Heroscapers
Go Back   Heroscapers > Custom HeroScape Creations > Custom Units & Army Cards
Custom Units & Army Cards Fan-created HS army cards for units, glyphs, and equipment

Notices

Old July 17th, 2013, 10:15 PM

obfuscatedhippo has disabled reputation
Re: Speed Custom Challenge 5: Entries up!

Well, for this contest, my money is on:

ENTRY 2
Name = Gargantua’s Bane

I really like the design and concepts, and how it works with the PacRim figure.
Old July 22nd, 2013, 04:20 PM
My six-year-old sister-in-law calls the shots

caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth

ENTRY 1

I WILL NOT TURN BACK seems like a cool idea, but it sucks against armies that use screens.

WHIRLING BLADES is a nice straightforward way to catch the theme there. Same goes for ACCELERATED PIERCING BLADES.

ENTRY 2
General = Aquilla
Name = Gargantua’s Bane
Species = Meka
Uniqueness/Type = Unique Hero
Class = Guard
Personality = Valiant
Size/Height = Huge 9
Life = 6
Move = 6
Range = 1
Attack = 5
Defense = 5
Points = 130

Giant Stride
When Gargantua’s Bane disengages from a small or medium squad figure, immediately roll the 20-sided die. If you roll a 5 or higher, do not roll any leaving engagement attacks against Gargantua’s Bane for any small or medium squad figure he just disengaged with.

Protective Response
When a figure you control is destroyed by an opponent’s Large or Huge hero, you may move Gargantua’s Bane up to 3 spaces.

Monstrous Challenge
Gargantua’s Bane rolls 2 additional dice against Large or Huge heroes leaving an engagement with him and rolls 2 additional dice when attacking them.
I don't like the use of VALIANT (no need for such a powerful figure to help the 4th Mass. out) or MEKA here (why not a Soulborg?). I would have triggered GIANT STRIDE whenever he takes wounds from leaving engagement attacks instead of making him roll any time he leaves an engagement.

ENTRY 3

I can't say I'm a fan of the mechanics in JAEGER SWORDS. Reach would have been a better precedent--why does he ignore jungle? It seems like a lot of clunkiness for very little payoff.

The rest is thematic and interesting. He should still be tough for squads to take down, but not impossible.

ENTRY 4
General = Vydar
Name = Krycis X-23
Species = Soulborg
Class = Hunter
Personality = Relentless
Size/Height = Large 7
Life = 7
Move = 5
Range = 1
Attack = 4
Defense = 5
Points = 200

Chain Blade Special Attack
Range 4. Attack 4.
After inflicting wounds on an opponent's small, medium, or large figure, you may place it on an empty space adjacent to Krycis X-23. The chosen figure will take any leaving engagement attacks.

Double Attack
When Krycis X-23 attacks, it may attack one additional time.
Relentless was not a good choice here--this guy doesn't fit the Death Knights, and I don't think they need him. It's a cool powerset, although I would not have let CHAIN BLADE SPECIAL ATTACK enable leaving engagement attacks.

ENTRY 5

Can a figure with an Impalement marker move around Major X20?

ENTRY 6
Kendotron Mark IV
Vydar

Soulborg
Uncommon Hero
Dauntless
Life 2
Move 6
Range 1
Attack 4
Defense 7
70 points

Tronlink Prototype
After moving and before attacking, you may roll the 20-sided die. If you roll a 1, end your turn. If you roll a 2-17, nothing happens. If you roll an 18 or higher, you may take a turn with another Soulborg figure within 6 clear sight spaces, after making a normal attack with this Kendotron Mark IV. On that turn, the chosen Soulborg figure may not move and may only make a normal attack.

Chainsword
Huge and Large figures, and destructible objects, roll 1 fewer defense die against a normal attack from a Kendotron Mark IV.

Long Strider
This Kendotron Mark IV can move through all small and medium figures and is never attacked when leaving an engagement with those figures.
TRONLINK PROTOTYPE is an unusual power. It seems to really be the defining aspect of the design.

ENTRY 7
NAME = GUNJIN HOSHI
General = Einar
Species = Human
Class = Samurai
Personality = Valiant
Size/Height = Large 8

Life = 4
Move = 7
Range = 1
Attack = 4
Defense = 6
Points = 160

KIKOU MECHA-ARMOR
Before rolling defense dice against a normal attack, Gunjin may roll 2 less dice. If he does, add 1 automatic shield to whatever is rolled. Gunjin may use Mecha-Armor up to three times before rolling defense.

DAISHO BLADES
When Gunjin attacks with a normal attack, he may attack one additional time.

POWER LEAP SPECIAL ATTACK
Range: 1 Attack: 5
If Gunjin begins his turn unengaged, he may attack with Power Leap special attack. Move Gunjin up to 2 spaces. He must end his movement adjacent to an opponent's figure. When defending against Power Leap special attack, opponent's figures roll 2 less defense dice.
Going for a Samurai was a creative choice here, but I don't think I buy it. I think the Valiant personality was a mistake here, as well.

POWER LEAP SPECIAL ATTACK is a little confusing--it seems like it should be Range 3. The power says he can only use it if he begins his turn unengaged, (or I assume that's what that first sentence is implying, although it technically doesn't say he can't use it when he's unengaged), but since it has a Range of 1, how can he ever start using the SA if he has to be unengaged to do it?

I would have worded MECHA ARMOR more like this:
Before rolling defense dice from a normal attack, subtract up to 6 dice from Gunjin's defense dice. For every 2 defense dice subtracted by Mecha Armor, add 1 automatic shield to Gunjin's defense.

However, since it basically gives him 3 automatic shields whenever he wants, he'd be nearly impossible for quite a few low-attack figures to kill.

ENTRY 8

SUNDER seems like it should use a marker. Otherwise I like the simplicity of the rest of the design.

Formerly known as capsocrates
--
Remixed Master Sets - challenge yourself with new terrain combinations!
--
Colorado Fall 2023 Multiplayer Madness
--
caps's Customs Redux - caps's multiplayer maps - caps's maps - Seagate

--
Continuing Classic Heroscape: C3V SoV
Old July 25th, 2013, 12:57 AM
A Jacquee in Disguise?

Soundwarp SG-1 is a man of the cloth Soundwarp SG-1 is a man of the cloth Soundwarp SG-1 is a man of the cloth Soundwarp SG-1 is a man of the cloth Soundwarp SG-1 is a man of the cloth Soundwarp SG-1 is a man of the cloth Soundwarp SG-1 is a man of the cloth Soundwarp SG-1 is a man of the cloth Soundwarp SG-1 is a man of the cloth Soundwarp SG-1 is a man of the cloth Soundwarp SG-1 is a man of the cloth Soundwarp SG-1 is a man of the cloth Soundwarp SG-1 is a man of the cloth Soundwarp SG-1 is a man of the cloth Soundwarp SG-1 is a man of the cloth

Ok votes are in, and our winner is Entry 1 by Super Bogue! Congrats!

and congrats to our peoples choice: Entry 2 by kevindola!

My Repaints and Mods: Updated 1-13
My Custom Cards: Updated 4-15
My Custom Superheroes: Updated 1-13
My figure images for online games:
Alliance figures, Utgar figures
My Etsy Store
Old July 25th, 2013, 07:59 AM

Super Bogue is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Super Bogue is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Super Bogue is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Super Bogue is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Super Bogue is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Super Bogue is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Super Bogue is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Super Bogue is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Super Bogue is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla
Re: Speed Custom Challenge 5: Congrats to Super Bogue

Sweet! Thanks judges!!
Old July 28th, 2013, 12:58 AM
C-Wedgie

cwidje wears ripped pants of awesomeness cwidje wears ripped pants of awesomeness cwidje wears ripped pants of awesomeness cwidje wears ripped pants of awesomeness cwidje wears ripped pants of awesomeness cwidje wears ripped pants of awesomeness
Re: Speed Custom Challenge 5: Congrats to Super Bogue

Congratulations!

Though numerous pronunciation attempts have been made, I have recently spurned my moniker. Feel free to refer to me as BowTieJones instead.

Go Back   Heroscapers > Custom HeroScape Creations > Custom Units & Army Cards