Heroscapers
Go Back   Heroscapers > Marvel Legends HeroScape > Comic Hero Custom Creations > C3G SuperScape > C3G Legacy
C3G Legacy Archive of all the original discussions and workshops from the first stage of C3G.

Notices

Old August 2nd, 2018, 11:36 PM
C3G Con Champ 2021 and 2022!

Arkham is hot lava death! Arkham is hot lava death! Arkham is hot lava death! Arkham is hot lava death! Arkham is hot lava death! Arkham is hot lava death! Arkham is hot lava death! Arkham is hot lava death! Arkham is hot lava death! Arkham is hot lava death! Arkham is hot lava death! Arkham is hot lava death! Arkham is hot lava death! Arkham is hot lava death!
Re: Public Design Post

Interesting ideas.

I really like the idea of him being locked up. That’s the winner/marquee power IMO.

I’d go with Slasher in class. I know there’s some options there, but just for synergy I’ve been generalizing with that class to keep them under that synergy umbrella. Much like we do currently with Adventurers etc.

I like him revealing an OM such as the X akin to Oracle in order to provide a bonus if he’s locked up in your start zone. That’s very cool. Though I wouldn’t mind seeing some sort of bonus to have him playing along with the Slashers or offering them something to warrant drafting him with them as well. Him as an advisor for good and bad is key for sure.

I’d go 4 life. He’s not the supernatural type, and our standard reasonably powered Human life is 4. Some go to 5 but that’s generally those that take an insane amount of damage such as Punisher. Commons are even down to 1-3. So 4 feels fair here. It’ll also help save on points as I see him closer to Zsasz level at 100.

For the Cannibal power, perhaps something that lets him keep track of those he’s killed and he can heal at the end of the round as if he’s dining rather than eating them raw?
Old August 3rd, 2018, 01:30 AM
"Let's Nut this Unit Out!"

A3n is a man of the cloth A3n is a man of the cloth A3n is a man of the cloth A3n is a man of the cloth A3n is a man of the cloth A3n is a man of the cloth A3n is a man of the cloth A3n is a man of the cloth A3n is a man of the cloth A3n is a man of the cloth A3n is a man of the cloth A3n is a man of the cloth A3n is a man of the cloth A3n is a man of the cloth A3n is a man of the cloth

Quote:
Originally Posted by MrNobody View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by A3n View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by MrNobody View Post
Dream Girl
Spoiler Alert!
this is not disimilar to my own write-up for her:

DREAM GIRL
[spoiler]NAME = DREAM GIRL

SECRET IDENTITY = NURA NAL

SPECIES = NALTORIAN
UNIQUENESS = UNIQUE HERO
CLASS = LEGIONNAIRE
PERSONALITY = .

SIZE/HEIGHT = MEDIUM 5

LIFE = 4

MOVE = 5
RANGE = 1
ATTACK = 4
DEFENSE = 4

POINTS = .

PREMONITION
If you win initiative, choose an opponent. You may look at all Order Markers on the cards that the chosen opponent controls.

PRECOGNITIVE DEFENSE
Instead of rolling defense dice normally you may roll X defense dice. X is equal to the number of order markers on this card plus number of skulls rolled by the attacking figure. When using Precognitive Defense, all shields count as 2 shields.

FLYING SYMBOL
So far using order markers on their cards in their powers has kind of been the Legion’s “gimmick” with figures like Cosmic Boy, Saturn Girl, and Brainiac 5.How do you all feel about that continuing to be a theme? My Dream Girl draft was made with the idea of being able to save one of those precious order markers if you lose initiative and realize something bad is about to go down, but that also mitigates a bit of the unique gameplay the faction has going.
Yep, I like that addition to the Premonition power. I don't like the counterstrike as her defense as that really doesn't fit her. I also like the personality you chose for her (I couldn't think of the right one at the time).
Old August 3rd, 2018, 02:27 AM
Just A Head

MrNobody is a penguin with a machine gun MrNobody is a penguin with a machine gun MrNobody is a penguin with a machine gun MrNobody is a penguin with a machine gun MrNobody is a penguin with a machine gun MrNobody is a penguin with a machine gun MrNobody is a penguin with a machine gun MrNobody is a penguin with a machine gun MrNobody is a penguin with a machine gun MrNobody is a penguin with a machine gun MrNobody is a penguin with a machine gun MrNobody is a penguin with a machine gun

Quote:
Originally Posted by Arkham View Post
I like him revealing an OM such as the X akin to Oracle in order to provide a bonus if he’s locked up in your start zone. That’s very cool. Though I wouldn’t mind seeing some sort of bonus to have him playing along with the Slashers or offering them something to warrant drafting him with them as well. Him as an advisor for good and bad is key for sure.
Could that be tied in to one of the three powers already there somehow? I think the best bet would be the Oracle/Advice power, but I haven't thought of something that quite works yet.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Arkham View Post
I’d go 4 life. He’s not the supernatural type, and our standard reasonably powered Human life is 4. Some go to 5 but that’s generally those that take an insane amount of damage such as Punisher. Commons are even down to 1-3. So 4 feels fair here. It’ll also help save on points as I see him closer to Zsasz level at 100.
Yeah the 4 life makes sense, especially if he has a healing power. I think just above Zsasz might be a good place for him? They're probably equally good at killing but Lecter is also a genius which he uses to his advantage. Maybe 110-140?
Quote:
Originally Posted by arkham View Post
for the cannibal power, perhaps something that lets him keep track of those he’s killed and he can heal at the end of the round as if he’s dining rather than eating them raw?
FINE DINING
If Hannibal destroys a figure other than an Android or a destructible object with his normal attack, you may place that figure on this card. If the destroyed figure was a Unique Hero or Event Hero, you may take one additional turn with Hannibal. At the end of each round, if Hannibal is not engaged, you may remove any number of figures from this card. For each figure you remove, you may remove 1 Wound Marker from this card.
Quote:
Originally Posted by A3n View Post
Yep, I like that addition to the Premonition power. I don't like the counterstrike as her defense as that really doesn't fit her. I also like the personality you chose for her (I couldn't think of the right one at the time).
I think I remember her having above average combat skills, and wikipedia said she's trained with Karate Kid, so that's what I was trying to show with the counterstrike. However, I think giving her 4 attack, 4 defense and just a standard defense boost power like you did shows that better actually.
I think the Premonition Planning I have plus your Precognitive Defense could make for a fun design that still has the Legionnaire flavor but can also help them out with getting an order marker where it needs to be.
Old August 3rd, 2018, 08:55 AM
From less than zero to Hero!

Scapemage is hot lava death! Scapemage is hot lava death! Scapemage is hot lava death! Scapemage is hot lava death! Scapemage is hot lava death! Scapemage is hot lava death! Scapemage is hot lava death! Scapemage is hot lava death! Scapemage is hot lava death! Scapemage is hot lava death! Scapemage is hot lava death! Scapemage is hot lava death! Scapemage is hot lava death!
Re: Public Design Workshop

Everyone, please enjoy our newly updated first and second post formatting!
@danthem I have linked one of your posts to the first post here. Please keep all of your updated designs in that post. Here's a link.
@MrNobody I have linked one of your posts to the first post here. Please keep all of your updated designs in that post. Here's a link.

Danthem, Soudnwarp's feedback is, well, sound. I can get on board with a big boom.
MrNobody, loving Hannibal so far. Anthony Hopkins is awesome. Have you seen Westworld?

Like Superheroes and Comics?
C3G Project is Always Looking for New Members!

Head here to get started!

Playtesting is the most helpful thing!
Old August 3rd, 2018, 08:57 AM
Symbiotic

Ronin is hot lava death! Ronin is hot lava death! Ronin is hot lava death! Ronin is hot lava death! Ronin is hot lava death! Ronin is hot lava death! Ronin is hot lava death! Ronin is hot lava death! Ronin is hot lava death! Ronin is hot lava death! Ronin is hot lava death! Ronin is hot lava death! Ronin is hot lava death! Ronin is hot lava death!

Nice update, Scapey!
Old August 3rd, 2018, 08:58 AM
Best There Is! - C3G Con 2020 Champ

IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer

I like him as a Sophisticated Slasher. For the second power, I'd go with Psychoanalysis.

I like the fine dining title. Him eating more than one at a time seems wrong, though.

C3G can be played with official Heroscape, but it's not recommended.

DISCLAIMER: C3G claims no ownership of the characters or artwork used for C3G customs. All rights for the characters belong to their respective publishers/creators. C3G cards are not intended for sale, and C3G does not authorize any party to profit from C3G cards.

Old August 3rd, 2018, 10:33 AM
Just A Head

MrNobody is a penguin with a machine gun MrNobody is a penguin with a machine gun MrNobody is a penguin with a machine gun MrNobody is a penguin with a machine gun MrNobody is a penguin with a machine gun MrNobody is a penguin with a machine gun MrNobody is a penguin with a machine gun MrNobody is a penguin with a machine gun MrNobody is a penguin with a machine gun MrNobody is a penguin with a machine gun MrNobody is a penguin with a machine gun MrNobody is a penguin with a machine gun

Quote:
Originally Posted by Scapemage View Post
Everyone, please enjoy our newly updated first and second post formatting!
@danthem I have linked one of your posts to the first post here. Please keep all of your updated designs in that post. Here's a link.
@MrNobody I have linked one of your posts to the first post here. Please keep all of your updated designs in that post. Here's a link.

Danthem, Soudnwarp's feedback is, well, sound. I can get on board with a big boom.
MrNobody, loving Hannibal so far. Anthony Hopkins is awesome. Have you seen Westworld?
Thank you for the update! I’ll try to get them all put in one spot today. I haven’t seen Westworld yet, but it’s very much on my watchlist. I really like what I’ve seen of the soundtrack, where they re-do modern songs with the player piano and all that to give them a wetern vibe. I’m a sucker for that kind of stuff.
Old August 3rd, 2018, 11:26 AM
C3G Con Champ 2021 and 2022!

Arkham is hot lava death! Arkham is hot lava death! Arkham is hot lava death! Arkham is hot lava death! Arkham is hot lava death! Arkham is hot lava death! Arkham is hot lava death! Arkham is hot lava death! Arkham is hot lava death! Arkham is hot lava death! Arkham is hot lava death! Arkham is hot lava death! Arkham is hot lava death! Arkham is hot lava death!

I like Psychoanalysis for the 2nd power name as suggested by Bats.

Perhaps have whatever the bonus ends up being only apply to the individuals he's generally associated with? Investigators, Slashers, and possibly a 3rd? Criminals, Psychopaths, or Lawmen...? That way he has a more distinct synergy to fall into, and generally opens up a better bonus opportunity if you limit those benefiting from it.
Old August 3rd, 2018, 11:57 AM

IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer

PSYCHOANALYSIS
Before any Investigator, Lawman, or Slasher figure you control attacks with a normal attack, if Hannibal is in your start zone, you may reveal an Order Marker on this card and add one additional attack die to that figure’s attack, or two additional dice if the defending figure is a Psychopath or Slasher.

DISCLAIMER: C3G claims no ownership of the characters or artwork used for C3G customs. All rights for the characters belong to their respective publishers/creators. C3G cards are not intended for sale, and C3G does not authorize any party to profit from C3G cards.

Old August 4th, 2018, 05:13 AM
Hard as ice

Lazy Orang is hot lava death! Lazy Orang is hot lava death! Lazy Orang is hot lava death! Lazy Orang is hot lava death! Lazy Orang is hot lava death! Lazy Orang is hot lava death! Lazy Orang is hot lava death! Lazy Orang is hot lava death! Lazy Orang is hot lava death! Lazy Orang is hot lava death! Lazy Orang is hot lava death! Lazy Orang is hot lava death! Lazy Orang is hot lava death! Lazy Orang is hot lava death!

Not sure I like the idea of Locked Up. That feels like a scenario rather than a part of the character, IMO. With the whole cannibalism thing, I personally never could think of a way to elegantly represent it that felt thematic - he doesn't dine to rejuvenate himself, he does it because, man, liver's delicious with fava beans and Chianti. What I ended up doing, at my brother's suggestion, was giving him a fitting combat power (a combination of Deadly Strike and Surgical Strike) whose name hinted at his cannibalism.

For those interested, here is, as best as I remember (don't have a copy of his card on hand), what I did with him. Mind Games is reused from Mad Thinker. He ended up feeling almost Sonlen-esque, with loads of things you can attempt on any given turn with him but still not being terribly efficient:

Hannibal Lecter

Human
Unique Hero
Psychopath
Manipulative
Medium 5

4 Life
Move 5
Range 1
Attack 2
Defence 4

Psychoanalyse 16

Before taking a turn with Hannibal Lecter, you may choose an opponent's Army Card and roll the D20, adding 8 to the roll if the chosen Army Card is Insane, Unstable or a Psychopath. On a roll of 16+, you may view all Order Markers on the chosen Army Card.

Mind Games

After revealing a numbered Order Marker on this card, before taking a turn, you may move any one unrevealed Order Marker on one opponent’s card to one other card that opponent controls. You may not place Order Markers on any cards not in play and you may never reveal an opponent’s Order Marker when using Mind Games.

Psycho Manipulation 16

After taking a turn with Hannibal Lecter, you may choose any Insane, Unstable or Psychopath Army Card in the game and roll the D20, adding 3 to your roll if Hannibal Lecter destroyed a figure this turn. On a roll of 16+, take temporary control of the chosen Army Card and take an immediate turn with it. After taking this turn, control of the chosen Army Card returns to the player who controlled it before the Psycho Manipulation.

Choice Cut

When attacking with Hannibal Lecter, each skull rolled counts as an additional hit and if he inflicts at least one wound on an adjacent figure with his normal attack, the defending figure receives one additional wound.

160 Points

I'll probably end up updating Psychoanalyse and Psycho Manipulation to include Slashers - this design is old, pre-Jason!

This is the ranking I gave him in my personal customs Power Rankings (because I do that because I'm a nerd ).

Hannibal Lecter - 160 Points - His ways of messing with the opponent may be interesting, but are they really worth giving up a turn you could be using just to hit something? (C+)

My Family's Classic Customs
- The Stiff Corpse
=====================
Old August 4th, 2018, 09:37 AM

Psychoanalysis does make sense as an OM viewing type of card (predict what they're going to do next, basically).

The Mind Games reuse makes a ton of sense as well. It's totally within his purview to send people off on wild goose chases and get them all mixed up. Good call.

Psycho Manipulation seems to kind of cover that same thematic territory as Mind Games. I'm not sure both are needed and, meh, more mind controllers?

Choice Cut is a good name and makes sense to a degree that he'd be a deadly and surgical striker.

Old August 4th, 2018, 04:39 PM
Just A Head

So FWIW, here's what I currently have on my draft.
Spoiler Alert!
In defense of locked up, I feel like that's a pretty iconic part of the character. He starts the movie already caught, which is more or less unique among these types of "slashers." However, my version is very much based off the original Silence movie, possibly at the expense of other depictions of the character.
I really like Choice Cut, it represents how deadly he is, and shows him being a cannibal without an unrealistic healing aspect. Maybe it could not work (or not work as well) against figures with super strength?
I also feel like one of his powers should show him helping others, not just himself, with his psychoanalysis skills. Viewing order markers does help other figures too I suppose, just in a more roundabout way than an attack boost.

Go Back   Heroscapers > Marvel Legends HeroScape > Comic Hero Custom Creations > C3G SuperScape > C3G Legacy