Heroscapers
Go Back   Heroscapers > Official Valhalla HeroScape > HeroScape General Discussion
HeroScape General Discussion General discussions of packaging, terrain, components, etc. If it doesn't fit in any other official category, put it here.

View Poll Results: What are you most excited about seeing?
Swarm of the Marro rules and cards. 26 37.68%
Marvel Wave One. 3 4.35%
Wave Eight. 4 5.80%
The Large Hero Pack and Terrain Pack. 22 31.88%
The New Exclusive(s). 8 11.59%
Something Else. 6 8.70%
Voters: 69. You may not vote on this poll

Old July 14th, 2007, 03:41 PM
has been BANNED

jcb231 is a puppet of Ne-Gok-Sa
What do you most want to see at Comic-con or Gencon?

I think we will see SOTM cards and rules at Gencon (if not outright purchasable sets) in addition to the new classic exclusive figure repaint.

I think we may see the same classic exclusive at Comic-con. If there are indeed two exclusives (one for classic, one for Marvel) then I think we will definately see the Marvel one at Comic-con. I think any possible Marvel exclusive (Black Suit Spider-Man?) will show up at both cons though.

Besides that, I think we will see our first glance at the new Marvel figures (no cards, just figures) at Comic-con. I think we'll certainly see the Super-Skurll and Beast figures in more detail. I think we may see whatever is sold with them in terms of terrain and figures, and possibly even the outer packaging, but again no cards. I kinda doubt we will see Wave Eight or any other classic scape items at Comic-con....I think they'll be pitching Marvel pretty heavily and may only show Wave Seven and SOTM from the classic side.

I think we won't see new classic scape items until Gencon....I'm thinking we'll get our first look at Wave Eight, the new terrain set, and the new large hero set there. I think we may even see some cards or rules for one or more of those items.

What do you all expect to see?
Old July 14th, 2007, 03:51 PM

Finrod rolls all skulls baby! Finrod rolls all skulls baby! Finrod rolls all skulls baby! Finrod rolls all skulls baby! Finrod rolls all skulls baby! Finrod rolls all skulls baby!
Most excited about? All of the above except Marvel. I can't pick just one!
Old July 14th, 2007, 03:53 PM
"our design team knows what it's doing"

NecroBlade is a man of the cloth NecroBlade is a man of the cloth NecroBlade is a man of the cloth NecroBlade is a man of the cloth NecroBlade is a man of the cloth NecroBlade is a man of the cloth NecroBlade is a man of the cloth NecroBlade is a man of the cloth NecroBlade is a man of the cloth NecroBlade is a man of the cloth NecroBlade is a man of the cloth NecroBlade is a man of the cloth NecroBlade is a man of the cloth NecroBlade is a man of the cloth NecroBlade is a man of the cloth
Quote:
Originally Posted by Finrod
I can't pick just one!
Agreed.

Arena of the Valkyire - Help create Heroscape's next Master Set!
Trade List
C3V Brainstorm
never not funny
Pepperony - 14/09/13
Old July 14th, 2007, 03:56 PM
has been BANNED

What do you think we will actually get to see?
Old July 14th, 2007, 03:57 PM
"our design team knows what it's doing"

NecroBlade is a man of the cloth NecroBlade is a man of the cloth NecroBlade is a man of the cloth NecroBlade is a man of the cloth NecroBlade is a man of the cloth NecroBlade is a man of the cloth NecroBlade is a man of the cloth NecroBlade is a man of the cloth NecroBlade is a man of the cloth NecroBlade is a man of the cloth NecroBlade is a man of the cloth NecroBlade is a man of the cloth NecroBlade is a man of the cloth NecroBlade is a man of the cloth NecroBlade is a man of the cloth
Quote:
Originally Posted by jcb231
What do you think we will actually get to see?
Hopefully as many of the above as possible.

Arena of the Valkyire - Help create Heroscape's next Master Set!
Trade List
C3V Brainstorm
never not funny
Pepperony - 14/09/13
Old July 14th, 2007, 04:16 PM
markwars has a man-crush on me

Uprising wears ripped pants of awesomeness Uprising wears ripped pants of awesomeness Uprising wears ripped pants of awesomeness Uprising wears ripped pants of awesomeness Uprising wears ripped pants of awesomeness Uprising wears ripped pants of awesomeness Uprising wears ripped pants of awesomeness Uprising wears ripped pants of awesomeness
I think we're gonna see Wave 8. No stats or names on them though. I also think we'll see Large Expansion #3 and the new Terrain Pack.

I think SoTM is a given.
Old July 14th, 2007, 04:20 PM
has been BANNED

Hopefully!

Last year at comic-con we got our first official look at castle rules and the Fortress Door card. We also got our first look at the packaging for Wave Five (and thus 100% confirmation on how they were packed, something we had not fully nailed down prior to that). We also saw the bubble display of Marvel Heroscape for the first time....although back then it had two sets of ruins and some cosmic energy around Thanos!

At last year's Gencon we saw the same Marvel bubble display from Comic-con, got our first official look at Wave Five cards, got Sir Hawthorne, and saw the flagbearer and Wave Six figures for the first time. It was one of the first places Castle and Wave Five were sold. We also got to see a mock-up of Utgar's flagbearer in the box, which gave us some idea of what to expect from the figure in terms of powers and gave us his name.

At this year's Toyfair we saw SOTM for the first time but didn't get any rule or card info. We also saw the near-final version of Marvelscape, minus the second ruin and other small touches....the cards changed a bit before release however.

Way back at the 2005 Gencon we saw Wave Three cards for the first time, got a look at the rules for Lava and the Obsidians, got Nerak, and saw an early setup of the Castle terrain.

Bottom line, at every con we've seen something cool and/or new. Let's hope that trend continues.
Old July 14th, 2007, 04:24 PM
GW Bush's

Billtog rolls all skulls baby! Billtog rolls all skulls baby! Billtog rolls all skulls baby! Billtog rolls all skulls baby! Billtog rolls all skulls baby!
I'm guessing it's the Large Hero and Terrain Pack, since that's what Craig and Chris were actually able to talk about on the Podcast. Anything else they're planning is too far away from being released if they can't even hint at it.
Old July 14th, 2007, 04:25 PM
has been BANNED

Quote:
Originally Posted by Billtog
I'm guessing it's the Large Hero and Terrain Pack, since that's what Craig and Chris were actually able to talk about on the Podcast. Anything else they're planning is too far away from being released if they can't even hint at it.
Wave Eight is supposedly coming out this year, and already has a name "Defenders of Kinsland." Surely we will see a bit of info on that at one of the cons.
Old July 14th, 2007, 04:29 PM
GW Bush's

Billtog rolls all skulls baby! Billtog rolls all skulls baby! Billtog rolls all skulls baby! Billtog rolls all skulls baby! Billtog rolls all skulls baby!
Quote:
Originally Posted by jcb231
Quote:
Originally Posted by Billtog
Wave Eight is supposedly coming out this year, and already has a name "Defenders of Kinsland." Surely we will see a bit of info on that at one of the cons.
Perhaps a little, but I still think they would have mentioned it if it was coming out.
Old July 14th, 2007, 04:40 PM

Syvarris the Ruler has disabled reputation
When and where is comic-con?

Good traders:

Utgarsrage
Old July 14th, 2007, 04:47 PM
markwars has a man-crush on me

Uprising wears ripped pants of awesomeness Uprising wears ripped pants of awesomeness Uprising wears ripped pants of awesomeness Uprising wears ripped pants of awesomeness Uprising wears ripped pants of awesomeness Uprising wears ripped pants of awesomeness Uprising wears ripped pants of awesomeness Uprising wears ripped pants of awesomeness
Quote:
Originally Posted by Syvarris the Ruler
When and where is comic-con?
http://www.comic-con.org/

Go Back   Heroscapers > Official Valhalla HeroScape > HeroScape General Discussion