Heroscapers
Go Back   Heroscapers > Marvel Legends HeroScape > Comic Hero Custom Creations
Comic Hero Custom Creations Any comic book customs and the discussions surrounding them

Notices

Old December 29th, 2008, 01:17 AM
Theme Nerd

badgermaniac wears ripped pants of awesomeness badgermaniac wears ripped pants of awesomeness badgermaniac wears ripped pants of awesomeness badgermaniac wears ripped pants of awesomeness badgermaniac wears ripped pants of awesomeness badgermaniac wears ripped pants of awesomeness
Re: First customs...3 new additions (12-7-08)

Dragonman and Cap's Kooky Quartet added on 12-30.
Old December 29th, 2008, 03:03 AM
Theme Nerd

badgermaniac wears ripped pants of awesomeness badgermaniac wears ripped pants of awesomeness badgermaniac wears ripped pants of awesomeness badgermaniac wears ripped pants of awesomeness badgermaniac wears ripped pants of awesomeness badgermaniac wears ripped pants of awesomeness

Doc Doom also added....would love feedback on him.
Old December 29th, 2008, 12:52 PM
PDFin' sweet self spammer

lefton4ya is a man of the cloth lefton4ya is a man of the cloth lefton4ya is a man of the cloth lefton4ya is a man of the cloth lefton4ya is a man of the cloth lefton4ya is a man of the cloth lefton4ya is a man of the cloth lefton4ya is a man of the cloth lefton4ya is a man of the cloth lefton4ya is a man of the cloth lefton4ya is a man of the cloth lefton4ya is a man of the cloth lefton4ya is a man of the cloth lefton4ya is a man of the cloth lefton4ya is a man of the cloth
Re: Need input..my first custom

Quote:
Originally Posted by badgermaniac View Post
Thanks for the input. Here are the modifications:

First off, the point value for this and most your customs are way too high - I would make this Graviton without changing any stats around 225 - 275 points, as he only has an attack of 4 and a life of five. He is similar in stats but still a lot different from my Gravity custom, any I only priced him at 190, although that may be to little. Play testing against official Marvel Heroscape or well-tested chars (i.e. TNT Customs) is helpful as well.
Old December 29th, 2008, 01:58 PM
Theme Nerd

Thanks for the input. It is the special abilities that bring up the cost (and for me, make it difficult to cost in general).

He is incredibly hard to hit. While his life isn't high, he will never take damage on any 20 roll of 12 or higher (presuming that he gets at least one shield with his 6 attack dice).

And, while his attack value isn't high (I may boost it to at least 5), his gravity control ability can wipe out many/most attacks or moves against him, especially from squads for from characters like Cap. Remember, this ability doesn't just make characters count double or limit attacks (as with your figure), it completely cancels your entire move. That is significant.

Given the standard costing that most of the customs have, I would have a serious problem putting him at 190.

Figures like Wonderman, She-Hulk, Warbird, etc. are in the 300's and all are basically just high powered sluggers.

I WANT him to be very powerful, so what would you suggest? Lowering the required dice rolls for his special abilities? Boosting his life/attack?
Old December 29th, 2008, 02:03 PM
Theme Nerd

I just took a look at the TNT book on the 310 point Magneto. His points are basically the same (one extra defense I believe), but I think Graviton's abilities are a lot more powerful. If the Magneto has been "tested" as being accurate, I don't know how you could put Graviton in that mid to low 200 range.

(This isn't to say that I am not flexible on the point cost.)
Old December 29th, 2008, 02:45 PM
PDFin' sweet self spammer

lefton4ya is a man of the cloth lefton4ya is a man of the cloth lefton4ya is a man of the cloth lefton4ya is a man of the cloth lefton4ya is a man of the cloth lefton4ya is a man of the cloth lefton4ya is a man of the cloth lefton4ya is a man of the cloth lefton4ya is a man of the cloth lefton4ya is a man of the cloth lefton4ya is a man of the cloth lefton4ya is a man of the cloth lefton4ya is a man of the cloth lefton4ya is a man of the cloth lefton4ya is a man of the cloth

Quote:
Originally Posted by badgermaniac View Post
Thanks for the input. It is the special abilities that bring up the cost (and for me, make it difficult to cost in general).

He is incredibly hard to hit. While his life isn't high, he will never take damage on any 20 roll of 12 or higher (presuming that he gets at least one shield with his 6 attack dice).

And, while his attack value isn't high (I may boost it to at least 5), his gravity control ability can wipe out many/most attacks or moves against him, especially from squads for from characters like Cap. Remember, this ability doesn't just make characters count double or limit attacks (as with your figure), it completely cancels your entire move. That is significant.

Given the standard costing that most of the customs have, I would have a serious problem putting him at 190.

Figures like Wonderman, She-Hulk, Warbird, etc. are in the 300's and all are basically just high powered sluggers.

I WANT him to be very powerful, so what would you suggest? Lowering the required dice rolls for his special abilities? Boosting his life/attack?
First of all, I forgot to mention, overall nice job on all your customs. Sometimes posters (including me) just criticize and forget to mention that I really like the card and appreciate the time spent on it. I also understand your want for high-powered villains that can take down teams of heroes. I again would suggest looking at the official cards, especially Silver Surfer, Thanos & Abomination. If you want a high powered & cost card, I would suggest first upping the normal and special attack value to at least 6. Powers that stop characters are nice, but if you can't actually hurt them too, then you'd just be prolonging your downfall. You might want to up the defense and/or life if you want it to be worth 500 or so points and stand up to two 250 point figures - maybe 8-9 life and 7 defense. It sound like a lot, but Thanos almost has that and he can come back to life many times - and he's still only valued at 360. Also, I'm not that familiar with Gravitron and a lot of other characters from the comics, but make sure the values you give them are within reason based on the comics - I could see Doctor Doom having these massive life/attack/defense stats as opposed to the crappy ones given in the offical game. Again, I do understand you want Garvitron to have awesome powers and not just a high slugger, so an alternate would be lowering his cost and not increasing attack and just assuming he'd be double-teaming with another villian who does have a high attack value.

One other suggestion on gravitron - I would change the Gravity Control power to add a range of 6 or so, so it starts, "Instead of attacking, Graviton may select any hex within 6 spaces and roll..."

Hope this helps.
Old December 29th, 2008, 03:15 PM
Theme Nerd

All feedback helps.

The actual Marvel HS cards are basically non-playable given the custom cards that folks are putting out.

I think the big issue is that many of the official cards do not accurately capture enough of the individual flavor of each character.

So then, people start making customs including more abilities, which obviously drives up the cost. It is a form of power-creep.

What does that mean? It means that I am more or less using the customs of others as my base. I think the custom Thor that I use is costed at 470, so that is my relative amount.

In the comics, Graviton basically takes out the entire Avengers without raising a sweat. He goes toe to toe with Thor. Obviously, I can't have a 1000 point character, but I do want him to be more powerful than Vision, Iron Man, Wonderman, etc.

Speaking of Doom, any thoughts on my custom for him?
Old December 29th, 2008, 04:06 PM
Theme Nerd

Here is an updated figure. I added 1 to his life and 1 to his base attack to give him a bit more punch.

I also added 2 to his gravitic force bolt attack, but lowered the range by one so it does more damage, but only to those that are a bit closer.

I did not want to change his gravity control ability because in the books, he has a very wide range that he can affect.

Anyway, here is the modified figure.

Old December 29th, 2008, 04:11 PM
Theme Nerd

Based on playtesting, I also took off a few of my Ultron's points and made his attacks a little bit more impactful. And, since he doesn't have a special ability defense, I boosted his base defense up to 9 to account for his adamantium armor.

Old January 18th, 2009, 04:35 PM
Theme Nerd

Most recent versions are all in the first post. Would love feedback.
Old February 3rd, 2009, 11:35 PM

Drewman-chu rolls all skulls baby! Drewman-chu rolls all skulls baby! Drewman-chu rolls all skulls baby! Drewman-chu rolls all skulls baby! Drewman-chu rolls all skulls baby! Drewman-chu rolls all skulls baby!

I really like your high powered versions. I have a suped up Wonder man so I need something to throw against him. Keep up the good work!
Old May 3rd, 2009, 11:41 PM
Theme Nerd

Updated with 7 new customs (5-3-09)

Go Back   Heroscapers > Marvel Legends HeroScape > Comic Hero Custom Creations