any party to profit from C3G cards.

Old December 4th, 2020, 08:44 PM

IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer

Eh, this might be simpler:

Quote:
Originally Posted by IAmBatman View Post
I think I at least want to tweak like so:

Quote:
OUTER SPACE TERRAIN RULES (for testing)

Outer Space Terrain rules include rules for two new types of terrain spaces (Cosmos spaces and Asteroid spaces). Outer Space Terrain rules should be used with the Cosmic Space Mat and other Outer Space battlefields, as specified in their map threads.

Cosmos Spaces
Cosmos spaces are 0 height and any non-flying figure occupying a Cosmos Space has height disadvantage in relation to any figure that is not occupying a Cosmos Space, regardless of elevation..

When a non-flying figure enters a Cosmic Space they can only move in a straight line and must continue moving in this manner until they either use all of their available movement or until they move onto a space of a different terrain type.

Pull of Gravity
Non-fixed objects, including destructible objects, figures, glyphs, obstacles, and non-fixed terrain (such as asteroids and comets) that occupy Cosmos spaces are affected by the Pull of Gravity.

At the end of each round, following initiative order, players must take turns moving any non-fixed objects affected by the Pull of Gravity up to two spaces each towards the closest fixed terrain space. Fixed terrain is any terrain tile on the battlefield that is not a
Cosmos space or a seven hex or smaller Asteroid space.

Each non-fixed object may only be moved by the Pull of Gravity once each round, must end this move on Cosmos spaces, and must end this movement as close to that fixed terrain as possible. If objects are equidistant to two or more fixed terrain spaces, the player moving that object may determine which fixed terrain space to move the object toward.

Asteroid Spaces

Any rock tile that is seven hexes or smaller, that is not attached to any other hexes, and that is placed above a Cosmos space is considered an Asteroid space.
Asteroid spaces placed on top of Cosmos spaces are considered to be occupying those Cosmos spaces.

Figures occupying Asteroid spaces are not subject to the movement restrictions of Cosmos spaces or the Pull of Gravity (though the Pull of Gravity can move the Asteroids themselves).

Figures occupying Asteroid spaces are subject to exposure damage.

Exposure Damage
At the end of each round, roll one unblockable attack die for exposure damage against each figure you control occupying a Cosmos or Asteroid space. If the figure has Super Strength, it receives a wound on a blank instead of a skull.

DISCLAIMER: C3G claims no ownership of the characters or artwork used for C3G customs. All rights for the characters belong to their respective publishers/creators. C3G cards are not intended for sale, and C3G does not authorize any party to profit from C3G cards.

Old December 5th, 2020, 10:47 AM
Silly quozl, dinosaurs are for orcs!

quozl is a wielder of the Ban Hammer quozl is a wielder of the Ban Hammer quozl is a wielder of the Ban Hammer quozl is a wielder of the Ban Hammer quozl is a wielder of the Ban Hammer quozl is a wielder of the Ban Hammer quozl is a wielder of the Ban Hammer quozl is a wielder of the Ban Hammer quozl is a wielder of the Ban Hammer quozl is a wielder of the Ban Hammer quozl is a wielder of the Ban Hammer quozl is a wielder of the Ban Hammer quozl is a wielder of the Ban Hammer quozl is a wielder of the Ban Hammer quozl is a wielder of the Ban Hammer

I'd like to take away complexity and get rid of asteroid spaces entirely and just say any battlefield with cosmos spaces is subject to the Exposure rule.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Craig Van Ness View Post
I highly recommend C3V and C3G customs!
Old December 5th, 2020, 03:39 PM

I think that'd really limit map building if you wanted a deep space/non-planetary scenario, so I want to keep Asteroid spaces in. But agree with trimming back on some complexity.

Here's what I'm looking at:

Quote:
OUTER SPACE TERRAIN RULES (for testing)

Outer Space Terrain rules include rules for two new types of terrain spaces (Cosmos spaces and Asteroid spaces). Outer Space Terrain rules should be used with the Cosmic Space Mat and other Outer Space battlefields, as specified in their map threads.

Cosmos Spaces
Cosmos spaces are 0 height.

When a non-flying figure enters a Cosmic Space they can only move in a straight line and must continue moving in this manner if they can until they either use all of their available movement or until they move onto a space of a different terrain type.

Asteroid Spaces
Any rock tile or seven hexes or smaller group of rock tiles that is not attached to any other hexes and that is placed on top of a Cosmos space is considered an Asteroid space.

Asteroid spaces placed on top of Cosmos spaces are considered to be occupying those Cosmos spaces.

Exposure Damage
At the end of each round, roll one unblockable attack die for exposure damage against each figure you control occupying a Cosmos or Asteroid space. If the figure has Super Strength, it receives a wound on a blank instead of a skull.

Space Drift
Non-fixed objects, including destructible objects, figures, glyphs, obstacles, and non-fixed terrain (including Asteroid hexes and Comets) that occupy Cosmos spaces are affected by Space Drift.

After rolling for Exposure Damage at the end of each round, following initiative order, players must take turns moving any non-fixed objects affected by Space Drift up to two spaces each in any direction.

Each non-fixed object may only be moved by Space Drift once each round, must be moved as many spaces as possible, and must end this move on a Cosmos space.

If a terrain hex is moved next to another terrain hex this way, they should be joined together. This may result in a non-fixed object becoming fixed terrain.
I took out the height stuff and removed what I felt was redundant rules text.

I'm open to more suggestions for simplification, I just want to keep Asteroids as an option for map building.

In the meantime, I think what's here is worth trying out, so I propose we move to the initial build (or in this case testing?) phase.

Last edited by IAmBatman; December 5th, 2020 at 06:13 PM. Reason: Changed Pull of Gravity to Space Drift
Old December 5th, 2020, 04:28 PM

Re: The Book of Outer Space Terrain - VOTE for Initial Phase

Toying around with this and I like the straight line movement for non-flyers and I like the exposure damage so far.

So far I'm not digging the pull of gravity. If you want to do a map that's all Cosmos spaces and Asteroid spaces, then there are no fixed spaces for the pull of gravity. I guess in that case The Pull of Gravity basically doesn't apply, but that seems boring.

I'm considering calling it "space drift" instead and just letting players move non-fixed objects in any direction, instead of worrying about fixed terrain.

Old December 5th, 2020, 05:20 PM
C3G Landlord

Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth

I prefer the space drift theme where all non-fixed objects just slowly move in the same direction along a straight line. Just shouldn't have the start zones placed such that all non-fixed objects are drifting from one SZ directly towards the other SZ as that wouldn't be fair. Could then add some theme (and complexity) by letting a figure use an attack to target the non-fixed object and change it's drift path direction. It two or more non-fixed objects eventually collide, they stop drifting all together and become a fixed object for the rest of the game.
Old December 5th, 2020, 06:09 PM

Nah, I don't see why they have to all go in the same direction. I think it's more fun if the players get to move them around strategically.

But, yeah, I do need to add something about non-fixed objects colliding and becoming fixed. I updated the OP with different text that I'm going to use to update the proposal too since no one has voted yet.

Old December 5th, 2020, 06:26 PM
Fan Fiction Prompt Master

Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth

Yea
Old December 5th, 2020, 06:53 PM
Silly quozl, dinosaurs are for orcs!

quozl is a wielder of the Ban Hammer quozl is a wielder of the Ban Hammer quozl is a wielder of the Ban Hammer quozl is a wielder of the Ban Hammer quozl is a wielder of the Ban Hammer quozl is a wielder of the Ban Hammer quozl is a wielder of the Ban Hammer quozl is a wielder of the Ban Hammer quozl is a wielder of the Ban Hammer quozl is a wielder of the Ban Hammer quozl is a wielder of the Ban Hammer quozl is a wielder of the Ban Hammer quozl is a wielder of the Ban Hammer quozl is a wielder of the Ban Hammer quozl is a wielder of the Ban Hammer

I think you can simplify asteroids more:

Quote:
Any group of rock terrain that is seven hexes or smaller and is not attached to any other terrain are considered to be Asteroid spaces.
You might also have to put this in for Cosmos spaces:

Quote:
Cosmos spaces do not connect to any other terrain pieces.
Otherwise asteroids would be connected to cosmos spaces.

Once those changes are made, Yea.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Craig Van Ness View Post
I highly recommend C3V and C3G customs!
Old December 5th, 2020, 07:19 PM

Updated. Worried about what rabbit holes we'd open up with that second suggestion, so instead I said that asteroids just had to not be attached to any fixed terrain.

Old December 5th, 2020, 11:49 PM
Fan Fiction Prompt Master

Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth

Once you get this all figured out, we need to work out an Asteroids version, like the video game, where the asteroids break up and scatter in different directions.
Old December 6th, 2020, 08:33 AM

Heh, nice. Well right now you can definitely do an "Asteroid Field" map where the Asteroids move in various directions at the end of each round.

Go Back   Heroscapers > Marvel Legends HeroScape > Comic Hero Custom Creations > C3G SuperScape > C3G Legacy > C3G Legacy Library